PDA

View Full Version : FORD MK IV Tuning help

Brent G
21-06-2015, 12:21
Hi all, just wondering if you've any tips fo improving the drivability of the Ford MkIV, its the 1st time since getting my TX that I've driven the beast. I love the FFB, how heavy the steering feel is with no power steering and the brakes locking up with the lack of ABS is awesome. This thing though is a bitch to drive, it oversteers it understeers its a proper handful as I expect it would be. I would like to tune out its 'im trying to kill you' fashion in which it drives but without resorting to driver aides. I have a fairly good understanding of tuning but it seems I cant get a balanced handling set up. Can anyone give me some pointers? If its a case of its wild for real so its wild in game then so be it but if it is possible to tame it a touch I'd love to know how! cheers, B.

John Hargreaves
21-06-2015, 12:30
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28994-Ford-GT40-MKIV-Sonoma&p=961343&viewfull=1#post961343

Maybe try this setup, and have a look through the whole thread as there is some useful info there. I found that this setup helped me to drive the MKIV a bit more easily. One of the main things with this car is the brakes; they are notoriously weedy for the power of the car, so add at least 100m to your normal racecar braking points and go from there. It feels like you are creeping round curves at walking pace, but on the replays you look to be going pretty fast, so it's deceptive.

Once you start to drive the car on its own terms, it's quite good fun, lots of steering on the throttle and four wheel drifting to be had, and the noise is great.

Doug914
21-06-2015, 14:38
This car has some basic problems (similar to the lotus 72d had) causing the confusing handling. The constant under to oversteer is not what this car was about. It was a pretty sorted racecar on relativley low grip tyres and marginal brakes. I've got an update comming for it hopefully in the next patch.

Brent G
21-06-2015, 14:59
This car has some basic problems (similar to the lotus 72d had) causing the confusing handling. The constant under to oversteer is not what this car was about. It was a pretty sorted racecar on relativley low grip tyres and marginal brakes. I've got an update comming for it hopefully in the next patch.

Excellent Doug, that's great news. The Mk IV was in most part why I pre ordered the LE version of pCars. Its Great to know that work is still being carried on perfecting all aspects of the game. Brilliant, keep up the good work.

John Hargreaves
21-06-2015, 14:59
Well if you give it the same treatment as the 72D then I can‘t wait.

Brent G
21-06-2015, 15:10
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28994-Ford-GT40-MKIV-Sonoma&p=961343&viewfull=1#post961343

Maybe try this setup, and have a look through the whole thread as there is some useful info there. I found that this setup helped me to drive the MKIV a bit more easily. One of the main things with this car is the brakes; they are notoriously weedy for the power of the car, so add at least 100m to your normal racecar braking points and go from there. It feels like you are creeping round curves at walking pace, but on the replays you look to be going pretty fast, so it's deceptive.

Once you start to drive the car on its own terms, it's quite good fun, lots of steering on the throttle and four wheel drifting to be had, and the noise is great.

Cheers John, but now I know Doug is preparing a fix for the MkIV I think I'll wait a little while. Theres still plenty of cars I haven't raced yet and personally since v.1.4 its like a new experiance again. My playseat and TX is fast becoming a permanent fixture in the living room, my Gert aint best pleased mind but then she aint had the fun Im having. Well at least not with her clothes on! ;)

John Hargreaves
21-06-2015, 15:42
Agreed, if Doug‘s on it I‘ll wipe that setup and start from scratch.

lancashirelad
21-06-2015, 17:03
My fave all time car and the reason I bought the dlc, great news they are working on it. https://youtu.be/Hcq-MV9yX_8. Replica but awesome sound.