PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Temp Tuning Question

Yossarian
19-06-2015, 18:02
I have set cars up before in games but I like the auto-setup feature of PC. I have a question about tyre temps, If my indicator shows one of my front tyres getting to hot after only a lap or 2, what should I adjust to stop it over heating ?

Also I struggle to get heat into the Renault Lotus 98T's front tyres when using a light fuel load. What can I do to them to ensure they are at a good temp to start my fast laps in qualy ? With low fuel and circuits with long straights and slow corners, sometime I never get the front tyres up to temp.

ROTTEN
19-06-2015, 18:14
I have set cars up before in games but I like the auto-setup feature of PC. I have a question about tyre temps, If my indicator shows one of my front tyres getting to hot after only a lap or 2, what should I adjust to stop it over heating ?

Also I struggle to get heat into the Renault Lotus 98T's front tyres when using a light fuel load. What can I do to them to ensure they are at a good temp to start my fast laps in qualy ? With low fuel and circuits with long straights and slow corners, sometime I never get the front tyres up to temp.

Increase tire pressure in small increments to drop temps. Decrease in small increments to increase temps.

Yossarian
19-06-2015, 18:22
Cheers fella

mcarver2000
19-06-2015, 19:22
Also reducing the front sway-bar can help balance out the temps across the Fronts. Depending on the car and the track, softening the springs a tad on the side that is overheating can also help.

Yossarian
19-06-2015, 20:32
Thank you both for the replies, I'll have a go with the sway bars to see what they do. The pressure tip worked for me on the auto dry weather setup for the F3 car at Brno.

Nice one guys.