PDA

View Full Version : Steam -40% on steam :o

bosiwow
19-06-2015, 17:12
I knew it was worth the wait.Project cars -40% on steam (daily deal :o )

RowJimmyRow
19-06-2015, 17:20
I knew it was worth the wait.Project cars -40% on steam (daily deal :o )

I'll be honest, 40% off only a matter of weeks after release makes me feel like a chump for paying full price. Is this normal for video games? pCars is the first game I have purchased in a LONG time, and probably the only one which I purchased so close to launch.

D4rkst3EL
19-06-2015, 17:22
Thank you for the discount, will definitely bring more to the fold (clean drivers hopefully)

Have you thought of bundling dlcs together in the future for a discount?

edit: Just saw the other thread, you can merge

Umer Ahmad
19-06-2015, 17:22
I dont think it's supposed to be on sale right now, exactly for the reason above.

Edit: it is a legitimate sale

D4rkst3EL
19-06-2015, 17:24
I'll be honest, 40% off only a matter of weeks after release makes me feel like a chump for paying full price. Is this normal for video games? pCars is the first game I have purchased in a LONG time, and probably the only one which I purchased so close to launch.

I am on steam long enough to know such things happen all the time actually. Not a surprise to me. Steam says that such discounts even so early actually are more profitable for the companies, their words.

Gavin Thomas
19-06-2015, 17:24

Not much escapes the Steam summer sale :D
So to answer your question, yes it's really the norm.

But if it makes you feel any better you'll be lucky to find it discounted at 40% with any normal retailer right now.

o0kami
19-06-2015, 17:39
I understand that it's a new norm in the world of steam. But at long term, these kind of actions will be contraproducent in the videogames industry.

We're talking about a videogame that went out 1 month an 13 days before, and it shows the 40% of discount now. Can anyone tell me how do you explain that to the milion of people that bought the game 1 month before? A lot of people, for the next round of sales and new games, maybe they will wait if they want the game, but they can wait a bit. "Oh, the sales on steam in 1 month, I'm going to wait" = Less sales on the launch. And the people get use to so fast, don't be wrong.

So, happy for the new people that it's going to buy the game cheaper, and disapointed with the fast devaluation of a game nowadays.

FoxMulder
19-06-2015, 17:46
GODDAMMIT

Patrik Marek
19-06-2015, 17:50
pretty normal on steam , AC corsa with DLC1 pack was cheaper then what I payed for early access ( which was already 25% off the retail price or so ) , that's life on steam unfortunatelly

it's up to everyone how much money he is willing to pay for it and how long is he ok with waiting

if you have to have it right now ( when released) you have to pay more - sometimes

funknerraw
19-06-2015, 17:51
The way I look at it is I have already got over 100+ hours of entertainment out of Project CARS already in the month and a bit the game has been out. Was the extra $20 I paid worth over 100 hours of entertainment? It works out to less than 20 cents an hour, and considering a 2hr movie with popcorn could run $20 or more, I think I got plenty of value for the extra $20 over the last month.

TrevorAustin
19-06-2015, 17:51
I wouldn't have waited a week to get it cheaper.

I'm starting to wonder about everybody moaning about the cost of this game or any game in fact.

What do you do with the rest if your lives!

It costs:
30+ to go to the cinema with your partner and get a coke and popcorn- 2 hours entertainment
50+ to take your partner to zizzi for a single 2 course meal and drink - 2 hours entertainment
70 A MONTH plus for sky, maybe 2-3 hours a day
100 plus for a night out with or without your partner at your nearest town plus a taxi home

And your're so upset about 35-50 on an amazing game, which can be enjoyed for hours every day with a minimum lifespan of 6 months plus, which is only going to get better, and has taken years to develop.

Are you really all that tight?

Won't be seeing you rushing to get the first round in at the pub then will we:)

lacslyer
19-06-2015, 17:55
Not much escapes the Steam summer sale :D
So to answer your question, yes it's really the norm.

But if it makes you feel any better you'll be lucky to find it discounted at 40% with any normal retailer right now.

While it is quite typical of new releases getting discounts during the Steam sales, 40% is a ridiculous discount for a game that's been out just over a month. So no, it's not really the norm at all. The only games that get a significant discount during the sale so closely after release are indie games.

D4rkst3EL
19-06-2015, 18:00
I understand that it's a new norm in the world of steam. But at long term, these kind of actions will be contraproducent in the videogames industry.

We're talking about a videogame that went out 1 month an 13 days before, and it shows the 40% of discount now. Can anyone tell me how do you explain that to the milion of people that bought the game 1 month before? A lot of people, for the next round of sales and new games, maybe they will wait if they want the game, but they can wait a bit. "Oh, the sales on steam in 1 month, I'm going to wait" = Less sales on the launch. And the people get use to so fast, don't be wrong.

It's logical to think that. But the truth may be different. The guys on steam that are responsible for such tactics do not do it so we consumers can have cheaper games. They do it for profits and their numbers show them this is the way.

Bealdor
19-06-2015, 19:10
Threads merged.

marcdxn
19-06-2015, 19:30
I don't see this being so bad, Argos sold for 29.99 and i got mine on Amazon pre-order for 24.99 and with that i got the box, discs and a card with a steam key.
Originally i was going to buy on steam then i heard amazon was doing it very cheap for a new title.

with the hours i have put in now and the fun i've had i'd still be happy if i had paid 40 though

Nestoche
19-06-2015, 19:50
Well, it's not the norm for STEAM to discount this so heavy. Look at GTAV, that title is still at normal price @$59.99 during the summer sale. Not even a 10%-20% discount. So some titles are excluded.

Invincible
19-06-2015, 19:54
Not yet maybe. Even Pcars sale is limited to 12 hours. And we still might see GTA V on discount, since the sale isn't over yet.

could_do_better
19-06-2015, 20:23
Remember Bandai Namco control this SMS have no say (or very little) in price changes

Nestoche
19-06-2015, 20:25
True, the sale is still ongoing. Oh well, great price on PCars for $29.99!. I paid/pre-ordered for $40.00 at one of those CD Keys sites before the game was release but I also got the Limited Ed. Cars and Modified Cars. Well worth it to me. Love the game!

It is all good, now more people will buy and help SMS continue development and they can also come to the forms and meet the Wookie!!..lol JK Ian!, Love your game even with the issues which I know you will take care of.

peace

Not yet maybe. Even Pcars sale is limited to 12 hours. And we still might see GTA V on discount, since the sale isn't over yet.

3800racingfool
19-06-2015, 20:35
I'm actually kinda happy it's on sale. I don't regret paying 50 bucks for it at all and now it might enable me to kick a few people in the rear and get them to buy it after watching them put it off by making excuses about wanting to get it on sale.

That said, it's Steam, if you've used it with any regularity you'll know that the summer sale is typically in June and the holiday sale is in December. If you're looking to buy a game and it comes out close to either of those months, and if you would prefer to save money over playing it early, just wait till the sale.

And we still might see GTA V on discount, since the sale isn't over yet.

Possibly but I'm not holding my breath at this point. Only thing I could see is it being a "last day" flash sale and the discount probably won't be that big.

LemonVTS
19-06-2015, 20:55
imo a pretty hefty discount for a game this new, hopefully it brings more clean racers to the track. :rolleyes:

Gavin Thomas
19-06-2015, 21:03
pretty normal on steam , AC corsa with DLC1 pack was cheaper then what I payed for early access ( which was already 25% off the retail price or so ) , that's life on steam unfortunatelly

it's up to everyone how much money he is willing to pay for it and how long is he ok with waiting

if you have to have it right now ( when released) you have to pay more - sometimes

Yes, yes it was and I purchased it this time round. Wasn't a game I was tempted by until that price came round, question is when will I actually install it now?

Patrik Marek
19-06-2015, 21:28
Yes, yes it was and I purchased it this time round. Wasn't a game I was tempted by until that price came round, question is when will I actually install it now?

you should definitely give it a shot, it does have some very nice car in it, tracks also look great - although they are bid empty/dead. greatest thing about AC is moddability, so you can get content that would be hard to get officially licensed - such as Porsche cars as an example.

some people like the handling/physics more then pC, some less. It also does depend on your wheel. on CSW2 pCars should feel better - imo (that's how I feel anyway)

in the terms of fun/racing though, It doesn't come close to pCARS. yes pcars might have more bugs ( because it has way more features, way more content) but when things are right - such as GT3/GT4 races or even Clio cup, pcars is just amazing. races in AC are somewhat lacking, both in the terms of AI that doesn't race with you ( they don't even overtake when you drive really slow) , and it also doens't feel like proper race weekend etc.

but for the moeny it was offered, it's way worth it, since you get nice handling cars and laserscanned Nordschleife

Luke Townsend
19-06-2015, 21:35

GTA V is on 25% discount in the UK on Steam and has been for a few days. Then again it costs a lot more here than in US - 38.98 GBP (USD$62) in the UK even in the sale!

OnyxD
19-06-2015, 21:38
Wicked! I hope loads more people buy it :) More people more fun. *hic*

nokido
19-06-2015, 21:47
Hi, I'm trying to buy but steam always says is something wrong with the transaction, I've tried to remove my cupon but it still says something wrog, try later... tried with different credit cards and paypal... no success! :(

EDIT: Done!

Gavin Thomas
19-06-2015, 21:53
you should definitely give it a shot, it does have some very nice car in it, tracks also look great - although they are bid empty/dead. greatest thing about AC is moddability, so you can get content that would be hard to get officially licensed - such as Porsche cars as an example.

some people like the handling/physics more then pC, some less. It also does depend on your wheel. on CSW2 pCars should feel better - imo (that's how I feel anyway)

in the terms of fun/racing though, It doesn't come close to pCARS. yes pcars might have more bugs ( because it has way more features, way more content) but when things are right - such as GT3/GT4 races or even Clio cup, pcars is just amazing. races in AC are somewhat lacking, both in the terms of AI that doesn't race with you ( they don't even overtake when you drive really slow) , and it also doens't feel like proper race weekend etc.

but for the moeny it was offered, it's way worth it, since you get nice handling cars and laserscanned Nordschleife

I'll probably take a look at it over the weekend at some point.

From what I've seen of it via YouTube etc it doesn't seem like it's going to grab me like Project CARS has, but who knows maybe I'll love it. All I know is for the less than 20 I couldn't say no to it and the first DLC with a free one coming up as well it had to be worth a try.

Bkim
19-06-2015, 22:59
Although i like the game, i really feel like a dumb-ass right now that again i bought a game right after release. But any-ways, i hope SMS will counter the current game issues instead of releasing more DLC, but that is purely a personal preference.

dustyjo
20-06-2015, 02:47

Flash sales are 24 hours.

Morgan Henstridge
20-06-2015, 03:38
The flash sale has moved it up to #4 on the top sellers section :)

Cheesenium
20-06-2015, 04:44
Well, it's not the norm for STEAM to discount this so heavy. Look at GTAV, that title is still at normal price @$59.99 during the summer sale. Not even a 10%-20% discount. So some titles are excluded.

GTAV is already on sale.

Instead of giving you a discount, they added some microtrasactions cash and games into the package with the same price tag. GTAV was $60 full price while for this sale, they added microtrasactions and "free" games to package with the price retains at $60.

In short, GTAV is already on sale with no price drop but with added content to it for this sale.

I dont think it is a bad game, it is generally pretty fun for me, especially the slower road cars like E30 or the Fiat 500. The environment is a bit sterile, the game is a bit buggy and the AI is a bit iffy but i find the game complements well to pCARS. Both games has it's own unique content along with different interpretation of racing which makes things interesting to me. At least for me, I tend to jump between pCARS, AC and R3E.

Do give Patrick Marek's mod a try, his car is probably one of my favourite cars in the game. Sadly, it is largely a single class at the moment.

Mulder89
21-06-2015, 09:51
Buying games on steam is usually a rip off, except when its at least on 50% sale. Save your money and buy from allkeyshop. Its fast and safe.