PDA

View Full Version : Platform jump!

Bufftheowl
19-06-2015, 21:16
Have bin playing Project Cars on the Xbox One, but today was the first time playing it on a PC and there were a few things I wasn't expecting:

1) The limited edition car pack is available separately from Steam.
2) Didn't expect the sound to be so much better than the Xbox.
3) You can have lap times posted in league tables for any car and not just a class.
4) It ran OK even with all ultra settings. Wasn't expecting that as all I keep reading are posts or reviews complaining about poor graphics performance. Although I am only running a 1080p plasma so VSync is on.

Oh and I got a new fav thing to do; open a single race on any track with just a 90min practice session and the max amount of cars and set it to multi class road cars and voila a simulation of the coolest track day ever.

By the way on a separate note does anyone know how to edit your profile on here I can't find it.

LordDRIFT
19-06-2015, 21:17
Have bin playing Project Cars on the Xbox One, but today was the first time playing it on a PC and there were a few things I wasn't expecting:

3) You can have lap times posted in league tables for any car and not just a class.
4) It ran OK even with all ultra settings. Wasn't expecting that as all I keep reading are posts or reviews complaining about poor graphics performance. Although I am only running a 1080p plasma so VSync is on.

Oh and I got a new fav thing to do; open a single race on any track with just a 90min practice session and the max amount of cars and set it to multi class road cars and voila a simulation of the coolest track day ever.

By the way on a separate note does anyone know how to edit your profile on here I can't find it.

I wanna come too!! Did you build a PC?

Roger Prynne
19-06-2015, 21:23

Control Panel at the top of page, My Settings on the left of that page.

Umer Ahmad
19-06-2015, 21:25
Welcome to the #MasterRace

Yeah please update signature with PC specs. Some good multilplayer groups going on, look around.

LordDRIFT
19-06-2015, 21:51
Anyone have a shopping list for a triple screen ultra capable off the shelve PC that won't break the bank? I'm pc clueless.

Invincible
19-06-2015, 22:42
Triple screen ultra that won't break the bank? Well... depends on your bank. But I think a GTX980 or two GTX970 in SLI is mandatory.

LordDRIFT
19-06-2015, 22:53
Remember I'm a noon I need a package model not a component.. not planning to build.....or maybe I should. .hmm

Bufftheowl
20-06-2015, 09:00
I wanna come too!! Did you build a PC?

Yea it went a lot better than I thought it would. I only had a couple of silly errors or issues:
1) I didn't notice the protective plugs that sit in the mobo's HDMI sockets till way after installing the mobo so trying to pull them out was tricky as they are slightly bigger than the openings in the IO shield. They only just came out without damaging the IO shield. Homer Simpson moment 1!
2) When installing the intel heat sink fan i carried on reading through steps not noticing that I'd got onto the removing steps and turned the fixings. Luckily I noticed and turned them back and made sure the retaining clips had seated properly, if I hadn't the fan/heat sink may had popped off during use. Not good and Homer Simpson moment 2
3) I had to do way less to set up the BIOS than I thought I would have to do. It set my RAM to 1333Mhz so I set it to 1600. The BIOS may have done this automatically as 1333 may have been all that was needed as my GPU has a clock speed of 1228.
4) For the SSD I had to make sure AHCI was enabled as this means TRIM is automatically enable, but you can check it in command prompt if not sure. I also disabled Disk indexing, system protection, defrags, superfetch and prefetch.

So do it! It's not that bad. Here's a good video I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bUghCx9iso&list=WL&index=2