PDA

View Full Version : FFB Wheel with Analog paddles.

BlueFin175
20-06-2015, 22:54
Greetings people,

I lost my right leg many moons ago and as such, driving with a wheel whilst possible, you just do not have the touch required to be competitive (very little finesse .. heh). On the original Xbox (with Toca 2) I had a generic wheel (cannot remember the manufacturer) that I could place on my lap (albeit no FFB) that had analog paddles (levers) and positioned thumb buttons so that one could use manual gear changes as well, it worked great til a friend busted it and I could never find a replacement.

I am trying to find a similar wheel for the Xbox One and Project Cars, Thrustmaster do not seem to support such (shame on them) however looking at the MadCatz Pro, it seemingly appears to have analog paddles below the left and right bumper paddles. Can any owners of the Mad Catz Pro kindly confirm this for me and perhaps even relate any experience to how Project Cars performs with this wheel and this particular setup ? (ie: not using the pedals).

I have noted on the official Project Cars site that this wheel is not actually mentioned as being supported, and that a few users on this forum have been having issues with such. Just some insight would be very much appreciated, indeed if there are any other products (minus pedals) that support analog paddles ?

Many thanks, Fin.

madmax2069
20-06-2015, 23:07
Couldn't you just rig up a lever/handle to the throttle and brake pedals so that you can control them with your hand ?

Sort of like they do with cars for people with a handicap

BlueFin175
20-06-2015, 23:14
Sure but certainly not ideal for a racing sim and really cumbersome in my case. I was just hoping there was something out there that didn't require pedals, would sit in my lap and that allowed for competitive racing ya know ? That would work for simply driving as it does in the real world, but not for me I am afraid.

Thanks anyway man.

BlueFin175
20-06-2015, 23:15
Something like the srw-s1 that could fit a base that was supported on the Xbox One and by Project Cars would be ideal.

tarbat
21-06-2015, 07:05
One possibility, similar to the SRW-S1 - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29827-Wheel-for-paraplegic&p=969083&viewfull=1#post969083

TAGS Battfink
21-06-2015, 19:17
I had the madcatz wheel before my tx (2 actually, both returned faulty) and i can tell you now that those two extra paddles are not supported. I tried assigning controls to them but they are not recognised/supported, sorry.

The only thing i can think of pal is, the tx has an invert peddle mode (the t3pa pro pedals can be inverted) so, if you invert the standard brake/throttle 2 pedal set that comes with the wheel (but dont actually invert the peddles) this would swap the brake and throttle around.

Not ideal and would probably be weird but would having the throttle on the left make controlling the car easier for you?

James Boulton
22-06-2015, 10:25
On the Madcatz wheel the left analogue paddle is brake, the right paddle is accelerate -- not sure why people are saying this isn't the case? It's a bit tricky trying to use manual gears with this setup, but its reasonably driveable with with auto-gears.

Edit: I just checked, they are NOT analogue. Its either full throttle or nothing. So not useful after all, sorry!

BlueFin175
22-06-2015, 16:48
On the Madcatz wheel the left analogue paddle is brake, the right paddle is accelerate -- not sure why people are saying this isn't the case? It's a bit tricky trying to use manual gears with this setup, but its reasonably driveable with with auto-gears.

Edit: I just checked, they are NOT analogue. Its either full throttle or nothing. So not useful after all, sorry!

Well that sucks, but thanks for the response and for checking for me. Was hopeful there for a while. Thanks for your input too Battfink.