PDA

View Full Version : Swapped my XBone for a PS4 and i'm lovin' it!!!

sergiumtz
20-06-2015, 17:45
I like gaming, but i'm not a hardcore gamer. Since PCars came out, I can honestly say this is all i've been playing.

With that being said, the XB version was so buggy, mainly the internet connectivity, freezed way too many times, kept on disconnecting me from the race, it was a REAL struggle to find a server, etc. So I jumped ship and bought a PS4 and man oh man... do I love my PCars now. Barely any freezes, NEVER disconnected me since I bought the damn thing, etc.

Is it just me or is this game much better on the PS4 than on the XBone?

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 17:47
Just a word to say we're using exactly the same code and systems on both formats.

sergiumtz
20-06-2015, 17:55
I thought they're the same, but for some reason, the XBone version is a bit too glitchy

EMW Simmo
20-06-2015, 17:56
I like gaming, but i'm not a hardcore gamer. Since PCars came out, I can honestly say this is all i've been playing.

With that being said, the XB version was so buggy, mainly the internet connectivity, freezed way too many times, kept on disconnecting me from the race, it was a REAL struggle to find a server, etc. So I jumped ship and bought a PS4 and man oh man... do I love my PCars now. Barely any freezes, NEVER disconnected me since I bought the damn thing, etc.

Exactly what i was thinking...Only owned xbox because the old playstations were pants and for Forza....
But now its the total opposite n Forza is pants lol....only concern is the pad/controller.
But im really thinking about it, if the next xbone update does nothing major from microsoft it time to jump ship.

sergiumtz
20-06-2015, 17:57
As for Forza, I know it's coming but i didn't even blink when swapped my XBone for the PS4

danowat
20-06-2015, 17:58
So the "slow clock bug" should be the same between the PS4 and XBO then?

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 18:01
So the "slow clock bug" should be the same between the PS4 and XBO then?

Whatever then.

danowat
20-06-2015, 18:04
Whatever then.

It was a question?, there are reports, on the Xbox one, that when the frame rate heads south the timers also follows suit, so the players laptimes reduce (complex physics), while the AI laptimes stay the same (simple physics).

I've tried to see if the PS4 version suffers the same, and can't come to a definitive conclusion.

Mowzer
20-06-2015, 18:06
Personally I've not had all the issues that everyone else have been reporting other than the controller issues but I got round that with tweaks and then it was fixed with a patch. I'm running on 720p and my TV is set to game mode and I'm getting hardly any frame rate drop at all ;).
As for online I've only tried 8t a few time and it worked ok for me :D.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 18:07
It was a question?, there are reports, on the Xbox one, that when the frame rate heads south the timers also follows suit, so the players laptimes reduce (complex physics), while the AI laptimes stay the same (simple physics).

I've tried to see if the PS4 version suffers the same, and can't come to a definitive conclusion.

They don't. We've fully investigated it and it's not happening on any of our kits. It was a large waste of time though.

danowat
20-06-2015, 18:10
Interesting, may I respectfully suggest that you post that finding in the thread about it?, a definitive answer is always better than silence.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 18:13
Interesting, may I respectfully suggest that you post that finding in the thread about it?, a definitive answer is always better than silence.

I'd rather not as the initial post was so 'certain' and it's spread to so many sites stating things like 'my God! how can they call themselves a sim' that we want to be sure it's not a retail only issue we can't find.

As I say though, most likely a huge waste of our time.

danowat
20-06-2015, 18:14
Fair enough.

KkDrummer
20-06-2015, 18:55
After watching e3 I will stick with the Xbox �� One, so may awesome games I can only play on the MS console.

BiggNasty187
21-06-2015, 14:01
They don't. We've fully investigated it and it's not happening on any of our kits. It was a large waste of time though.

Try 37 cars on donington formula a Xbox one... You'll see.

KiNGZWANGSJACKE
22-06-2015, 06:00

Morning guys.

But im one of the guys where definitely got this problem sir!

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25574-Um-is-this-a-HUGE-bug-or-intended-or-my-game-just-messed-up/page1

On Monza GP with Formula A, full opponents 45 i drive 40sec slower than my normal laptimes, and on Spa with GT3, full opponents 35 i drive 20sec slower than my normal laptimes! :/
And u feel it immediately after the first turn, that the car is much more different and difficult to drive and after 5 warm up laps nothing change. No grip, even with full downforce on front and back spoiler.

I using a Xbox1 and the Game what i use is the digital version of Project Cars.

Maybe the infos help u guys. i test it later on some other tracks and other car classes for u, Le Mans, Hockenheim etc.

Greetings Dom

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 07:51
OK thanks guys. I think we've investigated with normal grids on the tracks concerned. We'll max it out and see how it goes.

Psychomatrix
22-06-2015, 08:03
I've got the same. But I doesn't bother me because I don't grids with 40+ opponents. But it's no slow clock behaviour. Its more that the game runs in slow motion and the clock runs normal. Thats the reason why the laptimes grow sometimes 45 sec in watkins glen ( full grid, lotos 78). maybe grids with more than 35 cars are too much for the retail consoles. Btw I drive in the most cases with 25 opponents and in this condition the game runs fine.

KiNGZWANGSJACKE
22-06-2015, 08:09
OK thanks guys. I think we've investigated with normal grids on the tracks concerned. We'll max it out and see how it goes.

No, thanks to you guys! That we can talk directly with the creators of the game, and u check immediately the problems what we tell to you guys!! Never see that on a console before.
Really awesome I appreciate that!!

KiNGZWANGSJACKE
22-06-2015, 08:12
I've got the same. But I doesn't bother me because I don't grids with 40+ opponents. But it's no slow clock behaviour. Its more that the game runs in slow motion and the clock runs normal. Thats the reason why the laptimes grow sometimes 45 sec in watkins glen ( full grid, lotos 78). maybe grids with more than 35 cars are too much for the retail consoles. Btw I drive in the most cases with 25 opponents and in this condition the game runs fine.

Yeah i agree it feels a bit slow motion, and yes with 20 opponents all work for me too and it's run all smooth! On my test on Monza GP the issue startet with 30 opponents.

Greetings

Sharky Hughes
26-06-2015, 14:33

This is definatly an issue that is reproducable 100% of the time on Xbox One. 2 videos below of a FC at Donington, both were driven as hard as possible and nothing was changed or altered other than filling a grid in one. The visual slow down whilst the clock ticks away normally is obvious. The game feels like it is running is slow mo.

Ive seen another thread linking this issue to Ian's comment on here saying they wasted time for nothing. I know you said you would look at this again but my worry is you will come to the same conclusion and give up again.

The other topic states it may be people with the digital version that are suffering. Mine too is the digital version.

http://xboxclips.com/Sharky+Hughes/cd2a5c06-e251-4fb6-9203-3196094a902c

http://xboxclips.com/Sharky+Hughes/ad30447e-4296-4194-a840-163a0c0e5fc7

aza340
03-08-2015, 17:44
Hi all . Am still loving this game on Xbox one but am wondering if anyone else is still suffering the double downshift bug since 2.0 ?
Noticed last night also that my car setups aren't always transferring across to my career ! Apart from these annoying bugs it's easily the best console racer I've played :-) .

Martini Da Gasalini
03-08-2015, 17:53

Welcome back to the right side bro :)

Former Xcrap user myself, I'm so glad I came back to the Sony side of things

Psychomatrix
03-08-2015, 18:05
Hi all . Am still loving this game on Xbox one but am wondering if anyone else is still suffering the double downshift bug since 2.0 ?
Noticed last night also that my car setups aren't always transferring across to my career ! Apart from these annoying bugs it's easily the best console racer I've played :-) .

This bug still exist since day one of release. The only workaround I found is shifting with right thumbstick. All my reports that the issue still exist are been ignored. Ive reported that the issue still exist one day after patch 2.0 in patch 2.0 opinions or what the name of the thread was. But it still marked as fixed in release notes of 2.0.

aza340
03-08-2015, 18:57
Yeah I read that it was a fix in 2.0 but is most definitely still there unfortunately ! Will try the workaround you mentioned . Thanks for that .

CopperySinger5
03-08-2015, 23:43
real treat when gt7 comes out on ps4. Project cars 1 will keep me busy till then.

Gravit8
04-08-2015, 00:04

I do hear game is better on ps4. But that's likely due to priority because it's user base is so much larger then? At least patches are prioritized for it first?

Honeymoon period? PS plus/ servers love new meat. Just don't over stay your welcome. They let us all down plenty though. I think what your describing right now is a better connectivity experience due to ps plus and servers?
Not a different game experience so much?

widcard
04-08-2015, 00:23

I'm not sure these kind of post's are being met with open arm's back at Microsoft's corporate round table.

snipeme77
04-08-2015, 01:16
Talking about the Slowdown bug thing. I think I saw it with 43 (Or whatever the max is) at Sakitto with LMP1 cars. As I normally can't drive the LMP1 cars worth a crap, I was surprised when I did a 12 lap race with no mistakes, spins, or otherwise... Then when I tried to save the replay the game crashed and corrupted my save data. Yay!
BTW this was on the Xbox one, I had the weather set to... Fog, Heavy fog, Fog, Overcast at 20x (I think may have been 25 can't remember)
Also I had the race start a 17:00 and had a sped up day to night cycle. (Again can't remember the exact number)