PDA

View Full Version : Pit crew?

DannyElite
19-06-2015, 20:20
just wondering, when i some beta builds for this game i see pit crew. but atm there arent any did they cancel it?

Bealdor
19-06-2015, 20:23
They'll come in a later update. The animations weren't finished before release.

Roger Prynne
19-06-2015, 20:25
No not canceled but refining them as there is a lot of work to do as each car has to have it's own pit crew.
The cars are of a different length and width plus not all tires are in the same place as are the fueling caps etc etc.
Also there are the different classes in the same race which makes it even more complicated.
They will appear at some time though.

Invincible
19-06-2015, 20:28
No, the pit crew will still be implemented. But they cut it from release because there were too many bugs and it still needed some tweaks to make it fit for every car. Almost every car needs different placement and animations because they all differ in wheelbase, width and tank opening (sorry - I'm missing the correct word) placements.

ninja'd... twice :hopelessness:

oneBIGkicker
19-06-2015, 20:31
Find it funny how quick answers come for pit crews.
Pit crew is just window dressing, make zero difference in game play, I sure hope this is at bottom of to do list
At least below.
# Fixing Track Limits
# Proper Leader board
# Fixing MP for Xbox

Bealdor
19-06-2015, 20:34
Pit crew is just window dressing, make zero difference in game play, I sure hope this is at bottom of to do list
At least below.
# Fixing Track Limits
# Proper Leader board
# Fixing MP for Xbox

Yeah, the Xbox MP fixes are taking longer because the animation artists are busy with the pit crews. :rolleyes:

Nestoche
19-06-2015, 20:35
You know, I did not realize that. Yea, it must take a lot of work to get it right with all the different cars PCars has. Take your time SMS, I'm sure we can live without the pit crew animation.

oneBIGkicker
19-06-2015, 20:36
i think you understood my point.
the are fixing bugs for pit crew as stated above, not the art.

Roger Prynne
19-06-2015, 20:49
At least below.
# Fixing Track Limits
# Proper Leader board
# Fixing MP for Xbox

The guys that fix the Track Limits and the guys that fix the Leaderboards and the guys that fix MP are not the guys that work on pit crews....
Got it now?

oneBIGkicker
19-06-2015, 20:55
well, pull the guys off the pit crews and get them to work/help on something that matters :rolleyes:
Not trying to upset you guys, just found it funny within tem min he got response from WMD,SMS, and Mod for something he could search , and is not a big deal at all.

Roger Prynne
19-06-2015, 20:58
You have no idea how game development works do you.
The Devs specialize in different areas.
So the Devs that are doing the pit crews have no idea how to fix....
Track Limits
Leader board
MP for Xbox

oneBIGkicker
19-06-2015, 21:02
You have no idea how game development works do you.
The Devs specialize in different areas.

did you see the >>>> :rolleyes: <<<< was just a joke.
no i dont, never claimed to.
I do know what is important for a race game, at least for me, and a pit crew ant one of them

Roger Prynne
19-06-2015, 21:03
OK you win.

hkraft300
19-06-2015, 21:12
I wonder if they'll add more people other than your own pit crew
Looks a bit empty out there :)

Johnny_91
19-06-2015, 21:28
I wonder if they'll add more people other than your own pit crew
Looks a bit empty out there :)

And then ? It actually make no sense, when you can`t capture the "business" in pitlane, when you even don`t have control over your own car in the pitlane.

No offence. :friendly_wink:

hkraft300
19-06-2015, 21:38
That's what I mean - throw in some stewards, some engineers on the pit wall, some tool boxes in the garage, other pit crew hanging about waiting for their cars to box...

Plus I like giving my hands a bit of a break when the autopilot kicks in at pit lane.
Gives me time to sort out my pit options too
*sigh* controller life...