PDA

View Full Version : v.1.4 Timing issue [qualifying 1st, starting race last)

Brent G
19-06-2015, 12:51
Just spent 30 mins. Qualifying at Oulton Park in my Merc 190E Cosworth DTM, I managed 3rd which gives me a fighting chance I thought. So to race I go and low and behold I'm at the back of the grid! This is the second time this has happened, both at the same track except the 1st time I was driving the Group 4 M1. This never, I repeat never happened pre v.1.4. I Dont think Im alone in this as I'm sure I read someone else had the same issue at Donnington Park. Is anyone else experiancing this, is it now gonna be a waste of time qualifying? Im lucky in the respect that I've not had the game killing bugs that others have had to deal with from day one. Recently though it seems that issues are creeping in on me with each patch. Im not saying they're game breakers but they certainly are really annoying. As well as the dodgy timing issue my HUD setting is still not saving and on occasion my qualifying set up is reset when starting main race. If it matters these issues are happening in 'race weekends', cant say if they're happening in career as I daren't continue it untill I know that issues pertaining to career mode are fixed. Im not gonna lie I still love the game (at least now some of the excellent forum members have kindly helped me) but issues like the timing problem I describe above are seriously a detriment to the immersion level of project Cars which for me is one of the titles biggest attractions. I Just hope these things will get sorted sooner rather than later as it seems things for me at least, are going backwards. EDIT; Apologies, should have perhaps posted this in 'post 1.4 patch issues'

tdurbo
20-06-2015, 02:06
Did you view the replay of your qualifying by any chance? It gives me the AI driver laps won't count message and plonks me at the back of the grid. I'm on PC at the minute, on 1.4, this happens for me every time. Race weekends for me too, at Imola. Try saving the replay instead of viewing it? But I like viewing my replay especially if I've had a good qualifying.

Dynomight Motorsports
20-06-2015, 02:08
That has happened to me before the 1.4 patch was released. I thought it was a one time glitch because I didn't run any laps during the warm up, or maybe being penalized for contact with another car. But it happened to me last week when practicing at Oulton Park International playing with AI.

Brent G
20-06-2015, 12:53
Yeah I often watch my replay and smoke a cig before race start. It hadn't happened to me prior to v1.4 which is why I thought it may have been something new. It hasnt happened today as yet so god knows what the cause is.

Brent G
20-06-2015, 13:50
Did you view the replay of your qualifying by any chance? It gives me the AI driver laps won't count message and plonks me at the back of the grid. I'm on PC at the minute, on 1.4, this happens for me every time. Race weekends for me too, at Imola. Try saving the replay instead of viewing it? But I like viewing my replay especially if I've had a good qualifying.

Ok just qualified 1st at Oulton Park, saved replay and voila! 1st on the grid. Good tip mate, thanks.