PDA

View Full Version : Feedback by someone who has raced with the BMW E30 Gr.A IRL.

NemethR
21-06-2015, 16:24
I have a friend, who was at our place today, and he raced the Real BMW E30 Gr.A car back then.

So I showed him tha game, I was curious what he would say about it.
The pointed the following points out:

1. The cars is much easier to slide through the corner, in the game it is too nose heavy, it should start moving the rear even in 3rd gear when you push 100% throttle in a short time.
2. You cannot shift down gear in the car without using the Clutch. (at least it is very hard, to hit the proper rpm, when to downshift)

I am not sure if this info was missing, or it if is by purpose left out of the game, but tought I share it.

wraithsrike
21-06-2015, 16:35
In his opinion.

Compareing it to the car he drove knowing that the likely hood of his car and the ingame car having the the same setup is very unlikely.

So many different variables, it's not comparable, even the cars in real life all have different set ups.

NemethR
21-06-2015, 16:43
In his opinion.

Compareing it to the car he drove knowing that the likely hood of his car and the ingame car having the the same setup is very unlikely.

So many different variables, it's not comparable, even the cars in real life all have different set ups.

In his opinion, but the fact, that the car does not slide a little bit is true, and even I have noticed it.
As for the downshifts its not an opinion, it should be a fact.

Umer Ahmad
21-06-2015, 17:15
You gave him the car wih default setup, correct?

The default setups are INTENTIONALLY a little safe with understeer.

Did you try any tire pressure or suspension changes?

NemethR
21-06-2015, 17:20
You gave him the car wih default setup, correct?

The default setups are INTENTIONALLY a little safe with understeer.

Did you try any tire pressure or suspension changes?

As nor me or he is a setup guru (you know, in ideal case you have an engineer doing this for you) we did minor adjustements, but yes, the car fells loose still.
(Again we are no stup gurus)

Seps1974
21-06-2015, 17:37
The same car will behave differently depending how's tuned.

wraithsrike
21-06-2015, 20:29
In his opinion, but the fact, that the car does not slide a little bit is true, and even I have noticed it.
As for the downshifts its not an opinion, it should be a fact.

Did you have the ingame car set up exactly the same as the real life car?

Awong124
21-06-2015, 20:39
The BMW in the game has a manual transmission anyway, why would you be able to downshift without using the clutch? I've driven the car in game and don't remember being able to do that. Did you have Autoclutch on?

NemethR
21-06-2015, 21:00
The BMW in the game has a manual transmission anyway, why would you be able to downshift without using the clutch? I've driven the car in game and don't remember being able to do that. Did you have Autoclutch on?

No autoclutch, and you can shift down without the clutch. We tried that.

NemethR
21-06-2015, 21:01
Did you have the ingame car set up exactly the same as the real life car?

No, but still, a rear-wheel drive car should not puch his nose in the corners I believe. :)

wraithsrike
21-06-2015, 21:14
No, but still, a rear-wheel drive car should not puch his nose in the corners I believe. :)

Why not?

Ingo_Schwartz
21-06-2015, 21:58

It depends on the setup no matter what RWD car it is, they can understeer aswell.