PDA

View Full Version : Can KERS be used automatically?

Jweaver
19-06-2015, 14:33
I have been wondering for ages what the black line does on the bottom the gauge and finally realised it was KERS.

Initially I didn't have KERS mapped to a button and am sure I saw this line shrink and grow as I drove/braked, so I wonder if this means that its being used automatically.

I have now assigned it to a button and when I press it, I see the black line getting smaller (and when braking I see it grow), but have to be honest, I don't really see much increase in performance...

Does this mean that if you havn't mapped a button, KERS is used "automatically"? Or do you have to map it and press the button to use it?

Jon

Pink_650S
19-06-2015, 14:35
The Marek LMP1 uses it automatically and it does increase the performance :p

Pamellaaa
19-06-2015, 14:38
I have been wondering for ages what the black line does on the bottom the gauge and finally realised it was KERS.

Initially I didn't have KERS mapped to a button and am sure I saw this line shrink and grow as I drove/braked, so I wonder if this means that its being used automatically.

I have now assigned it to a button and when I press it, I see the black line getting smaller (and when braking I see it grow), but have to be honest, I don't really see much increase in performance...

Does this mean that if you havn't mapped a button, KERS is used "automatically"? Or do you have to map it and press the button to use it?

Jon

My understanding is that it will work as it does in the real life cars, some LMP1s use it based on throttle position and need no input from the driver. Formula A will be based on Formula 1 so it will be push for power, nothing should happen if you don't push and it should refresh at the end of each lap. In the Caterham SP300R it is a push to pass system, you get 10 'shots' throughout the race, it doesn't recharge at all and only requires a single press for approx 7 seconds of boosted power.

ImStylinOnYaBro
19-06-2015, 17:40
so the lmp1 cars have ahybrid system irl, right? so it isn't necessarily kers? however, at a certain rev range when the hybrid system kicks in extra power, that is how its depicted in the game as being kers?

BDR Daz
19-06-2015, 17:43
so the lmp1 cars have ahybrid system irl, right? so it isn't necessarily kers? however, at a certain rev range when the hybrid system kicks in extra power, that is how its depicted in the game as being kers?

Indeed it does (For the Marek)

TheReaper GT
19-06-2015, 17:48

In the game is called KRS a kinectic recovery system. KERS is one of the many names for such a system, in this case a Magneti Marelli trademark

ImStylinOnYaBro
19-06-2015, 17:52
RWD p30 also uses the system along w/ the Marek :) glad i read in this forum and reminds myself they have that hybrid system and saw its just called kers in game cuz i thought it was bugged since it auto-deployed xD