PDA

View Full Version : How to get damage fixed on pit stop

jsykes
20-06-2015, 01:34
I was dong the Le Mans race and had the nose knocked off the car so no headlights. When I pitted, I had all the things for damage at YES to fix. It didnt do anything. I tried twice and no nose replacement giving me lights again. Impossible to do the race without lights. How the hell can you get them fixed at night?

This is entirely stupid.

This game is so good, yet so full of bugs at the same time its getting incredibly frustrating.

Olijke Poffer
20-06-2015, 06:51
I have the same. When I go to the pit and set everything to yes, all what happens is no damage fix. Fuelling, tires chit chat with the crew etc but no damage fixing. They let me drive away with literally only a frame and wheels.

s1yfa
20-06-2015, 11:49
Funnily enough the engineer sometimes says I have broken a light and they are getting a new one ready. Never calls me in for it though and when I do pit nothing is fixed!

nissan4ever
20-06-2015, 12:40
We know pit crew animations are coming. Perhaps that will be implemented with the pit crew animation? The whole front clip comes off as one piece. Maybe it will be implemented shortly :)

Pervasive
20-06-2015, 16:46
Well animinations or not- it would be nice to have lights fixed and other issues regardless. If you racing in a league that has damage it would nice to come into pits and have the items fixed. I'm about to run in an endurance series and this is a bit troubling. Lots can happen in a 90min and 3hour race and I love to see the damaged fixed.

wraithsrike
20-06-2015, 17:12
Did ya'll ever stop to think about it this way? We know pit crew animations are coming. Perhaps that will be implemented with the pit crew animation? You do need people to take old one off & put new one on ya know ;)

If that's the case, that one pit guy we have at the moment is in a league of his own the way he can swap out 4 wheels / tyre's and do a refuel in under 30 seconds, he must work for carlsberg.

jsykes
20-06-2015, 18:08
I couldnt care less about the animations, but when you put hours into a race and then have your lights go out and not be able to continue because of it, its pretty disheartening. I havent seen this mentioned much anywhere in terms of a known bug being fixed, does anyone know if its been acknowledged and in the queue with all the other things to be fixed? Otherwise night racing is simply a shot in the dark. :p

ykiki
21-06-2015, 00:34
Is it a case of your front end has been replaced, but the lights don't work or is it that nothing is fixed at all?

jsykes
21-06-2015, 21:22
Nothing fixed at all. I've had it happen with a GT car where the lights went out upon rear ending a back marker that braked earlier than I expected.

I also had it happen on a prototype when a back marker came over on me in a corner knocking the entire front end off the car. After the pit stop, there was still no front put on the car and therefore no lights.

Dynomight Motorsports
22-06-2015, 04:05
I don't care about the Animations, How about a "Smart" Pitting that recommends stuff and they actually do it??? It's kind of putting the cart before the horse to do Animations and if they aren't going to do the work, is it not???

I've tried to stay out of the pits, but I did have to stop twice today for damage, and both times went flawlessly. I would like to see more stops like that. The AI crew shouldn't cost you a Multi-player race.

Lambo09
22-06-2015, 09:13
I opened a thread about a month ago about the lights not working at le-mans (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27992-Lights-out-at-Le-Mans-24h-endurance) and got told by other people that it has been acknowledged and on the list to be fixed, really annoying racing for nearly an hour and this happening, you would have thought this was an important bug to be fixed racing at night !!!!!

Schnizz58
22-06-2015, 17:37
I don't care about the Animations, How about a "Smart" Pitting that recommends stuff and they actually do it??? It's kind of putting the cart before the horse to do Animations and if they aren't going to do the work, is it not???

I've tried to stay out of the pits, but I did have to stop twice today for damage, and both times went flawlessly. I would like to see more stops like that. The AI crew shouldn't cost you a Multi-player race.
I totally agree about the animations. Not that I don't think it's a cool feature but I'd much rather time be devoted to improving things that affect gameplay rather than more cosmetic features.