PDA

View Full Version : What really needs to happen in next patch!!!

Chappyjoker
18-06-2015, 21:36
I have been about fed up with guys online that do nothing but wreck and ruin everyone's races. That being said what I would like to be done is when people cut corners on purpose and slow way down and THEN try and block you and ruin your run. Why can't people who get a corner cutting penalty be ghosts to keep this from happening. I think you should be ghosted if you are under time penalty during a race so you dont hender others by getting in the way going 5 mph. It's insane that they are able to do this. Half or more of the time it's idiots that go 200 mph over a chicane or s's and are just being stupid. Then of course get a penalty and here you come at full speed and they try and wreck you or get in your way. This needs changed ASAP!!! Ghost time penalties please!!!!!!

Chappyjoker
19-06-2015, 04:38
Does anybody agree with this or just me? I think it's pretty logical.

TenthDan
19-06-2015, 04:46
It's not that simple though:

How long do they stay a ghost?
What about the moment they stop being a ghost if you're approaching?
What if it's an accidental off in a tight race and now your opponent overtakes you by driving straight through your ghost?

Vote to kick and a tracked statistic on 'number of times kicked' might be a better control, but might have its own problems...

Chappyjoker
19-06-2015, 22:52
I was saying they should be ghosted the entire time they are under countdown penalty because they are just going to get in your way and block you. It would be easier and maybe deter them from doing it if they couldn't get in your way while they are going so slow. I thought it was a good idea myself.

TheReaper GT
19-06-2015, 22:54
Maybe a little countdown sign on top of the car so the other drivers could notice and be prepared for the moment it leaves the ghost state

ImStylinOnYaBro
19-06-2015, 23:09
first they need to seriously take a look at coding or w/e they do to discern track limits. im not saying be ultra precise, but a lot of tracks you can have all 4 wheels inside the apex and curbing and carry on w/o a penalty. i've said it 100 times, azure is a prime example of this.

graveltrap
20-06-2015, 00:14
This is something that GT6 does pretty well, in terms of ghosting, and becoming solid again, the car flashes from memory before becoming solidifying , of course it won't become hard when inside another car (ohh err missus)! :eek:

Ghosting does ruin the immersion but that is the price to pay in public lobbies...

I think it has been mentioned in other places on the board as well, to try and curb some of the griefing going on...

VBR
20-06-2015, 12:24
Does anybody agree with this or just me? I think it's pretty logical.

No, I don't agree with it. Reason being is that automatic slow down penalties shouldn't even be in a simulation in the first place as they don't happen in reality. So now that they've added unrealistic penalties to a sim, it's now causing a problem that you wouldn't get in reality (because the FIA wouldn't allow it for safety reasons), so you then have to add another unrealistic feature, namely ghosting cars, to sort out the original issue caused by having an unrealistic feature like slow down penalties.

The way to solve this problem is to introduce drive through penalties, black flags, & track bans for bad drivers. Having no-brainer common sense options such as being able to kick out bad drivers, password protected lobbies, & people on your PSN blocked list being automatically barred from your lobbies would be a great help too.

Unrealistic slow down penalties have no place in a motorsport simulation. They just cause more problems.

flatspunout
20-06-2015, 21:22
Agree with VBR 100%. This along with realistic damage when set to full...try running over one of those fat yellow sausage kerbs at 200kph in a GT3 car in real life and your race is done, you won't just hop over it like a monster truck (which I see online all the time).

MLT24
21-06-2015, 04:05
Improved lobby options and allowing room owner to kick by themselves. And the banned person suggestion is a must. Also if they would have put in what was advertised in the first place on online ranking system for clean or bad driving. So our problem is sms hasn't delivered us s proper online experience yet. They should be vocal about this and letting us know its being worked on right now and will be in next update. Its already way late to begin with. Lets go! I did my part and bought game at full price.

WCR-jv27
21-06-2015, 04:06
Higher prority..... AI rain/tire/pit Bugs. One should be able to setup an offiline race and have it work. Im not even talking about better driving AI..... Offline should work no problem except for AI lines and some track issues which can be tuned. This also encompasses career. It needs to be fixed before anything is implimented regarding insane drivers online. They need to be taken care of as well......

VBR
21-06-2015, 18:44
Higher prority..... AI rain/tire/pit Bugs. One should be able to setup an offiline race and have it work. Im not even talking about better driving AI..... Offline should work no problem except for AI lines and some track issues which can be tuned. This also encompasses career. It needs to be fixed before anything is implimented regarding insane drivers online. They need to be taken care of as well......

Many people like myself just wanna race online, I have very little interest in a Career Mode. So for us guys, online is the number one priority.

jack1984
21-06-2015, 19:13
Many people like myself just wanna race online, I have very little interest in a Career Mode. So for us guys, online is the number one priority.

Completely understandable. However, looking at the amount of topics about AI rain/tire/pit bugs on this forum, it seems like that is the number one priority for most players. Ian also stated that the team is working on it for patch 1.5.

MLT24
21-06-2015, 20:42
Well us online players are not talking about a fix. Just adding what should have been in the game at releas. Just some simple online room filtering we hv seen in games since the ps2 days. At least you have a career to race. Online is very incomplete, not even half way implemented.

Titzon Toast
21-06-2015, 21:03
A fix for the wheel support in game would be nice. I've yet to see one person report that they're completely satisfied with how their wheel works with this game.

MLT24
22-06-2015, 00:14
A fix for the wheel support in game would be nice. I've yet to see one person report that they're completely satisfied with how their wheel works with this game.

Sorry mate but my T300 works perfect. Had it about three weeks. Use jack spade ffb settings and loving it. I know their r those with problems. Mine came from the last new batch so might hv something to do with it.

stella-stig
22-06-2015, 06:13
Well us online players are not talking about a fix. Just adding what should have been in the game at releas. Just some simple online room filtering we hv seen in games since the ps2 days. At least you have a career to race. Online is very incomplete, not even half way implemented.

Welcome to the world of beta testing

daddyboosive
22-06-2015, 06:53
What needs to happen is a fix for the FFB weakening issue on the T300!

The wheel is superb when the FFB is on 100 and works. Sort it out SMS!

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 07:04

Not if you ask for it like that.

We've moved it down the priority list a bit. :)

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 07:05
In general guys. Exclamation marks don't impress us. Shouting 'What NEEDS to happen', doesn't impress us or encourage us to engage with you.

Try other tactics like 'What I'd like to happen/be added', etc.

theguardian45
22-06-2015, 07:30
Fix the problems with soms steerings wheel that project cars nog found after the update. For the update my T100 works greatz know he doesn't do anything. At the game. He just stay by the controller.

If i put de cable in the ps4 after project cars is fired up. My wheel go to the correct posistion, normaly he find it as you will change your controller.

Eric Bergeret
22-06-2015, 08:10
what about someone whit spectator mode doing the race control ? i mean the ability to give people drive through* or black flag in real time.

automatic: or just say 3 cut in the same corner = drive through*, 3 more cut in the same corner = black flag.
"1 big cut result to warning , 2 big cut result to a black flag." big cut = 4 wheel and full speed
"just an idea to finaly have clean and fair race on public lobby."

lutonboy1976
22-06-2015, 09:49
I race with the same group of racers. All clean and fun. Racing in a public lobby you just run the gauntlet into the first corner and hope for the best. I agree the countdown penalty is unrealistic and bad for people behind. Especially when the person with the penalty weaves around trying to hit people.

ssijak
22-06-2015, 10:20
As stated many times, this would easily be overcome with player ratings based on behaviour in the race and a feature to host a race only for a specific rating. With that feature, you will need to endure this idiots crashing others only a set number of races until your rating becomes good enough to play with clean racers.
And yes yes I know you can find groups of people on forums who are clan and with whom you can race, but it should be baked in the game, I do not have time nor will sometime to look for people outside the game.

VBR
22-06-2015, 10:52
In general guys. Exclamation marks don't impress us. Shouting 'What NEEDS to happen', doesn't impress us or encourage us to engage with you.

Tried that in Post 8 of this thread.

;)

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 10:54
Tried that in Post 8 of this thread.

;)

So you'll get an answer :)

It's one of those cases where some people want it but the vast majority won't (I'm referring specifically to damaging the car by bashing over sausage kerbs).

I'll say this though, I'd personally like it if it could be tied to a new damage level (like full damage or somesuch) and that needs to be specifically chosen by the player. We have the metrics in code to be able to apply it to suspension damage for example.

deedub777
22-06-2015, 10:56

What I'd like to happen is...

Remove the 'go slow' penalties and introduce stop-n-go or drive through penalties. We already have it for jump start so why not for track cutting?

if it can be made user configurable even better :).

For example:
Track cut - get a warning for 1st and 2nd infraction (user configurable)
3rd time - drive through.

pretty sure there's a lot more to it than that however from simple ideas...

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 10:58
What I'd like to happen is...

Remove the 'go slow' penalties and introduce stop-n-go or drive through penalties. We already have it for jump start so why not for track cutting?

if it can be made user configurable even better :).

For example:
Track cut - get a warning for 1st and 2nd infraction (user configurable)
3rd time - drive through.

pretty sure there's a lot more to it than that however from simple ideas...

We've made a ton of improvements here in the next patch. Let's see how we feel after some play testing and then we can look at it again.

daddyboosive
22-06-2015, 11:58

If you don't ask you don't get :rolleyes:

SketchyRacer
22-06-2015, 12:57

i find the FFB set to 100 is way to unrealistic... the FFB set at 100 is more akin to that of a go kart... most race cars in this day and age are running with power steering etc and the FFB set that high just seems unnatural... i think i'm running mine at 80 or 85.. and that seems (to me) a more realistic setting... i got in my car the other day after playing with the FFB at 100 and nearly buried my car in to a hedge coz it felt so light... (and it isn't light at all 235 section tyres all round)

MrStef85
22-06-2015, 13:08
It will be fixed..just be patient.

VBR
22-06-2015, 13:55
So you'll get an answer :)

It's one of those cases where some people want it but the vast majority won't (I'm referring specifically to damaging the car by bashing over sausage kerbs).

I'll say this though, I'd personally like it if it could be tied to a new damage level (like full damage or somesuch) and that needs to be specifically chosen by the player. We have the metrics in code to be able to apply it to suspension damage for example.

I'd love to see a full damage option (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/vCqja7VQENc/maxresdefault.jpg) too, but was told by a WMD member that it's not possible due to car manufacturers not allowing it, is that true?

My post was in reference to slow down penalties in sims & the OP's request to have cars turn to ghosts. If a driver in the real world cuts a corner, the stewards would warn the team, & he'd get the message via pit to car radio. If he then carried on cutting corners he'd get a drive through or a stop & go. If he then ignored that, he'd get a black flag. If he ignored that, he'd get a temporary ban from the sport. I'd very much like to see that implemented for online racing; team warning, then drive through, then black flag, then temporary online ban. I'd like to see an option to disable fantasy penalties like auto slow downs that are entirely separate from all other penalties/flag/rules etc.

daddyboosive
22-06-2015, 15:14
i find the FFB set to 100 is way to unrealistic... the FFB set at 100 is more akin to that of a go kart... most race cars in this day and age are running with power steering etc and the FFB set that high just seems unnatural... i think i'm running mine at 80 or 85.. and that seems (to me) a more realistic setting... i got in my car the other day after playing with the FFB at 100 and nearly buried my car in to a hedge coz it felt so light... (and it isn't light at all 235 section tyres all round)

Yeh maybe so but I prefer to have stronger feedback. If I wanted weak feedback I might as well of bought a cheap wheel instead.

Slicker_VR
22-06-2015, 15:33
what about someone whit spectator mode doing the race control ? i mean the ability to give people drive through* or black flag in real time.

automatic: or just say 3 cut in the same corner = drive through*, 3 more cut in the same corner = black flag.
"1 big cut result to warning , 2 big cut result to a black flag." big cut = 4 wheel and full speed
"just an idea to finaly have clean and fair race on public lobby."

it would be brilliant to let the room host control flags and penalties from a spectators viewpoint - this would give us (VRroom.org) the tools we need to marshal our rooms to the professional standard we had on gt5/6

Flaw3dGenius
22-06-2015, 15:40
I'd also like to see wreckers get 5 second pens for rear ending, the 3rd crash ending up being kicked from the race.

RobMUFC1987
22-06-2015, 16:10
You sure they're getting in the way? The amount of times I've been pushed off track and got a penalty, stayed to the side yet still get hit...

Fanatest
22-06-2015, 16:19
Yeh maybe so but I prefer to have stronger feedback. If I wanted weak feedback I might as well of bought a cheap wheel instead.

I use a CSWv2 set to FFB 100 on wheel and all maxed out in game......

...and I still want more :)

glender123
23-06-2015, 15:24
I have seen people on numerous occasions cutting all the chicanes at Monza and getting 0 penalties!!?? Infuriating!!