PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Leaderboard for PC Players

cry_inc
21-06-2015, 12:42
I created an alternative web-based leaderboard for the PC/Steam players that shows all the time trial laps:

http://pcars.13ms.de

The XML API used to update the leaderboard was deprecated and disabled by Valve/Steam. Therefore the updates stopped working on 2016/09/20!

Compare to the official leaderboard by SMS it has some nice additional features that allow the following things:

Quickly looking up the position of any player for a given leaderboard
Saving your own user name and the ones of your friends (can be imported from Steam)
Showing leaderboards only for you and your friends
Looking up all the times a player has driven (including the rank for the track/vehicle combination)
A single page that shows which of your friends were faster/slower for all track/vehicle combinations you have in common
A comparison of all the different cars for any track to get a better feeling which cars are better suited for that track

Please keep in mind that the data is only updated five times a day!
The time of the last update is always shown at the bottom of the page.
I'm also sorry to say that it is currently not possible to include the data of console players (there is no way I know of to get the data).

But if you find any bugs or have additional ideas or suggestions for improvements please let me know!

Baron_Greenback
21-06-2015, 12:55
Great stuff. This will be very useful for keeping track on progress. I like the layout and features. Thanks!

jacall
21-06-2015, 13:35
Very nice! Wish there was something like this for console too.

Endy
21-06-2015, 13:44
A great addition, thanks very much for your hard work.:D

Sloskimo
21-06-2015, 14:40
Many thanks, was about to rewrite a similar old script I once wrote for forza, but I'm glad you saved me the trouble. Yours is much better too, very nice.

Maybe a nice suggestion: incorporate a "total time" for a particular car of all times combined on all tracks? But only counting the tracks where both you and your friend(s) set a time? That's the only feature this script lacks vs my old flawed creation. Should not be too hard since you've got all the data anyway.

Anyway great job.

AfterAll14
21-06-2015, 14:57
Great work! Well done!

Endy
22-06-2015, 11:26
I've just had another look at this, and there's even more in it than I originally thought.

Very detailed, and loads of information, fantastic.

Luke Townsend
22-06-2015, 11:39
Absolutely awesome!! Love the lookup by username feature so you can see all your own times in one go. And auto-fill in on username is superb too. :)

Thank you for this!

Ripgroove
22-06-2015, 12:13
I created an alternative web-based leaderboard for the PC/Steam players that shows all the time trial laps:

Compare to the official leaderboard by SMS it has some nice additional features that allow the following things:

Saving your own user name and the ones of your friends (can be imported from Steam)
Looking up all the times a player has driven (including the rank for the track/vehicle combination)
A single page that shows which of your friends were faster/slower for all track/vehicle combinations you have in common
A comparison of all the different cars for any track to get a better feeling which cars are better suited for that track

Please keep in mind that the data is only updated around once a day!
I'm also sorry to say that it is currently not possible to include the data of console players (there is no way I know of to get the data).

But if you find any bugs or have additional ideas or suggestions for improvements please let me know!

VERY nice, if you could add a filter for: CUSTOM car setups and DEFAULT car setups that would be amazing as it would allow people to compete against each other in identical car setups as well as custom ones.

Barrybarfly
22-06-2015, 13:16
So I can filter by track and car and see the times for, say, clios on Spa? Thats awesome if I can as it means I can see what a competitive time is for any car anywhere and then compare my own (PS4) times to see how fast/slow I am! Seeing as we have only got a few filters on console this will be very handy. For example, GT3, GT4 and Ginetta Junior are all under "GT" filter. Clios are in Touring with all the touring cars. And Formula A dominates the "open wheel" filter.

OnyxD
22-06-2015, 14:05
Really cool, I was hoping for something like this. Thanks

mermoid
22-06-2015, 14:17
This is awesome, thank you. The only thing I'm curious about is the info from hovering over the + sign. It says I set all my times with TC, ABS and stability control "on" however I use the "real" setting for assists and know for a fact that some of the cars I've set times with don't have some/any of those assists?

N0body Of The Goat
22-06-2015, 14:39
This is awesome, thank you. The only thing I'm curious about is the info from hovering over the + sign. It says I set all my times with TC, ABS and stability control "on" however I use the "real" setting for assists and know for a fact that some of the cars I've set times with don't have some/any of those assists?

Leaderboard times incorrectly showing ABS/TC/SC all active when using "real" assists for all cars is a known issue.

It also opens up the TC slider in setup tweaking for all cars, but others have said that this has no effect, when done for as car that does not have TC in real life.

321Respawn
22-06-2015, 15:23
This is brilliant good job .

cry_inc
22-06-2015, 20:25
Thanks for all the nice things you people wrote :smug:

Maybe a nice suggestion: incorporate a "total time" for a particular car of all times combined on all tracks? But only counting the tracks where both you and your friend(s) set a time?
Great addition. I just released an update which adds a first version of your suggestion. Currently it only supports two players and I don't like how its displayed. I have plans to allow more than two users, but have not ETA on that. Btw, you were already the topic of conversation between me and my friends. You must be very busy ;)

If you could add a filter for: CUSTOM car setups and DEFAULT car setups that would be amazing as it would allow people to compete against each other in identical car setups as well as custom ones.
Thats already on my personal TODO list but I don't know when I will find time to add it.

So I can filter by track and car and see the times for, say, clios on Spa?
Yep.

The only thing I'm curious about is the info from hovering over the + sign. It says I set all my times with TC, ABS and stability control "on" however I use the "real" setting for assists and know for a fact that some of the cars I've set times with don't have some/any of those assists?
As N0body Of The Goat already has written, this is a pCars bug and out of my reach. But I added your question and his answer to a new FAQ in case other players are also curious about this. Anyway thanks for reporting!

Sloskimo
23-06-2015, 14:44
Great addition. I just released an update which adds a first version of your suggestion. Currently it only supports two players and I don't like how its displayed. I have plans to allow more than two users, but have not ETA on that. Btw, you were already the topic of conversation between me and my friends. You must be very busy ;)

Yeah, well I usually do 1-3 laps until it's clean according to the game (after cutting chicanes and doing other immoral things like killing kittens)
The (dis)advantages of working at home behind a PC:
*alt-tab, put lap*
*works for 2 minutes*
*alt-tab, put lap*
*works for 1 minute*
*alt-tab, put lap*
*screw work*

But slowly normal order is restored. Thanks for putting in my suggestion, it's a nice way to compare with others how you stack up with a particular car in general over a range of tracks.

cry_inc
29-06-2015, 19:30
Just uploaded an update that adds an advanced filter for the track leaderboards to filter by driving model, setup, game controller and camera. Another update from a few days ago allowed more than two user for the car comparison ranking.

Ripgroove
29-06-2015, 19:35
Awesome! Love it!

N0body Of The Goat
29-06-2015, 19:35
Great stuff, makes it easy for me to compare others on default setups etc. :)

Pyro_X
01-07-2015, 08:07
xtreme nice! Thank you!

macto
01-07-2015, 08:20
Awesome work! Thank you, thank you , thank you!

AfterAll14
01-07-2015, 10:11
It would be great to divide players by level of assists used.

CCM
01-07-2015, 10:20
VERY nice, if you could add a filter for: CUSTOM car setups and DEFAULT car setups that would be amazing as it would allow people to compete against each other in identical car setups as well as custom ones.

Yes that would be great. Pcars should pay you for this to implement in the game.

Johnnypenso1
01-07-2015, 15:53
Thanks @cry_inc for the hard work. Much appreciated:D

hoodi4cars
05-07-2015, 10:44
Hi, just want to mention that I have made similar tool as a standalone java app. In case you're interested: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34023-DOWNLOAD-Time-Trial-Leaderboards-Tracking-Tool
@cry_inc of course I'm mentioning your project in my thread so that everyone can get the tool that is better suited for them.

mattrickl06
05-07-2015, 14:49
This is awesome - thanks very much for creating :p

EvoM3
06-07-2015, 10:07
Is it just me or is the board down?

macto
06-07-2015, 11:06
Is it just me or is the board down?

no it's down for me at the moment

Toxic
06-07-2015, 16:43
This should be stickied somewhere?

xautos
06-07-2015, 17:01

Please keep in mind that the data is only updated around once a day!

huh. top 5 on oscherslaben gp in a ginetta, nice. at least the info is good. i may use this more often to plan my next assault on pcars leaderboards.

PTG Ty1er Ward
09-07-2015, 22:29
Cry_inc officially wins the internet as far as I'm concerned

PC49NZ
10-07-2015, 03:34
Fantastic, really appreciated

Jim

EvoM3
10-07-2015, 03:56
Could I ask what the frequency of the updates are? I set quite a few WR's last night and many of them are not showing.

Sloskimo
10-07-2015, 04:55
Could I ask what the frequency of the updates are? I set quite a few WR's last night and many of them are not showing.

It's not realtime, your times will show up, think it updates roughly every 24 hours or so. If you click on the info tab you can see the time it last updated.

cry_inc
08-08-2015, 10:05
Just wanted to post a quick update and mention that I fixed the missing tracks. Some tracks (for example Monza) were empty over the last few days because the official WMD leaderboard (http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/) is somehow broken. The data is now extracted directly from the Steam leaderboards.

cry_inc
18-08-2015, 19:01
After testing it for a few days, I am proud to announce that the update is now automated. I also increased the update schedule from one time per day to five times per day. The update itself is now also faster and it is no longer necessary to shut down the page to activate the new data. Meaning: seamless updates without downtimes.

cry_inc
29-08-2015, 13:33
Added a new tab that shows the most popular tracks, vehicles and track/vehicle combinations.

ttb57
02-09-2015, 06:04
Thanks for this. :) It seems to have stopped updating now though. :sorrow:

DragonSyr
02-09-2015, 06:43
thanks for this . i hope that can be ingame leaderboards too with assists filter too..

miagi
02-09-2015, 07:07
What I would really love to do is compare all cars from a class on one track. For example, select track X and throw in all GT3 cars in. Could that be possible?

cry_inc
06-09-2015, 13:16
Thanks for this. :) It seems to have stopped updating now though. :sorrow:
Somehow I messed up the update before leaving for a few days :rolleyes:

What I would really love to do is compare all cars from a class on one track. For example, select track X and throw in all GT3 cars in. Could that be possible?
I tried to implement it. You can now enter multiple vehicles for comparison. Please write here if its what you wished or if you had something different in mind!

One improvement that I imagine would be presets for classes, but creating and maintaining them is to much manual labor for my taste. May be I can find a way to "crowdsource" it...

Sloskimo
08-09-2015, 08:42
Der Indianer rennt... But he's not smoking his pipe, that wretched apache :)

cry_inc
08-09-2015, 18:26
http://www.dessinemoiuneyourte.com/img/Smokin_Tipi2.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, after reading your message I was able to restart the server.

bigsilverhotdog
20-09-2015, 04:39
Been down/no stats a lot the last couple days... :(

cry_inc
20-09-2015, 10:49
Been down/no stats a lot the last couple days... :(

Mhm, the server itself is running uninterrupted for the last 1-2 weeks.
The updated failed a few times because the Steam API servers were unavailable. But that happens only for very few updates. And there are five of them every day.
Additionally the number of page visits seem stable (around 250 every day).

I assume it could be some routing problem between your Internet Provider and the Amazon data center in Ireland which is hosting the page?
Does anyone else have problems using/reaching the site?

bigsilverhotdog
20-09-2015, 13:45
I rarely ever have problems reaching the site, but last few days stats have been down more than they've been up. 0 entries very often. I use the page every day, thanks a lot for the effort. Very handy.

aussiejeff
20-09-2015, 21:06
I rarely ever have problems reaching the site, but last few days stats have been down more than they've been up. 0 entries very often. I use the page every day, thanks a lot for the effort. Very handy.

Same here for me. Was working fine for a while, but last 5 times I try over the past 2 days to see times on the site, it has been empty. Not even crickets chirping.... :(

**EDIT UPDATE**

Just tried again now, and it is UP!! Hooray :)

Sloskimo
22-09-2015, 10:42
It happens for me too lately, it's not a connectivity problem, well not to the site itself anyway. Seems the database it pulls data from is not giving any data quite regularly lately.

StudeBakerAE86
05-11-2015, 12:24
Hi cry_inc,

I love your stats page. Very well done.

But sadly the page is down since yesterday.

Roger Prynne
05-11-2015, 12:26
^^^ Confirmed.

Krus Control
05-11-2015, 13:20
Yeah this page is great because it is the only place where you can check if your times have been beaten without checking EVERY SINGLE TIME like I am now. Was quite a convenience, but the site is inaccessible to me at the moment. I get:

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Roger Prynne
05-11-2015, 13:46
Try this one for now....... http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard

JohnSchoonsBeard
05-11-2015, 13:50
Try this one for now....... http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard

Thank you Roger. It's great being able to compare my times on PS4 by car at least with PC users.

cry_inc
05-11-2015, 20:21
Thanks guys, got a notification for your post a few hours ago. Restarted the server software and now everything should be up and going as usual.

StudeBakerAE86
05-11-2015, 21:07
Thank you for the quick support! Now I can see all my times again!

Go and beet me on California Highway with any street car! :D

Krus Control
05-11-2015, 21:15
Or for a real challenge chase my Azure Coast times (GT86 LOVER)

Renoldo1990
06-11-2015, 07:12
Nice work :)
I played around with this site a bit and what i found remarkable is that the times for the PS4-Players are much faster on every track. (at least for GT3 - didn't compared another series yet.)
So i'm curious why it is like that? Are there more player on PS4 then on PC? Is it just a different game? I mean it's a 'simulation'. You should do the same times on PC and Ps4?
Or is the GT3 series on PC just not as popular as on PS4?

Roger Prynne
06-11-2015, 17:16
Interesting observation.

ermo
06-11-2015, 17:47
Nice work :)
I played around with this site a bit and what i found remarkable is that the times for the PS4-Players are much faster on every track. (at least for GT3 - didn't compared another series yet.)
So i'm curious why it is like that? Are there more player on PS4 then on PC? Is it just a different game? I mean it's a 'simulation'. You should do the same times on PC and Ps4?
Or is the GT3 series on PC just not as popular as on PS4?

PS4 players are clearly better racers than the PC slowpokes. ;)

(no, I'm not being serious -- I agree with Roger that it is an interesting observation that probably deserves a bit of attention from SMS as to why that might be)

Krus Control
06-11-2015, 18:36
Too bad we can't see the PS4 laptimes or I would beat whichever ones have you convinced console players are better
(I don't know which group has the better racers, I just want a challenge)

poirqc
06-11-2015, 20:27
It may just be that GT3 seems to be the most crowded category. Since there's more PS4 player, there's more chances the leaderboard will be filled with PS4 players.

Roger Prynne
06-11-2015, 22:40
As Bealdor said to me "IMO that's because the PC leaderboards are pretty empty. Not many players seem to bother with TT mode/hotlapping."

dbo35
07-11-2015, 01:45
good lord cool site but i'm amazed at how many people that I race with use external views...

Sloskimo
07-11-2015, 06:16
Site seems to have gone the way of the dodo again, at least for me.

konnos
07-11-2015, 10:41
Yep

StudeBakerAE86
13-11-2015, 09:58
Or for a real challenge chase my Azure Coast times (GT86 LOVER)

I´m on it! Only 6,4 seconds to cut. Watch your mirror! :D

Go and beet me on California Highway with the GT86 with stock setup!

@cry_inc: is it possible to add the gap time between the first and the rest?

konnos
13-11-2015, 15:16
So much love for GT86? i haven't even driven it yet? :P Is it the free car?

Krus Control
13-11-2015, 15:51
I´m on it! Only 6,4 seconds to cut. Watch your mirror! :D

Go and beet me on California Highway with the GT86 with stock setup!

6.4 seconds is quite a bit. Though I will say that is still fast. Are you using stock setup? If so it's really close to my time. This is the slice of time that you will have the most difficulty gaining though eve with a tune. I'll go beat your California time even though I usually just stick to the coast. And I'm not using their silly default. My setup should be worth at least 3-4 sec across the entire highway.

Krus Control
13-11-2015, 15:52
So much love for GT86? i haven't even driven it yet? :P Is it the free car?

FRS is free car so yes :)

Krus Control
13-11-2015, 16:44
Time set. I can do a 8:19-21 but this should be good for now.

StudeBakerAE86
13-11-2015, 19:49
6.4 seconds is quite a bit. Though I will say that is still fast. Are you using stock setup? If so it's really close to my time. This is the slice of time that you will have the most difficulty gaining though eve with a tune. I'll go beat your California time even though I usually just stick to the coast. And I'm not using their silly default. My setup should be worth at least 3-4 sec across the entire highway.

It´s now hard to find the missing time on the track... I use a custom setup for this now.
Your California time is good. damn, I´m 2 seconds behind you with the custom setup.
Sent you a Steam friendship request.

@konnos: Well, it is a fun little low power car. Try it on the highway or coast drive

Krus Control
13-11-2015, 19:56
If you do beat it I'll have to go back and reset a lap and I'll probably find 3 sec. This is what I've been doing here. A few people have woken the beast.

cry_inc
17-11-2015, 18:44
Its great to see that my tool is used to create some motivation to compete :) Keep on driving and smashing lap times!

Since the reliability of the update and service of the tool was not satisfactorily over the last weeks I just moved the system to another machine with a new database setup and some rewritten backend parts. This should solve some problems caused by memory shortage. Ideally nothing changed and everything still works as usually. But I assume something somewhere was forgotten and is now broken. So if you see some bugs or other weired behavior please let me know via PM or in this thread. Thanks!

is it possible to add the gap time between the first and the rest?
Noted and on my list.
Edit: Now implemented for the tracks tab.

pippinfort
15-12-2015, 15:56
Dude, awesome website.

Please see my request here - about making sector times visible without need to hover.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43082-Project-CARS-Leaderboards-a-development-request

cry_inc
17-12-2015, 22:51
Implemented for the tracks tab. But since this adds a lot of extra clutter, its strictly optional.

pippinfort
18-12-2015, 11:36
Implemented for the tracks tab. But since this adds a lot of extra clutter, its strictly optional.

Dude, that is awesome. How can I buy you a beer?

cry_inc
18-12-2015, 12:47
How can I buy you a beer?

Not necessary. But if you ever happen to be around Stuttgart, send me a PM. And since we all like pretty cars don't forget to visit here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_Museum,_Stuttgart) and here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_Museum) :D

thomasjohansen
03-01-2016, 15:24
Hi I have been using the Pcars TT java tool a kind guy made, but its not updated anymore.
And your website does the same sort of.

But missing one feature:

The possibility to sort on "Relative standing" the procent number after the Rank.

And... showning more laps on first page.....

just my thought of making a great tool/website better.

Edit: got one more.. Showing the WR for the lap (when in user list)

cry_inc
04-01-2016, 19:17
The possibility to sort on "Relative standing" the procent number after the Rank.
Implemented.

Showing the WR for the lap
The record is now visible in the details of a lap time (behind the magnifying glass).

showing more laps on first page
May be later this week :) And thank you for the suggestions!

cry_inc
05-01-2016, 19:52
showing more laps on first page
Now also implemented. Each user can now choose how many rows per page should be displayed.
The settings are saved in the local storage of the browser, just like friends and your own user name.

I also added a chart that shows how the numbers of users and lap times developed over time (info tab).

thomasjohansen
12-01-2016, 07:29
Fantastic, and thank you. A great tool just got better.

Benja190782
05-02-2016, 21:47
Is there any known difference from the PC leaderboards and the console leaderboards?

Because I'm on Xbox One and I just did 01:24:917 on Oulton Park Island in a BMW E30 Group A, with Real Assists on and manual + clutch and my TH8A shifter.

But on the PC leaderboards the best time is 01:25:291

How can that be?

poirqc
05-02-2016, 21:54
Is there any known difference from the PC leaderboards and the console leaderboards?

Because I'm on Xbox One and I just did 01:24:917 on Oulton Park Island in a BMW E30 Group A, with Real Assists on and manual + clutch and my TH8A shifter.

But on the PC leaderboards the best time is 01:25:291

How can that be?

I was wondering, is there a place where we can view console leaderboard?

Thanks,

Benja190782
06-02-2016, 05:06
^^
Not that I know - but could you tell why there only is a few good times on the PC leaderboards, like the top 3.
The rest is not fast times at all, and the distance between them is huge.

Let's say from #3 to #10 there can be 2 or 3 seconds in difference.

There is something wrong with the PC leaderboards imo.

Why is there so much difference? Can I even compare my times on Xbox One with you guys on PC?

poirqc
06-02-2016, 11:26
^^
Not that I know - but could you tell why there only is a few good times on the PC leaderboards, like the top 3.
The rest is not fast times at all, and the distance between them is huge.

Let's say from #3 to #10 there can be 2 or 3 seconds in difference.

There is something wrong with the PC leaderboards imo.

Why is there so much difference? Can I even compare my times on Xbox One with you guys on PC?

Smaller player base? Less player doing TT? I don't know.

Silraed
06-02-2016, 11:32
A lot less players doing TT I think.

hagar147
19-02-2016, 12:48
A while ago you implemented the ability of filtering laptimes for more than one car, which was a very welcome feature. Is it possible to implement the feature of filtering the times for one particular CAR CLASS? I know it is possible to manually select every car of a class one by one, but it would be nice to be able to select all cars at once. Especially for the GT3 class which has quite a few cars in it, this would gain some time.

beetes_juice
19-02-2016, 13:01
Smaller player base? Less player doing TT? I don't know.

This. and

A lot less players doing TT I think.

This

cry_inc
25-02-2016, 17:22
Is it possible to implement the feature of filtering the times for one particular CAR CLASS?
Sorry for the late reply, but instead of a promise I wanted to wait until I had something solid to present :-) Just a few minutes ago I updated the page and activated a feature that allows to put all vehicles from a class into the "multi vehicle selection". Hope this fulfills your needs.

We should also all thank Jussi Karjalainen for the list of vehicle classes. He provided me with the data since I found no easy way of automatically extract the data from Steam or the game files. Without his help, this feature would not be possible!

Mad LL
25-02-2016, 18:34
Wow, Jussi is really everywhere. :)

Did you also talk about the long-standing "Real aids" limitation by chance ? He is one of those involved in the Project cars setup database (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar) where you can find the real assists data for each vehicle*, so I thought maybe he can send you this list as well. This way, you could see if the assists used by the player match the real ones and replace the [+] in the leaderboards by a [R] for example.

Of course, there may be further complications that I'm not aware of.

* choose a car and click on the (i) icon

lollygag
25-02-2016, 19:31
I agree with Mad.. the real life assists should should be distinguished from assists that the car does not really have..

And I actually think "auto clutch" needs its own column as this is much more of an artificial aid than any electronic driver assist for a car with manual clutch.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
25-02-2016, 19:39
Wow, Jussi is really everywhere. :)Well, you know me... =)

Sorry for the late reply, but instead of a promise I wanted to wait until I had something solid to present :-) Just a few minutes ago I updated the page and activated a feature that allows to put all vehicles from a class into the "multi vehicle selection". Hope this fulfills your needs.

We should also all thank Jussi Karjalainen for the list of vehicle classes. He provided me with the data since I found no easy way of automatically extract the data from Steam or the game files. Without his help, this feature would not be possible!Happy to help, and thank YOU for doing me that special page for my data mining. =)

And if that Real Assists thing is something you want to look into, I can get you that data as well.

hagar147
25-02-2016, 19:43

We should also all thank Jussi Karjalainen for the list of vehicle classes. He provided me with the data since I found no easy way of automatically extract the data from Steam or the game files. Without his help, this feature would not be possible!

Wow! Thanks very much for this! Heroes!

billzkid
26-02-2016, 07:31
Wauu, good addition to the site :)

I haven't read the whole thread so I have one suggestion or maybe just a question because I don't know if it's possible. Would it be possible to somehow implement to share link to the track/car combo. For example if I wanted to link to someone lap times for Formula A for Monza?

Speeddmon91
28-02-2016, 18:02
would it be possible for it to generate a url link for a search

cry_inc
28-02-2016, 18:52
[...] you could see if the assists used by the player match the real ones and replace the [+] in the leaderboards by a [R] for example.
I will try to get my hands on the real assists data and integrate that.

Would it be possible to somehow implement to share link to the track/car combo

would it be possible for it to generate a url link for a search

"Deeps links" are a feature have been on my on wishlist for some time, including support for the browsers forward/backward buttons. But since that requires some substantial changes I'm not sure if and when I can deliver that. I will look into it.

bradleyland
28-02-2016, 19:11
So, cry_inc, I've been wondering what runs the site on the backend. I see you're using bootstrap and angular on the front end. Is it nodejs backed? I see Express in the x-powered-by header. Also, is the code open source?

The app is great, btw. Really great work!

cry_inc
28-02-2016, 19:33
Thanks! And yes, all your assumptions are correct. The backend is also written in JavaScript and powered by Node.js with some Express. The database I use currently is SQLite. Earlier versions did use MongoDB. But it was slower and did use way more memory. Just not the right thing for something like a leaderboard table :-)

It is not yet Open Source or available as full source code in any other form. Like always, I planned to put it on GitHub once I have cleaned up the source code (VERY unlikely to happen :p). But if you have some concrete ideas and are capable of proving that you are able to implement them, I would consider to put it under some Open Source license without any previous changes.

In any other case, should I stop hosting this thing myself as a service, I will also release it as Open Source application.

cry_inc
29-02-2016, 19:45
The support for real assists is now live. If someone used only assists that come with the vehicle, it displays a yellow "R" instead of a red "+". You don't have to use all of the real assists of the vehicle to get the "R" rating, one is enough. It ignores the auto clutch aid (but you will still get an yellow "C" rating if you turn everything of except the auto clutch).

Big Thanks again to Jussi for providing the data!

M. -VIPER- Morgan
02-03-2016, 13:33
First of all thanks for your great work cry_inc.

A small request: is it possible to add the average ranking position and the average percentage value over all your own times and maybe friends times?

Thanks in advance.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
04-03-2016, 06:51
I use "Real Assists" every time, I only switch the "Auto Clutch" sometimes.
But now I see with the new feature of the leaderboard that most of my times have still a "+".

I am a little bit confused, is there something wrong with the new feature or is there a bug in the game with the assist settings?

@cry_inc: where do you have all the infos, which car has what real assists. Can you provide this information. Then I am able to check, if there is something wrong on my side. Thanks.

lollygag
04-03-2016, 15:41
Its because you have damage disabled, auto gears or the driving line on.

cry_inc
04-03-2016, 16:07
@cry_inc: where do you have all the infos, which car has what real assists. Can you provide this information.

Not yet in a nice presentable form, but the raw data can be fetched using this URL: http://pcars.13ms.de/vehicles You can use a site like https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/ to format in into something more readable. And what lollygag said, no other aids except auto clutch are allowed to get the "R" rating.

lollygag
04-03-2016, 16:41
Real life Assists (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44494-List-of-the-cars-with-their-electronic-assists&highlight=assists)

M. -VIPER- Morgan
04-03-2016, 17:00
Its because you have damage disabled, auto gears or the driving line on.
I have damage fully enabled, manual gearing and driving line off. Only Auto Clutch sometimes enabled.

lollygag
04-03-2016, 17:36
You have Stability Control enabled on every entry. In GT3 for instance, only the BMW Z4 has SC. if you mouse over the assists column, it shows the assists used

M. -VIPER- Morgan
04-03-2016, 17:40
You have Stability Control enabled on every entry. In GT3 for instance, only the BMW Z4 has SC. if you mouse over the assists column, it shows the assists used
I saw it too.
But my in game setting is on real, where the SC, TC and ABS setting is locked.
I checked it again. Maybe there is a bug in the game (for example an old default.sav from a time where the real setting did not exist), I don't know. Really strange.

beetes_juice
04-03-2016, 17:47
I saw it too.
But my in game setting is on real, where the SC, TC and ABS setting is locked.
I checked it again. Maybe there is a bug in the game, I don't know. Really strange.

Lb assist thing is a little buggy. What you need to do is set the assists to on, not real, in the settings, then individually turn on/off assists to match what the real assists are. This will show correctly on the TT sites.

lollygag
04-03-2016, 17:49
In pCars/settings/Gameplay section, if you have Driving Assists Allowed set to "Real" but left the 3 assists below it "On" then your using all of them.. It doesn't work as expected.

You must set it to "All" and set the assists themselves to "Off" then you can set it to "Real". This is how room settings in multiplayer as well.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
04-03-2016, 17:56
In pCars/settings/Gameplay section, if you have Driving Assists Allowed set to "Real" but left the 3 assists below it "On" then your using all of them.. It doesn't work as expected.

You must set it to "All" and set the assists themselves to "Off" then you can set it to "Real". This is how room settings in multiplayer as well.

Thanks for the info, I will test it.

Update: First test was negative. Drove a time with the Cadillac @ Nürburgring Müllenbach and the leaderboard shows SC enabled again.
Changed assists to all, switched SC, TC, ABS to No and changed to Real again. But then if I klicked the menu back button the three locked assists showed Yes for a short moment before the screen switched to the main menu. Is this normal?

Update 2: There is definitely a bug in the game. See my post here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27376-Bug-Report-Time-Trial-records-assists-as-being-quot-on-quot-when-quot-Real-assists-quot-used-amp-off&p=1247318&viewfull=1#post1247318).
In result you have to set your assists settings manually, if you want a "R" in the leaderboard. That means the Assists to All and then ABS, TC and SC to yes or no. The Real Assists setting works correct in game, but the Leaderboard shows additionally SC enabled in my test case with the Cadillac GT3.

cry_inc
10-03-2016, 20:25
Just deployed an update that enables basic deep linking support.

Not yet all tabs and states/selections/configurations support deep links.
I will try to add the remaining missing deep links over time.

Examples of already working deep links:
* Specific track and vehicle: http://pcars.13ms.de/#/times/921120824?vehicle=2248141984
* Specific track and vehicle plus highlighted user: http://pcars.13ms.de/#/times/921120824?vehicle=2248141984&user=76561197984645247
* All times of a specific user: http://pcars.13ms.de/#/users/76561198027009243
* Most popular track/vehicle combinations: http://pcars.13ms.de/#/top/combinations

Also new: The vehicles tab that shows the class and real assists for all vehicles: http://pcars.13ms.de/#/vehicles

As always I'm happy to hear your feedback about the changes and additions.

Roger Prynne
11-03-2016, 13:53
Excellent work mate.... thanks.

Fanapryde
24-03-2016, 13:20
sorry, deleted my post since it turned out the issue solved itself...

cry_inc
24-09-2016, 11:15
Sloskimo and AH_Sid reported me a problem with the page at http://pcars.13ms.de/ no longer updating (Thanks!).

After looking into it, it seems that the stats can not update because the underlying Steam leaderboards are no longer public and report this error:

<response><error>No public global leaderboards available</error></response>

Since the in-game leaderboard does still work, I can only assum that either Valve or SMS restricted the access to the Steam leaderboards.
If anyone knows someone at SMS that could help, please let him/her know or provide me some contact information via PM :cool:

Would be a shame if this problem could not be solved. According to my own stats there are still around 200 people looking into their lap times each day!

Roger Prynne
24-09-2016, 13:42
^ working OK for me.

cry_inc
24-09-2016, 13:54
@Roger: The page itself ist still working, but the updating mechanism does not. The data is was last updated Tue Sep 20 2016 22:20:02 GMT+0200. Further updates are no longer possible due to the new restriction of the Steam leaderboards API. The stats from http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/ seem still to work, I assume they use a non-public version of the leaderboard API that does require an API key or something similar.

Roger Prynne
26-09-2016, 13:42
^ Ah OK.

bradleyland
26-09-2016, 14:02
Does anyone have contacts on the pCARS team who could maybe hook cry_inc up with the right person to get access? Honestly, his version of the leaderboard browser is the only one I ever use. It's so much more feature complete and refined. Really incredible work. It would be a shame for the community to lose this resource because of broad changes to Steam policies.

Mahjik
26-09-2016, 15:26
Does anyone have contacts on the pCARS team who could maybe hook cry_inc up with the right person to get access? Honestly, his version of the leaderboard browser is the only one I ever use. It's so much more feature complete and refined. Really incredible work. It would be a shame for the community to lose this resource because of broad changes to Steam policies.

It has been posted for the devs. However, there is no guarantee they will respond.

Alexandru Marian
27-09-2016, 09:06
We never changed anything on pCARS 1 and Valve has not notified us of any changes on their side.

We'll have a look to see if we can figure out what's going on.

Alexandru Marian
27-09-2016, 10:00
It seems Valve have made some changes to the leaderboards that have broken the XML API. There are quite a few developers complaining about it on the official Valve developer forums.

The reason why the game itself and the http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/ work is because neither use the XML API.

We'll try to discuss this with Valve and see if we can fix this issue quickly.

bradleyland
27-09-2016, 13:55
Didn't Valve depreciate the XML APIs? There's been a notice on this page for a while:

https://partner.steamgames.com/documentation/community_data

WARNING: The community XML data is deprecated. We recommend using the web APIs whenever possible.

Alexandru, are you guys using the web APIs, or a private API?

cry_inc, if you need help refactoring to consume a different API, the community may be able to provide some help. What language is your leaderboard site written in? Looks like a nodejs app server.

Alexandru Marian
27-09-2016, 13:58
The XML APIs are being deprecated yes. On our stats page we use the web API (and the game itself uses the Steam SDK provided by Valve which talks directly to the Steam client).

I was going to try and see if we can get Valve to fix the XML API anyway because I know the alternative is to ask the community to re-write the custom stats website to use the web API instead which is possibly something that might take a long time to do.

bradleyland
27-09-2016, 14:49
Yeah, that definitely makes the most sense for the community. I'm feeling a lack of confidence that they'll do anything because that depreciation notice has been around since I last messed with the Steam APIs, and that was ages ago. I want to say 2013 or so.

Fingers crossed that they'll fix it! :)

cry_inc
27-09-2016, 16:08
Alexandru, thanks for the investigation and the update!

I was aware of the deprecation of the XML API when I wrote the code for my page. There are two reasons that made me use the old XML API:

The XML API was open and required no API key -> unlimited amount of requests -> allows multiple updates per day. The web API is limited to 100k requests per day. Depening on the number of players, leaderboards, times, updates per day etc. its possible that I would need more requests.
The new Web API does seem to require a special API key. I have a Steam API key that is already used on the page for stuff like getting the friends of a user from Steam. The access to game leaderboards seems to have a different restriction in place since I am not able to read them (https://api.steampowered.com/ISteamLeaderboards/GetLeaderboardsForGame/v2/?key=<mykey>&appid=234630)

If I could aquire a API that gives me access to the leaderboards via Web API and a higher request limit, I would be willing to rewrite the updater code.

@bradleyland: Yes, it's written in JavaScript with NodeJS. Adapting the code should be realtively simple since I already use the Web API for other requests.

Bernice_Richardson
27-09-2016, 16:15
ood because here is another weeks event and nothing after 26 or 27 events...

Alexandru Marian
29-09-2016, 10:01
Unfortunately this is the reply we got on the developer support forums:

At this point, you might want to consider using the Web API.

https://lab.xpaw.me/steam_api_documentation.html#ISteamLeaderboards_GetLeaderboardsForGame_v2
https://lab.xpaw.me/steam_api_documentation.html#ISteamLeaderboards_GetLeaderboardEntries_v1

The problem with using the Web API is that you will need a private key to access the leaderboard functions as I think they are not accessible via the public key. The private key would also open up access to editing the configuration which I'm afraid we don't want to open access to :P

We're having a think internally about alternatives.

RevoluT
29-09-2016, 20:54
Hello, Im new to the game but seems I can't record my lap times on the leaderboard. I've tried everywhere, time attack, practice, etc...

Is there a particular way to save those lap times?

Scott Coffey
30-09-2016, 11:33
Hello, Im new to the game but seems I can't record my lap times on the leaderboard. I've tried everywhere, time attack, practice, etc...

Is there a particular way to save those lap times?

Are you running in Time Trial mode? It's the only way the game allows you to post a time.

RevoluT
30-09-2016, 19:52
Are you running in Time Trial mode? It's the only way the game allows you to post a time.

Yes, tried using ghosts, tried not using ghosts, pretty much everything. I also verified that I did not cut at any point. I dont know what to do. :(

McKiernan
30-09-2016, 21:22
Yes, tried using ghosts, tried not using ghosts, pretty much everything. I also verified that I did not cut at any point. I dont know what to do. :(
For your times to show up in Time Trial mode, you have to set two consecutive clean laps. It can take a while (around 15 or so mins) for your time to show up. You'll also need to have set a time within the top 3,000.

lollygag
01-10-2016, 00:22
Actually, you just have to produce a single clean lap in time trial, the # of leaderboard entrys is unlimited.

@ RevoluT , In what track have you done a lap, what was the approx laptime and what is your Steam name?

RevoluT
02-10-2016, 00:53
I've tried in Mazda raceway with A1 Quattro, my best clean lap was 1:43:HIGH, if im not mistaken i would have taken #3 or 4#. I also tried to do slower laps, but cant get it in the leaderboard.

My steam name is revolutionx10.

Thank you for your time.

bradleyland
02-10-2016, 02:57
I've tried in Mazda raceway with A1 Quattro, my best clean lap was 1:43:HIGH, if im not mistaken i would have taken #3 or 4#. I also tried to do slower laps, but cant get it in the leaderboard.

Thank you for your time.

Try checking the official PC leaderboard:

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com

RevoluT
02-10-2016, 22:24
Is there any problem related to the car configurations? Like 1L of fuel or something?

lollygag
02-10-2016, 22:35
When you do your time trial is that what you see in the HUD?, 1l?
because if so, your not in time trial. In time trial it will show 5l unchanging.

RevoluT
02-10-2016, 23:01
When you do your time trial is that what you see in the HUD?, 1l?
because if so, your not in time trial. In time trial it will show 5l unchanging.

I had not paid attetion to the HUD, it is indeed 5L althought I configured the car to have only 1L. Now I managed to pull a 1:38:259 clean, still cant get my name there. :(

Is there any car configuration that could affect this?

Silraed
03-10-2016, 09:44
Could you possibly upload a video of a lap?

Mahjik
03-10-2016, 13:08

Thank you for your time.

Just curious, which pCARS version are you using?

RevoluT
03-10-2016, 19:13
Just curious, which pCARS version are you using?

Not sure what you mean... the buildID on steam?

I'll try to upload a video if my processor manages to handle the recording without dropping the fps too much.

RevoluT
03-10-2016, 21:26
Could you possibly upload a video of a lap?

Heres the video, not my best lap since I failed pretty much everything after the dive.

https://youtu.be/_JopP3OgX6w

Zpectre87
04-10-2016, 00:23
I've got a PB on Bathurst. M1 Procar, 2:11.215.

It shows in official leaderboard but not in the alternative one for some reason.

Mahjik
04-10-2016, 01:41
It shows in official leaderboard but not in the alternative one for some reason.

The XML API is deprecated by Valve/Steam so the Alternative Leaderboard no longer functions.