PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Fanatec hub issues

Kain NL
17-06-2015, 22:45
Like with the PS4 support, after patch 1.4, it's about time to report the issues experencied by us users all in one place.

I had already had some tonight. First of all, after the installation of p1.4 it is necessary to reset your steering wheel settings in the main control screen (picture of Xhub with FGT rim shown).
Second one. You NEED to calibrate the wheel with 'sens' set to auto, or the chances are you'll brake your thumbs in a race.

Example:

At first I did the wheel calibration on 900 setting. In game FFB at 35 and tire force at 75. FFB settings tweaked Grimeys. Started a free practice race. Car: Formula Rookie. Track: Oscherleben National.

Leaving the pit instantly caused the issue I had. After leaving the garage there's a normal left turn...and a very sharp right turn....well that sharp turning of my wheel YANKED the wheel very fast and strong further clockwise, holding the wheel at 9.15h, that my thumbs really got hurt. And did a partial lock up. The tank happens at after about 260. It also happens with sharp left turns, wheel lockup while turning etc.

Then I did a recalibration of the wheel with the 'sens' set to 'auto' and that issue was gone. BUT I didn't like the feel of turning my wheel over 300 to make a normal turn in a Formula Rookie car...can't emagine that such a fast car has same turn in as a normal road car, so I decided then to dial the 'send' down to 420 cause I do that also on PS4 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. Because that gives ME a more realistic feel of turning.
Same yank issue happened all over again.

Bavarian Turbo
24-06-2015, 06:18
what settings do you use currently on Xbox One?
FFB settings tweaked Grimeys and in game FFB at 35 and tire force at 75? is it still relevant?

Fanatest
24-06-2015, 08:12
On XBO Grimeys settings unfortunately don't translate correctly. They are great for PS4 but due to differences in FFB protocol and a possible calculation error in the PS4 FFB those settings do not apply (to XBO)

For XBO (at the moment) the defaults are actually very good, I actually rate them higher than the PS4, minor tweaks are required to squeeze every last drop out, however as further changes may be coming, I'd suggest just running with the defaults for now, until the next patch arrives, then we can look at tweaking them properly... If you catch my drift ;)

Kain NL
24-06-2015, 21:38
Fanatest, can you please test the thumb breaker for me ? Described above....cause imo it shouldn't be this way...the only 'SENS/DOR' you can use is AUTO settings..every other than that...SLAMMM. Also when exiting pit and car goes to manual control the wheel gets quite a slam from left to right.
HOW can I get default settings back ? Reset of ffb controller settings again ? Cause I don't see anything happening to FFB in patch 2.0
Are converted Jack Spades settings okay then for us ?

chase66down
24-06-2015, 22:50
Check firmware on wheel l think 96 is the lastest it may cure what happens

Fanatest
25-06-2015, 08:38
Fanatest, can you please test the thumb breaker for me ? Described above....cause imo it shouldn't be this way...the only 'SENS/DOR' you can use is AUTO settings..every other than that...SLAMMM. Also when exiting pit and car goes to manual control the wheel gets quite a slam from left to right.
HOW can I get default settings back ? Reset of ffb controller settings again ? Cause I don't see anything happening to FFB in patch 2.0
Are converted Jack Spades settings okay then for us ?

Sure will, I'll test it today :)

To reset the In game FFB there is an option in game to reset them by pressing Y (I think it's Y, not at console at the moment) I'll check and edit this appropriately.

Jake Spades "could" work as he as 4 different versions to chose from. So it's likely that one will translate over, but IMO the XBO feels so different (in a good way) from the other partforms, that it really needs its own Jack Spade or Grimey to tweak it... I may tweak it later ;)

However, the XBO is currently my "go to" version of the game... why?
Mainly because it requires very little tweaking and feels great out of the box with a wheel.

FFB - Good
Clarity - Good
Colour Pallete - Good

With the PS4 every time I get in a car, I feel I need to tweak it.
But on XBO, any car, any track feels "just right" out of the box and I just race without any distraction.

I use the defaults for PCars XBO FFB (including leaving the in game FFB slider at 50)
I set my wheel FFB to 100 (everything else on the wheel at default)

I really do just "set it and forget it" on XBO and just enjoy racing.
With the PS4 I feel like i need to tweak the FFB all the time, HOWEVER there is a reported calculation bug on PS4 so I assume that will be fixed very soon.

XBO 1.4 Defaults are here:
(These images are taken from an XBO discussion we had the in PS4 section, thanks to "Bavarian-Turbo" for posting them)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=208882&d=1435092702

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=208883&d=1435092704

Kain NL
26-06-2015, 04:42
Thanx Fanatest, will try it asap. Resetting happens by pressing Y button indeed..but was hoping for another way... To avoid button mapping again.
DriftTony tested it too...also almost broke his thumbs. So if devs PLEASE wanna have a look at it.

Wheel SENS/FOR on Xbox One hub can only be set at AUTO, any other than that the wheel turns with enormous force in same direction you're steering in after about 160.

@Chase, the XOne hub can only be used with fw 094.

DriftTony
26-06-2015, 10:41
I have tried the 1.4 patch, but still find the Force Feedback rubbish, I cannot feel the grip of the tires at all!
I'm still not able to recover from the rear of the car stepping out (always the dreaded tank slapper of death), the wheel doesn't feel lighter when the rear is losing grip etc.
I do get occasional rumble going over the curbs and get a weird notchy feeling now with the 1.4 patch...is that supposed to resemble uneven surface? When you stop the car on track, it feels as if the front wheels are suddenly glued to the track (almost preventing you from being able to steer). There is no Neutral in the H-shifter. I did try both the 'default' Tire Force and Force Feedback strengths, as well as various other test values (came to 75 Tire Force and 35 Force Feedback strength...but it doesn't seem to change anything in the actual feeling....I do see a nice graph of the force that should be felt in the hud...)

I don't know if this is a Project Cars specific problem or not, but after the 1.4 update I have the screen go in 'sleep'-mode after a certain time....mid-race! When you flick the 'funky'-button the screen will turn normal again.

Really wonder if these Force Feedback issues are ever going to be fixed....are Fanatec and Slightly Mad Studios actively working together to fix all this in patch 1.5??

Fanatest
26-06-2015, 14:28
Thanx Fanatest, will try it asap. Resetting happens by pressing Y button indeed..but was hoping for another way... To avoid button mapping again.
DriftTony tested it too...also almost broke his thumbs. So if devs PLEASE wanna have a look at it.

Wheel SENS/FOR on Xbox One hub can only be set at AUTO, any other than that the wheel turns with enormous force in same direction you're steering in after about 160.

@Chase, the XOne hub can only be used with fw 094.

Confirmed!
Just happened in the DTM when I changed SENS to 540 and turned the wheel.
Just off to check PS4 and PC...

Kain NL
27-06-2015, 23:09
Pc..I don't know and guess not...should have been first complaint in testing by end members. But on ps4 this does not happen..I can set 'sens' to whatever I desire to turn more smoothly.

Edit: reset the wheel options...and INDEED the wheel feels WAY better now without messing up the ffb settings.
I left the in game ffb at 50 and tire force back to 80...cause I don't wanna fight the wheel all times.
Also found out a little work around the 'sens' problem. When calibrating the wheel I turn my wheel only 45 and press A button in stead of the full 90 !!!

Edit2: found out the COMPLETE LOSS of ffb after snapping a message isn't resolved yet.

Kain NL
28-06-2015, 16:58
New find...Try free play, Formula Rookie, Sonoma SHORT and drive the opposite way at some point...no indication you're going the wrong way. LMAO

Also. Anybody notice in free play and Solo...no matter what car. When car drives trough pitlane, leaving it after exiting garage, the car drives in 2nd gear...but as soon as manual control kicks in it switches to 1st gear!