PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best way to play online with a friend ?

knightvision
21-06-2015, 20:26
hi,

Whats the Best way to play online with a friend ?
I tried to host a game for me and a friend of mine. i checked the option on that the remaining cars will be AI opponents.
But there where only 4 cars max when we tried ? i putted it on 25 cars.
Further it was annoying that when we would want restart an race it was not possible ? so i had to quit the game and host a new game.
When i checked private game on my match, it did not appeared many times in the online list, so i always had to invite my friend per steam so he could joint the game.

Maybe im doing something wrong and you guys have some tips!

greets !

Cialfi
21-06-2015, 20:36
If you want to race against lets say 20 AIs you have to set 21 opponents but only one possible human opponent.
To restart you have to open a new server (or drive carefully) ;)

knightvision
21-06-2015, 20:44
If you want to race against lets say 20 AIs you have to set 21 opponents but only one possible human opponent.
To restart you have to open a new server (or drive carefully) ;)

oh so no restarts! but then i have checked it on like example 20 cars , me and 1 friend , but the most AI cars i received on track where only 4.
I could not add more so far i checked....

Umer Ahmad
21-06-2015, 20:54
You and Friend are in same country/region? Steam will only show you lobbies if the people are close to you.

How to control this: STEAM > Settings > Downloads > Region

So if i change it to "UK - London" i see many Euro lobbies and if i change ot back to "US - Chicago" i see many less America lobbies.

So make sure you and friend have same STEAM Download region. But anyway you now how to join together in STEAM so that is the fastest way.

knightvision
21-06-2015, 21:07
You and Friend are in same country/region? Steam will only show you lobbies if the people are close to you.

How to control this: STEAM > Settings > Downloads > Region

So if i change it to "UK - London" i see many Euro lobbies and if i change ot back to "US - Chicago" i see many less America lobbies
So make sure you and friend have same STEAM Download region. But anyway you now how to join together in STEAM so that is the fastest way.

he friend is very near! in the same house ;) so the area thing is not the problem.