PDA

View Full Version : Starting Young

Daveesaunders
21-06-2015, 08:11
My 2 year old decided he wanted a go on the wheel, as he cant reach the pedals I mapped throttle and brake to the pedals this obviously gives power and brake at 100% however it keeps him happy all hes interested in at the moment is going forward and steering over time Im sure he will get to grips with it properly as whilst we were on holiday in devon he had a go on some electric cars and was following the track!

So far he managed to pull a few donuts but he does try his best to follow the track round and hes also learning left and right :)

I have to prop up up on his chair with some cushions as I've got the wheel set to a comfortable position for me once hes playing with it better I hope to have my PC and new rig built which will make adjustment easier.

His only complaint was he wanted to drive a Rarri as I have the Ferrari Spider wheel managed to convince him to go for a RUF instead (also I cant tell him the RUF is a Ferrari as he knows the difference) :D

odemode
21-06-2015, 08:20
How do you map the throttle and brake. I have an eager 2 year old to who also loves this game but can not use the pedals :/

Daveesaunders
21-06-2015, 09:04
I have a login for him on the xbox, in PCars I set the buttons up in the controller config, gears are set to auto and I assigned throttle and brake to each paddle, I got a message about not having the min buttons assigned so exited via the menu but you could assign shift up/down to the foot pedals as they wont hurt. As I did this on his ID it doesnt affect my set-up.

John Hargreaves
21-06-2015, 09:11
Isn't there an automatic brake assist in there somewhere? I vaguely remember testing this out, and with every assist turned on, I could get round the track pretty much on full throttle all the time. That could work well for a little one, and then he can build up from there. Before long he'll be topping the leaderboards

Daveesaunders
21-06-2015, 09:41
Isn't there an automatic brake assist in there somewhere? I vaguely remember testing this out, and with every assist turned on, I could get round the track pretty much on full throttle all the time. That could work well for a little one, and then he can build up from there. Before long he'll be topping the leaderboards

Ill have a look for that, I've seen this somewhere but that may have been Forza as I remember it annoying me. I set his profile up to have all assists so at least he has traction control.

Irishnewblood
21-06-2015, 10:43
New little Max Verstappen,This is brilliant.

LADY GEMMA JANE
21-06-2015, 11:03
Haha great

girlracerTracey
21-06-2015, 11:07
Ahhhhh. Bless! I started at about the same age I think..

I've gone all "maternalistic" seeing that photograph. Brilliant stuff! Hope he enjoyed it!

grT

Mr.Smoke
21-06-2015, 12:11
Just fantastic!! Its great when they get in to it so young. My 8 yr old wants on my wheel all the time & he does pretty darn good. One day his 3 yr old brother wanted a turn as well so i sat him on my lap & worked the throttle for him while he handled the turning. It worked out pretty well for a while until he spun out. Then all he wanted to do was donuts.

Daveesaunders
21-06-2015, 14:15
Just fantastic!! Its great when they get in to it so young. My 8 yr old wants on my wheel all the time & he does pretty darn good. One day his 3 yr old brother wanted a turn as well so i sat him on my lap & worked the throttle for him while he handled the turning. It worked out pretty well for a while until he spun out. Then all he wanted to do was donuts.

My parents have a private road leading up to their place, hes driven my Jag and my dads freelander whilst we operate the pedals, he loves it and wants a go everytime we go over there.

Mr.Smoke
21-06-2015, 14:20
My parents have a private road leading up to their place, hes driven my Jag and my dads freelander whilst we operate the pedals, he loves it and wants a go everytime we go over there.

Nice!! Unfortunately i dont have access to a private area such as that to let my boys have a go at driving an actual car. Very much looking forward to teaching them both to drive though.

chig88
22-06-2015, 14:37
Save all the money you're not spending on pCARS DLC and buy him a Kart!

World Champions start Karting at about 3 ;)

Roger Prynne
22-06-2015, 15:49
My 8yr old grandson gets into the top 50 times on quite a few tracks now.