PDA

View Full Version : Discuss -Why so much x box variance

inthebagbud
18-06-2015, 22:28
Ignoring the issues with variables like internet speed and ffb which can be down to user preferences why is there so much difference between user experience on the xbox. I would expect to see this on pc's where specs are different but are not all x box's the same.

I don't have the answer but just raising the point

Schnizz58
18-06-2015, 22:40
I don't have the answer either but it's a good question.

BellCurve
18-06-2015, 23:24
It could come down to this being the first real sim that's ever been on the xbox. A possible extension from that point is the fact that many aren't playing with wheels.

agentbeef
18-06-2015, 23:52
It could come down to this being the first real sim that's ever been on the xbox. A possible extension from that point is the fact that many aren't playing with wheels.

not sure if he means why so many different problems ingame for example my issue is with getting online races but others have sound issues which I do not.

BellCurve
19-06-2015, 01:02
not sure if he means why so many different problems ingame for example my issue is with getting online races but others have sound issues which I do not.

Oh, yeah. Maybe I missed the mark.

Since 1.4 it's been much easier to get in to races. Not flawless by any stretch, but a lot easier. Other than that, it's such a good game that I find it easy to look past any other bugs. On top of that, the devs are in such close contact with the community, I'm confident it will all get ironed out sooner than later. I wish I could be of more help, but I don't know 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 00001010. (Binary translator)

lmp4 24
19-06-2015, 01:04
It's not a real sum...u can't reset car to track in real life,you can't follow behind your car as you drive,and there is no driving lines in real life. Good game, but it's still a sim-cade.

BellCurve
19-06-2015, 01:31
It's not a real sum...u can't reset car to track in real life,you can't follow behind your car as you drive,and there is no driving lines in real life. Good game, but it's still a sim-cade.

OK then, fancy pants, it's the best sim consoles have ever seen.

Umer Ahmad
19-06-2015, 01:46

Car also does not catch fire and driver does not die in fatal crash and uninstall game, totally sim-cade you're right.

Scav3nger
19-06-2015, 02:01

Sim-cade... who the hell coined that? Arculation sounds way better.

Seriously though, why do some non-realistic features like resetting your car and having a driving line suddenly make it not a sim? The cars are still simulating the act of racing.

lmp4 24
19-06-2015, 02:06
Simulation: The imitation of a operation of a real -world process or systems for performance optimization..not bashing,game feels rewarding when I can play it.

SpeedFreakDTM
19-06-2015, 02:53
I would really like lag free qualifying. Sometimes its impossible to get a lap with all the lag. I see too many red connections.

inthebagbud
19-06-2015, 06:00

Agentbeef yes that is my point there seems to be a lot of discussions around " I have such and such a problem" whilst other users say they don't - it just doesn't make sense. I had assumed all xbox1 have same architecture but wonder whether there are actually slightly different version throughout the lifespan of the console

bc525
19-06-2015, 06:22
I'm not sure this is entirely down to the console architecture - Xbox1 vs PS4. Now this is totally a guess on my part, but I think it's a testing and QA/QC discrepancy that has created more issues with the Xbox version. I'm guessing the PS4 was potentially a bigger market than the XB1 and it got tested and received more quality control than the Xbox version. After all, with so many delays for the Gran Turismo games, PCARS would be the first major racing genre game on the PlayStation console. Again, I'm totally guessing here, but it seems logical.

The PC version of any game seems to be an entirely different species altogether, so I'm not sure it's a good idea to compare it to the console versions. I'm not sure of the sales figures but I'd be willing to bet a case of beer that the console versions are vastly outselling the PC version of PCARS.

I'm also willing to bet as SMS invest more and more QA/QC into the Xbox version of the game, that it'll get on a par with the performance of the PS4 version. Yes, I understand that the PS4 version is reportedly at 1080p while the Xbox version is at 900p, but I'm really talking fps here when I say performance.

Please take all of this with a grain of salt, I'm just offering an opinion here - and a decidedly uninformed opinion at that. It's just my thoughts on this.

inthebagbud
19-06-2015, 06:42
@bc25 thanks for the input and I appreciate there are differences between the different platforms, however my purpose for the discussion was to try and ascertain for xbox platform why there is "what seems" to be a wide variance in user experience

bc525
19-06-2015, 06:48
Yeah, sorry I misunderstood. Not a console comparison but a specific variation among Xbox users.

But at any rate, I think my general concept still holds true. I don't think the Xbox version received the testing and quality control that it really should have. Possibly that created a variety of glitches in the Xbox version that users needed to report - most notably with the gamepad controls.

Edit: It's getting late here (so please forgive my crude edit approach) but I think you might be starting an impossible discussion. Are you really looking for the single magic reason as to why some Xbox users are able to enjoy the game while some Xbox users can't even start the game? Yeah good luck with that. To me, there are far too many variables involved, specifically on the user end. Of course I could be wrong, I'm wrong about a lot of stuff.

kc76
19-06-2015, 06:52
Hard drive performance could make a little difference ! Some of us are on externals and some internal. Each make of drive would have small difference too. It could be the apps we have installed !

MULTIVITZ
19-06-2015, 07:05
I don't think MS had furnished SMS with all the information required to programme on the new XB1. Not because they were holding out but be ause they didn't know what the box would run like with the advanced clever coding from the developers.
The guys at Sony are legends, if it ain't right, they tell you straight, then help you fix it asap.
Thats my impression anyway. The reason only some XB1 users have issues and some don't is probably stack issues inside the processor. Just a guess on my part, I think it's a good one?
There's no single magic reason, I'd be surprised if it was.

I know Sony let you use a standard hd, I thought MS restricted hd stotsge extensions?!

kc76
19-06-2015, 07:09
I don't think MS had furnished SMS with all the information required to programme on the new XB1. Not because they were holding out but be ause they didn't know what the box would run like with the advanced clever coding from the developers.
The guys at Sony are legends, if it ain't right, they tell you straight, then help you fix it asap.
Thats my impression anyway. The reason only some XB1 users have issues and some don't is probably stack issues inside the processor. Just a guess on my part, I think it's a good one?

Think the PS4 had a recent SDK update which may have massively improved that version ! Think for the Xbox one ours wont arrive until Windows 10 drops.

Sankyo
19-06-2015, 07:48
Yeah, sorry I misunderstood. Not a console comparison but a specific variation among Xbox users.

But at any rate, I think my general concept still holds true. I don't think the Xbox version received the testing and quality control that it really should have. Possibly that created a variety of glitches in the Xbox version that users needed to report - most notably with the gamepad controls.

Edit: It's getting late here (so please forgive my crude edit approach) but I think you might be starting an impossible discussion. Are you really looking for the single magic reason as to why some Xbox users are able to enjoy the game while some Xbox users can't even start the game? Yeah good luck with that. To me, there are far too many variables involved, specifically on the user end. Of course I could be wrong, I'm wrong about a lot of stuff.
IMO the whole point about consoles is that the hardware is identical for everyone so playing the same game on identical hardware, everyone should get the same experience. Personally I've been really wondering how it can be that XB1 users are having such different experiences. The only things I can think of are things that can still vary from user to user, e.g. disk usage and fragmentation or heavy dependence on internet connection quality. These would then indicate a high sensitivity of the platform to those variables, and hence a sub-optimal design of the platform.

Robhd
19-06-2015, 08:00
Can't we put all the is a sim isn't a sim twaddle finally to bed...

This is a really interesting post, please don't bog it down with all that stuff..

The point being I really doubt any propriety software sold as a G...A...M....E in anyway matches up to the development software used by race teams...

Which is a true S...I...M...U...L...A...T...I...O....N.

They aren't pretending to be wheel to wheel racing like we are... They are gathering data pure and simple and are never in a million years going to share that software with others!

We on the other hand are all essentially playing with an excellent toy!

Enough now boys and girls (me included!)

I am off now to have some fun on track and go vroom vroom at the TV a lot... Lol

No, I'm not trolling.. But c'mon guys... Life is too short and who gives a flying .... It is all about fun at the end of the day.

Now, can someone tell me why some engineers seem to talk whilst others like mine don't seem to wanna play at all... Which seems a weird random variable between our collective experience?

agentbeef
19-06-2015, 08:00
Sim-cade... who the hell coined that? Arculation sounds way better.
HAS BROKEN DOWN
Seriously though, why do some non-realistic features like resetting your car and having a driving line suddenly make it not a sim? The cars are still simulating the act of racing.

yeah exactly what else are you gonna do when you crash call the RAC? hello yes my car has broken down where am I? erm

agentbeef
19-06-2015, 08:03
Agentbeef yes that is my point there seems to be a lot of discussions around " I have such and such a problem" whilst other users say they don't - it just doesn't make sense. I had assumed all xbox1 have same architecture but wonder whether there are actually slightly different version throughout the lifespan of the console

I think I asked a similar question yesterday its very odd if its broken why don't we all have same issue's when the last gran turismo was bugged it was exactly the same on all consoles.

skijumptoes
19-06-2015, 09:59
Ignoring the issues with variables like internet speed and ffb which can be down to user preferences why is there so much difference between user experience on the xbox.

There's so many variables as to why a user experience would be so different, but a bit element is the dynamic nature of the game.

From single player time trials in the sun, to packed tight grids in stormy conditions - There's just so many differing factors to consider here - this alone accounts for 90% of the differences between users.

As an example, the majority of my racing is either:-
5-6 player online, and these are always in sunny/dry conditions as that's what everyone prefers to play.
Or single player time trials - I love doing this with my wheel, chiselling away at my previous times.

Compare my experience to that of someone who is grinding through career modes, packed grids, changing weather etc. and it's going to be radically different.

On top of that you've also got minor factors like HDD loading speeds if people are using external drives, free drive space (The more the better), CPU Temperatures, FFB Settings, TV Settings (Interpolation can affect the 'look' considerably).

Then you have subjective factors, playing online i tend to find that the people leading the race and winning love the game FAR FAR more than those trailing at the back - I think if you're good at the game you are less likely to be sat on a corner spinning the camera round trying to find imperfections, or driving without focus - that's critical to getting the most from this game.. Once you're in that zone, you do well to notice people walking into your living room, let alone a bit of AA that 'may' look different.

agentbeef
19-06-2015, 10:05
There's so many variables as to why a user experience would be so different, but a bit element is the dynamic nature of the game.

From single player time trials in the sun, to packed tight grids in stormy conditions - There's just so many differing factors to consider here - this alone accounts for 90% of the differences between users.

5-6 player online, and these are always in sunny/dry conditions as that's what everyone prefers to play.
Or single player time trials - I love doing this with my wheel, chiselling away at my previous times.

Compare my experience to that of someone who is grinding through career modes, packed grids, changing weather etc. and it's going to be radically different.

On top of that you've also got minor factors like HDD loading speeds if people are using external drives, free drive space (The more the better), CPU Temperatures, FFB Settings, TV Settings (Interpolation can affect the 'look' considerably).

Then you have subjective factors, playing online i tend to find that the people leading the race and winning love the game FAR FAR more than those trailing at the back - I think if you're good at the game you are less likely to be sat on a corner spinning the camera round trying to find imperfections, or driving without focus - that's critical to getting the most from this game.. Once you're in that zone, you do well to notice people walking into your living room, let alone a bit of AA that 'may' look different.

also there are so many options ingame I doubt if you got ten ppl you would find 2 setups the same, seems depending on your setup it exposes a different set of issues for you and maybe not someone else. agreed I am so focused on driving that I just don't see many of the issues a lot of ppl see.

EMW Grogan
19-06-2015, 10:23
Car also does not catch fire and driver does not die in fatal crash and uninstall game, totally sim-cade you're right.

Yeah and in a real life you can't ask Scotty to beam you back to your garage while qualifying then go back out and and sit on turn 1 screwing everyone's laptimes....can you?

Weather and cold tyres do not a 'sim' make. I'm not bothered how sim and realistic it is, I am bothered about people saying it's so ooo realistic and a simulator....its not

Bealdor
19-06-2015, 10:28

So, because this game gives you the option to use racing line or reset your car it's less sim?

EMW Grogan
19-06-2015, 10:32
And Umer, I'm assuming your a PC user, also in this from the start. I also get the feeling that you and possibly all mods have never seen the xbox version let alone suffered with it. I get more than a little annoyed when PC users come into the xbox section of the forums and tell us how amazing this game is....The PC version probably is, ours is certainly not.

EMW Grogan
19-06-2015, 10:33
So, because this game gives you the option to use racing line or reset your car it's less sim?

never mentioned line or reset. If you read post again it says return to garage ( multiplayer ) while qualifying....do keep up

It also says I'm not that bothered how sim it is

agentbeef
19-06-2015, 10:34
would it be better to have to get a crane in to reset your car to track or have it dragged back to your pit box on a flatbed, or go to your drivers funeral everytime you really bin it in a race, i think I would be at my fourth one by now. actually now I think about it losing ten minutes of a session while you wait for your car to be returned to the pits might not be a bad penalty for blowing it, gives the driver time to go for a smoke I suppose.

Bealdor
19-06-2015, 10:35
never mentioned line or reset. If you read post again it says return to garage ( multiplayer ) while qualifying....do keep up

It also says I'm not that bothered how sim it is

Sorry, I copied the wrong quote. Post edited.

EMW Grogan
19-06-2015, 10:39

accepted

nissan4ever
19-06-2015, 10:45
I think it's simple. Some people are using the consoles hdd (it's a known fact that the console hdd is slow) while some use external USB 3.0 hdd. Some people just aren't aware that you shouldn't have lots of things running in the background of console (example, various apps from TV, ESPN, settings, Xbox Video/Music to Skype. Ian Bell said this game uses all cores & threads. Don't have nothing running in background at all when playing Project CARS.). Some people are getting a wheel for the first time & don't know exactly the best place to power it on (Xbox One dashboard) or calibrate the pedals (which you physically need to press them full independently before you load up game. Has nothing to do with in game calibration).

I only experience the fps issue when racing with way to many AI in the dry (use modest #for now) & should know a high AI grid in the wet is a definite no no for fps as of me typing this. Stuttering on certain tracks in certain turns (will be fixed in patch 1.5 do to art optimization). The sound bug (because the sound is running on the same core as the OS, but they going to work at it). What I just listed in this paragraph is my only issues I encounter with this game.

The game is almost a steady 60fps with upcoming patch 1.5. I doubt it will ever be locked at 60fps. Especially in a thunderstorm. However if they can keep it near/at 60fps in the dry with a high car count I'm happy for sure. If they can keep the fps from dipping to far below 50fps in the rain with reasonably high car count on the grid, I'm happy for sure.

Remember, we have a 14% fps gain coming in patch 1.5 (per Ian Bell). Plus the DX12 update coming soon & will see another performance increase from that too :)

ManOfNantucket
19-06-2015, 10:55
Personally I was never bothered by dropped frames pre 1.4. I don't mean to say I didn't have the problem, only I was not bothered by it.

However post 1.4 I now have a very inconsistant flow when driving, the game just slows down and speeds up constantly. All sense of speed also seems to have disappeared as well. Personally I would rather have the dropped frames than this currently jarring surging and slowing.

Neil Bateman
19-06-2015, 11:19
Its a pity you cant get someone who is having no major issues, maybe a few small bugs but nothing serious to post exactly how they went about installing and setting up thier game.

Include as much detail as possible including how old their box is, what else they have installed, how often, if ever the HDD is defragged/ wiped clean, what internet connection they use, who is their ISP and connection speed, you get the idea.

Then maybe someone who is having major problems can try to replicate that and see if anything changes for them, i did at one point have an xbox but just ran it into the ground and never looked after or maintained it so dont really know if this is even possible to try.

EMW Grogan
19-06-2015, 11:20
Personally I was never bothered by dropped frames pre 1.4. I don't mean to say I didn't have the problem, only I was not bothered by it.

However post 1.4 I now have a very inconsistant flow when driving, the game just slows down and speeds up constantly. All sense of speed also seems to have disappeared as well. Personally I would rather have the dropped frames than this currently jarring surging and slowing.

Strange, saw that in a lobby last night. Cars surging forward and backward smoothly thought it was lobby lag. Will monitor

skijumptoes
19-06-2015, 11:54
I went to school with a Bobby Lag, made me chuckle to think he's one typo away.

EMW Grogan
19-06-2015, 11:55
Its a pity you cant get someone who is having no major issues, maybe a few small bugs but nothing serious to post exactly how they went about installing and setting up thier game.

Include as much detail as possible including how old their box is, what else they have installed, how often, if ever the HDD is defragged/ wiped clean, what internet connection they use, who is their ISP and connection speed, you get the idea.

Then maybe someone who is having major problems can try to replicate that and see if anything changes for them, i did at one point have an xbox but just ran it into the ground and never looked after or maintained it so dont really know if this is even possible to try.

I understand what your saying but its a console, its not a pc, its supposed to be plug and play, no messing, no upgrading gfx cards, sound cards, ram, defragging hdd's etc. Shouldnt have to buy external drives to improve performance ( maybe ) . It should work. Period.

PC's have all that faffing about, which makes them more powerfull, upgradeable and more versatile . Dont know what maintenance can be done on an xbox1 as regards performance. None i would expect

skijumptoes
19-06-2015, 11:57
If you want a console which is less PC rooted then a PS4 may have been the better option for you?

The xbone from day one has been sold as the all-in-one system that echo's many functions of a pc, i'm afraid that with that comes inconsistencies in the many ways people use the console. Especially when it's competing with the PS4, and measures have been put in place to give the dev's more power.

These all increase the possibilities of glitches etc.

Also, remember that external HDD only affects the loading time of content, it's not CPU/GPU altering.

Raven403
19-06-2015, 12:00

I've had only a few of the issues mentioned, mostly my problems are with multiplayer, but as far as fps, screen tearing, game saves, menu loading I never had a problem. Alot of it I believe is because I'm running ALL my games off my ext. HDD. I installed Pcars to it (bought it digitally) and have my XB in power save mode all the time anyway. I've had minimal problems. I still get those stuttering audio bugs, and had fps issues at specific tracks, but not to the extent I've seen on here.

EMW Grogan
19-06-2015, 12:10
If you want a console which is less PC rooted then a PS4 may have been the better option for you?

The xbone from day one has been sold as the all-in-one system that echo's many functions of a pc, i'm afraid that with that comes inconsistencies in the many ways people use the console. Especially when it's competing with the PS4, and measures have been put in place to give the dev's more power.

These all increase the possibilities of glitches etc.

Also, remember that external HDD only affects the loading time of content, it's not CPU/GPU altering.

No, im quite happy with my xbox1, only SMS and Pcars seem to have a problem with it.

inthebagbud
19-06-2015, 12:18
When I started this thread it was from the view point of trying to understand why, as if you have the why then this helps in diagnosing user issues - as with most issues if you can find a common denominator this helps in isolating problem. I am no expert on Xbox and not a heavy user and it seemed bizare to have so many different view points. What I hadn't appreciated was the actual varying factors both with users xbox setups and game immersion

IMO the whole point about consoles is that the hardware is identical for everyone so playing the same game on identical hardware, everyone should get the same experience. Personally I've been really wondering how it can be that XB1 users are having such different experiences. The only things I can think of are things that can still vary from user to user, e.g. disk usage and fragmentation or heavy dependence on internet connection quality. These would then indicate a high sensitivity of the platform to those variables, and hence a sub-optimal design of the platform.

Agreed and that was my point when starting the discussion

I agree with agentbeef reply to your comments, I have not seen the majority of issues as have been focused on free practice side learning the game and haven't been online or opened up to the other complexities of the game and your comments start to change my perception of the complexity involved

I think it's simple. Some people are using the consoles hdd (it's a known fact that the console hdd is slow) while some use external USB 3.0 hdd. Some people just aren't aware that you shouldn't have lots of things running in the background of console (example, various apps from TV, ESPN, settings, Xbox Video/Music to Skype. Ian Bell said this game uses all cores & threads. Don't have nothing running in background at all when playing Project CARS.).

Remember, we have the DX12 update coming soon & will see another performance increase from that you :)

Exactly and this point needs to be made more - just like a pc if your computer is slowing down due to memory load you would reduce the load, which is fairly easy in that environment but in the Xbox environment how can you tell what the load is and what processes and apps are running?

Its a pity you cant get someone who is having no major issues, maybe a few small bugs but nothing serious to post exactly how they went about installing and setting up their game.

Again its a shame the developers cannot obtain a system dump from the Xbox, as you can with a PC, to help analyse performance issues. Do MS not allow apps that could run to check this.

I am not in anybodies camp on the issues and hope if others read this thread they will appreciate that there other factors at work as well as the actual game, which it has been conceded has issues, and consider whether their system is having any affect on the gameplay. If SMS are aware of any definite no-nos that cause issues this may help as well.

Again thanks for all the input and lets keep the comments about the subject, there are plenty of other threads to discuss particular issues IMHO

Plato99
19-06-2015, 13:17

Also, the drivers don't do really boring post-race interviews whilst wearing big watches.
And there are no grid girls (patch 1.6 please Mr. Bell)

EMW Grogan
19-06-2015, 14:30
Also, the drivers don't do really boring post-race interviews whilst wearing big watches.
And there are no grid girls (patch 1.6 please Mr. Bell)

I heard that grid girls were included In the original version but we're removed due to pressure from women's rights groups.

This now explains the missing pit lane mechanics mystery - equality.

Seriously I don't care about the pit guys. Bigger fish to fix

Schnizz58
19-06-2015, 15:16
I think one factor could be the fact that the Xbox is more than just a game console. Users can run all sorts of other apps on the console. So some of the difference in UX might come down what other stuff the Xbox is doing in addition to running PCars. I use my Xbox as a game console only. I don't have a lot of other stuff running in the background. And my UX with regard to things like frame rate stuttering has been pretty good. I don't use Instant On; the Xbox boots with a clean cache each time. I have to believe that's a factor.

What I don't get is how two people with identical Xboxes, identical wheels and identical settings can have such different experiences with regard to FFB. I can't get my head around that one.

Ixoye56
19-06-2015, 15:22
I think one factor could be the fact that the Xbox is more than just a game console. Users can run all sorts of other apps on the console. So some of the difference in UX might come down what other stuff the Xbox is doing in addition to running PCars. I use my Xbox as a game console only. I don't have a lot of other stuff running in the background. And my UX with regard to things like frame rate stuttering has been pretty good. I don't use Instant On; the Xbox boots with a clean cache each time. I have to believe that's a factor.

i think you are right, wouldn't some problems disappear if you play in offline mode then ? Anyone that have test that ?

Schnizz58
19-06-2015, 15:25
i think you are right, wouldn't some problems disappear if you play in offline mode then ? Anyone that have test that ?
Not really. The only thing offline changes is that now you aren't processing a lot of data through the network i/f. That will help some but I wouldn't expect it to be that much.

Also in regards to the HDD, as I understand it, the game shouldn't be accessing the hard disk much, if at all, during game play. Certainly it will when loading tracks and things like that but not while you're actually driving. I could be wrong about that but I know that HDD access is slower by orders of magnitude than memory access so game designers try to run from RAM as much as possible.

skijumptoes
19-06-2015, 15:25
What I don't get is how two people with identical Xboxes, identical wheels and identical settings can have such different experiences with regard to FFB. I can't get my head around that one.

Well, it's what you expect the FFB to feel like in the first place as to whether you're happy with it or feel that it's not working etc. - e.g. you have people who've driven high performance cars, you've got people who want the FFB to be over-compensated to justify their purchase, and you have people who've never driven a car in their life - all playing, and all have completely different expectations and/or requirements as to what they want to see back from their purchases.

Trouble is, so much is subjective, the same wheel, on the same setup, is going to be the same, i don't think there's much denying that. Unless the motors are starting to go of course. ;)

You've also got people who feel that ffb should be an indicator/aid to help them get better lap times and have bought ffb wheel for that purpose, and then you also have people who want to just 'experience' the sensation.

Schnizz58
19-06-2015, 15:30
Well, it's what you expect - you have people who've driven high performance cars, you've got people who want the FFB to be over-compensated to justify their purchase, and you have people who've never driven a car in their life who have completely different expectations.

Trouble is, so much is subjective, the same wheel, on the same setup, is going to be the same, i don't think there's much denying that. Unless the motors are starting to go of course. ;)

I certainly think that's a contributing factor too. A lot of people don't know what it should feel like. Some probably think it's supposed to feel lifeless like in Forza and don't know what to do with all the information the FFB is giving them. But even so there are vastly different UX's out there that I can't account for.

BellCurve
19-06-2015, 16:50

I was SO confused before I scrolled down a little haha

FAHound
21-06-2015, 10:38
Last night I experienced some of the sound issues and the frame rate issues. I have had them before but not to the extent that I was bothered in any way. This was every race and every track. It was also the first day since I bought PCars a few weeks ago that I had played other games on the Xbone (I'm a PCars Junkie). I was careful to quit my previous game from the dashboard before starting. Did a hard rest and it was back to normal.

So, it seems to me that to get the best out of PCars, a hard reset is required every time before you play. It would also explain the differences in people's experience of the game.