PDA

View Full Version : [Answered] What is the date?

SpeedFreakDTM
21-06-2015, 11:57
Does anyone know what the date is in Time Trial? I know the time was set to 11am for all platforms, but I'd like the date, so I can set free practise to the same conditions as time trial.

If I had my way, it would be late Jan - early Feb all the time, to keep my tyre temps down. :D

SpeedFreakDTM
21-06-2015, 14:53
anyone?

RTA nOsKiLlS
22-06-2015, 19:29
Yeah, what is the date set to in time trial?

Id like to set up races with the same track conditions as time trial.

Flihp
23-06-2015, 02:12
If im patient enough, I will check out a few tracks and get the ambient temp and track temp for several tracks using one of the extra telemetery apps avaialble for pc. It might give a slight indication. I ll give it a shot tonight if I don't forget,

Phil,

Flihp
23-06-2015, 10:00
^^^^^ further to my above comment, i tested 15 tracks with pCARS profiler running along side ( great app by the way for pc users )

i noted down the ambient temp and track temp for those selected tracks in time trial modes ( which does seem to come up as 11am according to some cars dashboards )

i then picked the first track in free practice mode, which was Azure cct and changed months until i was pretty close, then changed date.

here is an idea of what Azure behaves like for ( ambient/track ) respectively at 11am, light clouds
january 15th, 21/32
february15th, 22/32
march 15th, 24/34
April 15th, 25/36
skip to june 15th, 27/38

the time trial temps for Azure cct were 23/33 ( actually 23.5 ambient on car dash)
and bingo, march 1st was spot on,

i tried March 1st on all my other 14 tested and these all were spot on.
i imagine late feb early march would deliver the same results,

so March 1 should pretty much work everywhere i imagine.

if a Dev can perhaps confirm this it would be appreciated.

thanks
Phil

Bavarian Turbo
10-07-2015, 08:14
I would still like to know which date is set in the time trial?

hello Devs;)

Umer Ahmad
10-07-2015, 08:22
checking, hang on guys

SpeedFreakDTM
10-07-2015, 21:26
Bump.

Why is this such a secret? lol cooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on, please. :)

N0body Of The Goat
11-07-2015, 15:10
^^^^^ further to my above comment, i tested 15 tracks with pCARS profiler running along side ( great app by the way for pc users )

i noted down the ambient temp and track temp for those selected tracks in time trial modes ( which does seem to come up as 11am according to some cars dashboards )

i then picked the first track in free practice mode, which was Azure cct and changed months until i was pretty close, then changed date.

here is an idea of what Azure behaves like for ( ambient/track ) respectively at 11am, light clouds
january 15th, 21/32
february15th, 22/32
march 15th, 24/34
April 15th, 25/36
skip to june 15th, 27/38

the time trial temps for Azure cct were 23/33 ( actually 23.5 ambient on car dash)
and bingo, march 1st was spot on,

i tried March 1st on all my other 14 tested and these all were spot on.
i imagine late feb early march would deliver the same results,

so March 1 should pretty much work everywhere i imagine.

if a Dev can perhaps confirm this it would be appreciated.

thanks
Phil

This matches my fuzzy recollections of when Time Trial date/time was changed during development, originally it was mid summer which punished the tyres more with the higher track tracks, so it was changed to spring.

As I wrote in another thread about the same query in the last couple of days, sometime in March at 1100 rang a virtual bell.

Stephen Viljoen
13-07-2015, 09:15
Time Trial takes place on 1st March, 11AM.

Flihp
13-07-2015, 09:51
oh.... i did pretty well with my case study then :)...

Phil

Lanius1984
13-07-2015, 13:22

I know a recent patch brought the time of day on consoles in line with PC, but is there a reason the weather conditions are different? Seems that on PC the weather is 'light cloud', while PS4 it is 'clear'. (Is this intentional, or just an oversight?)
Will this slight change in conditions affect track conditions, and if so, which would have the advantage?

Are there any other differences between the versions, or should it be 100% an even playing field?

Flihp
13-07-2015, 13:31
Have you got both?, if so just jump in a car that had the ambient temp on the dash and see if it differs between version. I might get the chance tomorrow night to check if the ambient and track temp do change with cloud cover on a given date. I have never looked at it to be honest.

Phil

Lanius1984
13-07-2015, 14:15
Have you got both?, if so just jump in a car that had the ambient temp on the dash and see if it differs between version. I might get the chance tomorrow night to check if the ambient and track temp do change with cloud cover on a given date. I have never looked at it to be honest.

Phil

I don't currently have both, but I'm moving to PC next week from PS4 so may be able to look at this... its pretty hard to check with consistency though, as your driving is going to have an effect as well as the method of input (assuming that a slight change in input could change temps depending on the tire forces etc).

Just thought it would be interesting to know why the difference is there and whether it was known, as it seems unnecessary and against the idea of the time trial mode.

Stephen Viljoen
14-07-2015, 10:30
I know a recent patch brought the time of day on consoles in line with PC, but is there a reason the weather conditions are different? Seems that on PC the weather is 'light cloud', while PS4 it is 'clear'. (Is this intentional, or just an oversight?)
Will this slight change in conditions affect track conditions, and if so, which would have the advantage?

Are there any other differences between the versions, or should it be 100% an even playing field?

It's neither intended nor an oversight. You stumbled on a bug. :) Thanks for pointing it out. We'll get it fixed.

SpeedFreakDTM
14-07-2015, 10:38

Thanks for the official answer.

Bavarian Turbo
14-07-2015, 10:41
I had until now always clear weather in the time trial, over the weekend I installed the game new and created a new savegame, now I have lights clouds, as it should be.
on my second Xbox I got the game not reinstalled, but the savegame loaded newly created, and even here I have now light clouds.

It is therefore probably with the savegame

Invincible
14-07-2015, 13:36
It's neither intended nor an oversight. You stumbled on a bug. :) Thanks for pointing it out. We'll get it fixed.

And which on is correct? Light cloud or clear?

Stephen Viljoen
14-07-2015, 14:25
Light cloud.

SpeedFreakDTM
14-07-2015, 14:52
I have clear weather when I go into Time Trial. Will that make me slower as its hotter weather?

Also what year is the TT set to? Which planet is it on? ;)

Flihp
14-07-2015, 22:01
From a quick test last night on only one track, the ambient temp and track temp only decreased with storm, thunderstorm and fog settings, all others including haze, and both rain and light rain remained at the same temp as clear, light cloud etc... Will try to check another track or two tonight.

PHIL.