PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel movement alignment

amitlr
21-06-2015, 14:13
Apologize if this was asked before, couldn't find anything.

Is there any way to align the steering wheel movement in cockpit view, compared to real input?
This has been noticeable while i play a replay. Since i don't use cockpit view during the race, i will watch it in cockpit view later, in a replay.
I don't mind a few degrees of difference, but, simple mid speed corners see the wheel turning almost 270 degrees. compared to the real input actually used of around 90 degrees.
Wheel is T300RS on the PS4. Tested with the Merc 190E Evo 2, but its seen with most cars.

LordDRIFT
21-06-2015, 14:27
Go to controls and press square to calibrate. Follow instructions not the displayed rotation degrees.

JeyD02
21-06-2015, 14:33
Yes when you calibrate your wheel make your the 90° values matches the full degree of rotation that you have set for your wheel.

Look if you have it at 900° make sure the 90° calibration gives 900° and so forth.

LordDRIFT
21-06-2015, 14:50
Yes when you calibrate your wheel make your the 90° values matches the full degree of rotation that you have set for your wheel.

Look if you have it at 900° make sure the 90° calibration gives 900° and so forth.

This is exactly what you shouldn't do or you could end up with an off centered wheel. The 90 degrees should be physical not displayed.

JeyD02
21-06-2015, 15:00
This is exactly what you shouldn't do or you could end up with an off centered wheel. The 90 degrees should be physical not displayed.

im sorry but you are wrong. i have tested it many times. and if you do it physically you actually will end up off center by little or a lot of degree your sense of perspective its not perfect, and you could test it while going in coptiview and see how off center you are. the full degree of rotation should be preset at the 90* degree calibration . this will give you a perfect value so that you could calibrate the wheel correctly.

amitlr
21-06-2015, 16:32
I set the wheel according to Thrustmaster instructions. If i remember correctly , i need to set to 900* while the physical wheel as at 90* to either side.
What am i missing?

"On the PS4™ version of the game, you can calibrate your wheel in the game’s options in order to improve the gameplay (and match same ratio as the cockpit view).
1) Go to OPTIONS / CONTROLS tab.
2) Press the SQUARE button on your wheel to launch the calibration.
3) Follow the instructions. Steering Lock:
- T300: put your wheel in the 900° position.
- T500: put your wheel in the 1080° position.
- T100: put your wheel in the 240° position.
- T80: put your wheel in the 240° position.
4) Press the X button on your wheel to save your calibration.
Once the process is completed, the Steering Lock will be automatically adjusted to your cars."

Also, does the T300 have to be at the 1080* mode while doing this?. I change the mode during play depending on the car (1080,900,540).

C6ckneyGeezer
21-06-2015, 16:38
It's strange how TM say set the T100 to 240* yet it's a 270* wheel? Or am I wrong?

JeyD02
21-06-2015, 16:46
It's strange how TM say set the T100 to 240* yet it's a 270* wheel? Or am I wrong?

does it have a soft lock by the end of the rotation?

C6ckneyGeezer
21-06-2015, 16:59
does it have a soft lock by the end of the rotation?

Sorry for being stupid, but what does that mean?

LordDRIFT
21-06-2015, 17:09
This was not the case with my wheel. set at 900 I ended up with wheel slightly right. So I made a jig to make sure I wasn't crazy. My wheel is perfectly center at around 887. Either way. I wouldn't be surprised if tolerances are loose across their pos products.

LordDRIFT
21-06-2015, 17:12
Yea what's the deal with the soft and hard lock. Before mine had a hard lock. Now there is motor resistance to reach the lock

Sebstinator
21-06-2015, 22:08
Try using cockpit view in race...
It could simply be a replay issue...

chig88
22-06-2015, 13:36
This was not the case with my wheel. set at 900 I ended up with wheel slightly right. So I made a jig to make sure I wasn't crazy. My wheel is perfectly center at around 887. Either way. I wouldn't be surprised if tolerances are loose across their pos products.

Have you tried resetting the wheel's centre value? Mine was off by a little bit as well, but since I've reset the centre value it seems very close to perfect at 900.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00158.pdf

LordDRIFT
22-06-2015, 14:12
Have you tried resetting the wheel's centre value? Mine was off by a little bit as well, but since I've reset the centre value it seems very close to perfect at 900.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00158.pdf

My wheel is in the garbage can. When it did work it was flawless though. Only complaint I had otherwise was the dpad operation and harsh feel.

wyldanimal
22-06-2015, 21:01
Yea what's the deal with the soft and hard lock. Before mine had a hard lock. Now there is motor resistance to reach the lock

T300's have a soft Lock, where the Motor's resist you turning it any further.
Soft Lock = Motors Push to stop you from turning.

It also has a Hard Lock. A Mechanical Post in the Wheel that Physically prevents you from turning it any further.

Hard Lock = Physical Stop

Step one on T300 is to turn the Wheel all the way to the Hard Lock, with a bit of force to overcome the soft lock.
This could be as much as another 10 degrees of rotation.

Then while Holding it at the hard lock press the X

The next step it to rotate the Wheel to exactly 900 degrees. hold it there. Press X

If you only turn the wheel to the Soft Stop.

Then Instead of 900, you'd have to hold the Wheel at around 890

you lost that extra 10 degrees to get to the Hard lock ( it's on both sides )

LordDRIFT
22-06-2015, 23:39
T300's have a soft Lock, where the Motor's resist you turning it any further.
Soft Lock = Motors Push to stop you from turning.

It also has a Hard Lock. A Mechanical Post in the Wheel that Physically prevents you from turning it any further.

Hard Lock = Physical Stop

Step one on T300 is to turn the Wheel all the way to the Hard Lock, with a bit of force to overcome the soft lock.
This could be as much as another 10 degrees of rotation.

Then while Holding it at the hard lock press the X

The next step it to rotate the Wheel to exactly 900 degrees. hold it there. Press X

If you only turn the wheel to the Soft Stop.

Then Instead of 900, you'd have to hold the Wheel at around 890

you lost that extra 10 degrees to get to the Hard lock ( it's on both sides )

All this I know. What I'm saying is out of the box I had only a hard lock. Then 2 days ago my wheel starts fritzin and all of a sudden I have the soft lock.

wyldanimal
23-06-2015, 19:25
My wheel is in the garbage can. When it did work it was flawless though. Only complaint I had otherwise was the dpad operation and harsh feel.

How much do you want for it?
if you are throwing it out, I'd pay for the shipping to get it...

LordDRIFT
23-06-2015, 19:41
How much do you want for it?
if you are throwing it out, I'd pay for the shipping to get it...

Called TM yesterday and they are having me go through the motions. I need to run some test they sent me and email results for a decision. We'll see what happens with warranty and go from there.

amitlr
24-06-2015, 08:08
Back to the original question...

Is it only me that see the huge rotation difference in replay steering animation?
I just noticed another slimier thread,where there is way too much turning of the wheel ,on high speed corners. Although the physical input is reflected in the reply correctly.
In my case, my physical input is small, but the replay steering animation is huge. I don't see (yet) how this is a calibration fault.