PDA

View Full Version : FFB Perfect! Small question about the strenght setup.

Lagoa
20-06-2015, 17:52
First off I find after patch 1.4 the FFB was great with a few issues I was still having. Now after the firmware update for the TX wheel the FFB is PERFECT!! Only thing I noticed was when I connected wheel to the laptop it said FFB strenght 75% on the control panel on the laptop. Is this default? Or should I change to 100%? Ingame Pcars I have ffb and tire force at 100.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 17:53
First off I find after patch 1.4 the FFB was great with a few issues I was still having. Now after the firmware update for the TX wheel the FFB is PERFECT!! Only thing I noticed was when I connected wheel to the laptop it said FFB strenght 75% on the control panel on the laptop. Is this default? Or should I change to 100%? Ingame Pcars I have ffb and tire force at 100.

Stay at 75 please. Some users are finding 100 too much.

Lagoa
20-06-2015, 18:59

Allright! Thanks! Good work! ;)

spinkick
20-06-2015, 19:22

Yes, 75 is actually full strength, anything over that is overdriving the TX but at the detriment of losing FFB detail.

Jubis
21-06-2015, 07:06
Will my computer settings affect in xbone. Are those settings saved in wheel?

Lagoa
21-06-2015, 11:05

was wondering this aswell.. But no need here to change anything on computer :P

Raven403
21-06-2015, 12:39

Only thing that will carry over is that Overall Strength of Forces number, if you up it to 100 you will feel it. Otherwise no

James Boulton
22-06-2015, 10:34
Only thing that will carry over is that Overall Strength of Forces number, if you up it to 100 you will feel it. Otherwise no

I don't believe anything you set on the PC affects the wheel on the XB1. These are PC driver settings only.

Olijke Poffer
22-06-2015, 11:01
For me a TF of 75% is already a bit to high. I prefer 55%/65 at the most.. :-)
But this all is a matter of personal preference of course. I still playing with it, trial and error...

Raven403
22-06-2015, 12:14
I don't believe anything you set on the PC affects the wheel on the XB1. These are PC driver settings only.

You could be right I have no idea lol. I just thought after I bumped it to 100 in the control panel it felt stronger in forza so iVe left it, but who knows.

I'm still losing ffb in multiplayer so all my settings seem to be for nothing anyway half the time

Brent G
24-06-2015, 18:55
I think some of you are getting the wrong end of the stick, I think the OP is referring to the settings in the Trustmaster driver control panel with him saying 'lap top'. If you are Lagoa, 75% should be A-OK!

nikbra
24-06-2015, 19:15
I'm really confused how the set the FFB actually. Did a few laps on Laguna Seca with Bmw Z4 GT3. Tested a lot. Started with overall FFB = 100%. Got some strange bumps in the wheel some kind of random. And they were hard. Did not feel realistic. Have run 1000 laps on this track with iRacing. So it is quite easy to compare. Then I turned down in several tests both the overall FFB and TF. But did not find any really good setting.
Really appreciate som base if someone can help. Somewhere to start from. Maybe I should turn down both TF and overall FFB even more.

Thanks

Fanatest
24-06-2015, 20:01
I test a lot of games and hardware, and in my opinion the FFB defaults on XBO are very very good.

I test all 3 versions of PCars simultaneously (side by side) each version with the same car, track, time, default settings etc on the same hardware (I do this to find bugs/inconsistencies in our hardware/firmware etc) and honestly the OOTB defaults on the XBO (patch 1.4) are so good that I've stopped tweaking them.

I run default FFB on XBO
Wheel (hardware) set to 100
In game FFB slider set to 50 (Default)
XBO is currently my favourite of the 3 platforms FFB "defaults"

I obviously use fanatec hardware, but hopefully this will let you know that the defaults are very good, and the only real tweaking you should need to do to get up and running, would be to adjust the in game slider (in controller configuration) which I believe you stated you increased to 100 (I run that at 50 "default") and/or your wheel settings, to get something very usable indeed ;)

nikbra
24-06-2015, 23:31
I test a lot of games and hardware, and in my opinion the FFB defaults on XBO are very very good.

I test all 3 versions of PCars simultaneously (side by side) each version with the same car, track, time, default settings etc on the same hardware (I do this to find bugs/inconsistencies in our hardware/firmware etc) and honestly the OOTB defaults on the XBO (patch 1.4) are so good that I've stopped tweaking them.

I run default FFB on XBO
Wheel (hardware) set to 100
In game FFB slider set to 50 (Default)
XBO is currently my favourite of the 3 platforms FFB "defaults"

I obviously use fanatec hardware, but hopefully this will let you know that the defaults are very good, and the only real tweaking you should need to do to get up and running, would be to adjust the in game slider (in controller configuration) which I believe you stated you increased to 100 (I run that at 50 "default") and/or your wheel settings, to get something very usable indeed ;)

Thanks !! I will test with 50% tomorrow. I Will test to reset everything. And start from scratch.