PDA

View Full Version : G-sync experience in Project Cars?

Jubei2011
19-06-2015, 08:21
Hello mates,

I was wondering has anyone of you or the devs any G-sync experience in Project Cars? I am planning to buy a G-sync 144 Hz Monitor in the near future. As you know G-sync works sometimes better in specific games than others. I am using V-sync at the moment get locked 60 fps. I made a test V-sync off all settings on high only cars on ultra settings i get 80-100 fps. I assume with G-sync I could keep those high framerates and get no tearing effect? Any G-sync experience from you would be great :) Thank you!

Cornflex
19-06-2015, 11:24
I use the AOC 144Hz 24'' G-Sync Monitor with pCars and it works very well.
No tearing and perfect picture quality. I use trackIR and even when shaking my head quickly to the left or right I can't see any tearing. After playing several games using G-Sync I would never go back again.

And yes, you keep your high framerates although you won't see any difference between 100fps and 60fps in pCars. It's always smooth even in rainy conditions.

Jubei2011
19-06-2015, 12:32
I use the AOC 144Hz 24'' G-Sync Monitor with pCars and it works very well.
No tearing and perfect picture quality. I use trackIR and even when shaking my head quickly to the left or right I can't see any tearing. After playing several games using G-Sync I would never go back again.

And yes, you keep your high framerates although you won't see any difference between 100fps and 60fps in pCars. It's always smooth even in rainy conditions.

Thank you for the nice insight mate :) Okay then my next buy will be a G-sync monitor. TrackIR is also amazing! Wanted to buy it in the past for my fly sims, but never was quite sure whether this will be supported in the future or not. The question is who needs these Virtual Reality big fat nasty headsets? TrackIR is good enough to look around in the environment and no stress to use like the VR headsets.

could_do_better
19-06-2015, 12:35
Get a Sony PS3 Eye Cam - 60Hz Video and really cheap. Use FaceTrackNoIR - works a treat for me and only cost 8 for the EyeToy, and 2 for the PC drivers.

Jubei2011
19-06-2015, 12:56
Get a Sony PS3 Eye Cam - 60Hz Video and really cheap. Use FaceTrackNoIR - works a treat for me and only cost 8 for the EyeToy, and 2 for the PC drivers.

Is it really working like TrackIR? Sounds to good to be true, but if it works i might think about it thats really no big money. Thanks for the info mate :)