PDA

View Full Version : Let us see what cars are being used

Carinis
21-06-2015, 17:09
As the title says in the list of rooms don't just list it as open wheel etc... Let us know what is being used such as f rookie, f gulf , fb ,f c, fa etc.. Would save people joining rooms using cars they don't like

awaite85
21-06-2015, 17:14
Online in general could use some work. Extra info before we enter would be nice, plus there are still some bugs. GT did at least have online visual for rooms done right.

SMS will get it there.

Carinis
21-06-2015, 17:37
Also any ideas when we will get a custom championship for single player and multiplayer as I think it is something that is badly needed as my fav cars (lotus 78 and the formula gulf) don't have long championships

Mahjik
21-06-2015, 17:44
One thing that would help is if people use the "Game/Room Name" to name what vehicles they are using (i.e. Formula A Superman Server). It's not perfect, but it can help today.

Mr.Smoke
21-06-2015, 18:59
One thing that would help is if people use the "Game/Room Name" to name what vehicles they are using (i.e. Formula A Superman Server). It's not perfect, but it can help today.

I dont believe you can rename rooms on the console versions.

Dam351
21-06-2015, 19:16
This isn't exactly about naming rooms but pre race activities while waiting for the track lobby to begin.

Well the host shouldn't be able to make major changes after his initial selections, which was made before inviting others. So while waiting for players to join i think this is the moment that would be fair to use as a cut off point, the car and track should not be changeable from here on, if somebody else joins.

Eg. 24hrs LeMans is shown as the track from joining lobby. When ppl enter they'll likely lower down force and add fuel to make the race distance (especially if no qually or warm ups)

BUT while these changes are hurriedly being made to the selected car, its perfectly fine for the host to change track to Monaco, where low df and extra fuel is a big disadvantage.

The same happens when cars are selected. Players make adjustments to the car shown and by the time they've finished preparing for the intended track, the host has switched to another car you don't want to drive or isn't prepared at all for the track.

Totally unfair imo, as i have seen lobbies where everybody has to pit to add fuel etc EXCEPT the host. His car miraculously has enough fuel to go 15 laps at LeMans without a pitstop.