PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to ISRTV T300 RS/TX brake mod?

mjemec11
21-06-2015, 11:25
I got myself a T300 RS a few days ago and immediately started looking for a cheap brake mod. I found one on ISRTV (http://www.isrtv.com/pc-racing/diy-thrustmaster-tx-and-t300-rs-brake-pedal-mod/), but I live in a country where I can't get the materials needed for this mod. Are there any good and cheap alternatives?

Thank you in advance.

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 11:33
I spoe to a friend and got the parts - I'm guessing you mean the furniture grips - sent from the states.

It's well worth it

mjemec11
21-06-2015, 11:39
Both parts are impossible to find near where I live.

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 11:42
Don't you have anyone on your friend list from the states?

mjemec11
21-06-2015, 11:42
Unfortunately not.

Gooseone
21-06-2015, 13:33
I've modded the squash ball i modded my previous driving force pro pedals with.
I cut it apart after partially stuffing the whole squash ball in resulted in it popping out during a race.

Now i've stuffed a folded cut up piece of the squash ball in there and put some duck tape over it for good measure, lol.
It's working great though!

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 14:23
If you can get some of these cheap door stops from your local hardware shop, you'll be okay. Simply cut them in half (into semi-circles) and wedge down the back of the pedal. Adjust them to suit. I had this mod for several weeks waiting for parts for my current one.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8612/16049137343_c6578c4794_z.jpg

mjemec11
21-06-2015, 14:51
I've modded the squash ball i modded my previous driving force pro pedals with.
I cut it apart after partially stuffing the whole squash ball in resulted in it popping out during a race.

Now i've stuffed a folded cut up piece of the squash ball in there and put some duck tape over it for good measure, lol.
It's working great though!

I actually bought a squash ball after seeing a post or two about it being used. Can you post a pic of how your mod looks like?

Gooseone
21-06-2015, 18:59
Well it didn't look like much, it was just a bunch of cut up squash ball folded a bit and stuffed into the hole with a bit of duck tape over it.
It did start cutting up the squash ball by cutting of the tops so that it sort of resembled a wheel, then i cut that open... and cut it some more.

I have now put a bit of rolled up squash ball in the spring under the brake lever, it takes up about 3/4 of the spring and it's quite tightly stuffed in there.
I would recommend just stuffing something behind the brake lever though, if any one insists on modding the spring...

First, take off the pedal faces, the top bit of base can then come of completely, everything is mounted on the bottom part.
The screws which hold the pedal assembly together are not all the same, there are 5 screws without a pointy tip, remember where you've screwed them out of.
(I noticed too late so i don't know which screw belongs in which hole :)).
The spring under the brake pedal mounts on ridges on the base and under the brake lever, taking it apart makes it fall out.

Putting it back together requires putting in the spring while holding the assembly together and not having enough room to hold the spring in place...
After i finally managed that, the throttle didn't seem to respond anymore. The bottom of the lever has gears which link up to the gears of the potentiometer, those had shifted.
So that's what you have to deal with if you want to mod the spring; although a handy person with some clamps/ skills wouldn't find it hard to do.
Ow, if there's too much rubber / squash ball in the spring and it's to stiff, i cut a bit off using a utility knife while the rubber was inside the spring.

It is a cheap unit though, the potentiometers seem okay but all the springs (there are tension springs on the axes of the levers also) rest on the flimsy base of the unit.
My driving force pro had reinforced bits of plastic where the springs rested and was overall not so flimsy (where the driving force gt also had better potentiometers then the pro),
I wouldn't be surprised if the bottom of the unit will start to crack over time, especially with the increased pressure of the spring mod.
If anyone mounts these pedals to a wheelstand i would advice to make sure the part of the base where the springs sit rests flat upon something sturdy so it won't bulge / cave in.

stux
21-06-2015, 22:36
I'd go ahead with whatever mods you want, and if the base cracks through extended modded use, then use it as an excuse to get a T3PA ;)

Bouyo
22-06-2015, 04:43
I'd go ahead with whatever mods you want, and if the base cracks through extended modded use, then use it as an excuse to get a T3PA ;)

T3PA pedals are kind of worth $100 dollars I have to admit. They're nice and wide and the brake mod works perfectly and is durable. Just saying ...