PDA

View Full Version : How many people did not buy DLC and why?

Andrew_WOT
19-06-2015, 18:23
I skipped one myself waiting for critical issues fixed first and perhaps a discounted bundle later on.
Mostly because of the former.
What is your story?

TrevorAustin
19-06-2015, 18:25
I didn't, but only because i detest all Bentleys and not bothered about the others, only really explored a handful of what we've already got.

Now stick a TR8 im the dlc and i'll be there:)

CRobby22
19-06-2015, 18:25
I skipped one myself waiting for critical issues fixed first and perhaps a discounted bundle later on.
What is your story?

Im just not a big DLC guy. Im having a ton of fun with this game and if I see something they add I really want I will get it, but there is nothing wrong with what is there now.

Hengist
19-06-2015, 18:30
I didn't as none of the cars appealed to me. However, if a BTCC style Touring car pack is released then I'll definitely be buying it.

Baron_Greenback
19-06-2015, 18:42
As others have said, none of the included cars were to my taste. That's not to say that I won't buy future DLC. The price is certainly reasonable enough.

PTG Claret
19-06-2015, 18:43
I didn't, because I have only been in about 10 of the ones we already have. I like to learn a car, find out how its best used, and then try another.

I don't know how people can just hop from one car to another race after race. It makes sense to me to take time to enjoy each car.

ferretfing
19-06-2015, 19:10
I didn't buy it. Charging for DLC with the game in its current state leaves a bad taste for me. Also, the price increased a day after it was on Steam for some reason. Maybe with fully working VR & most of the bugs sorted it might be worth a look at some point.

Kitt
19-06-2015, 19:10
I didn't,because you can't use them in career mode.

dodge33cymru
19-06-2015, 19:12
There are a few things that make me not want to at the moment. I would like the GT3 Bentley, although the others are good too, but I'm struggling to get immersed in the game at the moment, due to either a) the inability to select opponents in single race (so I can have consistent competition) and b) the repeated weather in career mode.

Neither is game breaking, and I'm not having a go because I know they're not too priorities for most, but I prefer to set up my own races or, if I were to do the career mode, I'd do the GT3 series several times as the open wheel and kart stuff doesn't interest me.

I may be tempted, if I can find a way to get immersed in a more long-term way, maybe when one of the above changes or a custom championship tool comes into being.

TonyF68
19-06-2015, 20:41
What is your story?

I'll probably pick this one up eventually. I haven't felt any rush since there are still a lot of cars in the base game that I haven't tried yet.

When the ovals DLC comes out I'll probably skip that one since it's not a type of racing I find interesting. The great thing aboput this game is that it can accommodate all sorts of racing types. I don't have to love them all.

k.merse
19-06-2015, 20:54
You have to spend like what? 7 USD on the two DLC combined. How much more discount do you want?

Andrew_WOT
19-06-2015, 21:30
You have to spend like what? 7 USD on the two DLC combined. How much more discount do you want?

Not sure if it was addressed to my post, money is secondary, $7 is certainly not an issue, unless we start having DLC every month or more frequently, then it's "milking a cow" scenario.
This is more about principle, paid content before critical issues are fixed, no thanks.

Martini Da Gasalini
19-06-2015, 23:25
I bought all so far, and then went on to Destiny forums and announced I bought SMS's DLCs and that I've yet to buy and never will buy a Bungie DLC :)

PC49NZ
19-06-2015, 23:47
While I totally agree with most of you that there a still a lot of cars to try which I haven't driven yet, I bought the dlc because it was so cheap and I like to back this product.

There is a really great flying product out there called FSX. I can recall how there was trouble at the start but given time they slowly fixed the bugs with patches and now it really dominates the skies, meaning, give this product time, be patient.

Regards to all,
Jim.

F1Aussie
20-06-2015, 02:58
I will get it eventually but i have only used about half the cars in game so far so will run them before i get the dlc

Diablo944
20-06-2015, 03:14
I really wanted the mark 4 ford. (Though i would have preferred a mark one two or three if truth be told), now i have it i have discovered that to me at least, the damned thing is virtually un drivable. Braking is awful, handling is awful, road holding is awful. I hate the car with a vengeance. Until the mark four appeared my least favourite car was the formula a as i am just not that good with it, but now the ice skating mark four has become the car i really wish wasnt there anymore. I spent hours messing with force feedback settings and it is still a pile of cack. A real shame as some of the other cars were awesome.

feloney_x
20-06-2015, 04:02
i didnt get it but had nothing to do with the game im disabled and on a fixed income so when i can spare it i will.

321Respawn
20-06-2015, 07:29
The cars didn't appeal to me and I'm not a car hopper .

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 08:06
I went to buy it but I couldn't. My PSN had run out lol, I've only had 4 online races, this is the only game I play on my ps.
SMS don't get a penny of the dlc takings, I think it's the network turning a coin.
How can the Continental be a GT race car lol, I would love to experience the roar of the Speed 8, but haven't tried half the other cars.
Anyway the games sound is NOT in surround, it would sound wierd if I turned it up.
I find tuning fun, and testing ok, even with teeny weeny HUD displays and NO telemetry app!!
All I have is a driving simulator, couldn't call it a game yet.
You have the choice to spend your money, how condicending, you have a choice? You always have a choice about spending your money, whats all that about, trying to brain wash the opinions eh lol. People have no choice if they really want the dlc, I smell fish! I detect shame, whats next, double the price and start playing the blame game?
A season pass would be good, but it looks like we have no choice it that department, eh.

mire2
20-06-2015, 09:59
I went to buy it but I couldn't. My PSN had run out lol, I've only had 4 online races, this is the only game I play on my ps.
SMS don't get a penny of the dlc takings, I think it's the network turning a coin.
How can the Continental be a GT race car lol, I would love to experience the roar of the Speed 8, but haven't tried half the other cars.
Anyway the games sound is NOT in surround, it would sound wierd if I turned it up.
I find tuning fun, and testing ok, even with teeny weeny HUD displays and NO telemetry app!!
All I have is a driving simulator, couldn't call it a game yet.
You have the choice to spend your money, how condicending, you have a choice? You always have a choice about spending your money, whats all that about, trying to brain wash the opinions eh lol. People have no choice if they really want the dlc, I smell fish! I detect shame, whats next, double the price and start playing the blame game?
A season pass would be good, but it looks like we have no choice it that department, eh.

I am happy that there is no season pass, without a season pass there is more flexibility with DLC'S......

FoxMulder
20-06-2015, 10:14
I'll gladly wait for a GOTY or Complete Edition to get all the DLC, and only if it's on disc content then. Have never and won't ever support anything DLC related.

Art-J
20-06-2015, 10:47
Simple. If a DLC has at least two cars I'm interested in, I buy it. If it doesn't - I don't. That's why I bought the pack with GT-40 and Sauber, but I'm not interested in the other one.

Mattyd
20-06-2015, 11:16
I am a long time detester of unreasonable dlc. It stems from my Call Of Duty days where the game is replaced every year, yet they sell you extra maps and stuff which amount to the same price as the game itself! I used to really get my hair off over that so they lost my business entirely.

However the recent car pack for Project Cars I thought was very good in terms of price and content so I bought it.

D4rkst3EL
20-06-2015, 11:17

Where did you see both DLC for 7 usd? I see them on steam both for 8.5 EURO, so that's like 9.65 usd. Just curious if you were talking literally.

By the way, did the racing icons car pack go up by half a euro, or my memory plays tricks on me.

centurian
20-06-2015, 11:21
I didn't buy the DLC 'cos I've not been able to drive long enough to try all the present cars in the game 'cos of constant game unhandled exception crashes.

Synergy
20-06-2015, 11:36
Because I already paid 50 bucks for this and I refuse to shell out more for this.

RoccoTTS
20-06-2015, 11:57
I bought the dlc and i will buy every dlc in the future.
Why ? Because i'm gonna play PCARS for the next few years and probably spend more than 1000 hours on it.
PCARS is good solid base to build on.

ssijak
20-06-2015, 12:02
Because I already paid 50 bucks for this and I refuse to shell out more for this.

So you expect that devs work for free next few years and give you 100 cars/tracks for nothing?
Remember the days about 10 years ago when internet was slow, games were only on discs, no steam, etc. You buy a disc and that is what you get, no further updates with content, only paid expansions. DLCs are good if they are reasonable.

mire2
20-06-2015, 12:40
So you expect that devs work for free next few years and give you 100 cars/tracks for nothing?
Remember the days about 10 years ago when internet was slow, games were only on discs, no steam, etc. You buy a disc and that is what you get, no further updates with content, only paid expansions. DLCs are good if they are reasonable.

Ok i must join this.....but the devs holded some cars in the back to release them later as DLC.....example: in fall 2014 they released the ford mustang GT 2015 to play and test for the WMD members....but the mustang is still not in the game after almost 1 year, so i think they will release the mustang as DLC....something like that isnt correct, to hold thinga in the back which are since month ready to join in the game.....also the bentleys....they are long time ready, but they dont added them into the game at release, so we must buy the cars as DLC......

when new manufactures and new cars gets added as DLC, which where produced after the release of Pcars, then i have no problem with that and i will always buy the DLC's......but to hold things in the back at release and put them a few weeks later as DLC to buy , is not very nice i think.......why they dont added all cars which where ready befor release into the game at release?.......

With the game Star Wars Battlefront the people also feared that something like that happen, that they hold things back and sold them later as DLC's...

morpwr
20-06-2015, 12:43
Not getting another penny from me until they make the wheels works right.

Flins
20-06-2015, 14:05
i bought it and i will buy all the future dlc .They provide more choice even if I didn't try all the cars yet .the price is ok and not so much expensive .The cars are beautiful with different feelings .
i think this game well patched ,in the future ,will be THE reference .
And SMS merits to be paid for their good job ,to continue to work on this game .

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 14:14
It's not the developers charging for dlc, the network has to support the function of dlc, it's a large charge for a small bit of data in this day and age, but a small charge compared to some other games dlc. I don't think I will bother with dlc until the networks help the developers more.
Emails to CEOs works sometimes.

FA RACING 01
20-06-2015, 14:26
For the price they are being sold, I buy them all without even looking what cars they contain. If the price goes up I'll still buy them, any add on expand the racing experience. Wont spite myself not to.

KkDrummer
20-06-2015, 14:34
I think the price is fair and the cars are cool, but I am still waiting to see further improvements in the Xbox One version. SMS has being doing a great job and patch 1.5 should make things even better (I hope they fix the sound issues as well). As soon as the game is in a better state I will definitely buy this and future content.

doneta
20-06-2015, 14:43
Like many others, I will not invest any more money into this game until the long list of bugs are fixed.

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 14:46
Yeah, not buying the dlc will make you feel left out on occasions. Its there if you want it, and if you have the spare cash.
There's so many future possibilities with this game, but will we see any of them? Only technology will tell!

BorisTheFrog
20-06-2015, 14:50
I bought the Limited edition upgrade (so I could compete on the touring class leaderboards) but I don't think i'll be buying any more.

Pcars is on paper a cool game, deserves is plaudits and absolutely deserves to be given the right to complete in the market, but as an XB1 user having to endure a more expensive and considerably inferior product I really don't see the desire to take advantage of investing more money into a game that simply feels like an afterthought. I just wish I had the opportunity to play the game on a different format.

Sorry.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 14:54
I bought the Limited edition upgrade (so I could compete on the touring class leaderboards) but I don't think i'll be buying any more.

Pcars is on paper a cool game, deserves is plaudits and absolutely deserves to be given the right to complete in the market, but as an XB1 user having to endure a more expensive and considerably inferior product I really don't see the desire to take advantage of investing more money into a game that simply feels like an afterthought. I just wish I had the opportunity to play the game on a different format.

Sorry.

I absolutely fail to see how anyone who sees the effort we're putting into the Xbox can accuse us of considering it to be an afterthought.

Next patch we're basically 60 FPS everywhere. We are using the spare core that just opened a few weeks before shipping. We are fully dynamic on both weather and rain at these framerates when first parties are running similar dynamic systems at 30 FPS.

I'm almost shocked that anyone wouldn't buy the DLC pack at the price we put it out at.

Jabbar993
20-06-2015, 15:10
Agreed, at this price, Im going to buy them all. By the way, it would be best to stop crying and enjoy playing, its the love for racing that brought us here after all..

loslogo
20-06-2015, 15:13
I brought them because I'm not a cheap whiney little bitch and the more cars the better.

BorisTheFrog
20-06-2015, 15:39
I absolutely fail to see how anyone who sees the effort we're putting into the Xbox can accuse us of considering it to be an afterthought.

Next patch we're basically 60 FPS everywhere. We are using the spare core that just opened a few weeks before shipping. We are fully dynamic on both weather and rain at these framerates when first parties are running similar dynamic systems at 30 FPS.

I'm almost shocked that anyone wouldn't buy the DLC pack at the price we put it out at.

OK, let's keep things in perspective here. I said it "feels like an afterthought" - which was just an opinion (that I also apologised for). I'm not for one second doubting your dedication in making the XB1 version of the game somewhat better but in saying that I have to make my judgement on what I have in front of me at this moment in time.
I like PCars (a lot) and maintain that it genuinely deserves to compete against similar games - but 'at this moment in time', for various reasons (which have been covered over and over again), the XB1 format simply does not work.

I would absolutely love to play this game on a different format if only to experience the game as it should be experienced. I want to be able to submit a time onto a correct leaderboard. I want to be able to select an online lobby instead of hoping for the best with the random search method. I want to be able to just play the game exactly the same way as everyone else does. Is that such a terrible thing to ask ?

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:47
OK, let's keep things in perspective here. I said it "feels like an afterthought" - which was just an opinion (that I also apologised for). I'm not for one second doubting your dedication in making the XB1 version of the game somewhat better but in saying that I have to make my judgement on what I have in front of me at this moment in time.
I like PCars (a lot) and maintain that it genuinely deserves to compete against similar games - but 'at this moment in time', for various reasons (which have been covered over and over again), the XB1 format simply does not work.

I would absolutely love to play this game on a different format if only to experience the game as it should be experienced. I want to be able to submit a time onto a correct leaderboard. I want to be able to select an online lobby instead of hoping for the best with the random search method. I want to be able to just play the game exactly the same way as everyone else does. Is that such a terrible thing to ask ?

No one accused you of asking terrible things.

The Xbox version 'does work', sorry. That's another wrongful accusation. We have 300,000 plus people having a great time with it.

I accused you of being inaccurate by telling us the XBox felt like an afterthought, as it most certainly wasn't/isn't, and I posted my reasons against such an accusation. That's what you said and that's what I'm responding to...

BorisTheFrog
20-06-2015, 15:59
The Xbox version 'does work', sorry. That's another wrongful accusation. We have 300,000 plus people having a great time with it.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I wholeheartedly respect yours.

Wizards ZA
20-06-2015, 16:05
I am one of those 300 000 people! I haven't had this much fun on a racing game in years. Tnx to Ian and his team for having the vision to make this game. Great job! Can't wait to see what you have planned for the future....

EMW Simmo
20-06-2015, 16:29
I am one of those 300 000 people! I haven't had this much fun on a racing game in years. Tnx to Ian and his team for having the vision to make this game. Great job! Can't wait to see what you have planned for the future....

I second that !!!!.....Destroys Forza n they are microsofts love child with unlimited funds, and FM6 is pants.
Give SMS time to fix the issues and then judge the game, but even in its current form its still the best Xbone racer.
Afterall SMS have fixed more in 10 weeks than Turn 10 did in 10 years lol.....
And DLC at 2 or there abouts is crazy cheap........Forza 6 85 lol for what regurgetated garbage, with weather n night from GT4.
I know where ill be for the forseable future!!!

Straightlaced84
20-06-2015, 16:45
My brother and I are two more Xbox gamers who have been enjoying Project Cars every single day. And I myself am hugely obsessed with racing simulations and have been since the days of the first Gran Turismo on the original Playstation.

Project Cars is not only playable on Xbox One, I believe it is the best racing simulation to come along for a console.

RoccoTTS
20-06-2015, 16:48
And another xbox user who has been enjoying PCARS every day since day 1.

Schadows
20-06-2015, 16:48
I didn't buy the DLC because ... it was offered by SMS to me as a WMD member d(^_~ )

This is more about principle, paid content before critical issues are fixed, no thanks.I hope you don't believe SMS to be a handful of devs working on every tasks. SMS has lots of devs, and while some specific devs are working on fixes, what should those specializing in car/track modelization, thos specialized in physics ... what do those devs should do in the meantime?
Should SMS hold the content which is ready?

That may be your opinion, but i'm sure all who bought those DLC are happy SMS released them.

Ok i must join this.....but the devs holded some cars in the back to release them later as DLC.....example: in fall 2014 they released the ford mustang GT 2015 to play and test for the WMD members....but the mustang is still not in the game after almost 1 year, so i think they will release the mustang as DLC....something like that isnt correct, to hold thinga in the back which are since month ready to join in the game.....also the bentleys....they are long time ready, but they dont added them into the game at release, so we must buy the cars as DLC......

when new manufactures and new cars gets added as DLC, which where produced after the release of Pcars, then i have no problem with that and i will always buy the DLC's......but to hold things in the back at release and put them a few weeks later as DLC to buy , is not very nice i think.......why they dont added all cars which where ready befor release into the game at release?.......I would be good you don't assume everything you said is right.
While it is true that the Bentleys were done visually, it was far from done physics-wise and sounds-wise when the game released (some people might even say that some other bit of the game were not done either >__<).

And you have lot's of things to consider when talking about DLCs.
The content of the game is not necessarily about how much time you have, but also how many sales you can do. Each car and track needs money to be done, and an hardcore racing sim without the support from a big publisher has almost no hope in making several millions of sales. So you have to consider how many (how much) you can put in the base game for the price it will be sold to, and still have benefits. It doesn't prevent the studio to start new content during the development phase funding it with DLC in might from the start. That's not content that was removed, just content that would have never seen the light if there were no DLCs.

That said, while I admit the game may lack in number of cars (but not in diversity) it has the largest roster of track any 1st game of an IP has ever seen (even the next Forza 6 despite their unlimited budget, having 17 tracks ready thanks to FM5 will only be released with 24 tracks, with fixed weather and time of day ... etc). So I would not say that the game lacks in content nor in features.

There is also some cars are DLC mandatory since some car manufacturer are asking for a fee (percentage) on every sales of the car.

TheReaper GT
20-06-2015, 16:49
I have no problem buying DLC if it adds something good to the game. The project cars DLCs are cheap and well made. I'll buy every single one of them for sure. I wanna buy the MOdified car pack also. Ian, please, make it happen. PS4 users in the US can buy it, xbox one users should too.

centurian
20-06-2015, 19:36

Difficult to try them when the game won't allow one to 'cos it crashes.

TrevorAustin
20-06-2015, 20:08
Difficult to try them when the game won't allow one to 'cos it crashes.

You need to get your pc fixed then, i had a few crashes pre 1.4, easily avoided with published work arounds, and not one since, other than pre 1.3 replays. So, seriously, if you can't even try cars out, your pc is faulty.

hoodi4cars
20-06-2015, 22:08
Well I got all DLC for free so far as a WMD member. I wouldn't have bought them myself, but that is just because the DLC was all cars, and for me pCARS has more than enough cars already without DLC. I'm not really such a car nut in general, I wouldn't even need real-life car models. I'm fine with 1 or 2 cars per class.

But when it comes to TRACKS though, I'd definately buy some track DLCs! In my opinion the tracks are superb in this game, and SMS seems to have a good hand for picking tracks. Most of them are very interesting with a unique routing and road FFB. I'd pretty much buy any track DLC blind (except for ovals, i'm not into that)

lrapsody
20-06-2015, 23:04
Whoaa I just remembered I need to go buy that dlc right now! ☺

Kehoe
20-06-2015, 23:16
It only costs 2:79 where I'm from and with some of the cars being my favourite I didn't have a problem paying for it

Nestoche
21-06-2015, 02:16
I did. Why not? The price was right(Paid the $3.50 if you want to know) and to support future development of Pcars. I love the game so why not support something you like by buying the DLC at a good price!

peace

Bob_bob
21-06-2015, 05:10
I say, I'll buy when they get this to a finished product and fix game breaking bugs like rain and ai. They should be working on bugs and not worry about dlc. But that is me.... Each person is different.

TheReaper GT
21-06-2015, 06:38
I say, I'll buy when they get this to a finished product and fix game breaking bugs like rain and ai. They should be working on bugs and not worry about dlc. But that is me.... Each person is different.

It's not the same people working on both things, they have a product developtment team for the DLCS and the programers for the bug fixing.

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 07:20

That's a pretty bold statement - I really hope it turns out.

Currently on Watkins Glen short, in hitting 1:04 in the Radical SR3. Do a single player race with cars on the track, and best I can manage is a 1:17 - a massive 13 seconds a lapslower due to framrate. And that us with a clear track, and same weather conditions as TT.

My fingers are crossed. :-)

BanjoMaster
21-06-2015, 08:33
I haven't bought it yet, simply because I haven't been near my home pc for weeks. I will though. But I thought I'd also take this opportunity to say inmmy opinion the pack was sold far too cheaply given the quality and mind-boggling detail of the models.

danowat
21-06-2015, 10:00
That's a pretty bold statement - I really hope it turns out.

Currently on Watkins Glen short, in hitting 1:04 in the Radical SR3. Do a single player race with cars on the track, and best I can manage is a 1:17 - a massive 13 seconds a lapslower due to framrate. And that us with a clear track, and same weather conditions as TT.

My fingers are crossed. :-)

1:04 is impressive in the SR3, replay please?

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 10:49
Check my DVR i think, or chase my ghost - its my only TT time on any board (and I stick to track limits ;-) ). We had an in-house HLC over at the Pedulum Tuning Garage forum and I was far from fastest. Here's the results of the comp:

Final Results:

1-- 1:03:354 - EMW Lucky - PAD
2-- 1:03.457 - PTG Ty1er Ward - WHEEL
3-- 1:03.962 - GRTfast - WHEEL
4-- 1:04.276 - PTG Coops - WHEEL
5-- 1:04.550 - PTG Claret - WHEEL
6-- 1:04.645 - EMW Mayhem 77 - PAD
7-- 1:04.664 - LMR GRUFF - WHEEL
8-- 1:04.714 - dc2steve - PAD
9-- 1:04.881 - PTG ALKOHOLIK - WHEEL
10- 1:04.943 - PTG Murderous - WHEEL (No FFB)
11- 1:05.294 - PTG Baby Cow - WHEEL
12- 1:05.757 - PervasiveFall8 - PAD
13- 1:06.027 - PTG Ducky - WHEEL
14- 1:06.148 - PetuK - WHEEL
15- 1:06.152 - Braininmyboxers - WHEEL
16- 1:06.919 - LMR Deftone MX - PAD
17- 1:08.801 - DAN0408 - PAD
18- 1:08.898 - PTG Mesasphere - WHEEL
19- 1:09.271 - RubberDave - PAD
20- 1:10.021 - LMR QUATTRO - PAD
21- 1:11.423 - Rosny - WHEEL

Feel free to join us anytime:

http://pendulumtuning.freeforums.org/ptg-official-hlc-02-closed-t1800.html

Kai_Mon
21-06-2015, 10:55
I wont buy DLC for a game that still has some major flaws...seems to be the trend that a game is released and still needs patching but the DLC comes before the game fix.

Once the AI start responding to blue flags, or just start driving better so open wheel racing is enjoyable, I'll buy every pack available. But not when the game is unfinished.

Bruusie
21-06-2015, 11:08
I bought the dlc and i will buy every dlc in the future.
Why ? Because i'm gonna play PCARS for the next few years and probably spend more than 1000 hours on it.
PCARS is good solid base to build on.

Not yet it's not...maybe in the future hopefully, brilliant concept, but at the moment...seriously un-solid!

Synergy
21-06-2015, 11:11

Not everyone has the money to back up all the DLCs, as a student, I already run on a tight budget, and I have priorities (mainly living/car costs). Getting the main game is already enough. Your reasoning has nothing to do with mine.

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 11:18
Your lack of finance has nothing to do with anyone either

RoccoTTS
21-06-2015, 11:21
Not yet it's not...maybe in the future hopefully, brilliant concept, but at the moment...seriously un-solid!

Since patch 1.4 i don't have any major problem.

danowat
21-06-2015, 11:39
And that's definitely the SR3, not SR8?

FWIW I tried the same combo in TT and with 43 AI, results were the same.

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 11:43
Deffinately the SR3 - its all on the boards.

danowat
21-06-2015, 11:50
Quickest SR3 on the PS4 leaderboards is much slower than that.

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 12:24
Guess that means the Xbox is faster ;-)

Don't forget, we had a competition pushing us to get them times - doubt anyone else has put much effort into lapping that track in that car.

Synergy
21-06-2015, 18:56
Your lack of finance has nothing to do with anyone either

PTG, He was replying to me, you dummy.

yopp90
21-06-2015, 19:17
The only one I havnt bought yet was the modified car pack, it just doesn't interest me. After buying a season pass for black ops 2 when it was announced and having them milk consumers with camos and stupid stuff it turned me off from buying dlc products for most games. Progect cars has a different feel tho, I don't mind spending a few dollars here or there because I feel like it's actually going back into the game to make it better

NaRP
21-06-2015, 21:10
I wait for new tracks and events, like DLC in NFS Shift 2. This is for me a real DLC.
I want to see some very interesting car, like Renault Pack, Nissan GTR, Ferrari Pack, Porsche 918 Spider, Lambo GT3, formula E.
Other Stuff, NO.

Voxen
21-06-2015, 21:14
I'll buy every DLC to support the studio enhancing this game. They will need resources to keep fixing bugs, build tracks and cars. If we enjoy this game the best we can do is support the team behind it so we can enjoy it much longer.

lacslyer
21-06-2015, 21:20
I'll buy every DLC to support the studio enhancing this game. They will need resources to keep fixing bugs, build tracks and cars. If we enjoy this game the best we can do is support the team behind it so we can enjoy it much longer.

To be fair, we shouldn't need to support the developer with additional resources for fixing bugs, nor do I think they actually need support for it. That should be covered in the initial purchase of the game.

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 21:54
PTG, He was replying to me, you dummy.

If you two want a private conversation without anyone butting in, take it to PMs. Otherwise, expect anyone with an internet and a bored minute or three to join in.

Dummy.

Synergy
21-06-2015, 22:01
If you two want a private conversation without anyone butting in, take it to PMs. Otherwise, expect anyone with an internet and a bored minute or three to join in.

Dummy.

You bent a conversation out of context. I'm not the dummy.

Scuderia Paul
21-06-2015, 22:20

I will purchase all the DLC as the game is huge fun and any new content is always welcome. Also, supporting SMS should help secure additional content for PCars and PCars 2 - Cannot believe I mentioned a sequel already.

Purchasing DLC as a way to help the developer fix bugs is silly as they should not be present at retail.

Charles Gillen
21-06-2015, 22:23
The only problem with DLC for me is that it's not coming fast enough.

Charles

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 23:21
No I didn't. Dummy.

RaceBabySr
22-06-2015, 17:31
Not for me...

Charging for DLC when they haven't had the motivation to include triple screen support (as requested) indicates that they are truly about the dollar; and not customer satisfaction.

To me, SMS is just like other Devs who do not have the time to deliver a complete game, but can certainly "find" ways to constantly milk the market.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 17:33
Not for me...

Charging for DLC when they haven't had the motivation to include triple screen support (as requested) indicates that they are truly about the dollar; and not customer satisfaction.

To me, SMS is just like other Devs who do not have the time to deliver a complete game, but can certainly "find" ways to constantly milk the market.

Bye

8 posts, 7 whinges and contant complaining about triple screens.

But accusing us as above is a step too far. Flog it on ebay or something.

TeTeT
22-06-2015, 18:12
I haven't bought the DLC (yet), as I'm still pretty busy with the cars and tracks PC has been released with. I guess that's a minority here on this forum... ;)

Scuderia Paul
22-06-2015, 20:36
Does anyone know when the Audi Pack is expected to land? I need those cars, particularly the R18 e-tron quattro, in my life!

Also, how cool would it be to have the Toyota TS040 Hybrid 2014 to rival it? Hint hint Mr Bell...

cunningham85
22-06-2015, 20:44
I bought it, its less than the price of a MC'ds. Quick question are the cars available in single player career?

dodge33cymru
22-06-2015, 21:01
I bought it, its less than the price of a MC'ds. Quick question are the cars available in single player career?

No.

ImStylinOnYaBro
22-06-2015, 21:05
i bought it. however, i had a hell of a time finding it on my ps4 since it wasn't listed under pcars xD i really enjoy the speed 8 and mclaren.

cunningham85
22-06-2015, 21:08
just found this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/334772/

it says the pack can be used in any game mode and enhance your project cars career?

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 21:10
just found this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/334772/

it says the pack can be used in any game mode and enhance your project cars career?

It will integrate with future packs to do so.

Stevesixty7
22-06-2015, 21:43
I bought the DLC packs, as they are nicely priced and nice cars, what's not to like?

Kehoe
22-06-2015, 22:29
Would you take the DLC for free? My guess is 100% yes so obviously the problem most people have is paying 3, and I don't see why you wouldn't want to pay that. It's helping develop the game. This game is by far the best Racer on the new consoles and there are still some things to be fixed but it's 100% playable. So just imagine when the game has no more bugs or problems. It's really a shame so many people moan. If you don't like the game there's absolutely nothing stopping you from trading it in. And if you downloaded it... Tough luck

Bruusie
24-06-2015, 12:38
Since patch 1.4 i don't have any major problem.

On PC...numerous times locked drive option, infinite track loading, cars upside down in pits!!, locked bumper cam, no online reputation %, occasional crashes to multiplayer lobby or even desktop...depends what you mean by 'serious' I guess.

Farkup
29-06-2015, 01:30
Like others, I haven't driven that many cars in game yet. I'm not a fan of microtransactions either! IMO it's sneaky. BUT, I will probably get it, after the patch drops.

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 01:53
Like others, I haven't driven that many cars in game yet. I'm not a fan of microtransactions either! IMO it's sneaky. BUT, I will probably get it, after the patch drops.

To be honest I don't like those rip off little thing they sell for games those days, but this DLC is great. it's not like in other games when got one good item and all the rest is just rubish, all the content so far is awesome.

Gloomy
29-06-2015, 03:52
I'll most likely buy most of the dlc eventually. There's still alot of cars I haven't even tried out yet so it doesn't make sense for me to get any packs yet. When I tire of the current content I'll look into adding more.

chart_e
29-06-2015, 03:56
none of the cars in there were interesting to me, and still to many issues in the game that are not solve and prevent me for wanting to pay more for this game. And I'll wait to see if the paying DLCs will be joint all together For a better price than buying them all seperate

Papa Bear
29-06-2015, 04:06
They don't sell the pre-order modified cars pack so I don't have that on steam. The DLC's prices are reasonable at least.

Roadtrip2k6
29-06-2015, 15:42
im pretty sure you can jump straight into GT3 in career mode if you want skipping all lower formula

Roadtrip2k6
29-06-2015, 15:47
on the DLC thing, no I didn't. I pre-ordered so should have had it, but when I went to pick up they had already handed them all out. was pissed with it so did pay for the DLC. Also I just spent a load of money on the game, and now they want me to spend more? I've played it a lot but i'm still learning and enjoying it. I mostly play the career, so, I don't need to pay for a few extra cars which I may not get to use much.

Konan
29-06-2015, 16:34
I bought them all...just to have them lol
Maybe i'll drive them and maybe not but i intent to buy all dlc since i don't intend to part with the game ever!

e15f
29-06-2015, 16:59
I will buy dlc, but not this Bentley one, they just dont appeal to me.

Would love some more open wheelers etc, love the open wheeler cars, hoping for a v12 from the 1980 / 1990 era.

protie
29-06-2015, 17:13
"...but it's 100% playable."

Something about the above quote referring to a released game just sounds a bit odd, dont ya think?

D1rty Duck UK
29-06-2015, 17:28
I brought the first pack, don't think I'll buy anymore as they can't be used in the career mode.

I didn't realise this before purchasing the first dlc

FAster
29-06-2015, 19:06
I bought just only because of the beautiful monster of Mclaren BMW GTR Le Mans 97'

sVig
30-06-2015, 09:16
What is your story?

At a discounted bundle? The DLC was dirt cheap to start with. It cost, what, about 2.89 iirc. Not even the price of a pint. Or a macdonalds meal...

sp0q
30-06-2015, 09:19
I'm waiting for the next update. Haven't really got myself into online racing yet so that may be a reason too.

The price is lovely however.

Fong74
02-07-2015, 08:24
I bought the first one and will buy all others, too, as this is one of the ways to support this development approach and type of game, which I appreciate very much.

I know there are still issues which have to be solved, but I am very sure SMS will solve them within the next weeks and months.

theothermexico
02-07-2015, 09:04
While I'm not a fan of the dlc culture that has taken over gaming. I will buy all the packs for this game.
Can you really complain? It's dirt cheap and all cars that would get used at one point or another.

Unlike forza, who overcharge for packs that have a single car that people want and pad it with 5 civics

QPRLad
02-07-2015, 09:51
Does anyone know when the Audi Pack is expected to land? I need those cars, particularly the R18 e-tron quattro, in my life!

Also, how cool would it be to have the Toyota TS040 Hybrid 2014 to rival it? Hint hint Mr Bell...

I agree, its a shame the Nissan LMGTR and Porsche 919 HY can't be included.
However, why can they not include a WMD/SMS Hybrid Prototype based on these two cars?
LM-P car's are evolving so fast and it showed this year, I guess its probably something for PCars 2.

I'm going to guess that Nissan are now only available on Gran Tourismo because of their Academy Programme linked with GT but I would love to get the Delta Wing on PCars.

Scuderia Paul
02-07-2015, 12:14
I agree, its a shame the Nissan LMGTR and Porsche 919 HY can't be included.
However, why can they not include a WMD/SMS Hybrid Prototype based on these two cars?
LM-P car's are evolving so fast and it showed this year, I guess its probably something for PCars 2.

I'm going to guess that Nissan are now only available on Gran Tourismo because of their Academy Programme linked with GT but I would love to get the Delta Wing on PCars.
Darren Cox, the head of Nismo, has said that the GT-R LM Nismo will be available in all the racing games we know or something to that effect.

EA have, or will soon have, it in Real Racing 3 and there is a very real chance we will see it in PCars as Nissan is completely open about the car and are keen to have as much publicity about it's Le Mans programme as possible.

Even if we got the Toyota TS040-HYBRID 2014 to combat the Audi R18 e-tron quattro 2014.

maurice-pascale
02-07-2015, 12:29
Ohhh man, i will buy all car/track DLC.....because when i see, one DLC got maybe 5 cars, that means every single car of this 5 cars got his own physic and absolute own handling feeling, mso it means i will play with those cars for EVER!!!......when i remember in other games, there i bought a DLC and it maked fun for me for 2 days, after that i get bored about it :o.......but at Pcars every single car what gets added to the game is unique and special......i am still happy with the ICONS pack, what lovely cars.........cant wait for more :D

HLR Ghosty
02-07-2015, 12:34
Bought the DLC on both xbox and PC as I am really enjoying the game, for the price of it you cant really go wrong considering what others charge for some of theirs.

QPRLad
02-07-2015, 12:51
Darren Cox, the head of Nismo, has said that the GT-R LM Nismo will be available in all the racing games we know or something to that effect.

EA have, or will soon have, it in Real Racing 3 and there is a very real chance we will see it in PCars as Nissan is completely open about the car and are keen to have as much publicity about it's Le Mans programme as possible.

Even if we got the Toyota TS040-HYBRID 2014 to combat the Audi R18 e-tron quattro 2014.

TBH the Toyota's weren't much competition this LeMans.

Ian Bell
02-07-2015, 12:52
I didn't buy it.

My main reason was that I got it for free.

Roger Prynne
02-07-2015, 12:57
Nice one Ian.

QPRLad
02-07-2015, 12:58
I didn't buy it.

Nothings free in this world, you just used blood, sweat and tears to pay, not currency.

TheReaper GT
02-07-2015, 14:37
I didn't buy it.

Cheap bastard, hahaha

Scuderia Paul
02-07-2015, 14:54
I didn't buy it.

You miserable git!

Psychomatrix
02-07-2015, 15:53
I've bought them all and with all the issues the game the game still is that great that I play it every day. But I've said to me if such things like loosing 130 h save game, gear shift issues and pitstop issues that destroy a lot of my endurance races are not fixed ill pay no more for dlc. I hope that patch 2.0 will fix this issues.

if road cars in a dlc I never will buy them. First 80% of the road cars are still to sensitive at slow speeds with controller to drive and second if I want drive road cars in a game I buy other games. I bought the game for the great motorracing features and not to drive road cars. I know that with road cars the game will better sell. Except for the gumpert, ariel cars and bac mono the other roadcars are not interesting for me. But main problem is the driving behaviour with controller.

UMadBro
03-07-2015, 08:03
DLC needs to stop, if it's expensive it should at least be cheap, or free.

FA RACING 01
03-07-2015, 09:31

But it is for free, the 2 or 3 bucks we paying is just tax.

Psychomatrix
03-07-2015, 10:37

I see that different. Dlc is way for studios to keep alive. If you keep in mind what production of nextgen games cost and that the games costs since 20 years the same.

Psychomatrix
03-07-2015, 10:39
But it is for free, the 2 or 3 bucks we paying is just tax.

Maybe in your country here in germany you don't pay taxes for free dlc's. But I think you made a joke lol

mantukas334
03-07-2015, 10:49
no point buying. you can use dlc cars if host use dlc cars. i play only online

Rippo
03-07-2015, 10:56
I think all the cars must be on the base game, also the tracks. Also I'm not really interested in the cars of the DLC.

maurice-pascale
03-07-2015, 11:02
no point buying. you can use dlc cars if host use dlc cars. i play only online
But not for long time anymore.....i readed that Ian said they want to fix this thing.....so then you must buy the DLC's or playing again with the old cars...

bataleon
03-07-2015, 11:08
Bought the DLC. Will buy again. It costs the same a beer. A single beer.

mikadri
03-07-2015, 11:11
Ill buy next dlc too,AND a beer :rolleyes:

FA RACING 01
03-07-2015, 11:25
Maybe in your country here in germany you don't pay taxes for free dlc's. But I think you made a joke lol

Yeah, just adding some humour. ;) Like you said, the studios need to make a living, not that I think they make a lot from DLC at the low prices they almost giving it away. And yeah, I'll will also buy them all and the beer as mikadri says.

QPRLad
03-07-2015, 11:42

The price of the iconic DLC is cheaper than a pint of beer, I think I can go one less pint this weekend.

UMadBro
03-07-2015, 12:01
The price of the iconic DLC is cheaper than a pint of beer, I think I can go one less pint this weekend.

You're sure about that? Don't forget EA and Ubisoft!

Roger Prynne
03-07-2015, 12:13
You're sure about that? Don't forget EA and Ubisoft!

But this isn't EA or Ubisoft, it's SMS and Bandai Namco.

Schadows
03-07-2015, 12:44
I think all the cars must be on the base game, also the tracks. Also I'm not really interested in the cars of the DLC.
When you buy a car in real life, its price depends on how many options you add and stuff like that. But that is not possible with games. You cannot sell your game 80€ instead of 60€ because it has more new content.

The fact that any DLC would be "considered as a scam" should only be said after judging the content of the base game, and the cost of making that DLC (not only paying artists/devs but also licenses fees).

Project CARS, despite lacking in sheer cars number, came with one of the largest roster of tracks in any modern game (the only one I could find which has more was GT6 which recycle a lot from GT5), and features which were either not available or available on specific tracks only in other games.

People have been burn so hard by "evil" publishers before they cannot even recognize a good deal when they see one anymore.

MikieC
03-07-2015, 13:48
just a few extra cars to add to same ole categories, nothing new and present bugs not fixed - total waste to me :)

GMDLONDON
03-07-2015, 14:29

I wouldn't buy the DLC coz I personally dont like the type of cars, but I do like events and to take part I was forced to buy as it was Required,
in addition to this was chance to win Thrustmaster gear with some more info on facebook-events, they never update this event on facebook and based on previous Thrustmaster event the winner should get T300 wheel, if there are no amendments to next.

They been asked on forum in many occasion re the prices and facebook details , but the SMS team in front with Ian are so arrogant to give the customer clear info about the events that they simply provoking players like me to be rude.

The winner on PC platform did get thrustmaster shifter, and I never bean contacted by any one from the sms team.

Im 43 year old and I have attend many tournaments and events in my life, I know many fastest players in UK in person, and best events organizers in uk.

But this team is so arrogant and disorganized that I will not buy the next DLC if they will continue this way.

DayGlow
03-07-2015, 14:55
I'm not following you. Are you upset because you won and got nothing, or that it was a shifter when in the last it was a wheel?

Ian Bell
03-07-2015, 14:59
I'm not following you. Are you upset because you won and got nothing, or that it was a shifter when in the last it was a wheel?

I'm unsure myself. He does appear to be randomly abusing us though.