PDA

View Full Version : Refunded for PCars by MS - sorry it didnt work out

sammyv6s
20-06-2015, 11:01
So after the 1.4 patch and me still not being able to play (read: enjoy) this game at all, MS have kindly refunded me my money for Project Cars. The words from the rep on the phone were that they seem to be getting a lot of requests about this and are honouring the refund.

I don't mean to start this post to bitch at the devs, as I do really love the game. I think its an absolutely fantastic idea and project, but it is far from playable in my eyes and with all these other games coming out (especially f1 2015, forza 6 etc) I feel my money is better spent elsewhere on an experience I can actually enjoy.

I really hope that in a few months or a years time after all the patching, that the game is playable for me and the others who are having issues, and I fully respect the overall goal to build a 'real' racing game. I've just been so disappointed with the constant jerky frame rate, the sluggish and/or touchy controls, the constant need to go into settings and use trial and error to get the game to perform right; as a casual gamer who loves racing games, its just not the experience I want.

Just wanted to drop a line aimed at those who helped me out on other threads to try and get the game to perform right and say thanks for the help and hopefully will see you guys back on the track in PCars in the future, when the game runs as it should! I truly am jealous of those of you who have managed to get the game to work for you!

Ixoye56
20-06-2015, 11:06
Welcome back later !

Stag
20-06-2015, 11:16
Sad words mate.
Its weird shit that it's great for some and not others. I didn't like that the cost of game was same as more finished ones and maybe if it had been just a tenner less people would have been more patient
I'm layed up with a busted ankle (still stamping the brake through the pain)and so have spent hours with settings which maybe I wouldn't have done. But man it was worth it. I've played most sim racers on oc as well and the only one even near it IMO even with the bugs is AC .
Buy it back and ground yourself all w end.

nissan4ever
20-06-2015, 12:31
Why post then? What happens in your house hold is your business. You could decide to be one of those people that live off the grid. That's your business.

FYI, per Ian Bell, the game will get a 14% fps gain in patch 1.5. Remember, the art optimization for the heavy fps hitting tracks comes in patch 1.5.

This pic was posted by Ian Bell at Monaco
25 cars at the start & quickly to 60fps.

Some people have no patience.

ManOfNantucket
20-06-2015, 12:48
Why post then? What happens in your house hold is your business. You could decide to be one of those people that live off the grid. That's your business.

Why post? Perhaps to inform people that a refund can be had? I certainly appriciate hearing this, as I am sure many others will as well. Your post however was not helpful in the least.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 12:51
Sorry, but piffle. We know the return numbers and they're tiny.

Flamebait post. Thread closed.

nissan4ever
20-06-2015, 12:51
Why post? Perhaps to inform people that a refund can be had? I certainly appriciate hearing this, as I am sure many others will as well. Your post however was not helpful in the least.

It wasn't? Even though I point out the improvements coming in patch 1.5. Sure. What it boils down to is, when you think about. Who cares if a individual gave up on a game? People do it all the time on a ton of different games.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 12:52
It wasn't? Even though I point out the improvements coming in patch 1.5. Sure. What it boils down to is, when you think about. Who cares if a individual gave up on a game? People do it all the time on a ton of different games.

He no longer is helping to fund his posts. It's a rude thing to do at best, the information gently squeezed in is also wrong. Our returns are tiny.