PDA

View Full Version : AI tire wear and terrible flag rules have ruined this game for me

ileftmyattackbootsinchina
20-06-2015, 05:29
I've been playing the game on PS4 since its release, I've encountered numerous issues, but none have been game breaking... Until now.

I started the Watkins Glen Endurance race (About 1hr and 40mins long) with X7 tire wear, Full Damage, and Full Flags and Penalties. What followed was ridiculous and ruined the entire race.

Note: I've tested the settings at some other races and the same issues applied

Tire Wear

The race started well, I was in 5th, 1st of the LMP2 cars. For the first 6 laps I raced consistently and eventually started lapping the GT4 and GT3 cars. But around lap 10 the tire wear came into effect, but it only affected the AI. I began passing cars that were driving around on their wheel rims (they were driving incredibly slowly with sparks flying out the sides). They would continue round the track and some would pit and rejoin with fresh tires, but others just continued to race without tires! I went from 5th to 1st with a 2 minute lead in no time. The weirdest thing was that my tires (LMP2 Mediam Slick) were fine, even after 15 laps! And with X7 tire wear, am I expected to believe that these tires would do 105+ laps on standard tire wear?! that's ridiculous!

Flags and Debris

My issue with the flag rules started in Qualifying, an AI car spun out on the last corner, blocking the track. There was no yellow flag, I came around the bend full speed and very nearly collided with it.
Later in the same session, again at the last corner, two GT cars spun into the inside barrier and got stuck. They sat there spinning their wheels, blocking pit entry... again, no flags at all!
At another part on the track, some cones had been strew across the track on one of the back straights, there were no flags and the cones remained in the middle of the road throughout the entire session! I'm pretty sure in reality we'd have a yellow flag and someone would remove the obstacle.
Next up, during the race, a similar cone incident happened. At Watkins Glen there's a set of those big drum barrel cone things (Not sure what they're called) at pit entry. During the race the got knocked over onto pit lane entry, the only way into the pits was to smash through them... Once again, no flags at all.
The only time I got a yellow flag was from a car parked in the gravel.

What started as a fun race, quickly turned into a disaster... I quit after 20 minutes. These same issues have occurred multiple times in other races, but this was by far the worst time it's happened.

anothergameworthspit
20-06-2015, 06:32
Gamers are begining to realize the hype wasnt worth the coin.
the trolls and developers are defending a dissapointing experience.
Ive seen it all b4 with Dice and BF4
Mention Dice these days and people still get hives.
this aint anything new pilgrims, gamers are saying well this is shite while gaming developers get offended and use trolls to stem popular opinion and truth yet none of their tactics are working since gamers understand game developers have simply lost the plot.

FA RACING 01
20-06-2015, 06:37
Thought you said on your other thread you're not listening to mods, trolls .......... anymore. Cant stay away hey.

Bkim
20-06-2015, 06:52
While i still play the game, i recognise the OP's problems. For me those are the major problems i encounter during races. Slow zones would be awesome, but before asking for more, i think there is a lot to do :)

danpinho
20-06-2015, 06:53
I had some issues with tires and gameplay too.
I came here and asked for help, for some tips and infos about what it could be. Maybe it was me, who knows… I reported something I didn't know how to deal with and got some feedbacks. At the end I had at least 10 good answers. IMHO this is "a way" better to contribute with any community. By exchanging information! After reading your posts (#1 and #2) it clearly seems that you are desperate for some attention. You're not even looking for solutions. Sad.

EHM
20-06-2015, 07:17
Come online, the water's mostly fine.

Neil Bateman
20-06-2015, 07:52
Gamers are begining to realize the hype wasnt worth the coin.
the trolls and developers are defending a dissapointing experience.
Ive seen it all b4 with Dice and BF4
Mention Dice these days and people still get hives.
this aint anything new pilgrims, gamers are saying well this is shite while gaming developers get offended and use trolls to stem popular opinion and truth yet none of their tactics are working since gamers understand game developers have simply lost the plot.

Your on a roll, cant wait for your next installment.

Bkim
20-06-2015, 10:03
Come online, the water's mostly fine.

I have raced online a lot in the passed at dedicated race sites servers with strict rules. I agree, racing online is much more intense vs AI racing. The main problem were the race schedules. Racing solo vs AI matches much more my daily schedule.