PDA

View Full Version : A thank you to you.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:38
Hi guys.

I just want to give a sincere thanks to all of you here who are posting sensibly and responding to issues that others are having in a very generous and patient way.

I want to thank you for spending money on our game and allowing us to do what we enjoy most.

It's the best support system we could possibly have and it's down to all of you who want to make this game the best it can be.

It helps to keep me here despite having to close multiple rants daily (mainly from the same 5 people) and having my mum now search the internet to find I'm a complete and utter [add your own abuse term here!] :)

Please keep it up. I promise we'll return the compliment!

John Hargreaves
20-06-2015, 15:43
In my experience, it‘s best to keep your mother off the internet.

blowfishrulez
20-06-2015, 15:45
Thanks Ian, your commitment to make this place interesting, helpful and entertaining is really inspiring to me. Keep it up, even if its not funny sometimes.

Wayfastwhitey26
20-06-2015, 15:46
Thank you for a phenominal game Ian!!! Yes it needs work, but I'm having a blast. Keep it up! Cant wait for the future updates and dlc!

cornishbrooksy
20-06-2015, 15:48
2000 posts in less than 1.5 months shows the uniqueness of what people get in here.....people need to appreciate this valuable resource and cherish the opportunity, not waste it and drive it away.

Some of the posts in here are exactly why i understand devs don't hang around in support forums for their own games, some are downright disgusting in how to speak to another human......so for Ian to stick around here is downright commendable.

RomKnight
20-06-2015, 15:51
I'm not being as active here as in WMD but yeah... some people really are doing one hell of an effort (as you Ian)

Thank you all and again, for the opportunity

Flins
20-06-2015, 15:51
Keep it up !!
this game still needs work but anyway, it's the best one .
waiting impatiently the future DLC (cars and tracks)

this game became a reference for me !!!

Pcars
20-06-2015, 15:58
Great game with great support from the main people that have brought it to us So I think a thank you goes out to you guys.

Stevesixty7
20-06-2015, 16:02
A big thank you to you too Ian and all at SMS for a great game, very much looking forward to future cars and tracks. :)

jsydave
20-06-2015, 16:06
I'd pretty much been put off of recent gaming by the combined effect of a broken PS3 and a very weak offline career in Forza. And I didn't realise I was missing much.

However, Project Cars has changed that. I'm enthused by racing again and whilst being currently frustrated at the difficulties of setting up a Formula C car to be both drivable and quick I'm loving every second of those frustrations.

Seems from the posts in here that things can only get better too. Love it and every thanks is due to the SMS and WMD folks.

dodge33cymru
20-06-2015, 16:46
I've been involved in the game for years and it hasn't turned out 100% to my liking, but the utmost respect to the team here for everything they've achieved and for explaining each direction taken. I don't envy the job yourself and the moderators have to put up with on here with the level of unconstructive and, at times, personal attacks detracting from those who sensibly want to raise issues, make proposals and discuss the game.

I am getting enjoyment from it and don't regret the initial membership or subsequent purchase and look forward to following further developments and seeing what features are added in future. Along with Kunos, Sector3, ISI, Reiza and 'new' Codemasters, SMS are making it an exciting time to be a PC Sim Racing fan and I've never been more excited about the genre's future.

Sankyo
20-06-2015, 16:50
In my experience, it‘s best to keep your mother off the internet.

How do you know that about Ian's mother?!

Racert246
20-06-2015, 16:58
Thank you and your team for making a game that will give us endless hours of great racing both offline and online.
It's really nice to see you so active on these forums, taking the time to reply to questions and working on improvements.
Looking forward to the things to come.:)

MetheadMan
20-06-2015, 17:02
This has been the racing game I've been waiting for and I have to say I have not been disappointed to the slightest. The bugs that have affected many others have almost been non existent for myself which is great.

We should also give some credit to this awesome online community. I had just started playing a few online races and I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of clean races I had for the first time. We have a ton of class act players in this community and it will help this game in the long run.

Thanks SMS and this great community =D

LADY GEMMA JANE
20-06-2015, 17:03
We all love you Ian :p

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 17:04
We all love you Ian :p

Aww, thanks Miss.

ermo
20-06-2015, 17:05
@Ian:

If you were to describe the experience of fielding problem reports, triaging issues for your team and engaging with your customer base in general, what would you say that you have enjoyed the most/the least? What has surprised you the most/the least?

Has the experience here (coupled with the prior, more 'closed' experience @WMD) informed your decision making in terms of which features players tend to focus on and why they tend to focus on them? Apart from the release issues (which I am going to assume must have taken top priority), have your internal priorities @SMS shifted to any significant extent given the feedback here on this forum?

In my personal opinion, you have been very generous with your time here and I hope that you have found it at least enlightening, if not always rewarding, to engage with the player base. Thank you and long may it continue. :)

David McKenna
20-06-2015, 17:11
Thankyou Ian for giving us what we want :)

SweeetFA
20-06-2015, 17:13
All I need to say is, Keep up the good work. :yes:
You're scratching my itch. :glee:

wraithsrike
20-06-2015, 17:17
Hi guys.

I just want to give a sincere thanks to all of you here who are posting sensibly and responding to issues that others are having in a very generous and patient way.

I want to thank you for spending money on our game and allowing us to do what we enjoy most.

It's the best support system we could possibly have and it's down to all of you who want to make this game the best it can be.

It helps to keep me here despite having to close multiple rants daily (mainly from the same 5 people) and having my mum now search the internet to find I'm a complete and utter [add your own abuse term here!] :)

So what you trying to say?

Cornflex
20-06-2015, 17:27
I never played such a complete racing game like pcars and I love it! :love_heart:
Sometimes I can't keep my patience and want to get the bugs fixed as fast as possible but it's because this game is so good and I don't want to play anything else.

Thanks for all the effort you put in the game every day. :applouse:

Mowzer
20-06-2015, 17:32
Thanks to you Ian and the other people at SMS for making the best game we have had on the xbox for some time 😊. I just wish all the moaners would just think or wait before they post on the forums :(.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 17:33
@Ian:

If you were to describe the experience of fielding problem reports, triaging issues for your team and engaging with your customer base in general, what would you say that you have enjoyed the most/the least? What has surprised you the most/the least?

Has the experience here (coupled with the prior, more 'closed' experience @WMD) informed your decision making in terms of which features players tend to focus on and why they tend to focus on them? Apart from the release issues (which I am going to assume must have taken top priority), have your internal priorities @SMS shifted to any significant extent given the feedback here on this forum?

In my personal opinion, you have been very generous with your time here and I hope that you have found it at least enlightening, if not always rewarding, to engage with the player base. Thank you and long may it continue. :)

I really enjoy the fact that we're doing something new, something fresh. We started this whole project as a highly interactive endeavour and I planned to always ensure it stayed that way.
I very much enjoy interacting with those who have spent money on our game and helping them where I can.
I didn't expect quite so much hassle from a few users who would throw some abuse, be banned and then relog again and again with such determination to repeat the same abuse.

I don't think what we've heard here has altered our decision making in terms of pure feature set but the strength of some complaints have certainly caused us to re-prioritise some things.

Much appreciated ermo.

Plex317
20-06-2015, 17:39
Hey Ian/ Project Cars Team,

You guys really have a great racing game here. I just signed up on the forums a few days ago, and I'm glad I did. For the most part, the community on here is helpful compared to others I've seen and same goes for the support from you guys. I sincerely hope you guys keep working on this game and fixing the bugs that need ironed out... I've played racing games going back to Grand Turismo 2 and this is the first game that has really made me think that the GT series might be in trouble. Just a thought, but how about adding an American Muscle DLC including a 1/4 mile drag strip, like say Lucas Oil Raceway here in Indianapolis, Indiana.... Racing Capital of the world.... Keep up the great work and please add some new cars sooner than later!

Pink_650S
20-06-2015, 17:40
Very kind words, Ian.
Thank you and your team for this great racing experience! :)

jgaganas
20-06-2015, 17:54
I want to join with a big "thank you"! Project Cars is for sure my sim of choice for the years to come...

Roger Prynne
20-06-2015, 17:56
I've learned a lot since being with WMD for the last 3 1/2 years, and I like to think that I'm not only polite (most of the time) but also helpful to other members.
This is the way WMD has shaped us and I would like to think that this will continue with the members on this forum as well.
A lot of people don't read all the threads/posts and I do, so these people don't always see all the nasty comments and trolling especially towards Ian and the Mods.
I think they have done very well to sort out all these pathetic people and make this forum a better place to be.

Thanks Ian.

Outlaw Peet
20-06-2015, 18:04
Hello Ian,

Best racing game ever! And because of you and your team can't go t bed without checking forum posts this is the most cleanest game forum i've ever seen. Thank you for that. I got myself a warning also ... But in the end that is a good thing.

Btw a saw your great advertisment watching F1 austria on sport 1 in the netherlands;)

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 18:05
I've learned a lot since being with WMD for the last 3 1/2 years, and I like to think that I'm not only polite (most of the time) but also helpful to other members.
This is the way WMD has shaped us and I would like to think that this will continue with the members on this forum as well.
A lot of people don't read all the threads/posts and I do, so these people don't always see all the nasty comments and trolling especially towards Ian and the Mods.
I think they have done very well to sort out all these pathetic people and make this forum a better place to be.

Thanks Ian.

That is a great point I didn't consider Roger.

We do delete and close the most abusive of the posts quickly. Therefore few fully see what we're actually responding to/dealing with, or precisely where that has led us in terms of our moderation going forward.

sirsilver1968
20-06-2015, 18:10
Hi guys.

Ian,

You and your team have given us one of the finest racing games period, and I have spent countless hours tinkering tuning and playing online, time trailing and quick races.

Yes there are issues and its very comforting to know that you guys are working to resolve them so on that note I thank you and all your team for all the hard work to bring this beauty of a game to fruition. :)

Nestoche
20-06-2015, 18:24
You have something special here Ian with PCars. Don't let the negative people get you down or upset. Life's too short to get upset. You and your team are doing a great job handling all the issues. We/Us who love the game know you really care about PCars and are trying very hard to get the little nagging issues resolve for everyone. I am confident that within time these issues will be corrected. I have faith in you and your team.

Hang in there Ian and don't give up!

peace!

wraithsrike
20-06-2015, 18:32
The game is in a different league to other console racers as are the developers.

I've never know a head of department that comes on their own game forum and openly chats with the players that deserves respect alone but sadly there will always be those that don't understand the meaning of the word.

Im looking forward to the coming soons and the dlc and will continue to support this venture for many many years God willing.

JessicaWalter
20-06-2015, 18:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erqrqtEv3QM

Robhd
20-06-2015, 18:38
Hi guys.

It helps to keep me here despite having to close multiple rants daily (mainly from the same 5 people) and having my mum now search the internet to find I'm a complete and utter [add your own abuse term here!] :

Indeed... Ian... Your Mom does need to hear you are a complete and utter gentleman, honest geezer and upfront dude... If i ever get the chance to buy you a pint I will consider myself blessed!

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 18:42
Indeed... Ian... Your Mom does need to hear you are a complete and utter gentleman, honest geezer and upfront dude... If i ever get the chance to buy you a pint I will consider myself blessed!

LOL, thanks mate.

Robhd
20-06-2015, 18:49
LOL, thanks mate.

Nope! Serious... We owe you a beer!

When you next hit brum that pint is yours!

WINNERS_CIRCLE24
20-06-2015, 18:53
Thank you for putting countless hours into a game we all enjoy very much!

mcarver2000
20-06-2015, 18:54
Don't fret the idiots, they are everywhere (not just here, but out on the streets). I know it's a pain to try to keep a lid on them, but the rest of us appreciate the effort you, your crew and mods do to keep this a civilized environment. Add to that the many helpful and friendly folks, it's a joy to come and visit, learn and help.

Alan Dallas
20-06-2015, 19:03
Hey Ian,
Next time you go on Holiday to Las Vegas. Hit me up, I'll buy you a beer, or whatever your poison is. :D

Spiny Anteater
20-06-2015, 19:12
One of the things my small group of friends has really commented on with PCars is the degree of interaction from the developers (and Ian especially), particularly when compared to other racing games we've played. Granted there have been issues with the game, but just feeling that the issues are being looked at and addressed puts the whole game in a better light and has certainly encouraged us to overlook them when they arrive.

Keep up the good work, and remember that for 99% of players your responding to questions/comments is an overwhelmingly positive thing.

marcdxn
20-06-2015, 19:15
Is no one else starting to worry about how s**t faced Ian is going to be if a time comes when he can cash in on all these beers he's been offered ;):cool:

FA RACING 01
20-06-2015, 19:19
Great game from a great man with a great team with a great future. Now if only I can get the big man to support the Ferrari team and not Hamilton I"ll be a SMS wookie slave "till death do us part" ;)

Thanks Ian and your team and cheers for things to come.

AngelBrow
20-06-2015, 19:24
Thank you Ian and everyone envolved!
Best game!! Can't wait for all upcoming dlcs and events.

I know my wife to be in 5 weeks is not as appriciant for the game. But she says I deserv my fun hours now and again.

Roger Prynne
20-06-2015, 19:29
Thank you Ian and everyone envolved!
Best game!! Can't wait for all upcoming dlcs and events.

I know my wife to be in 5 weeks is not as appreciation for the game. But she says I deserve my fun hours now and again.

You should get more of that once your married.... (or maybe less) ;)

BanjoMaster
20-06-2015, 19:33
Having seen first hand the hours my mate was putting in towards the launch of the last GTA (his wife and kid literally hardly saw him for about 9 months!), I think I've got a bit of an idea of the amount of sheer blood, sweat, heart, soul and tears you and your team have put into the game up til now. The tiny minority of hardcore trolls, and I'm not going to pretend to understand why they do what they do, masks the huge number of happy fans and supporters you've got now. I was actually expecting it to be worse than it currently is to be honest.

Sooner or later the baddies will all bugger off and this place will settle down to some sort of normality and harmony. Until then, chin up and keep a substantial supply of beer in the fridge!

SchnauzahPowah
20-06-2015, 19:57
You're very most definitely welcome Mr. Bell. The game is good enough to warrant spending $ 500+ on a wheel and sim racing rig. I've played Forza and GT for years with no want or need for one. Issss guuuhdd

McCloud888
20-06-2015, 20:05
I bought the game on Xbox one, after the 1.4 patch and the interaction from Ian Bell, I have now purchased it for the PC also.
Thanks for a great game a d thanks to you and your team for improving it in a timely fashion.

MikeyTT
20-06-2015, 20:38
I've been involved in betas before, but nothing like this where you get a view into the development world and can get personal replies to queries from the dev team themselves.

I've enjoyed the ride so far and it has actually changed my life; well at least in the short term. Why??

As one of the guys that's been developing apps, I've been pretty much glued to my dev machine. Even tonight when my better half is at a BBQ, I offered my apologies, as I REALLY wanted to get the next version of my app readied and into the public domain. I've spent hundreds of hours developing it, and I'm sure there are many more hours to come.

If it wasn't for what I saw in pCars, when I first fired it up a few years back, I wouldn't be doing this. I for one have tried AC, iRacing, GTR2 and GPL, and now nothing compares to the feeling of really racing to this at present.

Awesome job, and my thanks to the, often forgotten, developers and to Ian and the back office peeps.

C6ckneyGeezer
20-06-2015, 20:42
Great game. Great team. Keep it up lads!

CHEN255
20-06-2015, 20:47
Thank-you Ian, the team at SMS and WMD for bringing this great game to consoles. I will continue my support by purchasing all the dlc which is on its way to us and I look forward to the constant improvements with future patches.
You have actually saved me money because I have no need to buy any other tarmac based racer now because PCars ticks all the boxes for me.
Your interaction with us on these forums is wonderful and very much appreciated.
I truly feel that I'm a part of the wider PCars community via these forums and being able to communicate with SMS staff and WMD members.

mister dog
20-06-2015, 20:53
Group hug! http://z3.ifrm.com/253/91/0/e391791/e391791.gif

NEPALII
20-06-2015, 21:04
Even though pCars has its problems and has a long way ahead to become THE SIM, in my opinion, I have to say, the support that the SMS team has given is unbelievable, specially Ian.

Never have I seen this much support from a developer and I have never seen a developer interact with everyone else in the way Ian has. Sometimes he's not the nicest guy ;) but I know he means well. It's understandable.

If there is one game I have faith on, is pCars. Now, don't disappoint me. :p

nhraracer
20-06-2015, 21:07
Your welcome Ian and thank you. :)

OnyxD
20-06-2015, 21:32
Just logged off after the best online race I've ever had, so good and clean racing all the way! thank you SMS

LemonVTS
20-06-2015, 21:39
I want to thank you and everyone else on the team for standing so close to the community.:) something you don't see very often.

DECATUR PLAYA
21-06-2015, 00:01
This interaction that you have created here is awesome. It can be brutal but it seems you got what it takes to handle it Ian. I will be playing this until pcars2. Great job. Keep up the hard work. Really looking forward to the future of this game.

Underground racers stand up.

Bouyo
21-06-2015, 00:11
Thank you for the amazing game. It's streets ahead of the competition and a real inspiration.

stux
21-06-2015, 00:14
I wasn't present for the gestation, but it's been amazing being at the birth of the next major racing franchise.

Congrats Ian and your team, you have something special.

girlracerTracey
21-06-2015, 00:42
I think we are the ones who should be thanking you..not the other way round.

From what I have seen of this forum so far this is quite a special place and your dedication to the cause is obvious Ian. That goes for your "team" at SMS and the WMD guys also.

Don't care what any one else says..actions speak louder than words to me!

Best to everyone on the forum, grT :friendly_wink:

KingTiger80
21-06-2015, 01:02
Thanks for these nice words Ian. I just can repeat what I have said numerous times before. You and your team did an excellent job.

I have tried nearly every racing game/ sim in the last 20 years. But none of these had the well balanced visual, audio, game play and community experience of Project Cars. I have never played such a motivating racing sim with these high potential before ;)

Especially the way you and your team communicate with the community makes PC to a very special project in a positive way :cool:

Keep up the great work!

Greetings from Germany ;)

GamingCanuck
21-06-2015, 01:04
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 confirmed if Ian likes my post.

Ranger099
21-06-2015, 01:13
Great game, most fun I've had driving in years. Impressed that the developer spends so much time on the forum - shows how much you care. Keep it up!

Straightlaced84
21-06-2015, 01:56
Thank you, Ian, and thanks to the rest of the SMS crew and everyone who made this game a reality.

I am loving it. And I know several others who are too. I wish you all continued success. I look forward to the future of Project Cars.

yusupov
21-06-2015, 01:56
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 confirmed if Ian likes my post.

who cares about huracan gt3 when godzilla is still out there....http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/news/480/nissan-takes-maiden-win-at-circuit-paul-ricard

Andersonxr3
21-06-2015, 02:16
Great game, most fun I've had driving in years. Impressed that the developer spends so much time on the forum - shows how much you care. Keep it up!

Totally agree. Don't have any other word to add here.

Umer Ahmad
21-06-2015, 02:18
Godzilla and Corvette C7.R, only 2 cars I want in this game. I do not care about any other car besides these 2 amazing racing machines of our time.

Hey look a Car Request thread now!

Raven403
21-06-2015, 03:44
Godzilla and Corvette C7.R, only 2 cars I want in this game. I do not care about any other car besides these 2 amazing racing machines of our time.

The C7R please please please please

Oh and Thank YOU Ian and SMS for creating a truly great game with huge potential. Your responses to the problems and quick release of patches quickly calmed my initial worries at launch and it's been nice being able to help others and try and make the game better through the forum. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, on both Xbox and PC.

Cheers!

yopp90
21-06-2015, 03:55
I find this to be one of the best video game forums I've come across. I love the game, I love the game developers directly contributing to the discussion of the game and the humor the devolpers show cracks me up. This is also one of the first games I will happily buy all dlc and whatever extras come out for it. I can't wait for pcars2

321Respawn
21-06-2015, 04:06

Look at thread hijacked .
Anyway just want to say this is the first racing game where I have actually enjoyed the online portion of the game even with some of the problem drivers out there .
I havn't gotten into the career mode yet as I want to wait until all parts are working perfectly as I am sure they will be in the future .
Ian thanks for being a pro active developer and staying in touch with us .I remember how frustrating it was trying to get anything out of other studios so we appreciate the effort you make .

Konan
21-06-2015, 04:18
Since i have this game,my interest in other games has dropped gigantically.
So on top off this being a fantastic game,it actually is saving me money! Lol
Thanks to all involved in creating this amazing experience!

Neil Hopwood
21-06-2015, 04:35
Since i have this game,my interest in other games has dropped gigantically.

I know the feeling, but I've been at this 3.5 years.

Really the only other game I find myself playing on a regular basis is Kerbal Space Program.

Konan
21-06-2015, 04:44
I know the feeling, but I've been at this 3.5 years.

Really the only other game I find myself playing on a regular basis is Kerbal Space Program.

Don't know that one since i'm on ps4 but a couple of weeks ago i bought the order 1886 and have yet to start it...

Voxen
21-06-2015, 07:51
Thank you Ian, its just awesome to see a head of studio guy taking the time to read and reply to so many posts here. I have so much faith in this game and I can't wait to project myself 6 months ahead where most of the issues are addressed. You guys have done an incredible work, you deserve much respect for that. Please don't get demotivated by the haters, there are thousand of happy customers here who enjoy your game every day!

leadfooted
21-06-2015, 08:29
Thank you too Ian! And also thanks to all members of your team!

I'm pleasantly surprised about the game, haven't thought it would be that great! Don't listen to the haters, they'll always gonna bash about something, the last majority likes playing your game very much!
Sure, there is (like always) space for improvements and new tracks, cars and features are also nice, but the people should appreciate more what they already have - a really great racing sim!

I like the overall approach of Project Cars
the combination of phyics model and car handling is already the best one i've seen in racing games
the huge amount of available options is remarkable (especially weather, car setup, gameplay, camera and control options)
and the range and variety of the tracks and cars is just great

For me personally, it doesn't takes much more to call it the best racing sim made till the present day!*(if you like, you can see my thoughts on that below)

So, again, thank you SMS for that great game! I haven't had that much fun with a racing sim since a long long time!

*[I know, off-topic, but just so show how close I think project cars is to reach the throne:
1. option for mandatory pit stops with tire change and pit window
2. feature to create own championships (I hope that's behind the "coming soon"-button in the main menu)
3. some bug fixes here and there (haven't any doubts about that, and from what i've read you guys are already on all the needed fixes)
I would be pleased to hear from you Ian, a little hint for the chances of those two features; are they likely to come in the future or not? :rolleyes:]

Luke Townsend
21-06-2015, 08:50
Thank you for your thank you, Ian! :) Honestly I never, ever expected the head of studio to be so, so active as you've been here! Crazily good of you to talk with the players as much as you do, and as straight-forwardly as you do as well. Remember, it's the silent majority quietly enjoying this masterpiece of a game that never say anything. I work with people in a creative line of work and it's always the same - mainly only hear from the few who don't like what you are doing and you can never please them whatever you do. They are only happy when they are unhappy, if that makes sense. :D

This game is stormingly good! :) The underlying really hard stuff to get right that is fundamental to a racing game - physics, force feedback, AI, weather, graphics, grip levels, netcode - is already incredible! It's really just the twiddly, periphery bits in places still to be enhanced and they have already improved with the last patch. And this game will be even more phenomenal than it already is! :) :) :)

Anyway, enough time typing! Off now to play a bit more Project Cars! :)

Invincible
21-06-2015, 09:11
If Ian were to cash in his "I'll buy you a pint-invitations" he would be wasted from now till the end of days. ;)

@Ian, I would even get you a whole cask of Guinness.

GamingCanuck
21-06-2015, 12:06

I'll take all 3, more GT3 cars the better.

mister dog
21-06-2015, 12:19
who cares about huracan gt3 when godzilla is still out there....http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/news/480/nissan-takes-maiden-win-at-circuit-paul-ricard

Bloody hell; i was going to watch the re run at youtube when i had the time. Thanks for the spoiler yusupov http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/smiley.gif

Psychomatrix
21-06-2015, 12:40
Thx for this post and keep the good work :) one reason that i love this game is that i know that some or maybe many of sms have a mod background. That was great times when i played the gtr mod vor f1 2002 and later f1 challenge. And I remember the time I'm waiting for gt legends that i can drive cars that other racing games never supports. For example the great capri rs. I know you do the best. i think every single member of the company are important and you can really feel that the guys really love their job and a huge motorsport fans. So a big thx to sms and to you ian

Mr.Smoke
21-06-2015, 12:45
Ive been gaming for about 20 years now & never could have imagined seeing a head of studio & the team have such direct interaction with the customers. Its simply unheard of from my experiences and something that has been lacking in the gaming industry.

SMS has truly broken the mold, and set a new benchmark at the same time. You guys should all be very proud of yourselves. A big thanks to everyone at SMS, WMD & the mods here for everything you have all done to contribute to this magnificent project we get so much enjoyment from.

Gamingoneasy
21-06-2015, 12:59
Great game, Great Forum, thanks to all involved.:cool:

Yubster99
21-06-2015, 14:05
Ian and SMS Team,

I've been an ardent sim racer for more years than I care to count. Congratulations on PCARS, I think you guys have built a worthy successor to GTR2, which I have defended over the years as the benchmark for sports car racing sims, even though it's been around for almost a decade. I'm hoping that we'll eventually get the ability to hand-craft custom race weekends (with mixed classes, no less), that is still one of my favorite features of GTR2, adds so much to the replay value. It was fun for me to participate in the development process for PCARS, if and when you start another crowd funding effort for PCARS2, count me in. I'm also hoping that at some point, SMS will open up the game and allow user mods, there have been some epic mods for GTR2 over the years, it would be great to see that tradition continue with PCARS.

Best regards,

Mark G.

Dreco
21-06-2015, 14:07
Keep pushing.

Project CARS is the best racing game on the market.

nomen nescio
21-06-2015, 15:02
Hi guys.

Please keep it up. I promise we'll return the compliment!No-o ....... thank you!

Angst1974
21-06-2015, 17:00
No time to rant , playing too much Project Cars

Faston
21-06-2015, 17:43
Thank you Ian for your words and especially for this excellent job to you and all the staff.
I come from the time GP2 , Grand Prix Legends, rFactor or GTR and never dreamed something like this ... Pcars has renewed my interest (and of course my comuter) for simulation racing again!
Thanks to all involved on this amazing game.

KK78
21-06-2015, 17:51
Thank you Ian, you, the SMS team, WMD and those running this forum have put together a great experience and an ambitious one at that! A proper sim on consoles is quite a feat and I for one sincerely hope this is just the beginning of years of petrol head porn :)

falm
21-06-2015, 18:17
Dear Ian and Project Cars Team,
you implemented simply the best single player racing experience I've seen so far.
Yes, there are a few bug's but judging from other posts you are aware an work on solutions.

Also love your "on Demand" program, balancing free and pay DLC. The BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT3 was a nice add to an already interesting car list.

Cheers Markus

hybrid.art
21-06-2015, 19:38
Well Ian, you brought a team of extremely talented people together and you invited us to watch you guys do your black magic.
I enjoyed every part of this whole journey and I think it has to be said, that you proved to me and allot of others,
that there are still trustworthy developers with a bold vision and the esprit to make it happen.

I honestly can't wait for the things to come, but the good thing is that you guys can't kill our favourite character when I say: do write the damn sequel!

Sankyo
21-06-2015, 19:55
Group hug! http://z3.ifrm.com/253/91/0/e391791/e391791.gif

Ew.

MonoBarrientos
22-06-2015, 04:01
thanks to you and sorry for my first posts
Saludos

m3lover1
22-06-2015, 07:03
Thanks Ian for making this game suck, and boy does it suck a lot.

And by suck I obviously mean sucking up a whole bunch of my free, and unfree, time! :D

Continue the good work sir!

UTA58
27-06-2015, 12:12
I find this, however, nice:cool:

Willyp03
28-06-2015, 02:18
I hate how the negative always splashes louder than the positive but I for one can't get enough of this game and I commend the whole staff for the amazing product and support!