PDA

View Full Version : t300rs on project cars

tatestar1
21-06-2015, 19:32
Hi All
Hope you guys can help. I noticed that my t300rs seems to give a strange vibration when turning left or right to which the only way to describe it as feeling like an electric shaver. Now I have only just purchased a few weeks ago and I am not to sure if this is normal as it can be a bit off putting when turning. I really like the wheel and the game but just want to see if anyone has this issue with this wheel as apart from that it seems great once I upgrade the pedals. I have tried adjusting the settings but don't seem to get rid of it. Any help will be great,ps I have tire force at 100 and ffb at 65 along with the the fz,y,x settings all set at reasonable level

Emilio
21-06-2015, 19:44
Not sure but what you are describing sounds like it's supposed to work that way. Depends on the speed you are goi g and it's the FFB as the car is sliding and trying to grip the road.

tatestar1
21-06-2015, 19:53
I understand it's ffb but it's not a vibration as you would expert but feels like a buzzing or grinding Sensation.

SeanB793
21-06-2015, 19:58
I understand it's ffb but it's not a vibration as you would expert but feels like a buzzing or grinding Sensation.

When exactly does the vibration come in tate? I understand the sensation you are describing and I believe it is the cooling system of the fan acting when it gets too heated.

On my T300 GTE which runs on 80% FFB, the fan kicks in after perhaps an hour of continuous play in which case I usually lie down and let it pass, which shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes. I was quite worried myself when I encountered it for the first time and thought I'd damaged my wheel or not fixed it proper.

Awong124
21-06-2015, 20:26
Does it happen in every session? Or does it only happen occassionally and go away when you restart the session? If it's the former, it's normal and happens when the FFB starts clipping (or so I've been told). If it's the latter, someone told me it's a bug to do with previously implemented canned FFB. The vibration of the latter is more severe than the former.

tatestar1
21-06-2015, 20:30
Its like it all the time. It's an odd sensation to feel through the wheel because it's actually really good in other areas and gives the impression that your breaking it. I have updated the firmware but still no good. I also have tried lowering the ffb but still seems there so I might lower the tire force and see if that's helps.

tatestar1
21-06-2015, 20:35
Its like it all the time. It's an odd sensation to feel through the wheel because it's actually really good in other areas and gives the impression that your breaking it. I have updated the firmware but still no good. I also have tried lowering the ffb but still seems there so I might lower the tire force and see if that's helps.

tatestar1
21-06-2015, 20:43
Can clipping be reduced at all? It is more apparent when turning on throttle and traveling at speed

MLT24
21-06-2015, 20:56
U just bought it. Return for another one. I bought mine 3 weeks ago and I feel that sensation only when I set up my car in a extreme way. When i start new car diff setup its gone. U shud not b feeling that 100% of the time when turning. Exchange for new one while you can.

Ps. Do u race other games? If so does wheel act the same?

tatestar1
22-06-2015, 08:10
I will speak with the supplier as I have heard dealing with thrustmaster is difficult at the best of times. I will try with driveclub before I do so to make sure it's not just the game Causing issue. U have been using jaKe spades settings I will also try to reduce my tire force

Mark Quigley
22-06-2015, 09:02
I get a similar thing but to me it feels like a small vibration motor going off inside the rim, only intermittent tho, a quick return to pit box and back out fixes it.

If you need to contact thrustmaster initiate things first by phonecall, I read that people get much quicker results by phone than email.

Awong124
22-06-2015, 15:46
I get a similar thing but to me it feels like a small vibration motor going off inside the rim, only intermittent tho, a quick return to pit box and back out fixes it.

If you need to contact thrustmaster initiate things first by phonecall, I read that people get much quicker results by phone than email.

That's the canned FFB bug I was referring to.

LordDRIFT
22-06-2015, 15:55
I have this as well but it doesn't show up as white line on graph. It shows up as erratic yellow line. This started occurring after 1.4 and more often than not I have to RTP and adjust a FFB value by 1 step up or down to return normal ops.

graveltrap
22-06-2015, 15:59
Bring up the telemetry HUD, you will see if any clipping is occurring or if the canned FFB thing is happening, it's mapped to the d-pad by default.

I had a strange feeling, like something was loose inside the wheel, and was also getting intermittent random button presses, I took the wheel rim off and fitted it again that seems to of solved my issues for now.

Stig-F1-PL
22-06-2015, 22:04
Hello. I need ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skgN1cSLrxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh3dkoNb6gY

LordDRIFT
23-06-2015, 00:35
Lol. Pos. Sorry man. TM has motor recalibration procedure on their website. Try those. Hopefully you can save your wheel.

MLT24
23-06-2015, 05:12
Yes I use jack spades ffb and it is awesome. But 100% global FFB and tire strength is wayyy to strong. Turned tire force fown to 75% and when u tune each cars ffb the wheel gets just right. I use the first tab of the 4 options for each cars personal ffb.

I

hitmanvega
23-06-2015, 07:12
Do u plug in your usb cable before start up screen?

Stig-F1-PL
23-06-2015, 09:25
Lol. Pos. Sorry man. TM has motor recalibration procedure on their website. Try those. Hopefully you can save your wheel.

Yeah Boothloader. I used this in my first t300..

Stig-F1-PL
23-06-2015, 09:28
Do u plug in your usb cable before start up screen?

After starting the console. Previously it was normal except that FF disappeared after a few minutes.

I try FF minimum 85 and tyre strength 200 .

Stig-F1-PL
23-06-2015, 10:32
Now I did reset wheel in game, turn off console and once again calibrate wheel. This crazy problem is gone...

I have question. Why I dont have FF on cerbs and when I turn wheel to position 00:30 or 01:40 ( hours) ?

LordDRIFT
23-06-2015, 12:06
Now I did reset wheel in game, turn off console and once again calibrate wheel. This crazy problem is gone...

I have question. Why I dont have FF on cerbs and when I turn wheel to position 00:30 or 01:40 ( hours) ?

Don't understand the second part of your post. Also you should plug in before powering on the console to be safe.

Stig-F1-PL
23-06-2015, 21:54
Don't understand the second part of your post. Also you should plug in before powering on the console to be safe.

Arriving on the curb disappears force feedback. These clearances. Do not feel the car.

uzikrotch
08-08-2015, 04:20
I will speak with the supplier as I have heard dealing with thrustmaster is difficult at the best of times. I will try with driveclub before I do so to make sure it's not just the game Causing issue. U have been using jaKe spades settings I will also try to reduce my tire force

Did you end up getting a new wheel?....because you know what....I feel the exact same humming style vibration when going around turns as well. It is constant no matter which car I use. The electric shaver analogy is the perfect way to describe it. I would imagine that it has everything to do with the physics of rubber tire rolling friction coupled with lateral friction as cornering occurs. Im glad to hear someone has the similar behaviors coming out of their wheel as I do. If you got it replaced already, does the new one exhibit the same characteristics? Thanks!!

IronMask75
08-08-2015, 10:30
The term for the effect you are feeling is called "rasping". I felt it all the time during hard cornering in the Ginetta GT4 car, until i turned my Tire Force down to around 75.

chig88
08-08-2015, 13:18
That's the canned FFB bug I was referring to.

Ahhh thanks Awong - I've had this a good few times & it's always confused me why going back to the pits solves it.

At least now I know it's not the wheel's fault :)