PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.4 hasn't fixed pitstop strategies. They're worse if anything.

sVig
19-06-2015, 12:23
ok, since 1.4 I now have the added issue of my strategies being randomly renamed with characters, for example, "Audi Le Mans" has changed to "*******80@1118" along with all my other saved strategies. So now I have no idea which one is for which because they're bizarrely renamed. Always have create a new one.

Also, when you set the active strategy it never stays the active strategy.

Tire pressures also are wrong. They never reflect what bar I have the car set to and when you try to change the bar setting in the pit strategy it never lets you set the exact same pressure. If I want 1.48 bar for example, it only lets me choose 1.47 or 1.49 bar, never the exact same pressure.

Also, one more thing. Tyre compounds. Say a car only has two tyre choices available such as Slick and Rain. When you're choosing tyre compound in the pit strategy you still given the options of Extreme Wet, Wet, Intermediate, Hard, Medium, Soft etc. this happens with cars that don't even have these tyre choices in the setup.

Do you folks know about these issues? Is there a fix being worked on? Could really use one please. The bizarre renaming of strategies with random characters is especially frustrating.

mcarver2000
19-06-2015, 15:37
This happened pre-1.4 patch....

ok, since 1.4 I now have the added issue of my strategies being randomly renamed with characters, for example, "Audi Le Mans" has changed to "*******80@1118" along with all my other saved strategies. So now I have no idea which one is for which because they're bizarrely renamed. Always have create a new one.

<snip> The bizarre renaming of strategies with random characters is especially frustrating.

sVig
21-06-2015, 10:33
Didn't know that. I never had it happen pre 1.4 though.

ChrisK
21-06-2015, 14:03
Yep, same issue pre 1.4. The best way to avoid it selecting the wrong strategy I found is to delete them all except the one you want to use in the race. A PITA I know but less of a PITA than pitting in a race and getting no fuel and dry tyres when it's wet and you need a refuel.

HtHNightwolf
21-06-2015, 14:12
I have something else to add.
The patch notes say "The pit stop will wait till I press Close, it will therefore give me time to adjust the stop's details." (eg Fuel levels or change tires) and only THEN starts
Great! I wanted that! BUT:
Whatever you save AFTER you stand still in the box will not be done. So it is TOTALLY POINTLESS to have more time, because I DON'T HAVE more time after all. It only is more confusing because I do not know which changes are done. If I could at least SEE the guy in front of the car holding his stop sign but the whole thing is still missing.

DEAR DEVELOPERS, SELL SUCH A GAME AS EARLY ACCESS PRE ALPHA - FINE! But not as a FINISHED GAME!!!

mpadula
22-06-2015, 13:06
I was doing the European endurance series over the weekend. 6 hours at Monza, Mclaren 12c. 1.90 bar on all 4 tires, double stinting soft compound with a full fuel load. At the first tire change 2 hours in I lowered pressures as holding temperature was increasingly difficult as the sun set. 1.81 fronts, 1.79 rears. Temps are steady <180 at all four corners. 2 hours later at my second and final tire change: no pressure changes, fuel and new tires. BAM.

rear temps are now 300. fronts are unaffected. rear brakes are also overheating.
my wing settings are apparently gone (rev limiter on front straight - up until then only possible when drafting)
race engineer is now 100% silent

I pitted lap after lap (6? 8? times) trying to fix it with no success. I can tell at pit exit the rear is squirming.

There is no option at this (edit:point) but to quit the race.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 13:09
There's a lot of work done here in the next patch guys.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 13:17
There's a lot of work done here in the next patch guys.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32450-Pitstop-overhaul-for-faster-and-more-efficient-pitting

Slicker_VR
22-06-2015, 13:18
Yep, same issue pre 1.4. The best way to avoid it selecting the wrong strategy I found is to delete them all except the one you want to use in the race. A PITA I know but less of a PITA than pitting in a race and getting no fuel and dry tyres when it's wet and you need a refuel.
totally agree - this is the best work-around for this problem