PDA

View Full Version : Who IS this AI guy? That's awesome!

Bouyo
21-06-2015, 03:03
Yesterday I did a 5 lap race at Spa in the SR8, the pack of ten seemed pretty slow with one guy eventually catching up to me by the end of the race. Today I played the same race (a few less cars and different starting position actually) and the pack were slow again, except this one guy! He was totally balls to the wall the whole race, unbelievable. I passed him on the first lap, he passed me on the second and we exchanged places three times through about five corners, then he passed and it was everything I could do just to keep up! I was braking later than I thought was possible and still couldn't catch him ...

This is the best experience with the AI for me so far. It was only one guy, the six others were laps behind. From what I can gather each AI driver has certain traits and some are faster than others; can we see more of the fast guys than we're currently seeing? This guy was just great to race.

Alan Dallas
21-06-2015, 03:19
There's always at least one AI car that is faster than all the rest. Out of curiosity, what did you have the AI difficulty set to?

MikeyTT
21-06-2015, 03:20
That will be the AI that was modelled on me ;)

I had a similar experience the other day too. I was pushing the Bentley GT3 to the limit, but was being harassed by a couple of AI. 7 or 8 laps we were swapping positions. Started to get annoyed with myself tho, as I started to buckle under the pressure, and made a few mistakes. AI shouldn't beat me!! I own the CPU you're computed on!! Do you not know who your master is??

As it turns out it wasn't me that night ;)

When they're on form they can be real speed demons, which is absolutely awesome in my book. Glad you're finding it a challenge...

TheReaper GT
21-06-2015, 03:34
I use AI in 70% and in GT races always have and Z4 sniffing my neck, if I so much change to the wrong gear the guy steamrolls me and thats it. I love the experience.

Nestoche
21-06-2015, 04:14
That's was so great about this game!..I've been having some battles myself with the AI...Never had so much fun in a racing game!...and I'm doing only a 6-7 lap races due to the game crashing on me during some races. The cars in this game are so nice to drive too!, some are too hard for me but I found a few that are a joy/fun to drive. I can't say it enough man, this game too addicting! and just think, it's going to get better!

Brooksmeister13
21-06-2015, 05:25
GT class racing has consistently given me the best racing experience in career mode. Favorite races so far were the US GT4 races at Watkins Glen and Sonoma. My Aston can out power the Ginettas on the straights but they just hound me under braking and in the corners. Superb AI modelling

AngelBrow
21-06-2015, 05:47
Racing games have always been about winning before. In this game thanks too the great AI i can be super satisfied by just managing getting on the podium. Thats what I love about this game. The feeling is incredible.

What I dont like is the multi class races in Solo weekend. The cars that are choosen. I wanna go LMP1, 2, GT3 and 4 only. Hope this option will turn up later.

TheReaper GT
21-06-2015, 06:01
Racing games have always been about winning before. In this game thanks too the great AI i can be super satisfied by just managing getting on the podium. Thats what I love about this game. The feeling is incredible.

What I dont like is the multi class races in Solo weekend. The cars that are choosen. I wanna go LMP1, 2, GT3 and 4 only. Hope this option will turn up later.

Maybe a class selector, so we can select whatever we want. Like a trackday with racing cars among the mere mortals. :D

Invincible
21-06-2015, 08:54
What I love about this game is that it says: "winning isn't everything. Enjoy the race from start to finish."

See, most racing games are about winning and winning alone.
In project cars on the other hand (partly due to the lack of rewarding stem I.e. Money, exp, etc.) You can be perfectly fine and happy with a place on podium.
In one of my most fun races, I didn't even manage to make it into the top ten. And I still had a real blast.

mire2
21-06-2015, 09:07
Sometimes i got the exactly same races like you told here....i love it when it goes that way, a very hard challenge against one AI........and when i lose this races against the AI, it dont matter for me because it was a awesome fun to play :D.........but one time it happened to me that i catched him after a 8 lap's round i the last corner and won the game..........was an incredible race ^^

Bouyo
21-06-2015, 16:37
There's always at least one AI car that is faster than all the rest. Out of curiosity, what did you have the AI difficulty set to?

The AI was at 100. And yes, there always seems to be one fast guy ... I think that time at Spa we were in SR8s and his name was something like Sylvian. Do the AI keep their traits race to race? I'd like a one on one next time!

Umer Ahmad
21-06-2015, 17:20
No actually the names are pretty random unfortunately within a season. It would be better if some AI were the top guys for a season so you knew who to watch for and who is not a points threat. Maybe SMS can add this in the future. This problem and the rain performance of AI are the 2 main reasons i have not even started my career gameplay yet. I only do Quick Race Weekend and Online Multiplayer. I'm looking forward to starting my career work soon

Baron_Greenback
21-06-2015, 17:22
"Who is this AI guy?" Some say....

Bouyo
21-06-2015, 23:08
Oh, I just thought of something: Can SMS employ the 'Stig' to do a ghost lap for each course in a car of his choosing? That would be so fun to race against real racing drivers!

TheReaper GT
22-06-2015, 04:03
I just did one hell of a race at Bathurst, the AI won but it was FUN, a lot of fun.
The Catherham 500 is a joy but the AI racers know how to use their car's body size.

Bouyo
22-06-2015, 04:27
The above post looks like some great racing. I did another race at Spa tonight in the Radical and lo and behold, the AI were really quick; two of them this time! It was everything I could do to keep ahead and win the race ... Here's the last two laps of my tight race if you're interested:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jETbrG3CqK8

Just before this I did a couple of races on the Hockenheim ring. The AI there were a complete walk over. What's the deal? Are some tracks just more suited to the AI code?

TheReaper GT
22-06-2015, 04:44
The above post looks like some great racing. I did another race at Spa tonight in the Radical and lo and behold, the AI were really quick; two of them this time! It was everything I could do to keep ahead and win the race ... Here's the last two laps of my tight race if you're interested:

Just before this I did a couple of races on the Hockenheim ring. The AI there were a complete walk over. What's the deal? Are some tracks just more suited to the AI code?

uhauhaua, good thing they crip each other at the end of the first lap. The sound of the SR8 is just amazing.

TenthDan
22-06-2015, 06:02

Some tracks are just more refined than others. Doug has been doing a lot of work on the AI and the next patch should make them even more consistent across the board, including wet weather :)

Grijo
22-06-2015, 19:58
Some tracks are just more refined than others. Doug has been doing a lot of work on the AI and the next patch should make them even more consistent across the board, including wet weather :)

Yesterday i was competing in Lotus Renault championship. Well, i raced Zolder and Spa with a black and gold Lotus (brings sweet memories), and the AI in 70%. Dry asphalt in qualifying = pole position. But in the wet race, i had to be careful with my beast Lotus because of the lag response of the turbo. I think the rain only affects my car because AI simply donīt care about it and continue to make the curves with the foot down. I had to set the difficult to 50%...but, you know what? Iīm still in love with PCars!!!

TheReaper GT
22-06-2015, 22:20
Yesterday i was competing in Lotus Renault championship. Well, i raced Zolder and Spa with a black and gold Lotus (brings sweet memories), and the AI in 70%. Dry asphalt in qualifying = pole position. But in the wet race, i had to be careful with my beast Lotus because of the lag response of the turbo. I think the rain only affects my car because AI simply donīt care about it and continue to make the curves with the foot down. I had to set the difficult to 50%...but, you know what? Iīm still in love with PCars!!!

That's a well known issue and they are working on it for the next patch.

Umer Ahmad
24-06-2015, 15:37
The 1 super-fast AI guy situation is resolved in coming patch 2.0 and also Doug has made some rain performance updates.

EVERYONE should review the patch 2.0 notes using the links in my signature

PeoplesChampion
24-06-2015, 15:40
It was me.. Driving with one hand.

Kidding, of course.

TheReaper GT
24-06-2015, 16:43
The 1 super-fast AI guy situation is resolved in coming patch 2.0 and also Doug has made some rain performance updates.

EVERYONE should review the patch 2.0 notes using the links in my signature

One thing, we are saying that super fast guy is a good thing. The Ai in the rain is a problem but is not what we are talking about here. We found that big balls AI very rewarding. I have so much fun fighting that mofo in all races. :D

Umer Ahmad
24-06-2015, 16:46
Agree, nice to have a challnge. Now imagine eliminating this outlier, calibrating the full field to your ability and having many more of these super-fast guys to compete with.

TheReaper GT
24-06-2015, 16:48
Agree, nice to have a challnge. Now imagine eliminating this outlier, calibrating the full field to your ability and having any more of these super-fast guys to compete with.

Heck yeah, bring them :D

Grijo
24-06-2015, 17:10
Agree, nice to have a challnge. Now imagine eliminating this outlier, calibrating the full field to your ability and having any more of these super-fast guys to compete with.

I scream, i curse , i shout , punch my sofa , but , when iīm able to beat this SOBīs , man , thatīs rewarding ... and i say out loud " take this sucker!!!"...awesome