PDA

View Full Version : Tire wear updates?

madmaz116
21-06-2015, 14:45
ok correct me if im wrong here, but tyre wear still doesnt not seem to work properly. Im doing GT3 racing in my career , did a 25 lap main race, with one mandatory pit stop, I have tyre wear on x 4. Towards the end of the race Im still driving fine on my tyres while the Ai is pitting all over the place, and im some case the ai is not pitting at all and driving round even going past the pits with punctures. I thought all this supposed to have been sorted in the patch, well clearly it isnt , and for me enough is enough if thats the case, this game is shelved.

nomen nescio
21-06-2015, 14:57
So you stop playing pCars of the tire wear while there are tons of positive things in this game to enjoy.

Odd!

Enigmatica
21-06-2015, 14:58
Wow this game is literally unplayable. Refunding now!

/s

Umer Ahmad
21-06-2015, 15:07
iirc upcoming patch 1.5 has additional player and AI tyre wear adjustments

Mahjik
21-06-2015, 15:08
I thought all this supposed to have been sorted in the patch, well clearly it isnt

It was never listed in the patch notes and the devs never said it was going to be in the 1.4 patch. What was said was that the devs are updating the wear but it was going to take a lot of testing so it would be in as soon as it was ready. One of the devs has already logged over 200 hours of testing for the wear updates so it's not a flick of the switch change.

EDIT: Also updated the title to be more descriptive. Please use descriptive titles on future posts.

PTG Claret
21-06-2015, 15:10
It was never listed in the patch notes and the devs never said it was going to be in the 1.4 patch. What was said was that the devs are updating the wear but it was going to take a lot of testing so it would be in as soon as it was ready. One of the devs has already logged over 200 hours of testing for the wear updates so it's not a flick of the switch change.

EDIT: Also updated the title to be more descriptive. Please use descriptive titles on future posts.

Is that 200 hrs since the game was released to the general public, or 200 hrs since people started testing the game several years ago?

Mahjik
21-06-2015, 15:14
Is that 200 hrs since the game was released to the general public, or 200 hrs since people started testing the game several years ago?

Since release. One of the devs commented on this forum that they aren't sure how/why the wear changed (i.e. it wasn't like this some time before release). The comment was they suspected a change in the underlying physics calculations for performance reasons altered how wear was being calculated making the original implementation not as designed. This is forcing them to re-evaluate all of the wear so it's taking some time.

Mahjik
21-06-2015, 15:19
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-GOOD-INFO-INSIDE!-tyre-wear&p=995861#post995861

jim jonez
21-06-2015, 15:29
Really annoying when one has a valid issue and kills it off with a silly reason....

Mahjik
21-06-2015, 15:46
Really annoying when one has a valid issue and kills it off with a silly reason....

So honesty is now being called silly?

Robert Gerke
21-06-2015, 15:49
So you stop playing pCars of the tire wear while there are tons of positive things in this game to enjoy.

Odd!

What use to me all the great things, if the decisive factor fails in competition?

NOTHING !!!!

Operation successful, patient dead!

Simulation means that this very decisive things are working properly!

nomen nescio
21-06-2015, 16:04
What use to me all the great things, if the decisive factor fails in competition?

NOTHING !!!!

Operation successful, patient dead!

Simulation means that this very decisive things are working properly!That decisive factor (I believe it's the tire wear?) you're talking about is for every pCars racer the same. So your point is not valid. Unless you copy works differentely than other's.

jim jonez
21-06-2015, 16:14
So honesty is now being called silly?

i think so if you say you want to shelve the game because of a tire wear issue....... i get crashes and other little issues and continue to play till it gets resolved.

madmaz116
21-06-2015, 16:28
Wow this game is literally unplayable. Refunding now!

/s

I never said the game was unplayable ..I said the tyre wear is not working properly , and dont you think in a racing such as this thats quite an important factor, no it doesnt stop me playing the game but it it does take away from the realism and enjoyment for me. (and why was my title changed?...man you mods need to chill out.)

Mahjik
21-06-2015, 16:29
i think so if you say you want to shelve the game because of a tire wear issue....... i get crashes and other little issues and continue to play till it gets resolved.

Ok, you were referring to the OP's comment. It's hard to tell what you were referencing with your comment since you didn't quote anything (i.e. it appeared you were responding to the post before yours).

Mahjik
21-06-2015, 16:30
(and why was my title changed?...man you mods need to chill out.)

The title was changed to make it more clear what the post was about. This helps others when searching and viewing the forum (ex, they may have the same concerns about tire wear).

jim jonez
21-06-2015, 16:32
Ok, you were referring to the OP's comment. It's hard to tell what you were referencing with your comment since you didn't quote anything (i.e. it appeared you were responding to the post before yours).

My bad for not referencing my reply

Robert Gerke
21-06-2015, 16:35
Sorry nomen,

for me and many Racers in my surroundings, a
Exact working tyre wear and some other important
Simulations areas, absolutely important.

nomen nescio
21-06-2015, 18:33
Sorry nomen,

for me and many Racers in my surroundings, a
Exact working tyre wear and some other important
Simulations areas, absolutely important.No need to apologize, I understand that realisme is important. It is too me as well. But in the end, I don't make much problems about it, it is afterall just a game.

Let's hope SMS will fix it.

Doug914
21-06-2015, 22:42
iirc upcoming patch 1.5 has additional player and AI tyre wear adjustments

Correct