PDA

View Full Version : About top speed of some cars...

zlays
21-06-2015, 20:12
So how come after putting downforce to "0" and final gear to "speed" Sauber Mercedes C9 hardly reaches 345 km/h (we know it did 398 km/h on Sarthe) also Bentley Speed 8 315 km/h only...
Is there any other setting for top speed?

Siberian Tiger
21-06-2015, 20:17
The Sauber has also a Boost Pressure Setting AFAIK... This will gives you more HP...
And also be sure your Tire Pressure is increased...

Also there was none Chicane on Sarthe wenn this car was actively raced ;)

On the Bentley im not sure, never drove it. (Until now^^)

zlays
21-06-2015, 20:22
I know there was no chicanes but I tried this on nurburgring straight...anyway where is that boost pressure setting among all tuning setup settings?

AfterAll14
21-06-2015, 20:23
I could get Bentley to 340km/h, watch latest video on my channel.

madmax2069
21-06-2015, 20:25
I know there was no chicanes but I tried this on nurburgring straight...anyway where is that boost pressure setting among all tuning setup settings?

Yes, press R2 while in the tuning setup to get to the engine tab, the boost pressure should be in there. A few cars have boost pressure setting thats not maxed out to keep the car drivable. When you max out the boost pressure the car is going to want to spin out due to increased power. You might also want to look into lowering the brake vents and radiator vent to decrease drag (which will help your reach a faster speed and more acceleration while at speed).

hoodi4cars
21-06-2015, 20:26
I tried this on nurburgring straight

this straight goes uphill for the most part afaik? apart from that try to increase tyre pressure and set all cambers to 0 (this seems to be a glitch in the physics, because setting the camber to 0 gives you a huge boost in top speed without any real downsides, at least on all cars i did this so far)

Umer Ahmad
21-06-2015, 20:43
Boost pressure is "wastegate"

Caution: as in real life you can destroy your engine with too much boost!

NemethR
21-06-2015, 21:05
So how come after putting downforce to "0" and final gear to "speed" Sauber Mercedes C9 hardly reaches 345 km/h (we know it did 398 km/h on Sarthe)

At that time there was no shicane at mulstanen straight.

also Bentley Speed 8 315 km/h only...

I have no issue reaching 330 before the first shicane on Mulsanne, or before Indianapolis.

Invincible
21-06-2015, 21:14
So how come after putting downforce to "0" and final gear to "speed" Sauber Mercedes C9 hardly reaches 345 km/h (we know it did 398 km/h on Sarthe) also Bentley Speed 8 315 km/h only...

If you want to go for top speed only, you could also try to lower the ride height - lower height = lower drag. But you will also need to increase bump stop and spring values, which will make the car more difficult to drive. To sum this up with some things the others here already said:

- Reduce downfore
- increase wastegate pressure (if avaliable)
- increase tyre pressure
- set camber to 0
- decrease ride height
- close (or at least lower) brake ducts
- lower radiator opening (warning - engine may overheat!)
- choose correct gearing. Cranking it to max won't always help because when your last gear is too long, you will never reach top speed because you lack power.