PDA

View Full Version : Mad cats pro racing wheel issue

Akamag
19-06-2015, 15:45
Hi
Does anyone have a decent FFB setup for this wheel post patch 1.4
I have read post on here and have still yet been unable to find a satisfactory setup

The issues I'm having is if I race say an F1 car on Monaco and I hit a barrier my cheek turns into a brick and violently shakes from side to side
Something definitely not right. I have reduced the main FFB to 60 but this does not fix the issue the movement on the wheel is as I mentioned quite violent and worry I will break the wheel

Just to confirm I have re calibrated since the patch and reduced the overall FFB to 60

Any help eradication this issue would be great
Thanks

Siberian Tiger
19-06-2015, 15:48
Do not Reduce the FFB try to reduce the Tireforce Parameter instead....

Reducing FFB does only reduce the Maximum Dynamic ;)

FAHound
19-06-2015, 17:19
Hi
Does anyone have a decent FFB setup for this wheel post patch 1.4
I have read post on here and have still yet been unable to find a satisfactory setup

The issues I'm having is if I race say an F1 car on Monaco and I hit a barrier my cheek turns into a brick and violently shakes from side to side
Something definitely not right. I have reduced the main FFB to 60 but this does not fix the issue the movement on the wheel is as I mentioned quite violent and worry I will break the wheel

Just to confirm I have re calibrated since the patch and reduced the overall FFB to 60

Any help eradication this issue would be great
Thanks

I have a Mad Catz Wheel and the same problem. I know of no fix and there doesn't appear to be anything that we can do our end to alleviate it. It's a known issue and SMS are aware of it. It's better than it was before the update but we'll have to wait for future updates for a proper fix.

airakith
19-06-2015, 18:17
I have the same wheel try this fix at the top off the xbox 1 threads. Universal FFB Settings for XB1/PS4 Spreadsheet.... Let me know how that works it will take a little time to set up all the cars. So pick your favorite car go to garage and edit setup and test drive it. I hope this helps it is well worth the time and effort...reset your wheel you can find this when you calibrate your wheel 3. Set 'Relative Adjust Gain' to '1.10', 'Relative Adjust Bleed' to '0.10' and 'Relative Adjust Clamp' to '0.95' 4. Set 'Body Scale' and 'Body Longitudinal Scale' to 0.01
5. Set 'Scoop Knee' to '0.70' and 'Scoop Reduction' to '0.15

Projectmanager
20-06-2015, 20:30
I have similar problems,but the weirdest thing I find is,I only get a once a week chance to go on my race car sim I've got in my garage,I know for a fact it's different every time I turn it all on,can't explain it,but I literally have to tweak it again and again every weekend to get it just right for me again,but I have FFB on 100% because I Love the strong handling effect,but when set up to my taste it's fantastic,never known a game like it,

parthiv10
06-07-2015, 19:46
I have a similar issue with my Mad Catz. If I leave the steering wheel on a straight, for example, it starts turning left to right to left to right uncontrollably. I am basically fighting the wheel to stay straight. Even on the menu screen, if I move the wheel slightly to the left or right, and leave it, it comes back to centre but does a sort of vibraty pendulum movement and I then have to stop the shaking with my hand.

Any fix?

FAHound
06-07-2015, 21:37
I have a similar issue with my Mad Catz. If I leave the steering wheel on a straight, for example, it starts turning left to right to left to right uncontrollably. I am basically fighting the wheel to stay straight. Even on the menu screen, if I move the wheel slightly to the left or right, and leave it, it comes back to centre but does a sort of vibraty pendulum movement and I then have to stop the shaking with my hand.

Any fix?

You could try ffb at 100 and tyre force at around 60. It sounds like you have the ffb set too high.

parthiv10
08-07-2015, 17:56
You could try ffb at 100 and tyre force at around 60. It sounds like you have the ffb set too high.

Buddy my wheel shakes like its on an infinite spring even in the menus. If I turn it a bit and let go, it goes to centre and then keeps oscillating.

In game, if I let go of the wheel it goes on its infinite spring but then magnifies within seconds. I'm constantly having to use muscle to keep the car straight.

Please help guys.

crunchy1X
08-07-2015, 18:01
Check out this link: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32212-XB1-Thrustmaster-TX-Discussion&p=1011330&viewfull=1#post1011330

I don't know that it will solve your problems - but I do know that an incorrectly calibrated wheel caused all kinds of weird issues for me. Good luck!

parthiv10
08-07-2015, 18:03
Check out this link: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32212-XB1-Thrustmaster-TX-Discussion&p=1011330&viewfull=1#post1011330

I don't know that it will solve your problems - but I do know that an incorrectly calibrated wheel caused all kinds of weird issues for me. Good luck!

THANK YOU EVERYONE! you really helped me out. no more issues

beetes_juice
06-08-2015, 20:40
Have you tried crunchys post on the previous page?