PDA

View Full Version : Proposal to let me chose if I want variable weather.

justsyr
20-06-2015, 16:39
I'm tired of it. I'm sure probably everybody likes it, I did like it but enough is enough. Every. Damn. Race. Long race, short race, formula cars, stock cars, street cars... stop it. Please.
It is interesting, it is challenging, but currently is not working so either remove it or let me chose if I want variable weather or full weather.
How is not working? Well, AI doesn't stop, AI doesn't care about wet or dry circuit despite last patch.
I just started a Pagani invitational race at Le Mans (I play career). Set it for 4 laps. Lap 3 starts to rain. I didn't make it to pits, it's annoying, car doesn't even move forward, only in circles, meanwhile AI keeps at 300 km/h. Set race to 1 lap, AI to 0%. After Esses it starts to rain, by Indianapolis it rains heavily, I can barely keep the car on track, I tried to keep going but it's impossible. Meanwhile AI keeps running like nothing. Restart. Try to chose rain tyres only to find some Pirelli names for tyres... Oh auto for weather? Not good since race starts "medium cloud". Also, don't you dare stepping just half tyre on the grass, first you get invalid lap (even more ridiculous the fact that you get the next one invalid too far back as Porsche curve) then car can't be recovered until for some obscure rule goes out, hits the wall (INVALID LAP YOU HIT SOMETHING!). However, you can see AI cruising around you, by the grass, wonder if they get invalid laps too...
As I said, it's all nice, cute, but I'm really tired of it. I have limited time to play, I loved the game, I paid for all the extras but today I'm really frustrated because I might be a noob or casual or whatever but when I fail to progress because of me, I get to keep trying to improve and really feel challenged but when I'm stuck (I don't want to skip the race, why should I?) because stupid coding it makes me want to think twice whenever the developer tries to sell me a DLC or even the next game.
Here are some pics. (Edited my name out) Rain. Rain. Freaking rain.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 16:42
You can choose (unless you're referring to career of course).

Ai speed and pitstop behaviour is much improved in the new upcoming patch.

justsyr
20-06-2015, 16:59
I play career mode. Will edit to reflect that. Sorry.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 17:01
I play career mode. Will edit to reflect that. Sorry.

Ahh, gotcha. Fair enough. We worked it to add variety and show off our strong points (the dynamic aspects!) which we think are some of the best aspects in the game.

I totally get though that they won't fully shine until we well, shine/polish them to the fullest extent.

We're on it.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 17:02
And I know this isn't helpful but some of your screenies look damn fine :)

justsyr
20-06-2015, 17:10
And I know this isn't helpful but some of your screenies look damn fine :)

And they are compressed! The game is gorgeous in many aspects. I've been playing racing games since early 90s and this might be the first one with nice dynamic weather (Codies F1 has it too) but as the F1 game, AI doesn't work as it should. I coded for tracks for some games back a few years and I know it might be a pain to get AI cars react to weather, perhaps giving the full track grass surface traction? Also, AI shouldn't be as fast as on track when going outside the track, they just slow because a wall is coming or something but in many tracks, it seems that the "track limit" is way too wide.
Anyway, I'm not qualified to trying to teach you anything. It's a great job you people did. If only the rain... the freaking rain...

It seems there's a limit, here's the race start with "medium cloud".

NemethR
20-06-2015, 18:30
Racing in the rain is in face as much part o Motorports as is overtaking.
But if you lower the Ai, and give it a try more slowly, you WILL get used to it.

I actually really like it, its one of the best aspects of the game.

Ian, as for late career mode, when we already won everything we want to win, would there be a possibility to make some randomisation?!
For example, after the 3rd season in the same championship a track gets replaced (randomly) for another one, weather gets randomised, etc.?

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 18:32
But if you lower the Ai, and give it a try more slowly, you WILL get used to it.

Ian, as for late career mode, when we already won everything we want to win, would there be a possibility to make some randomisation?!
For example, after the 3rd season in the same championship a track gets replaced (randomly) for another one, weather gets randomised, etc.?

We have more variety on the way for those that want it.

flymar
20-06-2015, 18:56
Ian, maybe the "weather devs" could look at this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32056-Proposal-for-a-system-of-intelligently-randomised-weather-simulation)? IMO it's quite fun and simple enough system.

Schnizz58
20-06-2015, 19:19

I didn't think I would but I do. It'll be much better once they tweak the AI's abilities in the rain to make it more fair. Right now they have a big advantage in the wet but I know the guys are on it.

justsyr
20-06-2015, 19:48
Oh boy. Really? I just spent the only time I could use to play restraining myself from breaking something. This is not what I paid for. Yes, great game but somehow I got the worse of it. I DON'T WANT RAIN IN EVERY RACE. Sorry.

Klondike68
20-06-2015, 20:46
I agree with the OP.

And option to turn off the weather scripts in carrer mode would be a great adition to the game.

Then those who like to play in rain every other race can do so. and those of us who prefer dry races most of the time can get that too.

Simple every one is happy :-)

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 20:55
I agree with the OP.

And option to turn off the weather scripts in carrer mode would be a great adition to the game.

Then those who like to play in rain every other race can do so. and those of us who prefer dry races most of the time can get that too.

Simple every one is happy :-)

Simple indeed :)

Plus 4 months coding, playtesting, balancing etc.

justsyr
20-06-2015, 21:21
4 months ... coding for taking the rain out or adding a choice to not having it? Wow.
As it is for now, it just add something cute to the game and a hurdle for the human player, at least me, probably the only one, mediocre player... that has enough with rain... every race... And really, AI keeps working as if there's no rain, it only affects me.
I mean, great work and all, but telling me that you can't take the rain out from career while THERE's THAT option in whatever other kind of racing it just blows my mind. Can you add custom championship at least? Or that'll take 4 more months of coding?
I know it's not the same, but F1 game has this rain problem and the guys got a tiny mod that removed and lowered the rain chance. But hey, what would I know!

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 21:22
4 months ... coding for taking the rain out or adding a choice to not having it? Wow.
As it is for now, it just add something cute to the game and a hurdle for the human player, at least me, probably the only one, mediocre player... that has enough with rain... every race...
I mean, great work and all, but telling me that you can't take the rain out from career while THERE's THAT option in whatever other kind of racing it just blows my mind. Can you add custom championship at least? Or that'll take 4 more months of coding?
I know it's not the same, but F1 game has this rain problem and the guys got a tiny mod that removed and lowered the rain chance. But hey, what would I know!

Yes. Although you conveniently missed the rest of my reasons why it would take 4 months.

Stay mind blown, keep quoting minor sections out of context.

You certainly know how not to read what I'm saying.

mister dog
20-06-2015, 21:24
Simple indeed :)

Plus 4 months coding, playtesting, balancing etc.

A like from Doug there, i guess he was already getting worried lol

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 21:25
As it is for now, it just add something cute to the game and a hurdle for the human player, at least me, probably the only one, mediocre player... that has enough with rain... every race... And really, AI keeps working as if there's no rain, it only affects me.

I've just reread your post dripping in sarcasm and nuance. I've read all your other posts also.

We're not here to listen to your crap mate. Go somewhere else.

Bye

Doug914
21-06-2015, 01:16
A like from Doug there, i guess he was already getting worried lol
;)
I want it as much as anyone, but nothing's easy as Ian stated....and there are other priorities.

ciderman9000000
21-06-2015, 03:43
;)
I want it as much as anyone, but nothing's easy as Ian stated....and there are other priorities.

I think the fella's point is that surely it's easier to add the option to turn off weather in career mode than it is to get the AI to pay attention to weather.

Since SMS have clearly demonstrated that they haven't a clue how to achieve the latter then they may as well do the former.

If it takes four months of coding to press a button for permanent clear weather then, sheeeeeet, we'll be here until we all have long beards and zimo-frames before the AI works in anything like a reasonable manner when it rains.

Like the OP says. The career mode is broke and entirely unfair. Does anyone contest that? Seriously?

Just give us the option of turning off weather. If it takes four months, that's slow, but we waited patiently for years with this game on pre-order, so four more months ain't gonna do any harm when it boils down to either that or putting blind faith in all the 'Don't worry, we've fixed this in v1.3, I mean 1.4, oh I mean 1.5, it's a known issue for 1.6, we've got it nailed now in 1.7, serious we've fixed it now for 1.8, it'll all work fine in 1.9, hey, you wanna pay good money for pCars 2.0? We know what we're doing now, honestly.'

Alan Dallas
21-06-2015, 03:54
I think the fella's point is that surely it's easier to add the option to turn off weather in career mode than it is to get the AI to pay attention to weather.

Since SMS have clearly demonstrated that they haven't a clue how to achieve the latter then they may as well do the former.

If it takes four months of coding to press a button for permanent clear weather then, sheeeeeet, we'll be here until we all have long beards and zimo-frames before the AI works in anything like a reasonable manner.
If you're such a hot shot at coding, you do it. Come on. Lets see it. Put your money where your mouth is. Post some code that SMS can integrate into the engine without making one change to it and it just works if it's so easy.

FuriousDemon
21-06-2015, 04:36
He won't be posting much. At least not after Ian wakes up and slams down the ban-hammer.

Klondike68
21-06-2015, 05:17
@Ian

I find it problematic that you ban every user who is not in agrement with you.

This is not the first thread where you ban people for very light reason. Mostly people who is only here on the forum to post their opinions of the game and want to give it on to further improve the game.

Be carefull that your succes will not lead to you get to far away from reality.

You should be more open minded and humble to the customers opinons, conserns and involvment in the forum. Rather than acting like a chield and ban people who does not have the same opinion as you do.

I am a programmer too. I know adding new features is not something you do in just a minut. But if there are enough people requesting a feature it is IMO something that should be considered rather than just baning people for sugesting it. And with that being sayd I also doubt how it would take 4 month to just have and option of turning the dynamic weather off in carrer mode.

FA RACING 01
21-06-2015, 05:27
This reminds me of watching rugby. Spectators on the pavilion are always the best selectors, coaches and even sometime players.

Sometimes one just have to trust the selectors and coach, for good and for bad.

Lars Rosenquist
21-06-2015, 07:30
@Ian

I find it problematic that you ban every user who is not in agrement with you.Can you post some examples? Because as far as I have seen, no one is banned for having a different opinion. Deliberately misquoting, abusive, trolling, lying, etc. users: yes, those are removed quite quickly.

wedge_a
21-06-2015, 07:40
To be honest, I would like to be able to adjust weather in career mode too. It frustrates me to no end that race meet has rain, and that its totally unpredictable as to when it will start and finish. Ian, is there any chance an option might be implemented in the future? Or is SMS pretty much settled that weather in career with be out of user control?

Kitt
21-06-2015, 09:07
I just want custom championships,then I can choose my own weather,and never have to touch career again :)

Aldo Zampatti
21-06-2015, 09:59
@Ian

I find it problematic that you ban every user who is not in agrement with you.

This is not the first thread where you ban people for very light reason. Mostly people who is only here on the forum to post their opinions of the game and want to give it on to further improve the game.

Be carefull that your succes will not lead to you get to far away from reality.

You should be more open minded and humble to the customers opinons, conserns and involvment in the forum. Rather than acting like a chield and ban people who does not have the same opinion as you do.

I am a programmer too. I know adding new features is not something you do in just a minut. But if there are enough people requesting a feature it is IMO something that should be considered rather than just baning people for sugesting it. And with that being sayd I also doubt how it would take 4 month to just have and option of turning the dynamic weather off in carrer mode.

Bans are for those people who really deserves that. Some of them are re-register guys that we can spot actually.

Regarding features, i can relate that "Ian's secret list" of community requedted features is pretty long already. Search his posts using the keyword "add this to my list" when a contious user (or a group of them) make request in the proper way.

So i see nothing to be worried about here ;-)

ciderman9000000
21-06-2015, 10:01
If you're such a hot shot at coding, you do it. Come on. Lets see it. Put your money where your mouth is. Post some code that SMS can integrate into the engine without making one change to it and it just works if it's so easy.

When did I claim to be a hotshot at coding? Do you think it's unreasonable to expect the dev team to have done the coding prior to the game's general release? Are you suggesting that, despite the fact that SMS have failed to release a working product, those who have paid good money regardless should just keep their mouths shut unless they know themselves how to fix it?

He won't be posting much. At least not after Ian wakes up and slams down the ban-hammer.

Banned for what? Voicing my frustrations?

You haven't answered my original question, you know. Do you contest the fact that the game's career mode is broken and entirely unfair? Do you find the OP's complaints to be unjustified?

As somebody who bought the game first and foremost for the career mode, to find that it's virtually unplayable due to the AI's ridiculous behaviour in the wet, the legitimacy of the experience entirely compromised, the disappointment genuinely pains me. I'd had this game on pre-order for 18 months prior to release, and though I'm a poor man I paid full retail price for the digital download on day one. To find then that said career mode just doesn't work to anything like an acceptable standard for all the reasons mentioned in the OP, I'm gutted, mate. So SMS will take these complaints from myself and everyone else in the same boat on the chin and perhaps learn from them.

Don't release broken games.

mister dog
21-06-2015, 10:14
Banned for what? Voicing my frustrations?

You haven't answered my original question, you know. Do you contest the fact that the game's career mode is broken and entirely unfair? Do you find the OP's complaints to be unjustified?

As somebody who bought the game first and foremost for the career mode, to find that it's virtually unplayable due to the AI's ridiculous behaviour in the wet, the legitimacy of the experience entirely compromised, the disappointment genuinely pains me. I'd had this game on pre-order for 18 months prior to release, and though I'm a poor man I paid full retail price for the digital download on day one. To find then that said career mode just doesn't work to anything like an acceptable standard for all the reasons mentioned in the OP, I'm gutted, mate. So SMS will take these complaints from myself and everyone else in the same boat on the chin and perhaps learn from them.

Don't release broken games.
Yes but don't say SMS doesn't have a clue and make them look like a bunch of incompetents like you did on the last page, that's disrespectful to say the least and it's those things that get people banned.

ciderman9000000
21-06-2015, 11:39
Fair enough, it shouldn't have used those words. I was drunk and I apologise.

Respect is a two way thing though usually and I similarly feel disrespected in that I feel like I've been conned into paying full RRP to beta-test a game that doesn't work. It isn't the first time that's happened, but that's no excuse; if anything that makes it worse because developers know by now how much it pisses people off and yet they go ahead and do it regardless.

Am I confident that patch 1.5 will eventually get things right? No I'm not, for what have we seen thus far that would inspire such confidence? Will the game work properly in six months time perhaps then? Again, who knows? Will they ever get it right? Who knows. I know I'm not getting my money back, that's for sure, and I know that I didn't sign up for this when I put my card details in. I'm not even playing the game at all right now, I'm just sat waiting on promises of future updates that might make it playable, but equally might not.

I'm sure many out there can relate to this feeling of frustration.

mister dog
21-06-2015, 11:58
Fair enough, it shouldn't have used those words. I was drunk and I apologise.

Respect is a two way thing though usually and I similarly feel disrespected in that I feel like I've been conned into paying full RRP to beta-test a game that doesn't work. It isn't the first time that's happened, but that's no excuse; if anything that makes it worse because developers know by now how much it pisses people off and yet they go ahead and do it regardless.

Am I confident that patch 1.5 will eventually get things right? No I'm not, for what have we seen thus far that would inspire such confidence? Will the game work properly in six months time perhaps then? Again, who knows? Will they ever get it right? Who knows. I know I'm not getting my money back, that's for sure, and I know that I didn't sign up for this when I put my card details in. I'm not even playing the game at all right now, I'm just sat waiting on promises of future updates that might make it playable, but equally might not.

I'm sure many out there can relate to this feeling of frustration.

Yeah i'm also a bit frustrated about some features being bugged and incomplete, but i'm also confident that in 6 months time we will have a great all round racing game, and for sure it will have been worth the money we payed at launch.

But you're right though, times have changed and as devs can patch games afterwards, sacrifices are made in order to make release dates. That's something general nowadays so in a sense it's not very wise as a consumer to pre order games or buy them at launch. Better wait half a year and pick them up at a cheaper price when everything is patched so you can actually enjoy the experience like it was meant to be.

jack1984
21-06-2015, 12:55
Yeah i'm also a bit frustrated about some features being bugged and incomplete, but i'm also confident that in 6 months time we will have a great all round racing game, and for sure it will have been worth the money we payed at launch.

But you're right though, times have changed and as devs can patch games afterwards, sacrifices are made in order to make release dates. That's something general nowadays so in a sense it's not very wise as a consumer to pre order games or buy them at launch. Better wait half a year and pick them up at a cheaper price when everything is patched so you can actually enjoy the experience like it was meant to be.

Completely agree with you at this point. I game since the 8-bit era and this generation is embarrassing when it comes to unfinished games from even triple A studio's. So I don't preorder or buy games at launch anymore, but first read reviews and comments. If it is a bug fest, it is just better to wait a couple a months to get a smoother experience (or even a workable product)...and a cheaper game.

FuriousDemon
21-06-2015, 13:18
Yes but don't say SMS doesn't have a clue and make them look like a bunch of incompetents like you did on the last page, that's disrespectful to say the least and it's those things that get people banned.

Pretty much this. Voicing concerns and suggesting improvements is welcome and appreciated, but being disrespectful is not.

RacingAtHome
21-06-2015, 21:40
I haven't played the game myself yet, sadly. Although, I would rather have an adventurous game like this one with a few bugs and patches to fix them rather than have an unadventurous game without many bugs like GT6 has.

ciderman9000000
21-06-2015, 22:56
See if you feel the same when the AI are flying past you like rockets in the rain and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop them.

SPOILER ALERT: It rains a lot!