PDA

View Full Version : Sonoma challenge....

Goods_1973
18-06-2015, 01:40
Get ready for hell...
Bac Mono unleashed......

1:36:098 in practice!

mikadri
18-06-2015, 07:17
So you have "jumpstarted" this one too :D
-at least it seems thereīs only 1 tiny cut on that track...

Goods_1973
18-06-2015, 07:46
You mean at the hairpin turn start finish? You can't cut it on XB1 any longer, After watching Sonoma videos online you learn what the race drivers do. It's all about the tune baby yeah...

mikadri
18-06-2015, 19:00
:apologetic: Well,unfortunally it seems that I was wrong about only 1 tiny cut here.
Iīve just discovered at least one corner where we can really cut BIG.
My best so far is 1.34.8 (clean lap),but I could probably cut 1-2 sec off in this corner.

WRT IVORBIGUN
18-06-2015, 22:25
1.33:492 during practice. Looking forward to this challenge.

mikadri
18-06-2015, 22:53
Very empressive time.That car is a really beast to tame :rolleyes:

HLR AlphaDog
19-06-2015, 00:39
Another cut track, too bad. Two places to make up about 6-8 seconds.

Tone Marley
19-06-2015, 01:07
Get ready for hell...
Bac Mono unleashed......

1:36:098 in practice!

your cutting the track ridiculously so. You are supposed to go to the outer turn on the uturn section.. your cutting into the first part.

mikadri
19-06-2015, 11:26
Another cut track, too bad. Two places to make up about 6-8 seconds.

No I dont think its more. than 3 sec
The no.1 guy on ps4 are doing 1.33.5 using the 1.st big cut,and I beat hes ghost untill he cuts.
Still annoying though

MonK3Y
20-06-2015, 20:21
How about strikes for corner cutters? I mean replays don't lie...Is this going to go on for much longer? It's disgraceful and pretty bad publicity for the game itself.

Joca63
20-06-2015, 20:45
:apologetic: Well,unfortunally it seems that I was wrong about only 1 tiny cut here.
Iīve just discovered at least one corner where we can really cut BIG.
My best so far is 1.34.8 (clean lap),but I could probably cut 1-2 sec off in this corner.

Yes, I agree with you...and I am sick of trying to compete with this "bugs/errors" and with the cheaters these competitions are getting... massive corner cut in this one too...it is just a matter to follow one of the top times...I just hate all the loosers cheaters that really believe they are good taking advantage of this...lame!!!

-UT-
20-06-2015, 21:59
Ok so I did 1:36:365, are there any other clean laps in the top 30, or is it just a bunch of cheaters in front of me????

MonK3Y
20-06-2015, 22:40
Yes, I agree with you...and I am sick of trying to compete with this "bugs/errors" and with the cheaters these competitions are getting... massive corner cut in this one too...it is just a matter to follow one of the top times...I just hate all the loosers cheaters that really believe they are good taking advantage of this...lame!!!

The worse is that those guys are really quick, they'd be quicker than me even without the cutting, but the track some of the guys use to set times is not the track we're supposed to drive on. Simple as that.

RTA nOsKiLlS
21-06-2015, 23:03
No I dont think its more. than 3 sec
The no.1 guy on ps4 are doing 1.33.5 using the 1.st big cut,and I beat hes ghost untill he cuts.
Still annoying though

Repeat > take cut > Beat the guy. :D Cut the last turn too.

WRT IVORBIGUN
22-06-2015, 03:50
A video of my 1.32.5

By the way don't blame those taking shortcuts. The potential to corner cut tracks should of been identified by those who had access to play Project Cars prior to release and this information passed to the developers to fix.

https://youtu.be/epXNO7ZmiyI

Deadzone
22-06-2015, 03:59
A video of my 1.32.5

By the way don't blame those taking shortcuts. The potential to corner cut tracks should of been identified by those who had access to play Project Cars prior to release and this information passed to the developers to fix.

https://youtu.be/epXNO7ZmiyI
And your proud of this?

Eric Bergeret
22-06-2015, 07:40
where is the point to talk about lap time when people cut corner ?

Leaderboard people: yeah im first

Me: humm maybee but did you really drive like you should or like you want ?
So ask yourself , are you really a good driver or just good for cheating ? also is not because you can do something stupid in the game that you should do it, just saying.

mikadri
22-06-2015, 08:58
Ok I admit it.I couldīnt recist using that cut too,-gave me 2 sec :cool:
-and yes,off curse I :shame::shame:

RTA nOsKiLlS
22-06-2015, 09:45
where is the point to talk about lap time when people cut corner ?

Leaderboard people: yeah im first

Me: humm maybee but did you really drive like you should or like you want ?
So ask yourself , are you really a good driver or just good for cheating ? also is not because you can do something stupid in the game that you should do it, just saying.

Who care's if he drove like he wanted, or like he should?. He drove the track that's allowed by the game. He set the fastest time so far. Fairplay to WRT IVORBIGUN. You can see his video, you can download his ghost.

I would say that YES, he is a really good driver, and I cannot see anywhere where he has cheated. Where does he press a combination of buttons, to get some ingame special ability? I just see a pretty difficult car, being driven pretty damn smoothly. I have been infront of his ghost on the 1st turn turns. Then from that point, there is a small gap between us, then we get to the "esses" bit, where he smoother driving, gains almost a second over me.

Dont bitch and moan, and call the guy in 1st a cheat, he is not a cheat. Follow the same route that he does, and beat him, if you can. If you cant, then he must be better than you!

I think everyone playing the game, would like to see the track limits work, but they dont in some places. Its really quite simple......Take the cuts yourself, see how your time compares to the guy in 1st who has taken the cuts, then you are driving the same track/route. If you dont want to cut the track, dont. But dont moan/cry/comment/or call people cheats, just because other people are doing what the game allows. Did you provide any decent feedback during the WMD phase of the game? Im guessing you didn't inform anyone of corner cuts. If I had known about WMD, and had a PC capable, I would have payed up, and I would have discovered these cuts on every track. Simply as I dont like people beating me via a cut. But if its just a cut, we can all do it without crying.
Just saying :D

Eric Bergeret
22-06-2015, 10:52
don't need to play whit word, track is bewteen the line not somewhere else 2 or 4 tyre who cross that line is already out of racing line, so yeah i call that cheating or you can call that like you want result it's the same no respect of the track limit.

yes some real driver also do this , that why they get warned a few time or they get a drive through.

"already see that in dtm in real life the guy's who was 2nd was going wide in all corner he can to catch the 1st, the race center*marshal* finally warned him that next time he will be a drive through."

if you finish in front of me whit cut corner everywhere, in my mind they are no doubt im in front, so i don't care about false result:). is just funny to see some people happy whit that kind of result.
well if he was only me, 2 tyre off track will be a no lap time at all.1 ok 2 is already too much.

now if you tell me that you don't see where he cut!!

WRT IVORBIGUN
22-06-2015, 12:03
I think everyone playing the game, would like to see the track limits work, but they dont in some places. Its really quite simple......Take the cuts yourself, see how your time compares to the guy in 1st who has taken the cuts, then you are driving the same track/route. If you dont want to cut the track, dont. But dont moan/cry/comment/or call people cheats, just because other people are doing what the game allows. Did you provide any decent feedback during the WMD phase of the game? Im guessing you didn't inform anyone of corner cuts. If I had known about WMD, and had a PC capable, I would have payed up, and I would have discovered these cuts on every track. Simply as I dont like people beating me via a cut. But if its just a cut, we can all do it without crying.
Just saying :D

Personally I would love to see all tracks fixed and leaderboards wiped.

I spotted that some tracks could be cut on the 1st day of playing Project Cars. How on earth WMD members did not notice or inform SMS about these corner cuts is beyond me.

Thanks for the comments about my lap by the way although someone has now beaten me!

RTA nOsKiLlS
22-06-2015, 17:34
don't need to play whit word, track is bewteen the line not somewhere else 2 or 4 tyre who cross that line is already out of racing line, so yeah i call that cheating or you can call that like you want result it's the same no respect of the track limit.

yes some real driver also do this , that why they get warned a few time or they get a drive through.

"already see that in dtm in real life the guy's who was 2nd was going wide in all corner he can to catch the 1st, the race center*marshal* finally warned him that next time he will be a drive through."

if you finish in front of me whit cut corner everywhere, in my mind they are no doubt im in front, so i don't care about false result:). is just funny to see some people happy whit that kind of result.
well if he was only me, 2 tyre off track will be a no lap time at all.1 ok 2 is already too much.

now if you tell me that you don't see where he cut!!

Im not seeing him cut the track, simply because the game is NOT displaying the off track / lap invalidated sign, when he leaves what looks to be the actual track. Is it his fault he doesn't get a penalty?

Game gives valid lap = not cut
Game says INvalid lap = Cut.

This is the case, until the track limits fix is applied. Like or not, thats the way it is, and its the way most people a playing the game.

Id be interested to know, after the fix is applied, thats great for leaderboards, but what about a race? Small cuts, turning in a split second too early etc, running off onto the grass, should mean an invalid lap, but whats to stop people just getting invalid laps, every lap of the race. e.g. Watkins Glen chicane, you can miss it out altogether and it slows you down for 5 secs (needs to be 15 secs to deter people from doing that). But if you just take too much kerb in and out of the chicane, its just an invalid lap, and you carry on with your position and extra speed.

I dont wanna see a codemasters style: touch a kerb and your speed is killed for 15 secs, as that really sucked. In certain circumstances that would be best, like if someone cuts over a field and few rivers etc, to T-bone someone. But unless the system works properly, you end up with people taking to the grass to avoid an accident or an idiot and then getting a speed cut penalty, and that kills the fun.

Fabian Baumgarten
22-06-2015, 19:30
some hints, what to do with setup??
i started with default and could hardly manage to drive 1:38:xxx???

GT-Club_Atho_
22-06-2015, 20:31
some hints, what to do with setup??
i started with default and could hardly manage to drive 1:38:xxx???

Take the Soft tyres not prime ;)

Animera
24-06-2015, 09:25
Far out! What a farce! :(

Eric Bergeret
24-06-2015, 10:28
Im not seeing him cut the track, simply because the game is NOT displaying the off track / lap invalidated sign, when he leaves what looks to be the actual track. Is it his fault he doesn't get a penalty?

Game gives valid lap = not cut
Game says INvalid lap = Cut.

This is the case, until the track limits fix is applied. Like or not, thats the way it is, and its the way most people a playing the game.

Id be interested to know, after the fix is applied, thats great for leaderboards, but what about a race? Small cuts, turning in a split second too early etc, running off onto the grass, should mean an invalid lap, but whats to stop people just getting invalid laps, every lap of the race. e.g. Watkins Glen chicane, you can miss it out altogether and it slows you down for 5 secs (needs to be 15 secs to deter people from doing that). But if you just take too much kerb in and out of the chicane, its just an invalid lap, and you carry on with your position and extra speed.

I dont wanna see a codemasters style: touch a kerb and your speed is killed for 15 secs, as that really sucked. In certain circumstances that would be best, like if someone cuts over a field and few rivers etc, to T-bone someone. But unless the system works properly, you end up with people taking to the grass to avoid an accident or an idiot and then getting a speed cut penalty, and that kills the fun.lol you need to learn how to drive in a racing track so, sry but if you don't see where he cut you just part of people who are going wide everywhere anbd think they are fast, when they'r not."
well im off the leaderboard for obvious reason , leaderboard is just useless, also until they add the rating system for bad player, im also out of public lobby.
3 hour yesterdays for 0 clean race, i just waste my time, thing like this gonna kill the multiplayer soon "i don't play solo they are no point".
no ban, no sanction, poeple are doing really some stupid shiit online in purpose, i get shoot and some other player too by the same guy's and he never get DQ, just lol..
the host should be able to kick someoen when the race is start etcc.... i get sick of all this bad driver.

so track limit is like racing you have to respect the track whitout someone taking your hand to say that bad you can't cut here etcc... you can or you can't drive that all..
i guess i ask to much from people who are trying to find where they can cut to get time, is really stupid to blame the game for human stupidity.

Fun ? where ?:p Pcars was my favorite sims to race whit, but now i just avoid it because i know i gonna waste my time, it's sad.
i get more fun this past 3 years during the devlopment part, now is just total bullshit online.
edit: the vievw bug is back :) AGAIN, also the car who spawn on each other, whit full dmage the guy's have is race already finish, great afdter 1hour practice /qualifs."

mikadri
24-06-2015, 12:24
Why canīt you guys just play the game as it is?
Itīs a super game with hours and hours of gameplay,-allmost in any way
you want.
Still people use (spoil) random threads to complain about the same and the same.
"Stay on the track" guys,also in this thread and lets discuss Sonoma and how to tackle this challenge
-with or without cuts/cheat that are equal for all.
Iīm on 1.32.022 in moment (PS4),and if folks agree with my opinion
-perhaps I post my setup:cool:

FA RACING 01
24-06-2015, 16:24
you want.
Still people use (spoil) random threads to complain about the same and the same.
"Stay on the track" guys,also in this thread and lets discuss Sonoma and how to tackle this challenge

Have not tried this challenge mate, but 1.32 sounds like a good time.

WRT IVORBIGUN
24-06-2015, 16:29
Now managed a 1.31:852.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMqjZZHds48

Probably could knock a few more tenths off as my last sector was slower than normal.

Joca63
24-06-2015, 16:39
you want.

Because it has flaws most people want to see corrected. When you post/open a competition, in a racing SIMULATOR, where people spend their time trying to find shortcuts and corner cuts, something is wrong, isn't it? You like to play like this, go ahead...but most of the serious people here do not agree with you. I want to beat you in the supposed and correct track drive line...not in a fake one. LOTS of players will try to beat the times here against corners cut players and will not even get closer to this forum to discover they are being cheated by you. Simple like that.

FA RACING 01
24-06-2015, 16:39

Probably could knock a few more tenths off as my last sector was slower than normal.

Lap looking good mate (except last corner). Is the car difficult to tame ?

mikadri
24-06-2015, 19:35
Because it has flaws most people want to see corrected. When you post/open a competition, in a racing SIMULATOR, where people spend their time trying to find shortcuts and corner cuts, something is wrong, isn't it? You like to play like this, go ahead...but most of the serious people here do not agree with you. I want to beat you in the supposed and correct track drive line...not in a fake one. LOTS of players will try to beat the times here against corners cut players and will not even get closer to this forum to discover they are being cheated by you. Simple like that.

Cheated by me!
If I have cheated you in any way that you could not replicate,I stop gaming for ever.
I play as LOTS of players do in this challenge,-because WE CAN.
Itīs NOT my fault the game is programmed as it is,so you have no right to call me a cheater!
-btw,I did 1.34.6xx legal before the cutting started,so I guess I would beat you anyway...:friendly_wink:

N0body Of The Goat
24-06-2015, 21:24

At ~53 seconds, you drive the wrong path for the track variant of this event, that is why you drive past bollards and deviate from the driving line you have activated!

At the final hairpin at ~1min23secs, you cut right inside the intended track path.

There are one or two other instances where you might be going off-track, hard to be sure with the bumper cam view.

Joca63
24-06-2015, 21:27
Cheated by me!
If I have cheated you in any way that you could not replicate,I stop gaming for ever.
I play as LOTS of players do in this challenge,-because WE CAN.
Itīs NOT my fault the game is programmed as it is,so you have no right to call me a cheater!
-btw,I did 1.34.6xx legal before the cutting started,so I guess I would beat you anyway...:friendly_wink:

Sorry for my english as it is not my native language...I meant you = players who cut, despite the game allowing it. You should have kept your 1:34 clean lap and you would be one less in the corner cuts count. In real life we have marshalls to disqualify the ones who do this, so my idea in criticizing it is to raise a hand against it. The developers should just check the top 10 times in these competitions deleting the "bad" ones as it was done thousands times before in other games with an on-line competition/ranks.

PS: I did not write I was better than you...I just said I want to beat (try) players in the correct track driving line :friendly_wink: Check the competition in the Road America Circuit with the Bentley's...those guys in the top I respect...very good drivers with very good setups, no cheating (at least I have not seen any)...(btw, I was 10th in there...not really bad I suppose). Best regards.

WRT IVORBIGUN
24-06-2015, 21:48
I have a message for all those complaining.

If you had access to Project Cars prior to release then you should of discovered these corner cuts and passed the info onto SMS. You cannot blame those who exploit this because at the end of the day if a penalty isn't given then the lap is valid regardless of how it is achieved.

Some don't blame those on top of the leaderboards. Blame those who didn't properly test this game before it was launched!

Joca63
24-06-2015, 23:15
I have a message for all those complaining.

If you had access to Project Cars prior to release then you should of discovered these corner cuts and passed the info onto SMS. You cannot blame those who exploit this because at the end of the day if a penalty isn't given then the lap is valid regardless of how it is achieved.

Some don't blame those on top of the leaderboards. Blame those who didn't properly test this game before it was launched!

At the end of the day this is what we are doing...once there are complaints and it is clear and agreeable this is wrong, we hope somebody will fix it! So, according to your math, if there is a wall in the track and you can cut through it, it is valid unless the game says it is not, right? Sorry, I will never drive a COMPETITION or try to raise MY rank in a track with that kind of exploit. Period. As I said, feel free to do it if you think this is funny. In Sonoma, for example, you have a curve with the correct and a "blocked by obstacles" track line...the game let you do earlier through the blocked line...OF COURSE it is not the players fault, BUT consider there are people that do not agree with that nor think it is funny driving in it. I hope they fix this and reset all the leaderboards.

An please consider this is not exclusive of Pcars...in F1 from Codemasters it is worse, for example...people exploit the leaderboards with a pen drive glitch, and it has never been corrected...you have people driving in Monza or Interlagos in just a few seconds and they do not change or cancel those times...serious people just quit playing...

mikadri
25-06-2015, 09:31
After countless of hous and restarts I finally broke the .32 "wall"
and got 1.31.776 :)
Whatīs the standing on PC/XBOX1?

David Semperger
26-06-2015, 07:55
Blame those who didn't properly test this game before it was launched!

Do you honestly think that hundreds of dedicated simracers didn't find these in 4 years? I have a message for you as well: we did. Not all, but many and we reported them as well. Also, playing the blame game doesn't help anyone.

You can check the PC times here: http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 08:15

I respected this lap of yours mate, but really do think that on your latest LB lap (Dubai) you need a GPS to show you the way the track goes. If thats what it takes to be high on the LB's I rather stay with the slower ones or play gholf. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 08:17
After countless of hous and restarts I finally broke the .32 "wall"
and got 1.31.776 :)

Xbox 1 is a 1:26.xxx which will caught the imagination of even the biggst cheaters and crooks in real life. Its a disgrace.

David Semperger
26-06-2015, 08:30
Xbox 1 is a 1:26.xxx which will caught the imagination of even the biggst cheaters and crooks in real life. Its a disgrace.

That's probably due to a bug. Apparently we still have some timing bugs. For example, earlier I've seen people report that sometimes when pCARS crashes during the loading of the track the game sometimes posts extremely fast laps to the leaderboards, faster than what's physically possible. I wouldn't be surprised if that could happen in other ways as well. These are extremely easy to distinguish from valid laps though.

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 08:37
Thanks David. However, I followed the ghost as far as I could and it was a "real" lap with so many cutting that it was just about changed to an oval track. Just cant figure out how he got away with it cause I tested some of the lines in the dirt and it was invalidated when I did it. Funny thing is the ghost now dissappeared from the LB.

David Semperger
26-06-2015, 08:39
If you couldn't follow his/her lines without getting your lap invalidated that kinda confirms that either it was a bug (regardless of the fact that there was a ghost present) or maybe some kind of actual cheat. I'm not the fastest driver here, but I'd very surprised to see laps below 1:29, unless people find new cuts that weren't discovered yet.

mikadri
26-06-2015, 09:18
I have seen more than once,that the ghost you use,-either itīs your own, or from leaderboard,-absolute not
are the one you expected.
I have had many race against ghosts little faster than me on the leaderboard,but even I easily beat that ghost,-I can see it in the mirror,-the finish time are slower than my best.Also when using my own ghost,and beat it,my set time are slower than expected (the ghost should be my fastest time)

stux
26-06-2015, 09:45
I have seen more than once,that the ghost you use,-either itīs your own, or from leaderboard,-absolute not
are the one you expected.
I have had many race against ghosts little faster than me on the leaderboard,but even I easily beat that ghost,-I can see it in the mirror,-the finish time are slower than my best.Also when using my own ghost,and beat it,my set time are slower than expected (the ghost should be my fastest time)

Right, i've been racing my ghost... beat it, but don't beat my time... and yet it was a clean lap.

Not having the latest ghost would explain it

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-06-2015, 09:52
lol you need to learn how to drive in a racing track so, sry but if you don't see where he cut you just part of people who are going wide everywhere anbd think they are fast, when they'r not."
well im off the leaderboard for obvious reason , leaderboard is just useless, also until they add the rating system for bad player, im also out of public lobby.
3 hour yesterdays for 0 clean race, i just waste my time, thing like this gonna kill the multiplayer soon "i don't play solo they are no point".
no ban, no sanction, poeple are doing really some stupid shiit online in purpose, i get shoot and some other player too by the same guy's and he never get DQ, just lol..
the host should be able to kick someoen when the race is start etcc.... i get sick of all this bad driver.

so track limit is like racing you have to respect the track whitout someone taking your hand to say that bad you can't cut here etcc... you can or you can't drive that all..
i guess i ask to much from people who are trying to find where they can cut to get time, is really stupid to blame the game for human stupidity.

Fun ? where ?:p Pcars was my favorite sims to race whit, but now i just avoid it because i know i gonna waste my time, it's sad.
i get more fun this past 3 years during the devlopment part, now is just total bullshit online.
edit: the vievw bug is back :) AGAIN, also the car who spawn on each other, whit full dmage the guy's have is race already finish, great afdter 1hour practice /qualifs."

You need to learn to look at the screen properly, please tell me the exact time in WRT IVORBIGUN's video where it says "lap invalidated". What, you dont have a time for me? Is that because it was a "clean" lap?

Obviously I can see him not stick to the intended route. But what you and all the other people crying about it, need to realise is: Thats how it is right now. That is the track. If you want to be slower, by taking the intended route, go right ahead. Im gonna run the same route, as the fastest person on the track.

Did you think you were going to be the fastest on this game? Is that why your mad?

**EDIT: Ive just looked at the challenge leaderboard, there are now 8 "cheaters" infront of me. SMS could you please ban these cheats, they are clearly better at cheating than I am, and therefore should be banned. :D **

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 11:18
You can give cheating whatever flavour, reason or excuse, it will remain cheating and those who does are cheaters and not less so in real life.

SMS recently gave their view on this matter and from that I understand some rationale for cutting corners due to vague limits. But designing your own track 6 car lengths outside the track (like at the Dubai challenge) is something different and plain cheating, keeping in mind SMS had stated it will not be allowed.

mikadri
26-06-2015, 12:10
But designing your own track 6 car lengths outside the track (like at the Dubai challenge) is something different and plain cheating

We can do that?
Thank God I havīnt polished my Glorie yet :angel:

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 12:47
Apparently yes. Well either that or those involved lost total control of their cars on about all of the corners. If I could/would post their gosts here (top 7 @ Dubai on XBox) you would see, but a lot around will never stop laughing and it will just cause another verbal war with useless excuses. I think we have enough of that.

SpeedFreakDTM
26-06-2015, 12:57
I believe the advice given was to just take the cuts if you want, and dont if you dont want to. Its being fixed in patch 2.0 :D

It wont change the names at the top much. The fast guys will just be fast without cutting the track.

Has anyone called BAM cheaters for being fast on the Road America Bentley Speed 8 challenge, where there is no corner cutting?

Joni Varis
26-06-2015, 13:01
Has anyone called BAM cheaters for being fast on the Road America Bentley Speed 8 challenge, where there is no corner cutting?

Well tbh he still exploited the track limits even at RA event on those few places where it was possible ;)

SpeedFreakDTM
26-06-2015, 13:15
LMAO, I'm just gonna bow out of this discussion now. Im not fast enough for it to make a difference to me if the top guys cut or not, they are still going to beat me.

I do believe though, the game allows it, in its current evolution. Im sure everyone is looking forward to a leaderboard wipe, and track limits working. Corner cutters and non corner cutters.

FA RACING 01
26-06-2015, 13:19
I believe the advice given was to just take the cuts if you want, and dont if you dont want to. Its being fixed in patch 2.0 :D

It wont change the names at the top much. The fast guys will just be fast without cutting the track.

Sure the BAM's are faster, but not the current 7 above me on XBox at Dubai. I stay with them up to the 2nd last corner after fighting hard to catch them after their cheats, but then they dissappear, not towards the front, but towards the side way way outside frightning the crowd on the stand. So they (not the fastest guys) are only their because they cheat. Thats ludricous

David Semperger
26-06-2015, 13:55
Well tbh he still exploited the track limits even at RA event on those few places where it was possible ;)

While you could leave the track with all four wheels at a few places at Road America in my experience it was detrimental to lap times to do so in all cases.

Joni Varis
26-06-2015, 14:01
I actually went wide before the carousel many times by braking too late but still gained time by it = abandoned the lap. If you got back to track over the kerb it might not gain you anything as it unsettled the car towards carousel, but you could actually get back thru the grass section skipping the whole kerbing without invalidating the lap. So for sure if you do it deliberately its gains you atleast few tenths by doing so.

Im not stupid guy you know when it comes to racing. Even that dont personally cut/exploit the track, i know very well where it would be possible to do so and gain by it.

But ill leave you guys to discuss this latest cutfest :)

David Semperger
26-06-2015, 14:22
Im not stupid guy you know when it comes to racing.

I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I honestly couldn't find a way to gain time though by going off-track at RA. Even before the carrousel, when I was going over the kerbs on the outside (not when returning to the track) that already unsettled the car enough that I thought I can't gain time by doing that.

N0body Of The Goat
26-06-2015, 15:47
Knowing that "real" assists incorrectly shows ABS/TC/SC as active for all cars and the BAC Mono has no such assists, I turned assists to "none" and used default setup set a time of...
#252 1min43.274secs

Having not seen if the driver stays within the track defining lines with at least two wheels at all times, the quickest lap I can see so far with the same in-game settings as me recorded at http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=45&page=1 is...

#178 Klaus Ellenbrand 1min42.020secs

Without assists, this car is a real fun challenge to "keep on the island!" Shame so many of you wanted to look like amazing drivers with so much non-real fakery (and making up your own track layouts with cuts), to be up to ~12.2 seconds quicker than me at this moment in time. :p

Edit: now #187 1min42.206secs (and Mike's lap did stay within the track defining white lines with at least two wheels, from what I could see... A good challenge!)

Just seen I missed a better default with auto clutch entry than Mike Campbell earlier, now corrected to Klaus.

mikadri
26-06-2015, 15:49
Bac Mono have tractioncontrol

Joni Varis
26-06-2015, 15:54
It sure doesnt have TC IRL.

"Traction Control was a feature that they experimented with early on but cancelled. It was determined that the car was so controllable that adding this feature was not needed – with this power level."

http://monoforum.com/showthread.php?8-Some-Common-BAC-Mono-Q-amp-A

David Semperger
26-06-2015, 16:45
I turned assists to "none" and used default setup set a time of...
#252 1min43.274secs

It's worth mentioning though that with the super soft slicks (which aren't the default) you can gain a couple of seconds.

mikadri
26-06-2015, 17:19
It sure doesnt have TC IRL.

"Traction Control was a feature that they experimented with early on but cancelled. It was determined that the car was so controllable that adding this feature was not needed – with this power level."

http://monoforum.com/showthread.php?8-Some-Common-BAC-Mono-Q-amp-A

Iīm not lying to you.Iīm on PS4 and BAC Mono have Traction Control.
I can take a screenshot and post,-just tell me how?

Joni Varis
26-06-2015, 17:25
Well its mistake on game then. In real life it doesnt have traction control.

b_akerlite
26-06-2015, 18:10
Well its mistake on game then. In real life it doesnt have traction control.

I wish it did! - I cant even tickle the top of the leaderboards - gave up on it quite quick as I was so brutally slow...

As there is no setup screen is everyone running default setups for this challenge?

if so I am worse than I thought!!

David Semperger
26-06-2015, 18:38
As there is no setup screen is everyone running default setups for this challenge?

You can use setups in the events. Go to your garage (button in the top-right corner), select the car used in the event (if you select an event first the car and track will be selected for you), adjust the setup, save it for the given track and it will be loaded when you enter the event.

b_akerlite
26-06-2015, 19:34
Ah..... legend. First lap got me from 1240 to 440! Wish I didn't have to work this eve!!

Andjem
26-06-2015, 20:41
the track cut detection at Sonoma Raceway National is broken at the last chicane before the SF straight.

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't see the last corner is different for this layout!! :o