PDA

View Full Version : Name and shame aggressive ramming drivers

Carlosoul
21-06-2015, 10:33
Let's get bad drivers gamer tags and place them here, at least we will be able to vent our frustrations and not allow them to join groups, or simply be aware of them in races.

I had someone ram into me for a whole race the other day, they would hit me at any opportunity, they slowed down so they could keep ramming me off track, it was like a demolition derby, I crossed the line ahead of them in the end and of course they then quit once they saw I had beat them, didn't get their gamer tag this time but look forward to meeting them again the knobhead.

PzR Slim
21-06-2015, 10:54
This is not a good idea. How do we know you or anybody else for that matter don't just hold a grudge because they beat you. Just report them using the MS reporting tools on console and you will have less chance of meeting them.

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 11:05
Here's why this isn't a good idea:

A really aggressive and bad driver is Carlosoul.

Can you see why this thread is flawed?

Charles Gillen
21-06-2015, 11:10
I rammed a fellow three times last night. Not intentionally, He was on the brakes way to early. But I'll bet he thinks I'm a bigtime rammer. Every time I hit him I would slow down and let him pass. Next turn he was brake checking me again. I finally just quit the race.

Charles

PzR Slim
21-06-2015, 11:12

I agree. I was racing against Carlosoul the other night and he started driving the wrong way around the track trying to crash into everyone. Avoid him!

Use the relevant reporting tools.

Carlosoul
21-06-2015, 11:12

How did you figure that out

Carlosoul
21-06-2015, 11:13
I agree. I was racing against Carlosoul the other night and he started driving the wrong way around the track trying to crash into everyone. Avoid him!

Use the relevant reporting tools.

Ive not done that ever

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 11:15
How did you figure that out

Basically this kind of thread will descend into a farce. Anyone people don't like for any reason will end up in here - people who win a lot tend to wind uup iin these threads l because people are bitter.

Just report and block the player. It's easier than coming on here to tell white lies.

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 11:16
And I think you missed Slims and my point - we don't know of your a bad player, but there is nothing to stop us putting your name down here.

PzR Slim
21-06-2015, 11:18
Ive not done that ever

We know you have never done it but that is the point CLaret and I are trying to make. People will lie, they will come here after getting beaten or because you said something in a post they don't agree with and they will make stuff about you because basically these days a lot of people are incredibly nasty.

Carlosoul
21-06-2015, 11:20
And I think you missed Slims and my point - we don't know of your a bad player, but there is nothing to stop us putting your name down here.

Yes I see your point, I guess the MS reporting tool is the only way then, I was frustrated with the other days race and being rammed continuously, bit of venting and hoping that something could be done in game too.

PzR Slim
21-06-2015, 11:25
Yes I see your point, I guess the MS reporting tool is the only way then, I was frustrated with the other days race and being rammed continuously, bit of venting and hoping that something could be done in game too.

No amount of safe guards are going make online gaming a pleasurable experience there are far too many people out there who get a kick out of spoiling peoples fun. They will always find a way to do it. You can either put up with it or find a group of like minded individuals who share you values for online play and race with them. The vast majority of online racing I do is with groups of people I met on forums. Search the web for none official forums for racing games. THere will be a group of people on each forum who regularly run championships in all sorts of racing games. Join the forum, get to know them, take part in their comps and take your online racing to the next level.

HLR Joker
21-06-2015, 13:04
PzR Slim is a bad driver, caused me to wanna go faster and he sorts of smells a bit. Avoid him like the plague.

Mark

Snowowl
21-06-2015, 13:09
Use the Xbox One method of reporting this game-disrupting behavior (poor sportsmanship) by going into Friends in the Dashboard, then Find the gamertag and REPORT the actions. Those reports go to the Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team (PET) and they have the capabilities to join offenders during their online sessions for observation and warning.

Not only will those incidents result in PET taking actions, but they have the power to instantly ban those who challenge what they warn about - not just from the game itself but Xbox Live. That really gets the attention of people who are destroying game play for others.

Don't get into discussions with the offenders, just observe, remember the gamertag and file the report. Let PET handle it without attempting to tell the offender how wrong they are or using retaliation. It is simple and effective when PET puts a leash on the crasher.

Remember, too, when PET issues a ban on a gamertag, it isn't just for a single game, it is a time out from Xbox Live.

Carlosoul
21-06-2015, 13:52
Use the Xbox One method of reporting this game-disrupting behavior (poor sportsmanship) by going into Friends in the Dashboard, then Find the gamertag and REPORT the actions. Those reports go to the Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team (PET) and they have the capabilities to join offenders during their online sessions for observation and warning.

Not only will those incidents result in PET taking actions, but they have the power to instantly ban those who challenge what they warn about - not just from the game itself but Xbox Live. That really gets the attention of people who are destroying game play for others.

Don't get into discussions with the offenders, just observe, remember the gamertag and file the report. Let PET handle it without attempting to tell the offender how wrong they are or using retaliation. It is simple and effective when PET puts a leash on the crasher.

Remember, too, when PET issues a ban on a gamertag, it isn't just for a single game, it is a time out from Xbox Live.

Thanks Snowowl for the great info, I don't play games much so didnt know this process. Cheers

Psychomatrix
21-06-2015, 14:03
Shame or blaming people is against rules? Who nows with intention behind every post is. Then people starting blaming each other because the other have done the same. the only way is driving in league. You never can't post here ALL the dirty drivers and even they drive bad you can't blame them or ban this people from this forum. It takes time to develop a good online league system and project cars is at the beginning. Stay patient ans after a while the most crash kids or dirty drivers looses interest in the game. Than the chances grow that you can drive clean races on public races.

JeyD02
21-06-2015, 14:11
You can record, show proof :)

Snowowl
21-06-2015, 14:44
Just quietly file a Report to the Policy Enforcement Team (PET) at Xbox Live as I posted here previously, and let them take their actions. They're not too kind to people who don't play fair and disrupt the games. And, the ban isn't just from Project CARS, but Xbox Live itself. That is an attention-getter for these idiots.

Haiden
21-06-2015, 16:28
Ive not done that ever

Awesome! :D

ashasha
21-06-2015, 17:19
Here's my take on this and keep in mind that I am not a guy who races online...yet. I had bought the stereo adapter, didn't work with my headset, bought another adapter, then lost all of my data so I have had to start tuning all over again....but I digress.

Anyway I can imagine that it does absolutely suck, but most of the time people act like idiots out of frustration. Frustration in this case is probably because they suck at the game. They won't be around for long as they'll find something easier to play I am sure.

So hopefully they'll just lose interest and move onto trolling or being d-bags elsewhere.

Megalomanic87
21-06-2015, 18:54
Not a great idea, but i can understand how annoying it is. I'd happily rhyme off players who are just general arseholes, but no doubt i'd be called some sort of liar.
The amount of trolls in this game is ridiculous at the moment, and i can't see it getting much better, as i've played from launch i've noticed more and more appearing.

The option to kick would help so much, dirty racers would get fed up of being booted or sharpen their act up.
As a genuine clean racer myself, i can't see any other alternative.

Trolls are putting me off this game.

AdM1
21-06-2015, 20:21
I try race with damage off now because I got sick of my races being ruined. 3 in a row the other night I was ready to throw TV out the window.

Plato99
21-06-2015, 21:33
I try race with damage off now because I got sick of my races being ruined. 3 in a row the other night I was ready to throw TV out the window.

Its a problem that has blighted Forza online for years. That and the floating hover cars.
Some people just seem to get their kicks from causing other people misery.

jonnotheone
22-06-2015, 12:12
Yes I see your point, I guess the MS reporting tool is the only way then, I was frustrated with the other days race and being rammed continuously, bit of venting and hoping that something could be done in game too.you will get drivers like that in public lobby's best bet is to get yourself to a gaming site that has rules regs an punishments one I strongly recommend Is
http://toraonlineracing.forumotion.net sign up there read rules an say hi an tell em jonnotheone sent you...

Bealdor
22-06-2015, 12:36
And closed (like the others).

No "name and shame" threads here guys.