PDA

View Full Version : The Freaking Game

SOCIALDISCO
21-06-2015, 10:28
Is amazing! The level of detail keeps wow'ing me all the time.

I just wanted to say it out loud because i think people shouldn't come here only to complain, etc (like i did before), but also to say nice things when justified - the guys involved in creating and developing the game will appreciate it for sure.
Even if the game still misses the number one item on my wantlist, im having fun like i never had with another title, so thanks for that.

Good job

Forcedchaos
21-06-2015, 12:06
A positive thread on a gaming forum instead of crying, whining and bitching? I didn't know this was possible!!!! I'm shocked!!! I just don't know what to say???? Did I fly into another dimension and just don't know it? Did I wake up this morning on another planet? What is going on?

Oval tracks please hurry up! (sorry I had to get at least one in)

Bouyo
21-06-2015, 16:36
It's just the best. You can literally apply real world advanced race driving techniques and see the results, immediately. Love it.

gbm
21-06-2015, 18:02
It's just the best. You can literally apply real world advanced race driving techniques and see the results, immediately. Love it.

Like what?

And I'm sincerely asking this.....I'm relatively new to racing games that are THIS realistic, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can about realistic driving in games.

Baron_Greenback
21-06-2015, 19:17
Like what?

And I'm sincerely asking this.....I'm relatively new to racing games that are THIS realistic, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can about realistic driving in games.

http://jalopnik.com/what-a-slow-idiot-learned-at-race-driving-school-481637714

This is quite helpful. Someone posted it on here, I forget who. (sorry)

Bouyo
21-06-2015, 19:40
Like what?

Where to start? I guess the big ones are braking, trail braking, and downforce to name a few. Braking late and hard demands lifting off more and more before turning in and when trail braking you'll leave on just a little as you turn in, in order to get rid of some understeer (different for different cars) and keep the car under control. This is really well seen in the game and demands precision, especially for rear engined cars like the Ruf.
Downforce is really apparent in this game and makes you take corners completely differently depending on the car you're in. If you don't carry enough speed through a fast corner you can't expect to throw a car into it and have it stick to the track. Laguna Seca is a nice example where you go through the corkscrew with minimal downforce and with extreme care, then the corner straight after is (even with the downhill component) extremely fast, balls to the wall driving where you don't worry about loosing the back end.

The more you play this game, the more it demands you to take these effects into account and the more satisfying it becomes!

Alan Dallas
21-06-2015, 20:54
I wish you non-WMD guys could see Ben 'The Stig' Collins comment he left on the WMD forums (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?21611-We-Did-It!&p=902553&viewfull=1#post902553) yesterday regarding Realism and what SMS has achieved in Project CARS. He has also in the past basically said what you did here Bouyo. :)

Umer Ahmad
21-06-2015, 21:02
Like what?

Like this
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28168-Develop-Your-Skills-Safe-is-Fast

Baron_Greenback
21-06-2015, 22:17
I wish you non-WMD guys could see Ben 'The Stig' Collins comment he left on the WMD forums (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?21611-We-Did-It!&p=902553&viewfull=1#post902553) yesterday regarding Realism and what SMS has achieved in Project CARS. He has also in the past basically said what you did here Bouyo. :)

Proof or it didn't happen? :D