PDA

View Full Version : Some friendly advice please.

NewSimmer
20-06-2015, 23:41
First of all I'm loving the game despite the bugs. So far the only one I've gotten is my tunes won't save in career mode. For now I can't continue with my career.

I know there is a learning curve required for this game and I'm good with that(nothing worth doing is easy). I am going to take some time until that bug is fixed and work on that curve.

So I would like to know what is a car with a pretty good stock tune? I want to fiddle with my wheel settings and I don't want a clumsy car getting in the way. As well as a good track or two which will let me play with throttle and brake sensitivities.

Umer Ahmad
20-06-2015, 23:54
M3 GT or AUDI GT3, both are well balanced

Practice at Brno, wide track, plenty of run-off and constant radius corners.

NewSimmer
20-06-2015, 23:58
Great. Thanks for the quick reply.

PeoplesChampion
21-06-2015, 01:30
Ok.. Do this..

Go to Dubai.. A nice, wide, flat track with wide turns that can be as technical as you want them to be. Drive the McLaren 12C and master the car.

I set front page leaderboard times with the standard tune, first. After I have mastered the standard tune, I look for things I can make better and adjust accordingly. If you aren't fast in the standard tune, you need to work on your lines and fundamentals.

NewSimmer
21-06-2015, 01:34
OK. I'll give it go. Thanks.

OpticalHercules
21-06-2015, 02:08
You can still continue with career if you like, just not as streamlined as the game was intended. You can go into Free Practice on whatever car and track is up for your current profile/season, build the tune as you would like it there. Then from main menu, open up My Garage and load the tune for that same car and track and make sure all the settings are as you want them, and save there. Then go into the career. So long as you don't open the tuning while in the pit box, I think it should keep whatever settings were there before. If things appear to change from session to session, like practice, to qual, to race, just finish the one session, exit, recheck tune in My Garage, and the proceed into next session.

It is a hassle, but I think it's what I'm stuck with doing for now. This Tune bug only appears to affect tunes made while in a career session, not Free Practice, Race Weekend, or Multiplayer, at least so far as I can tell.

As far as cars with good basic tunes, IMO the Formula Gulf 1000 doesn't require all that much tweaking. Apart from Tire Pressures, both Kart series' are a blast, too.

NewSimmer
21-06-2015, 02:13
Yeah. I noticed the Practise tunes stick. I may do that if I get to itchy to continue. For now I'll just keep practising. Maybe when I get back I can bump the AI a bit.

FAHound
21-06-2015, 10:24
First of all I'm loving the game despite the bugs. So far the only one I've gotten is my tunes won't save in career mode. For now I can't continue with my career.

I know there is a learning curve required for this game and I'm good with that(nothing worth doing is easy). I am going to take some time until that bug is fixed and work on that curve.

So I would like to know what is a car with a pretty good stock tune? I want to fiddle with my wheel settings and I don't want a clumsy car getting in the way. As well as a good track or two which will let me play with throttle and brake sensitivities.

If you find the cars suggested are not to your liking, I would recommend the open wheel cars. The handling is more precise and you should notice changes easier. Formula Rookie is a good place to start for tuning noobs.