PDA

View Full Version : Ready to pounce trophy

fghwe3
18-06-2015, 10:27
Having a bit of trouble getting this trophy and would appreciate some help please. The trophy description says

Ready To Pounce
Had a reaction time of less than 0.2 secs off the starting grid.

Is there a procedure to follow whilst on the grid?
I normally race with auto gears. Ive tried leaving the car in neutral and applied throttle on green, Ive tried over-riding gears to first gear and accelerated on green, over-ride to 1st, throttled up with brakes on and released brakes on green, and any other combination that i can think of the above. Still no good.

Pirategenius
18-06-2015, 12:20
Having the same problem. I've gone on green light, a fraction before and a fraction after the green light. Started off in neutral and 1st gear. Using the controller and a wheel. Yet it doesn't award this trophy.
Is this a known bug ? Or do you need to use the clutch manually?

LesOldham
18-06-2015, 12:51
It will feel like you have really jumped the start pretty badly. So anticipate the timing and jump the start.

HeeseyChelmet
18-06-2015, 12:56
I got this by not touching the throttle at all and then only after the green light. it was pre 1.4 patch and on PS4 using controller

LordDRIFT
18-06-2015, 13:53
Had it early in 1st season career pre patch, and then on my first race post patch on a new profile. I have cat like reflexes :). But you just need to recognize the cadence of the audible beeps and drop the hammer in sync with the last one.

fghwe3
18-06-2015, 14:41
so general census, touch nothing until green?

TheReaper GT
18-06-2015, 14:43
I leave on neutral, half throttle, 1st gear in sync with the fourth green. I use manual by the way

Pink_650S
18-06-2015, 14:46
l think this trophy isnt possible to do with manual gears, played 40 hours and it never popped, although it felt like l should be getting it several times.
Then switched to auto gears (because many of my "casual" friends already got it) and it worked.

SkyRex
18-06-2015, 14:53
l think this trophy isnt possible to do with manual gears, played 40 hours and it never popped, although it felt like l should be getting it several times.
Then switched to auto gears (because many of my "casual" friends already got it) and it worked.

It definetly worked for me. Manual with clutch

Pink_650S
18-06-2015, 14:55
Okay, the clutch might be the difference. l dont use it.
Dont know, really.

LordDRIFT
18-06-2015, 15:22

I drive manual. I don't use the clutch. My N-1 shift is simultaneous with my pedal drop.

Edit: I'm always revving the throttle before I shift.

SpaceMachine
18-06-2015, 22:33
so general census, touch nothing until green?

Dualshock4, manual gears with auto clutch. Select first during the countdown and hit the throttle on green. Easy :cool:

fghwe3
19-06-2015, 10:15
Thank you for all your responses, will try this tonight.

For such a simple trophy, it had me pulling my hair out!

KK78
19-06-2015, 10:27
Got this early on, basically get ready to hit the gas as soon as the green appears, seems to be easier to do with standing starts. I use the timing of the beeps

Artful_Alonso14
10-07-2015, 10:50
I still don't know what I'm doing wrong to get this trophy. I drive on a wheel, and had no luck there. Then I tried a DS4 with each possible scenario, still nothing. Anyone else simply unable to get it?

the-D-
10-07-2015, 11:26
Got it 2 nights ago in a private online race, not a trophy collector, so I just thought pffff, whatever lol

Synner40
10-07-2015, 15:45
I leave on neutral, half throttle, 1st gear in sync with the fourth green. I use manual by the way

I tend to treat it like a drag racing tree,7/8 times out of 10 I tend to get an amazing start.

wyldanimal
11-07-2015, 03:34
Standing starts...

It was impossible for me to get it with Auto Gears.
I had to Switch to manual gears.
and I had to Jump the Start to get it..
Jump within .200 of the green..

If you wait till the green light, you're too late...
Get the rhythm of the lights ( each is one second apart )
your car won't go till you switch to 1st gear,
so you get get on the throttle early, then shift just at the right moment..

Beep, Beep, on the throttle, Beep.... 1st gear.. Green

too soon and you get a penalty,
just right you get the trophy.

Stevesixty7
11-07-2015, 17:33
It's about anticipating the green light, there is the risk of a jump start though. I got this trophy about a week after release.

Fanapryde
11-12-2015, 22:34
I got the trophy in one of my first races on PS4.
I switched to PC since a while, season 14 now, Zero to Hero, Defending Champ, Teiple Crown...Just to say I did A LOT of races.
But this thing just does not pop. Is it a PC related bug ? Can't really see why I'm not getting it...

Edit: it popped today at the start of my 496th race (LMP3 Jaguar Palmer at Le Mans Bugatti).
For once I did not rev the engine waiting for the lights to go green. Just kept the clutch in, gearbox in first, and pushed the throttle.
Apart from NOT revving the engine in anticipation, I did not change a thing.... Weird...