PDA

View Full Version : The least you could do is answer my question before closing my thread...

joking_aura
19-06-2015, 13:16
Sort of proves my secondary point that certain questions or threads are getting ignored. Would have been nice if you could at least have answered the question. I guess I expect too much. Good day, Ian.

Umer Ahmad
19-06-2015, 13:19
Nothing is being ignored, do you want to meet me in Muenster and we can discuss over coffee? Everyone is super-busy and responses will take time in some cases especially if the response is unformulated.

joking_aura
19-06-2015, 13:22
Hey, I would love to meet fellow drivers too bad you play on PC. Sort of honked off that Ian just closed the thread without a response. If he actually read my thread he would have known the title was tongue in cheek. Go Blackhawks BTW!!

Ian Bell
19-06-2015, 13:23
Your thread was closed because the title was 'SMS don't listen to legitimate issues'.

It's simply not true and gives us very little incentive to engage with you.

I'm responding to you here from my bed as I have flu. We couldn't make more effort to 'listen'.

KK78
19-06-2015, 13:25
Your thread was closed because the title was 'SMS don't listen to legitimate issues'.

It's simply not true and gives us very little incentive to engage with you.

I'm responding to you here from my bed as I have flu. We couldn't make more effort to 'listen'.

Ahh the old Friday flu, i know it well ;)

But seriously get well soon :)

joking_aura
19-06-2015, 13:25
Hope you feel better. Really the title was meant to grab you attention. I would appreciate a response to my concern at some point. I guess I achieve what I wanted and grabbed your attention. Now get some sleep and get well! I got to get back to work myself.

Umer Ahmad
19-06-2015, 13:26
Wish i had the fly today, beautiful outside and i didnt get to race last night

KK78
19-06-2015, 13:27
Wish i had the fly today, beautiful outside and i didnt get to race last night

Yeah I'm 'off ill' and it seems the only thing I can do is play PCars and get my 4th LMP1 championship win.

Doctor told me it would be good medicine :cool:

MysterG
19-06-2015, 13:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APyl6Cnbfzw

danowat
19-06-2015, 13:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APyl6Cnbfzw

I remember buying a computer magazine, way back in the 80's, that had a Thompson Twins flexi-disc on it, I am sure I remember it had a song on one side, and a game on the other?, but my mind isn't as good as it used to be!

Edit : Yes, I did remember right!!!

http://www.discogs.com/Thompson-Twins-Adventure-Game-For-The-Spectrum/release/5756539

DozUK
19-06-2015, 13:52
I remember buying a computer magazine, way back in the 80's, that had a Thompson Twins flexi-disc on it, I am sure I remember it had a song on one side, and a game on the other?, but my mind isn't as good as it used to be!

Edit : Yes, I did remember right!!!

http://www.discogs.com/Thompson-Twins-Adventure-Game-For-The-Spectrum/release/5756539

Ohh, wow. That sparked a flashback. It was computer and video games, I had the same issue. Can't actually recall getting the thing to work in my spectrum though. It was an adventure game if I remember rightly

Flexi disc to Spectrum...Hmmm, the epitome of analogue to digital. Good luck with that one

danowat
19-06-2015, 13:57
Ohh, wow. That sparked a flashback. It was computer and video games, I had the same issue. Can't actually recall getting the thing to work in my spectrum though. It was an adventure game if I remember rightly

Flexi disc to Spectrum...Hmmm, the epitome of analogue to digital. Good luck with that one

Yup, spot on, I can't remember getting it to run either, sure I tried, certainly remember connecting up a turntable to the Spectrum! :cool:

DozUK
19-06-2015, 14:05
Ha, the irony. You sum up the time spent trying to get something like a game on a flexi disc into the spectrum (Which would have been a lot as we were a determined bunch in those days) alongside all the time spent trying to get tapes loaded which included several superstitious ways of getting them to work (Tilting the tape player, one lead in...one lead out, holding one of the leads in one hand while not breathing too heavily in case you nudge the cable etc) and in this day an age we don't give issues like these a minute to get resolved.

I think the 80's taught us patience if nothing else (Oh and good music, present subject matter not included ha)

Hengist
19-06-2015, 14:39
Talk about heavy breathing, anyone here remember the Specky's predecessor, the ZX81 with it's optional extra, the 16K RAM pack? If a car drove past outside or you even looked at it in the wrong way, it could get upset. Then there were those magazines with three pages of Sinclair BASIC to type in, which most of the time didn't work. I spotted my old Specky in a plastic shopping bag under the bed the other day. There's also a ZX80 somewhere in the house. I can't remember where the ZX81 ended up, lol. Ahh, those 'happy' days of home microcomputing. :)

FalkeGT
19-06-2015, 15:00
...Then there were those magazines with three pages of Sinclair BASIC to type in, which most of the time didn't work...

Memories fade a little over time, but 'r you sure you verified every line by it's checksum which was given if I rem that right? ;-)

cheers falkeGT

DozUK
19-06-2015, 15:08
I remember sinking hours (Years!) into Football Manager on my Spectrum. No matter what team you went, you had the same 11 players and same 2 subs. The game was a dodgy 3d style highlight with a random outcome, all other results were random scores too. The game had zero tactics, yet you still sunk hours into it and actually believed that you were managing this team and the wins were down to you. Ha, brilliant. Good old Kevin Toms.

Today, we whinge about tyre compounds not being bang on hehe

Luke Townsend
19-06-2015, 15:09
Talk about heavy breathing, anyone here remember the Specky's predecessor, the ZX81 with it's optional extra, the 16K RAM pack? If a car drove past outside or you even looked at it in the wrong way, it could get upset. Then there were those magazines with three pages of Sinclair BASIC to type in, which most of the time didn't work. I spotted my old Specky in a plastic shopping bag under the bed the other day. There's also a ZX80 somewhere in the house. I can't remember where the ZX81 ended up, lol. Ahh, those 'happy' days of home microcomputing. :)

Oh yes, I remember the ZX81 well! My first computer! Happy days, definitely! :) And also the reason for my Steam ID: Wobblie Rampack :) Anyone up for fair-racing add me btw. Your ZX80 could be worth a bit maybe. Can't be many of those around still.

Hengist
19-06-2015, 18:43
Memories fade a little over time, but 'r you sure you verified every line by it's checksum which was given if I rem that right? ;-)

cheers falkeGT

A checksum was of no use when the print was missing from the ends of various lines of code in the magazine. :)

Oh yes, I remember the ZX81 well! My first computer! Happy days, definitely! :) And also the reason for my Steam ID: Wobblie Rampack :) Anyone up for fair-racing add me btw. Your ZX80 could be worth a bit maybe. Can't be many of those around still.

Cool ID mate. Lol, do you remember using machine code on it? Also, peeking and poking the memory locations in an attempt to squeeze some speed out of the 'beast'? It's quite funny when you look back at then compared to now.

mcarver2000
19-06-2015, 19:18
I had more trouble with the RAM pack overheating (used a blue gel freezer pack -- un-frozen as a heat sink). Big FAT rubber band helped the wobblies.

Hengist
19-06-2015, 19:41
I remember, at the time, getting the 16Kb RAM pack and thinking how on earth I was ever going to use all that available memory. That old 1Kb of memory certainly created some efficient programmers back then, some of whom are still around today. :)

I had more trouble with the RAM pack overheating (used a blue gel freezer pack -- un-frozen as a heat sink). Big FAT rubber band helped the wobblies.

Yep overheating was a problem, especially with that thermal printer and it's silver foil style paper.

Luke Townsend
19-06-2015, 21:18
A checksum was of no use when the print was missing from the ends of various lines of code in the magazine. :)

Cool ID mate. Lol, do you remember using machine code on it? Also, peeking and poking the memory locations in an attempt to squeeze some speed out of the 'beast'? It's quite funny when you look back at then compared to now.

Haha, cheers! Oh yes peeking and poking!! Amazing what could be done in 1kB. Kids today with GBs! Don't know they're born lol! :D

Luke Townsend
19-06-2015, 21:20
I remember, at the time, getting the 16Kb RAM pack and thinking how on earth I was ever going to use all that available memory. That old 1Kb of memory certainly created some efficient programmers back then, some of whom are still around today. :)

Yep overheating was a problem, especially with that thermal printer and it's silver foil style paper.

Lol!!! Got to say that printer smelt lovely after a long printout! :)

UMadBro
11-07-2015, 10:32
Closing a thread is pointless because it may have not been answered, especially discussions, like the NX or Wii U. I guess you can't handle the POWARR! Just saiyan.

Ian Bell
11-07-2015, 10:34
Closing a thread is pointless because it may have not been answered, especially discussions, like the NX or Wii U. I guess you can't handle the POWARR! Just saiyan.

So you bump a three week old thread to abuse the mods for no particular reason?

Really odd.

OppaErich
11-07-2015, 10:41
Ah well, I would have missed it otherwise. Brought back some fuzzy warm memories of the Sinclair days. :cool:

UMadBro
11-07-2015, 13:00
So you bump a three week old thread to abuse the mods for no particular reason?

Really odd.

Nope. Wasn't really my intention, also Ian, you respond to nearly every one of my comments first? As for abusing the mods... How the heck do you abuse a mod when it's the internet? This is a forum I know, but you should remember I also gave a reference! Have you forgotten the NES days?
https://darkstarzero.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/nintendo-power-logo.jpg

May have been odd but I did forget to mention it was a joke. *Shot at*

EDIT: I also forgot that sometimes you could actually link a thread to something that's been answered! Genius!

Ian Bell
11-07-2015, 13:25
Nope. Wasn't really my intention, also Ian, you respond to nearly every one of my comments first? As for abusing the mods... How the heck do you abuse a mod when it's the internet? This is a forum I know, but you should remember I also gave a reference! Have you forgotten the NES days?
https://darkstarzero.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/nintendo-power-logo.jpg

May have been odd but I did forget to mention it was a joke. *Shot at*

EDIT: I also forgot that sometimes you could actually link a thread to something that's been answered! Genius!

Apologies, I read it as the mods being drunk with power :)

UMadBro
11-07-2015, 13:51
Apologies, I read it as the mods being drunk with power :)

I knew quite a few back in my younger years. Yeah that's right, Ian, beg for forgiveness! /jk

I'M SORRY I C-CAN'T HELP IT!

Ian Bell
11-07-2015, 13:53
I knew quite a few back in my younger years. Yeah that's right, Ian, beg for forgiveness! /jk

I'M SORRY I C-CAN'T HELP IT!

Watch it!

UMadBro
16-07-2015, 14:13
Watch it!

I'm sorry Chewie... Also, somebody's called me an idiot.