PDA

View Full Version : tips for the ring

MrFlibble81
20-06-2015, 18:52
Does anybody have any tips for a quick time around the nurbergring? (I don't think I spelt that right!! Lol)

I used to be good around the ring years ago when I played gran turismo 4(I think) on the PS2 but that was years ago and I was a lot younger with better reflexes and I knew the track a lot better then too.

I still kind of know the track now but it's been so long and so many of the corners look the same I'm really struggling!!

Any help would be much appreciated so I can at least compete at the ring online.

Seelenkrank
20-06-2015, 19:07
a) drive many rounds
b) watch vids on youtube with the car you wanna drive and learn the gears used on the track and the speed driving
c) drive again

Alan Dallas
20-06-2015, 19:08
Laps... lots and lots of laps. At a reduced speed. Also since the ring is divided into 3 different tracks already you can master each separately, then when you think you're ready to set some records do the full course. :)

Bouyo
21-06-2015, 19:53
Keep your speed through the corners. This is a fast fast, sweeping track where you can do a lot of lifting instead of braking to let the car flow through. Only when you get super fast will you need lots of braking too.

Know where the bumpy sections are and what's dangerous.

Race against the AI and find out just how fast/flat you can take some corners, you'll be amazed.

Patcher81
21-06-2015, 19:58
Try to learn the ring stage by stage. Then put it all together and do it completely.:friendly_wink:

hoodi4cars
21-06-2015, 20:17
just 2 quick tips that I can think off the top of my head (not for doing a fast lap, but for surviving a lap)
- on those two tilted left-hand bends that have these rills on the inside or whatever it is -> go OUTSIDE!
- be aware of first section of sustained right-hand bend just before the long straight. you don't except it but you can easily spin there!

if you know these, then it's only a matter of knowing the other 27 pitfalls as well. have fun. :)