PDA

View Full Version : Can a developer explain how tire wear works please.....

Chris Sercombe
21-06-2015, 20:41
Can a developer explain how tire wear works please, just had a 20 lap race all on real and 4x tyre wear, total race length like 33 minutes, tyres went red then green again sometimes, but still ok to drive, a bit sliding sometimes until green again, i would think once tyres gone red they should start loosing grip until they go off, and require pit sop, can you explain how this 2x 3x 4x 5x 6x 7x relates in game, is it on total laps, total time or what, thankyou.

PzR Slim
21-06-2015, 20:45
Can a developer explain how tire wear works please, just had a 20 lap race all on real and 4x tyre wear, total race length like 33 minutes, tyres went red then green again sometimes, but still ok to drive, a bit sliding sometimes until green again, i would think once tyres gone red they should start loosing grip until they go off, and require pit sop, can you explain how this 2x 3x 4x 5x 6x 7x relates in game, is it on total laps, total time or what, thankyou.

The red only refers to the tyre temperature. Blue is cold, green is optimum and red is too hot. Tyres can be hot for a number of reasons, if they are worn but also if you drive them too hard. The only way to tell how worn your tyres are is how they feel. As for how the 2x 3x 4x work. It's on wear rate not time or laps. Laps or time are useless for how tyres will wear. Driving around at 10mph the tyres will last for a very long time and a lot of laps. Wear rate is determined by how hard you drive on the tyres and the 2x 3x 4x just means they wear 2 3 or 4 times faster than standard.

Umer Ahmad
21-06-2015, 20:49
Tearing

When the tyre is pulled across the road surface this is what reduces the life. The multipliers accelerate this effect.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-GOOD-INFO-INSIDE!-tyre-wear&p=996239#post996239

It is not some simple and fake thing like Time or # Laps (maybe some other games do this).

Chris Sercombe
21-06-2015, 21:09
Ok thx for replys, and i love how they work in game as you said, i thought they were just going hot as i do brake really hard and hitting curbs really hard, and one guy in our race did not even get red tyres as he races really good and slow into corners and fast out etc, so do you think a x7 tyre wear on 20 laps or 33 minutes of racing may make us have to pit to change them ? is there no visible indication of actual tyre wear ? i guess like in real life, were just feel it, is this correct, cheers and love the game by the way, thx

retpetty
21-06-2015, 21:17
I didnt think tire wear was working other than formula a slicks. I've done 7x tire wear , 30 lap race in formula gulf and my best lap was lap 28. Pretty sure tires should last that long

Kulch
23-06-2015, 03:05
There is no tyre wear. There is a HUGE Tyre wear thread in the main section detailing what works, what doesn't and what may work via patches.

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 05:54
There is no tyre wear. There is a HUGE Tyre wear thread in the main section detailing what works, what doesn't and what may work via patches.

There is. It's just too conservative atm.