PDA

View Full Version : Great Online Racing! Clio Cup

Luke Townsend
18-06-2015, 16:10
Just had a series of PC online races using the Clio Cup (the races are still going as I type). Awesome close and fair racing! Not sure why half the lobbies are always GT3 - GT3's are great cars to hotlap in but unless you are a very good driver and have other good drivers with you, GT3 races tend to spread out pretty soon. And so many people out-braking themselves in those rockets! Whereas Clios are easier to drive (even without assists) so lap times are closer and the group stays tighter together. Just as much fun to drive and great racing. A bit like a slightly slower version of BTCC. :cool: Next time you're online, consider giving them a go! :)

Neil Bateman
18-06-2015, 16:18
They are great fun to drive but you still need to be a little lucky to be in an idiot free lobby.

Luke Townsend
18-06-2015, 16:29
They are great fun to drive but you still need to be a little lucky to be in an idiot free lobby.

Yes you're right! :) Maybe they attract slightly less wallies than the faster cars! ;)

evohicks
18-06-2015, 19:27
I love the clios, when I can get online, these are my favourite cars to drive, although any hard to drive car I like also, it usually gets rid of the crashers, for me anyway ��

Olliehoodracing
19-06-2015, 16:07
Hi Luke, could I join some of your races please? (I'm not sure how I do though yet)

Luke Townsend
19-06-2015, 16:42
Hi Luke, could I join some of your races please? (I'm not sure how I do though yet)

Hi Ollie! You're very welcome! Although they are not my races at all actually. Assuming you are PC, go to the Online section of the game and you'll see the list of lobbies. Any that are listed as "Touring" could be Clio Cup although they could be another type of touring car as well. I'm hoping SMS display the type of car in the lobby list (see the thread here lol! http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27754-Enhanced-Lobby-List-Design-What-Do-You-Think) but until then if you want Clios then you'll need to keep trying the different lobbies that say "Touring". If you're lucky then some hosts put "Clio" in the title of their lobbies so you know it's them.

You're also very welcome to add me as a friend on Steam. My Steam ID is Wobblie Rampack. That could help if we're both online at the same time and you fancy a race.

TBH with online racing I've found the best way to learn about it is to try a few out. Once you've done a couple you kind of get to know what's going on! I tend to not qualify at all much of the time. That way you can start at the back, and if some of the drivers don't brake for the first bend and crash, you don't get involved in it and can just drive round them lol!

Olliehoodracing
19-06-2015, 16:47
Did you have to pay anything for steam? For features, as I can't add anyone cause I don't have that feature and the cost is something like 2.50?

Also yeah I've done a few races, mainly full of idiots and the proper ones seem to be private. Although saying that I've found one called gentlemens club which was good and cplhamster which both seem to be good quality racing

Also I'm on nearly every night lol

RomKnight
19-06-2015, 16:48
The weird part is that Clio Cup (or any touring cup) is bound to trade paint... OK... it was before. As of now is strictly monitored and all that "avoidable contact" penalties and such :D

You can still it in V8 Super cars and other series though.

Luke Townsend
19-06-2015, 16:52
Did you have to pay anything for steam? For features, as I can't add anyone cause I don't have that feature and the cost is something like 2.50?

Also yeah I've done a few races, mainly full of idiots and the proper ones seem to be private. Although saying that I've found one called gentlemens club which was good and cplhamster which both seem to be good quality racing

Also I'm on nearly every night lol

I'm no expert at Steam, in fact installed it to play Project Cars, and not had to pay anything for Steam itself actually. Just seen we're friends (maybe we friend'ed earlier maybe lol!) When I add a friend I select Friends from the topmost menu then Add a Friend. There's a box to enter their name in (and select Individuals from the other options). Hope you get Steam working and I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay anything for it.

FalkeGT
20-06-2015, 09:51
Hey there,

a thing I recongnized yesterday: You can easily join a steam-friends race, by choosing "join game" in the context (right-click) menu of his profile. Doing so, steam directly throws you into the lobby of the race he/she is attending. So, populating the own steam-friend list (never done that before this game) is a good point.

cheeers falkeGT

Luke Townsend
20-06-2015, 12:07
Hey there,

a thing I recongnized yesterday: You can easily join a steam-friends race, by choosing "join game" in the context (right-click) menu of his profile. Doing so, steam directly throws you into the lobby of the race he/she is attending. So, populating the own steam-friend list (never done that before this game) is a good point.

cheeers falkeGT

Wow, I never knew that! :cool: That's superb! Thanks for posting. :)