PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Wheel Support on PS4 Campaign Thread! A Three Pronged Approach

VBR
18-06-2015, 21:36
Welcome to the Logitech Wheel Support on PS4 Campaign thread

After hearing reports that Logitech have now resorted to deleting posts off of their Facebook page concerning customer inquires about support of their older wheels on PS4, I no longer have any patience left & feel that I need to act. I hope you feel the same, & if so, you've come to the right place.

1) Write A Review on Amazon

Time to get proactive guys! Did you know that you can write a review on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Driving-Force-Racing-UK-Plug/dp/B00YUOVBZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435842352&sr=8-1&keywords=Logitech+G29) before a product gets released? Let them know how you feel about their solution to PS4 compatibility, the G29. How do you feel about having to junk your perfectly good G27/G25/DFGT to buy an overpriced replacement? Write a review on Amazon & let them know. They may be able to delete posts off of their facebook page, but they won't be able to do the same on Amazon.

2) Twitter & Facebook Inquiries

Please continue to inquire on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Logitech) & Twitter (https://twitter.com/logitech) regarding support for your existing Logitech products, perhaps together we can wear out the delete buttons on their keyboards!

3) The Change.org Petition

If you haven't done so already, then I would encourage you all to sign the petition over at change.org. (https://www.change.org/p/sony-add-logitech-and-fanatec-wheel-support-to-ps4)

Sorry Logitech, but you've brought this on yourself by your willful ignorance of your own loyal customer base by not answering their simple inquiries regarding PS4 support for older wheels.

:)

Disclaimer: Unfortunately some people have misunderstood the idea behind this campaign. To make it clear so that there is no misunderstanding; this is not a smear campaign, the idea behind it is not to abuse or harass Logitech & try to give them a bad name. Ironically, they're already giving themselves a bad name with how they've been handling this issue so far! The motive behind this campaign is to get Logitech to make a formal announcement regarding whether they intend to support older wheels on PS4 by writing a review of the G29 on Amazon, keeping in mind that the G29 is Logitech's answer to PS4 compatibility for all us G25/G27/DFGT owners. So please keep your reviews free from abuse, & go back & edit them if necessary. The same principals apply to Facebook & Twitter.

Thank you.

TrevorAustin
18-06-2015, 21:50
You do know this is a complete waste of time and energy don't you? Doesn't matter how Right you are nothing is going to change.

VBR
18-06-2015, 21:52
You do know this is a complete waste of time and energy don't you? Doesn't matter how Right you are nothing is going to change.

And you know this how?

Martini Da Gasalini
18-06-2015, 21:55
And you know this how?

you do know this is because of Sony?

and legacy property rights royalties to immersion

VBR
18-06-2015, 22:01

Thrustmaster have some of their older wheels supported, so do Fanatec, these facts show that it is possible with Sony.

As for the second sentence, I don't understand what you mean.

Martini Da Gasalini
18-06-2015, 22:03
got to this link and read wyldeanimals's post at the bottom of the page.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31163-This-is-why-you-should-not-buy-the-quot-new-quot-Logitech-G29/page4

madmax2069
18-06-2015, 22:03

Has nothing to do with SONY.

It has everything to do with Logitech.

But regardless of how bad we want older Logitech wheels to be supported on the PS4, it just wont happen. Logitech doesnt want older wheel sales to take away from the potential sales of new wheels. Yes its a dick move but thats just how the world works.

TrevorAustin
18-06-2015, 22:04
And you know this how?

Yep, of course its possible. But they won't do it. Its a marketing decision nit a technical one.

lordymatsuo
19-06-2015, 07:55
I have to agree no matter how much protesting is done it will not change, but there is no harm in trying I guess.

I love the OP's idea but just be serious and look here. Over 27 THOUSAND people have already voted that this needs to happen and is currently the 2nd most popular idea being demanded on the Playstation official list.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2014/05/20/ps4-compatibility-with-g25-steering-wheel/

Boycotting Amazon reviews could damage the launch of the G29 sales but it won;t change anything, they will just get Amazon to delete the reviews which are none buyers as it says if you have purchased it or not.

chig88
19-06-2015, 08:17

At this point I don't think it should be about getting them to change the situation. It's about showing Logitech up to be the money-grabbing b*stards that they are.

The more people who make noise about this the more chance there is of someone buying a wheel for the first time deciding to overlook Logitech. I sincerely hope the G29 bombs and that Logitech's reputation takes a huge hit.

madmax2069
19-06-2015, 08:20
At this point I don't think it should be about getting them to change the situation. It's about showing Logitech up to be the money-grabbing b*stards that they are.

The more people who make noise about this the more chance there is of someone buying a wheel for the first time deciding to overlook Logitech. I sincerely hope the G29 bombs and that Logitech's reputation takes a huge hit.

Every company is in it for the money, if you or anyone else thinks otherwise you're only fooling yourself.

MysterG
19-06-2015, 08:23
Moved to Off Topic

chig88
19-06-2015, 08:25
Every company is in it for the money, if you or anyone else thinks otherwise you're only fooling yourself.

Obviously. Only there is a difference between running a company to make a profit, and purposely refusing to support a functioning product just so you can overcharge for a very similar product.

If you can't see the difference between the two, I can't help you.

FoxMulder
19-06-2015, 08:49
Speak your mind guys and tell them how you feel. People died for these kind of rights. Power to the people

chig88
19-06-2015, 11:57
Obviously. Only there is a difference between running a company to make a profit, and purposely refusing to support a functioning product just so you can overcharge for a very similar product.

If you can't see the difference between the two, I can't help you.

I've had a reputation warning for this being 'abusive'. Can someone please point me towards the 'abuse' so I can avoid it in future?

Thanks.

TrevorAustin
19-06-2015, 12:29
A reputation warning is nothing. Juat another user didn't kike what you are saying. Its a bit like crying to teacher :) absolutely pointless and irrelevant.
It's only the mods infringements that matter.
Tje reputation thing isn't properly implemented and hopefully never will be with little gangs repping each other all over the place

VBR
19-06-2015, 16:17
I've just updated the OP with the following information after the mirror thread on GT Planet was locked by an over zealous mod:

Disclaimer: Unfortunately some people have misunderstood the idea behind this campaign. To make it clear so that there is no misunderstanding; this is not a smear campaign, the idea behind it is not to abuse or harass Logitech & try to give them a bad name. Ironically, they're already giving themselves a bad name with how they've been handling this issue so far! The motive behind this campaign is to get Logitech to make a formal announcement regarding whether they intend to support older wheels on PS4 by writing a review of the G29 on Amazon, keeping in mind that the G29 is Logitech's answer to PS4 compatibility for all us G25/G27/DFGT owners. So please keep your reviews free from abuse, & go back & edit them if necessary. Thank you.

JerseyOutlaw
27-06-2015, 15:58
I've just updated the OP with the following information after the mirror thread on GT Planet was locked by an over zealous mod:

Disclaimer: Unfortunately some people have misunderstood the idea behind this campaign. To make it clear so that there is no misunderstanding; this is not a smear campaign, the idea behind it is not to abuse or harass Logitech & try to give them a bad name. Ironically, they're already giving themselves a bad name with how they've been handling this issue so far! The motive behind this campaign is to get Logitech to make a formal announcement regarding whether they intend to support older wheels on PS4 by writing a review of the G29 on Amazon, keeping in mind that the G29 is Logitech's answer to PS4 compatibility for all us G25/G27/DFGT owners. So please keep your reviews free from abuse, & go back & edit them if necessary. Thank you.

It got locked there because as the first comment says here it is pointless. It's called business. Suck it up and move on. You have multiple options.

1. play with controller
2. buy a new wheel that is supported (that is far superior in performance anyways)
3. Build a pc and keep using your G series wheel
4. or just just quit sim racing all together because when the ps5 or xbox 2 (whatever they'll call the next one) come out it's gonna be the same situation all over again.

LVracerGT
28-06-2015, 14:37
It got locked there because as the first comment says here it is pointless. It's called business. Suck it up and move on. You have multiple options.

1. play with controller
2. buy a new wheel that is supported (that is far superior in performance anyways)
4. or just just quit sim racing all together because when the ps5 or xbox 2 (whatever they'll call the next one) come out it's gonna be the same situation all over again.

Or we could use the freedoms we have to try and get legacy support. This situation didn't happen when the PS3 was released. My early DFGT from PS2 worked on PS3. For some of us, money can't be tossed around so easily. And shame on you for suggesting we just quit sim racing. That's like telling a football player to give up football because he can't afford to buy new pads. Quitting is not an option for some.

ozpata
28-06-2015, 15:40
I don't think is about tossing money around or complaining,
it is the way they choose to run their business, a few years ago was different and this is how a lot of company decided to do things, forcing an endless circle of buying products and accessories, the consumer has few choices and one of them is switch to a competitor that do offer what we are looking for or don't buy the products that won't work the way we want them or with what we have

if you look at a lot of the business deals lately, they all going in similar approaches, making you buy things that don't need or get stuck with extras, they will always look for themselves and try to force more buying, consumers have to complain yes, but most of the time the more useful thing to do is look at what other options you have that can take you away from dealing with them or putting money in their pocket

don't be surprise if a few months after they present officially this wheel, there is a new one or they come up with another line, options, as this new product seems basically a re wrapped version of old things, also Sony as a lot of other business just want to cease supporting old stuff according to them and force you into buying new stuff, they all do that in some kind of way

VBR
28-06-2015, 22:07

1. play with controller

The only thing that's pointless is your defeatist attitude, & those 4 options (none of which are suitable for me).

Diablo944
01-07-2015, 07:55

1. play with controller

Unless its a g29 as thats identical performance to g27/25/dfgt (incompatible with ps4) wheels

VBR
02-07-2015, 13:15
The OP has been updated with links to the G29 listing on Amazon, as well as links to Logitech's Facebook & Twitter pages.

Sik180sx
03-07-2015, 04:44
Fanatec gt3 rs v2 is the tits lol get one of them and use the money you get from the sale of your g27 towards it,best way to defy logitech is to abandon them and support someone who will do legacy support:)

VBR
03-07-2015, 18:25
Already done that, got a GT2. Problem is I don't like the 2 o'clock & 10 o'clock hand positions on the wheel, I just can't race with it. Other problem is the stupid button placements, they're right where my thumbs are & I keep pressing buttons by accident. I'm on the look out for a CSR at the moment, but would much rather use my G25 or G27.

Sik180sx
03-07-2015, 23:51
Lol do what i did,i present franken911 turbo s210578

VBR
04-07-2015, 14:08
I think I'd rather leave my wheel stock & look for a CSR instead.

Getting this thread back on topic; OP has been updated.

VBR
24-07-2015, 16:34
We're up to 19 pre-release reviews on the UK site alone, plus many more comments. Keep 'em coming guys!

WayneSnr
27-07-2015, 13:07
http://twitter.com/Wayne_Snr/status/625653007963824128 be nice to get a tweet trending with support against logitech. Every little helps.

VBR
03-09-2015, 14:22
Logitech have given away 5 free wheels on Amazon UK in an effort to bump up the G29's rating. How sad...