PDA

View Full Version : Random lost wheel.

tclancey
21-06-2015, 11:34
Hi folks.

While driving around Nurburg GP the other night, on lap 5 of the first free practice a random wheel appeared on the outside curbing of the last corner. There was no sign of a car in trouble or any body work lying around, just a random wheel. A couple of laps later I decided to nudge it to see it it was real or a random graphic, and yes, I bounced it off the circuit into the gravel. I stress this was a wheel, with spokes, not just a tyre.

I haven't yet been able to crash a car hard enough to make a wheel fly off. Has anyone else noticed any random wheels? Or does anyone know where it came from? I'd hate to think of someone's race engineer getting confused.

DuckThugga
21-06-2015, 22:34
I saw this today yes.

tntcbag
21-06-2015, 22:40
I have crashed hard enough (on purpose) to make a wheel or tyre fall off. Also in one race at the start finish straight at the end of lap one my front right wheel just flew off the car on its own, straight sideways into the barrier. I was sure someone smashed into me but looking at the replay it just flew off on its own, no one was near me. Someone forgot to tighten the lug nut I guess?

tclancey
25-06-2015, 11:31
In a practice the other day I just happened to look at a reply to see if I could work out a better line into a corner and noticed I had a missing front wheel, the car wasn't suffering any handling problems so I assume this is a buggy type thing, but slightly alarming!

I do like the idea of mechanical failures, they add a great deal of frustrating realism.