PDA

View Full Version : Does Pcars realy need a clean player ranking system ?

321Respawn
19-06-2015, 00:22
Well judge for yourselves https://youtu.be/6Q1Qu5m10bE
I think Pcars has the potential to be a great racing game but unfortunately some players make it impossible at times either through lack of skill or sheer malevolence .
Now I know many people have said join a clean racer group but that means joining many groups in the hope of being on at the same time as one of them .
Most of the time when I am able to play there are no private groups on so I would be forced to play with randoms regardless.
Many players don't seem to understand that the braking point they were using during qualify and in free air is not going to be the same when you are behind someone else ,you need to brake a little sooner.
Then of course there are those that think the race is won by being first through the corner even though they qualified in last place .Face it if you qualified last being in first place after the first corner only means you will lose that position before the race is over .
Lets not forget about the guy that thinks he can keep his position by ramming into the side of your car as you overtake on the straight away .

Now to be fair not every crash and smash can be helped .Sometimes you might tap the guy in front because your brakes or tires are hot and less effective this is understandable.
Also in Pcars favourite default Bumper cam :mad: ,hood cam and drivers seat it is impossible to see where other cars are when they are 3/4 behind .Guys on single monitor set ups can't see through drivers side mirrors either unless they move POV far back which is an unnatural driving position .
This is where the future addition of position indicators would be useful .Ian has mentioned constant improvement and additions so I hope this will be one of them .

Finally a clean driver ranking system is desperately needed so that those less familiar with the game or just outright greefers can play together until they earn the privilege of racing in clean groups and those that have clean records can enjoy playing without having to take defensive lines and pre-emtive avoidance measures every time a car is behind them .

We all know it can be done now the question is will it be done .

Baron_Greenback
19-06-2015, 00:27
A penalty system for crashing would make people 'play nice'. Everyone would be clean drivers if they were smote into the seventh circle every time they rammed.

Diablo944
19-06-2015, 01:05
Side mirrors in the hud would be good for me. Save a lot of incidents. I can usually see a bit of one mirror on some cars while using in car views, not enough to keep things clean

321Respawn
19-06-2015, 03:04
Yes a big part of the issue is our ability to see what is happening around us .In a real car you can see your mirrors or check over your shoulder .
Being able to see would go a long way in avoiding the idiot first corner champions and a penalty system would soon have them playing solo time trial where they should be .

hkraft300
19-06-2015, 07:33
FOV settings or assign buttons to look left/right. Not all of us can afford VR or 3 screen setups.
If I have a car approaching/ diving on my right I stick to my left. I've gone door to door through the corkscrew at Laguna without an issue with good racers and I've made clean passes without contact exiting there.
A quick glance does the trick. I do recommend pCars put in blind spot indicators, but that would mean the dirty rammers know when you are doing a sneaky pass on them through a corner...
If you're getting squeezed by a dirty blocker, slow down, find another opportunity.
Many aren't necessarily dirty drivers just lack awareness. Got a good launch at Catalunya in FA from 2nd, pole didn't see me and without looking swerved to take the racing line thinking he's ahead and boom took me and 3/4 of a good field out before the pit wall ended! I didn't think he would block so soon or without looking.
As for dirty drivers - they will stick around until the next NFS/GT/Forza come about then hopefully take their shit driving elsewhere.
Having run through random lobbies I've met some good dudes to race with. You'll come across some soon enough and make your own group of race mates :)

Diablo944
19-06-2015, 07:44
FOV settings or assign buttons to look left/right. Not all of us can afford VR or 3 screen setups.

Am on a ps4, vr and 3 screens are still pie in the sky. But as to fov or buttons as an option, well, to me personally, they are not. Changing the fov from the comfortable near reality internal view just ends up looking wrong.
And buttons? Too busy steering and changing gear to press buttons, much less try and find them on the wheel while driving.

QPRLad
19-06-2015, 11:07
If people can ram others off the track to keep a position, then those who want to will. Giving them options to see others coming will just increase it. Racing incidents happen but they're more further up the field. You can expect PCars to try and issue a nice system to come up with a penalty system when real life race organisations can't get it right. I've been punted off at a chicane and got a slow penalty for cutting the track, hardly seems fair but its not life or death is it. Just give reviews/report and avoid the dirty racers and prefer the good ones.

RowJimmyRow
19-06-2015, 11:26
Am on a ps4, vr and 3 screens are still pie in the sky. But as to fov or buttons as an option, well, to me personally, they are not. Changing the fov from the comfortable near reality internal view just ends up looking wrong.
And buttons? Too busy steering and changing gear to press buttons, much less try and find them on the wheel while driving.

I think this is sorta the point... it's part of the skill of sim-racing. Just look at Yorkie's videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/Yorkie065) and see how often he checks his blind spots. I am just learning to race, and I am at the point where I can go fairly fast around the track, but I don't have the awareness to be perfectly clean in a pack. Thats why I am practicing using the look buttons.

Diablo944
19-06-2015, 11:27
As long as the penalty system is optional, then its a good thing to consider implementing. Sometimes people want different things. Having the option to ghost instead of impact could be good. Means any player wanting clean fast laps an get on with it. But optional is the operative word. Sometimes its better to have more realism.

Diablo944
19-06-2015, 11:29
I think this is sorta the point... it's part of the skill of sim-racing. Just look at Yorkie's videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/Yorkie065) and see how often he checks his blind spots. I am just learning to race, and I am at the point where I can go fairly fast around the track, but I don't have the awareness to be perfectly clean in a pack. Thats why I am practicing using the look buttons.

But on a wheel, finding a button mid curve isnt an option. Checking blindspots on a pad, maybe, but button pushing on a wheel isnt really feasible.

MrFlibble81
19-06-2015, 11:33
It could probably do with one, I think it might help. But it would make sure that it did not penalize people that were just caught up in an accident and did nothing wrong and also people who just made a mistake. After all, it's racing and mistakes happen.

D4rkst3EL
19-06-2015, 11:36
Does Pcars realy need a clean player ranking system ?

Yes

smoothherb
19-06-2015, 12:05
Main problem is that no one tells the new players how to behave in a race!!!

GT does a good job with the licence tests. PC need something like that for the racing rules and stuff. Most new players come from arcarde titels where its not important to drive clean!
We need offical events for amateurs, intermediate and pros. You can only enter these Races if you did the licens,so you know how to behave.
Aside from this we need a good penalty system, but I think its not that easy to do. For example who ram who? Was it on propose or not? Same with cutting? Did you go on the green to prevent a crash or to cut corners? Stuff like that.

Hope you can understand what I try to say in my german english.

LemonVTS
19-06-2015, 12:16
This is a must have in a racing sim like this, the overall quality would definitely go up.

joking_aura
19-06-2015, 12:17
But on a wheel, finding a button mid curve isnt an option. Checking blindspots on a pad, maybe, but button pushing on a wheel isnt really feasible.

I assign the D pad left and right to this function. I have no problem checking blind spots. It's all about knowing your surroundings before you enter a turn. It also works when others hold their line or knowing when to push. Most of my issues online are from drivers that just don't understand what they should and should not do. All too often I am hit from behind from a guy trying to squeeze through 2 cars entering a braking zone. The patience is not there to properly set up a pass. I don't even think most of them know they are in the wrong TBH. This game needs a safety rating and we should be able to set up lobbies for people that meet a certain safety threshold. If you fall below the threshold you are stuck with others that are just as careless. If they want to race clean they shoudl be able to improve their safety rating over time to get back above the threshold.

OrenIshii BE
19-06-2015, 12:19

Used to race in Forza 4 leagues, is constantly looked around, never looking at the same angle for more than 5-10 sec (depending on what track section i was on)

Watching left and right in pCars is just not half as usefull than forza's left and right look!

creepyd
19-06-2015, 12:38
Look left / right is far too slow to be useful, and it needs to go all the way over the shoulder ideally so we can look into the blind spot.
Not only that, in a real car you can still 'feel' the car and where you're going - impossible in a sim.

I don't think a ranking system is the way to go.

Give people the tools so less experienced drivers have a chance to learn - screen edge arrows I believe would help A LOT going through those first few corners.
Ok that's not realistic, but it's never ever going to be realistic - it's a game after all.

3800racingfool
19-06-2015, 13:58
Look left / right is far too slow to be useful, and it needs to go all the way over the shoulder ideally so we can look into the blind spot.
Not only that, in a real car you can still 'feel' the car and where you're going - impossible in a sim.

This. In real life, I can check my mirror and be focused back on the road in the time it takes to finish turning the helmet. Not to mention the helmet turns much too far for my taste (and maybe not far enough for others). Some sliders in the settings menu that would affect the turning speed and turning radius would be awesome.

Give people the tools so less experienced drivers have a chance to learn - screen edge arrows I believe would help A LOT going through those first few corners.
Ok that's not realistic, but it's never ever going to be realistic - it's a game after all.

There's already plenty of other aids in the game (driving line, turning markers, HUD overlays, chase cam) that I don't think adding a radar or passing arrows would be any less realistic. In my experience, knowing someone's next to you (and where they are in relation to you) is half the battle. Are the wheel to wheel? Or does he barely have his front bumper next to your real wheel? An answer to that question determines how much (if any) room you're obligated to leave him.

N0body Of The Goat
19-06-2015, 14:09
Need, no.

Desirable, very much so.

FoxMulder
19-06-2015, 14:13
Why not learn from the best? Check out Helicorsa (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-QYiXwAUOM) from Assetto Corsa.
Would love to see a similar system in pCars.

hkraft300
19-06-2015, 14:25
Can't look over the shoulder much in pCars because safety.
The HANS restraint limits head movement of the driver ;)
But really it's the responsibility of the driver BEHIND to make a safe pass.
I had a think about the blind spot market/ screen indicators for cars running alongside, but like I said it makes it easier for arseholes to see when you're alongside and swerve to hit you.
A penalty system taking account of speed difference, perhaps?
Whatever is implemented, it won't entirely solve the problem.
I think just the lobby host to have kick powers would be great - if you get or see someone rammed by a bad racer, tell the host and have him kicked from the race/ lobby. Simple enough to code I think, and use.
I prefer self regulation over automated.

wusuku
19-06-2015, 14:50
Who cares for what's behind
I always stick to the 1st rule of italian driving

well explained here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDaONrHK1f8

Mellowyellow
19-06-2015, 14:51
It's just an idea which could help!

Before entering an online race at any track you first have to enter free practice in the (main menu) at that track. Complete 10 consecutive laps in under a required time in order to race online. Similar to the 100% rule they have in F1. Obviously this will vary depending on what category car you wish to compete in.

I know it wouldn't erase all problems but it would definitely help people to get to know the track better so it's more even. Yes driving solo is different from a race with braking distances, awareness etc.

You need to know a track first, practice! Its what it's there for.

FoxMulder
19-06-2015, 14:57
Why did you put that big-ass and pointless screenshot into your post?

Mellowyellow
19-06-2015, 15:04
Why did you put that big-ass and pointless screenshot into your post?

To show people where it is. Because most people don't use it before creating carnage online.

Most people on here know where it is. Just trying to get my point across.

hkraft300
19-06-2015, 16:41
the problem isn't those of us (all of us?) on this forum who want good tight racing, good sportsmanship, clean driving (with the occasional paint swap)...

Who cares for what's behind

That's what I mean - if you are behind a car, it is your responsibility to make a safe pass.
However I do care when there is a dirty driver I just passed and he's coming up behind me to ram me off track at the next brake zone lol try watch the rear view for a well-times swerve so he flies straight pass me lol

Before entering an online race at any track you first have to enter free practice in the (main menu) at that track. Complete 10 consecutive laps in under a required time in order to race online.

Maybe as a 1st time, once-off thing. But I don't see how it stops wreckers.
Wreckers will still wreck. An automated penalty system may on some situations penalise the wrong person, and to get that all 99% is a big job with coding testing and development. With all the work, it will only be so effective.

Leave it up to us and our judgement to kick/ban wreckers and dirty drivers from our lobbies.

Should start to name and shame dirty drivers on this forum too. Just so we as a clean racing community know who to ban and look out for when we make public servers.

DuckDodgers
20-06-2015, 04:05
Just my thoughts, but a penalty system would only have to check for 2 things as I see it:

1) Which of the cars was traveling fastest on impact?
2) which car was in a lower race position for the 5-10 seconds before impact?

If the answer to both those questions is the same player, they get a penalty (which can vary with the severity of the collision).
So far I can't think of a scenario where this would favor the dirty drivers, but there may be ways round it.

edit: Add in something to prevent people hitting the brakes in front of you to give you a penalty as well.

hkraft300
20-06-2015, 06:27
I've been sideswiped purposefully (he admitted it to me himself) during a pass on a straight where the guy was going significantly slower.
I'd cop the penalty there wouldn't I!
But it's a good simple idea. I like it. Aside from the one scenario which can be avoided with some diligence. I just didn't expect it because the slow guy was leading all race and drove well enough.

321Respawn
20-06-2015, 06:53
I rather like the Helicorsa app and it looks like just the thing for us .
As for it giving assholes a clue as to where you are so they can ram or block your pass they don't need it because they see where you are in mirror and as soon as they see the front of your car edging pass they ram you .
It would go a long way in avoiding accidental hits which usually result in the other guy thinking you did it on purpose and then hunting you down for a revenge ram .
There is no way to apologise quick enough while racing .
It would be great if the host could kick and or ban certain players from the lobby because vote ban does not work well enough .People are busy qualifying while the kick vote is initiated or they have not encountered the problem player so they don't bother voting .
Anyway here is a prime example of someone that regularly causes problems when the race doesn't go his way .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-omJr6GztYE&feature=youtu.be

Built350camaro2
20-06-2015, 07:23
Side mirrors in the hud would be good for me. Save a lot of incidents. I can usually see a bit of one mirror on some cars while using in car views, not enough to keep things clean

You can cycle a mirror into the hud if you go through them.

321Respawn
20-06-2015, 07:31
Rear mirror only which does not help when you have a car or two at the side of your car .

Shaefer
20-06-2015, 09:43
I would really like to have a spotter, like iRacing have. This will clean up some of the carnage. I have trackir 5, and look around me, but sadly not many are aware of what is going on around the car.
I think I have read somewhere here that the spotter is planned. Is this true?

Umer Ahmad
20-06-2015, 10:14
Ian talked about it briefly last month. Not sure how serious it was versus other priorities/problems.

SangNoiir
20-06-2015, 10:27
I think it should to be honest. I've completed around 50 online races so far, usually qualifying on the front row... and I cannot tell you how many times i'll be wiped off the track by some cretin going into the first corner. Lack of experience is one thing, but some people play PrjC like its Burnout.

xautos
20-06-2015, 12:45
A penalty system for crashing would make people 'play nice'. Everyone would be clean drivers if they were smote into the seventh circle every time they rammed.

the problem with the idea is that in order for the penalty to take effect someones race will have to be destroyed by this player.

you cant stop players from acting bad. to me i had the occasional case where players and ais refused to move out the way as they were exiting the pits or when the blue flag is beign waved and i was on my way to turn 1 into qualifying for example, i either get forced off the track and i was more than half a cars length up the side, meaning i have the right to be given racing room. some people just do these things and sometimes at such an aggrovating amount of disrespect i dont have any other choice if i wish to just qualify by braking just before i ram someone at high speed, gaurantees i stay on the track and the other player is out for the counting. a little trick i learned during my f1c 99-02 days for players who fail to give any respect or racing room.

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 12:59
I read the thread title, and my answer is NO.it don't need a ranking system that allows players who play better at not crashing, or dicking over there mates to be awarded with rank. Its not a true representation of the players in a complicated game environment.
At the moment its a simulator, I just hope It turns into a game at some point.

irish racr
20-06-2015, 13:46
The only option that you have if some1 is racing dirty is to either hit them back or leave the lobby and report and block them, hopefully others will do the same so you dont get matched with them in the future .happy crashing sorry racing

NutsMammoth
20-06-2015, 14:27
Tired. Game Over.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:10
Nice video. I just left the game. Play time today: around 25 minutes. Online race at Donington GP (GT3). Few minutes in free practice, 15 minutes of qualification, less than 5 minutes of race.
I was 2nd on the starting grid. Got bumped because the driver behind starts before the green light. Then bumped and rammed at the first corner then bumped again few corners later.
I was upset so I left. I think I'm done for today, what a great gaming experience.

It would be great if the host could kick and or ban certain players from the lobby because vote ban does not work well enough.

How can he do that during a race?
The host cannot kick or ban a player during the race because he's racing too. Kicking or banning a player before a race is possible but not during a race.
I don't think it's possible to have a smart penalty system during a race, it's too complicated and there are too many parameters to manage.
The online reputation is not working and no one knows how it will work (if it works one day).
The problem is not the game so I think maybe there is no hope.

Agreed, we'll add this.

Mods, please add it to my list (I have the vague notion that I've already requested this but I was on come cracking flu meds for 5 days).

PS guys, we can't ban people from lobbies, it's against the sale of good act or something and we could be sued for restricting a person's gameplay.

hkraft300
20-06-2015, 16:09
Agreed, we'll add this.

Mods, please add it to my list (I have the vague notion that I've already requested this but I was on come cracking flu meds for 5 days).

PS guys, we can't ban people from lobbies, it's against the sale of good act or something and we could be sued for restricting a person's gameplay.

Legend level 9900990272825382 :D

Forget the "ban" as long as hosts can kick them or black flag them to the pits for the duration of the race, which then shows up on their existing race stats or something...
Fantastic. Cheers for the heads up mate. Many a time we'll make requests/suggestions to add features that can't be done due to technicalities like you mentioned.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 16:10
I would really like to have a spotter, like iRacing have. This will clean up some of the carnage. I have trackir 5, and look around me, but sadly not many are aware of what is going on around the car.
I think I have read somewhere here that the spotter is planned. Is this true?

We will add it at some point yes.

hkraft300
20-06-2015, 16:19

Never played iracing but maybe in pCars you let us mute the "radio" and just keep the blinkers?
I've seen some iracing gameplay on YouTube and the constant chatter I find real annoying hen I'm trying to concentrate, or communicate with another player in the lobby.
I like and use the HUD - it's not intrusive and the occasional glance at the map, lap time info, etc keeps me well informed.

N0body Of The Goat
20-06-2015, 16:37
It would be great if the host could kick and or ban certain players from the lobby because vote ban does not work well enough.

I think there is a fine line here, because while giving hosts "godlike" options to kick/ban problematic players, giving hosts all that power is also open to abuse.

For example, Joni Varis joins Fred's room, Joni sets a time ~5 seconds quicker than everyone else so far. In Fred's mind, Joni must be cheating and so bans/kick Joni.

Yet those of us that know Joni from development builds, know he is a clean "alien" driver than can make modest drivers like me look very ordinary eg. He can do ~1min43secs at Spa in the Formula A, my best is ~1min47secs.

EHM
20-06-2015, 17:11

YES!!!

321Respawn
21-06-2015, 05:12
Yes it would be impossible to kick or ban another player during a race but it can be done in the lobby after the race .
As for it being abused because a guy happens to be faster yes that may happen but he can always log onto a different lobby .
I doubt that would happen very often anyway as I have yet to see anyone get accused of cheating .

feloney_x
21-06-2015, 05:40
i have noticed that in mp the ones who like to kuss u and call you names over collisions or wrecks are 99% of time the one responsible for the wreck in the first place in a server last nite doing formula1 i got cussed 3 times and all 3 where caused by the guy bitching like he was some how in titled to the space you occupied and you should have moved to let him in this is dumb.for an example i was in or coming out of slalom (s) in the track and you know on you way out you try and get that boomawrang effect ,well going into the first curve he try to pass but could not so in the sec turn he leaves the track or cuts it a bit looses control and spins out rite across the track in front of me and i t-bone him now hes calling me names and bitching like this is my fault ,another example are the people who are a tad faster on the straights but corner not very good you see them fly up on you so you give them a little room to get by and they instantly jump in front of you and hammer the breaks because they have to much speed then piss and mone when you hit them in the rump well you got in front and breakchecked me knowing i would not be able to stop or avoid you again you own fault this happens all nite in 1k diffrent ways and most times it the guy complaing who is to blame

Joni Varis
21-06-2015, 05:50
Yes it would be impossible to kick or ban another player during a race but it can be done in the lobby after the race .
As for it being abused because a guy happens to be faster yes that may happen but he can always log onto a different lobby .
I doubt that would happen very often anyway as I have yet to see anyone get accused of cheating .

Actually allready been accused of cheating quite a few times & even with current ban vote system been voted out atleast twice on publick lobbys. When all i did was manage to get few seconds gap to rest of the pack at practice/qualify. If there would be ban option for host it would likely happen much more.

Its same thing in every racing game tho, so not really big suprise.

Bruusie
21-06-2015, 11:19
As long as the penalty system is optional, then its a good thing to consider implementing. Sometimes people want different things. Having the option to ghost instead of impact could be good. Means any player wanting clean fast laps an get on with it. But optional is the operative word. Sometimes its better to have more realism.

The last TOCA on PC had this implemented really well and was selective...time penalty for hitting opponent - even hard braking testing on the straight could cause a penalty (severity of collision detection could be set). Not completely infallible but made for more aware drivers. Actually, thinking back, a damn good game on a very solid game engine!

USABimmer
21-06-2015, 15:31

Just when I ask my self how can this game get any better I read this Ian you are the man :D

joking_aura
23-06-2015, 12:11
Multiplayer could be improved by adding matchmaking based on behavior. I see this is listed in the vision for pcars 2, but it something I would like to see in pcars current iteration. The less contact you have the more you see other drivers with similar records. Getting hooked up with other clean drivers under the current lobby system is cumbersome at best. If I have a friend that is currently in a public lobby there is no way to find that lobby other than asking for an invite (PS4). The least that could be done is to allow us to lobby up with friends currently online more easily.

joking_aura
23-06-2015, 12:15
It could probably do with one, I think it might help. But it would make sure that it did not penalize people that were just caught up in an accident and did nothing wrong and also people who just made a mistake. After all, it's racing and mistakes happen.

I think to worry about accidental contact is a bit short sighted. Initially the ranking system will be erratic and not very accurate. However, after several races everything should work out. As in any statistical analysis, the more data points you have the more accurate the representation of the data. The cream will eventually rise to the top.

AB_Attack
23-06-2015, 12:58
Finally a clean driver ranking system is desperately needed
It's funny how the thread title is made with a clear discussion value followed by a determined statement that it needs it. :)

A system for such ranking is not really feasible, I think. How would it work? If such system was attempted it would either be too allowing, watering down it's worth, or too punishing. We can put all people accused of something in jail and be sure all offenders are behind bars, but then, so would a bunch of unlucky non-offenders be. So in order to avoid that system, it has to be more lenient, thus allowing for bunch of offenders to pass. Which gives a system of marginal benefit compared to finding a group to race with yourself.

I think to worry about accidental contact is a bit short sighted. Initially the ranking system will be erratic and not very accurate. However, after several races everything should work out. As in any statistical analysis, the more data points you have the more accurate the representation of the data. The cream will eventually rise to the top.
What if people hit me? What if I race with randoms all the time and they hit me in the start every time. Not an unlikely scenario. What about all other racing aspects as swerving and not respecting blue flags or other people's hotlaps in quali?

No collisions for ranking is as useful as one tyre temperature for the whole tyre is for setups.

As for dirty drivers - they will stick around until the next NFS/GT/Forza come about then hopefully take their shit driving elsewhere.
I believe this 100%.

joking_aura
23-06-2015, 13:35
Yes, you will be hit in public lobbies. My point is that over the course of say 30 races the drivers that are more aware of their surroundings and follow typical etiquette will make contact less. The guys that wreck every time in corner one or can't be patient enough to make a clean pass will eventually be identified. Also knowing that contact is being tracked will act as a deterrent. You can come up with many what if scenarios that will be unfair, but statistics are on your side and it will sort itself out with a large enough data set.

joking_aura
23-06-2015, 13:54
It's funny how the thread title is made with a clear discussion value followed by a determined statement that it needs it. :)

A system for such ranking is not really feasible, I think. How would it work? If such system was attempted it would either be too allowing, watering down it's worth, or too punishing. We can put all people accused of something in jail and be sure all offenders are behind bars, but then, so would a bunch of unlucky non-offenders be. So in order to avoid that system, it has to be more lenient, thus allowing for bunch of offenders to pass. Which gives a system of marginal benefit compared to finding a group to race with yourself.

It is quite obvious that a system has always been planned for the game. Go look at the SMS site and review what is written about the online lobbies. Go to the announcement on Pcars 2 and they state that they will implement a system that tracks performance and behavior in an effort to provide a matchmaking system. I run across many people in my daily job that say things can't be done and can provide numerous reasons why. When forced to take a different approach and find a way to make the difficult achievable, there seems to always be a way. I am anxiously waiting to see what SMS comes up with. It may not be perfect at first and most likely never will, but if it is viewed as an iterative process, I think they can find a system that works in most scenarios.

AB_Attack
23-06-2015, 17:03
Ok, maybe it will be possible to have a system for the better. I'm thinking how "much do we need it" once the crashers have moved on. I don't think the wreckers will stick around to crash people for years.

DragonSyr
23-06-2015, 17:19
on one of my last online race , someone ask to ban me. I never touch anyone in the race . Instead, when i saw blue flag I pull on the edge of the track.
There was lag as i understand and i quit from the race.
Now my question is : if there were a ranking system , who would take the penalty. I who seem on someone as rammer/crasher ? in fact I had No contact with anyone.

So before the system ranking, something must be done with lag (ghost cars when lag is a good solution btw...)

hkraft300
23-06-2015, 19:43
Lag? Fix your internet. i don't have a decent connection but I'm regularly racing guys in North America and Europe with no issues.
Just maybe 1 guy Out of 100 who will be a bit laggy, but that's their connection issues not mine.

DragonSyr
24-06-2015, 14:07
i have 50mbit vdsl what i need to fix?

joking_aura
24-06-2015, 17:24
i have 50mbit vdsl what i need to fix?

Latency! your download speed has nothing to do with lag. I only have 6Mb internet and have no issue with lag.

I think that your online reputation should be built over a long period of time so that any anomalous crashes caused by lag or troll does not have a significant impact on your rating.

DragonSyr
25-06-2015, 09:02
and i have not lag problems until this race.... 1 race of 28 that i have until now we speak. for me it is not a problem , but lag exist and is a problem for all.
and you someday will be a victim of lag........ just wait and then we speak again

hkraft300
25-06-2015, 14:32
Yes, I said in my post I do experience lag often.
Try playing battlefield 4 online with my connection during peak usage hours lol

Stocky
25-06-2015, 16:34
Papyrus had a fantastic ranking system back in the early 90's during their Nascar Online beta testing. It was a 0-9 ranking system, and every race you can move up or down in rank depending on that race.
I spent a fortune on phone bills connecting modem to modem from NJ to Boston.