PDA

View Full Version : How do I select a colour?

Destyre
19-06-2015, 21:18
Okay, I got this game yesterday and selecting one of the stock paint jobs for cars is lost on me. I go to My garage, select a car and use the arrows to change the colour scheme. So far so good, except when I then go into career mode or solo race etc, the car colour ingame is different. How do I get the colour scheme to save? I've also tried selecting the colour, then clicking on "create set up" then saving, still doesn't work. I want to do a custom livery eventually but I want to make sure I can actually use it before I spend the time on it.

Devs, when I have to create a forum account just to ask about a simple thing like this after being unsuccessful at finding a solution that works on the internet (many myths flying around, some real legends forming and verging on ridiculous, and nothing anyone suggests works) then you know that there are some improvements to make on the UI.

Disposable_Hero
19-06-2015, 23:09
Hit the green dot next to the arrows to accept the livery selected.

Destyre
19-06-2015, 23:13
Hit the green dot next to the arrows to accept the livery selected.

As I said, that didn't work. Edit: ok I didn't, I meant to. Now I have, doesn't work.

Disposable_Hero
19-06-2015, 23:30
Of course it works, if not there would be thousands of complaints like this.
I suggest you upload a screenshot for each step you do (and marking the UI element clicked).
Then it should be pretty obvious what's wrong here.
Also note that livery is predetermined by your contract in career, you can't choose.
Also the car/livery in my garage is reflecting what you were doing last.

Destyre
19-06-2015, 23:54
Of course it works, if not there would be thousands of complaints like this.
I suggest you upload a screenshot for each step you do (and marking the UI element clicked).
Then it should be pretty obvious what's wrong here.
Also note that livery is predetermined by your contract in career, you can't choose.
Also the car/livery in my garage is reflecting what you were doing last.

DOESN'T. WORK. (not in other game modes either) Why would I spend all this time making an account to complain about this if it had worked? Little green dot, I know what you mean. If you wonder why there aren't more complaints like this, maybe most don't care enough or can't be bothered to make an account on this forum just for that. However, the steam forums have posts about it. I go to my garage, I find the car, do the skin etc, click the dot then go to solo play. Different skin on my car.

PorscheFanatic7
20-06-2015, 01:00
When starting an invitational race series (not the main contract one) in Career mode, there is a "Select Car" option. It is only available before you start/skip the first practice of the first event in the series. Use this option to select your car and color/livery for the series.

I think for other solo modes, you select the car/color in setting up the session.

As has been said, you can't pick the livery for the main series under contract in career.

This is all from memory, so I apologize if there are inaccuracies.

Destyre
20-06-2015, 01:20
When starting an invitational race series (not the main contract one) in Career mode, there is a "Select Car" option. It is only available before you start/skip the first practice of the first event in the series. Use this option to select your car and color/livery for the series.

I think for other solo modes, you select the car/color in setting up the session.

As has been said, you can't pick the livery for the main series under contract in career.

This is all from memory, so I apologize if there are inaccuracies.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Alan Dallas
21-06-2015, 04:07
Okay, I got this game yesterday and selecting one of the stock paint jobs for cars is lost on me. I go to My garage, select a car and use the arrows to change the colour scheme. So far so good, except when I then go into career mode or solo race etc, the car colour ingame is different. How do I get the colour scheme to save? I've also tried selecting the colour, then clicking on "create set up" then saving, still doesn't work. I want to do a custom livery eventually but I want to make sure I can actually use it before I spend the time on it.

Devs, when I have to create a forum account just to ask about a simple thing like this after being unsuccessful at finding a solution that works on the internet (many myths flying around, some real legends forming and verging on ridiculous, and nothing anyone suggests works) then you know that there are some improvements to make on the UI.
You have to set the Car/Livery combo for EACH of the games different modes(Career Invitationals, Quick Race, Free Practice, Time Trial). There is no one Global setting.
And before you go off ranting about it, a Global car/livery selection has been requested and added to the 'would like to do eventually' list for the Devs months ago. Other Priorities in the dev cycle come first. Patience please.