PDA

View Full Version : Custom championships a question

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Carinis
21-06-2015, 20:47
Will this be added as a feature?

I know other are other posts asking this but can't see a response from anyone in the know, I think it would add a lot of depth to the game as some of my favourite cars (f gulf and lotus 78 don't have long championships) wondering if Mr Bell could let us know a yay or nay on this as it would add a lot to the game for both multi and single player

Loving the game by the way (just keep at those AI improvements though)

RacingAtHome
21-06-2015, 21:31
I haven't got the game yet but what would increase my playtime is a Custom Championship! It would be fun!

Mr.Smoke
21-06-2015, 21:49
I agree that custom championships need to be added. For both single & multiplayer.

Boyd12
21-06-2015, 23:37
Agreed this should have been included at the start it should also be added online as well.

Carinis
22-06-2015, 11:55
bump

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:57
Probably not sorry.

Also again guys with the 'need' word. A custom championship does not 'NEED' to be added by any means. You might 'like' it to be added, but that's an entirely different thing.

mister dog
22-06-2015, 12:04
Bummer. Difficult thing to code? One would think it would be just a bunch of single races grouped together with a screen that tracks the points for each round, but of course that's talking from the outsiders perspective again :)

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:08
Bummer. Difficult thing to code? One would think it would be just a bunch of single races grouped together with a screen that tracks the points for each round, but of course that's talking from the outsiders perspective again :)

No game ever has everything everyone wants.

Marrrfooo
22-06-2015, 12:12

You've clearly not played 'Everything I Want In A Game: 2015'. It's brilliant. The metacritic score is off the chain...

Frankie_Dibble
22-06-2015, 12:12
Forza 2 had this feature almost 10 years ago :) Also had a far more extensive leaderboard too and you could even view your friends times and ghosts! I still can't believe that this sim has no option to view and compare friends laptimes. Heck I can't even compare my own lap times unless I write them down old school style on a piece of paper :(

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:14
Forza 2 had this feature almost 10 years ago :) Also had a far more extensive leaderboard too and you could even view your friends times and ghosts! I still can't believe that this sim has no option to view and compare friends laptimes. Heck I can't even compare my own lap times unless I write them down old school style on a piece of paper :(

Yeah, and we had dynamic weather 10 years ago.

I agree on leaderboards and lobbies though. We need to improve there.

Naz
22-06-2015, 12:21
I do hope you'd reconsider this decision at some point. The ability to run a custom championship season or seasons is certainly something that would be appreciated by much of your fan base I suspect and would extend the lifespan of the game (for me at least). Perhaps even allow the ability to mod such in as is possible in Assetto Corsa.

I am thoroughly enjoying both AC and PCars, appreciating the good parts of both and accepting/working around the flaws in both. The ability to set up custom championships with any or all of the content in AC is something worthwhile that would benefit PCars in my humble opinion.

Just a suggestion (fingers crossed).

Frankie_Dibble
22-06-2015, 12:23

Touché Mr Bell :)

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:23
I do hope you'd reconsider this decision at some point. The ability to run a custom championship season or seasons is certainly something that would be appreciated by much of your fan base I suspect and would extend the lifespan of the game (for me at least). Perhaps even allow the ability to mod such in as is possible in Assetto Corsa.

I am thoroughly enjoying both AC and PCars, appreciating the good parts of both and accepting/working around the flaws in both. The ability to set up custom championships with any or all of the content in AC is something worthwhile that would benefit PCars in my humble opinion.

Just a suggestion (fingers crossed).

Its more a case of us wanting to ensure we provide as much in the way of interesting championships as we can. I almost feel like it's a bit of a cop out to our career work.

If it's in high demand we will do it, though it's a lot of work so most likely a pCARS2 feature.

Carinis
22-06-2015, 12:26
first off thanks for the answer even though it was not the one I was looking for, (it would have extended my playing time long term), was it brought up as a request at all in testing etc that this is something people wanted as I find it hard believe that it has only been requested since launch?

Naz
22-06-2015, 12:28
Thanks for the reply Ian.

Fair enough mate, the only thing I'd say is that what is interesting in terms of a championship is in the eye of the beholder, and allowing users to create their own championships according to their own tastes is not a cop out by any stretch...it just gives us the ability to race what and how we'd like ... That's the beauty of this age, we have the technology to (virtually) live out our childhood dreams of being a racing car driver...we all had different dreams as to what cars were or are involved.

:)

mister dog
22-06-2015, 12:29

You're getting pretty darn close though http://www.netz-treff.de/forum/img/sm/besserwisser.gif

Raven403
22-06-2015, 12:30
I would want this feature mostly for multiplayer anyway, it would make leagues way more interesting and fun, and a good way to motivate people to keep playing.

Carinis
22-06-2015, 12:31
I would want this feature mostly for multiplayer anyway, it would make leagues way more interesting and fun, and a good way to motivate people to keep playing.

100% agree

Invincible
22-06-2015, 12:32
first off thanks for the answer even though it was not the one I was looking for, (it would have extended my playing time long term), was it brought up as a request at all in testing etc that this is something people wanted as I find it hard believe that it has only been requested since launch?

I did a quick search on WMD, and no - it wasn't really requested. There were some posts about it, but very late in development (2 months before launch) and the most threads and post on this matter popped up AFTER release.

danowat
22-06-2015, 12:35
Seems quite a popular suggestion in most forums I frequent.

Carinis
22-06-2015, 12:35
I did a quick search on WMD, and no - it wasn't really requested. There were some posts about it, but very late in development (2 months before launch) and the most threads and post on this matter popped up AFTER release.

ok fair enough then, I must say I am gob smacked that it was not brought up as one of the first major points, it along with AI improvements are smack at the top of my list for what this game needs (admittedly its not a long list you guys have got a LOT right with this game)

Fong74
22-06-2015, 12:40
I was assuming the topic was concerning the online lobby system only anyway. I cant sense likes for it offline as far as I am concerned ;)

BTW, what about the "Friend" lobbys listed here (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/online.html)? Will they be available via an update? Just curious. Private and Public is perfectly fine for me atm.

Mascot
22-06-2015, 12:41

I'm loving the game but am just completely flabbergasted that something as basic as leaderboards seem so ill-conceived and badly implemented in pCARS, especially when there are many, many precedents set by previous racing games and sims (including games that SMS have been directly involved in).

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:43

I honestly don't recall it ever being brought up before. Certainly not in time for us to do anything about it.

Max Kelly
22-06-2015, 12:45
some requests were also present before.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:45
I'm loving the game but am just completely flabbergasted that something as basic as leaderboards seem so ill-conceived and badly implemented in pCARS, especially when there are many, many precedents set by previous racing games and sims (including games that SMS have been directly involved in).

I like that flabbergasted word. One of my favourites.

I agree our work here isn't as good as it should be. We'll work on it.

Mods, please make sure it's triple listed in my to do list.

chig88
22-06-2015, 12:52
Probably not sorry.

Major disappointment. I thought that's what the 'Coming Soon' section on the main menu would be.

I realise work is needed on the leaderboards but personally I'd much rather see the custom championship option. The ability to run a full championship choosing your own tracks and sessions etc would be perfect for this game IMO.

Not that I don't love the game already, but the lack of this feature will probably cut down the length of time I'll play the game for.

ToOSk3tChY
22-06-2015, 12:56
why can't we look forward to something like this?

Raven403
22-06-2015, 12:57

You can. For Pcars 2

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:57

We'll look at it for pCARS2 for sure. It's a lot of work to get right with the amount of variety we have in the game in all areas.

EHM
22-06-2015, 13:01
So is this a no (for now) for just custom championships or does this also include updating single player races to have more options? (Picking classes etc.)

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 13:03
So is this a no (for now) for just custom championships or does this also include updating single player races to have more options?

It's a step too far for pCARS1 yes.

EHM
22-06-2015, 13:06
Aw man. Thanks for the honesty though.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 13:10
Aw man. Thanks for the honesty though.

Come join in on pCARS2 and make sure you get what you want ;)

PJ Dunham
22-06-2015, 13:11
Honestly cant see the need for it at this stage, rather see SMS build content iron out a few more little things documented elsewhere in forum and and look into Setup sharing, Personal helmets gear gloves and such, make friends easier to find on leader boards and expand on what we have rather than try and add in a massive undertaking like custom championships..
Ian Bell " We'll look at it for pCARS2 " this sounds like good and also worrying news.. When developers start talking follow up title so soon support doesn't hang around for current title.. Turn 10 famous for it with Forza, Soon as Horizon dev ramps up in the off year to FM the latter gets left as is pretty much.. Now normally on PC isn't a big deal cause modders have stepped up making addons for titles keeping them alive but havnt seen much of this possible besides skins in pCARS. So I hope this keeps getting the Support it deserves for quite some time.
In the Mean time you want custom championship create a league and do it online ;)

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 13:14
Honestly cant see the need for it at this stage, rather see SMS build content iron out a few more little things documented elsewhere in forum and and look into Setup sharing, Personal helmets gear gloves and such, make friends easier to find on leader boards and expand on what we have rather than try and add in a massive undertaking like custom championships..
Ian Bell " We'll look at it for pCARS2 " this sounds like good and also worrying news.. When developers start talking follow up title so soon support doesn't hang around for current title.. Turn 10 famous for it with Forza, Soon as Horizon dev ramps up in the off year to FM the latter gets left as is pretty much.. Now normally on PC isn't a big deal cause modders have stepped up making addons for titles keeping them alive but havnt seen much of this possible besides skins in pCARS. So I hope this keeps getting the Support it deserves for quite some time.
In the Mean time you want custom championship create a league and do it online ;)

Not true PJ.

All developers start on the sequel at or around ship date of the prequel, they just don't talk about it so they can sell and market the prequel for as long as possible and to not have to face questions like yours. We're a bit more honest than that.

We have 40 people working on pCARS1 fulltime. That's serious support and seriously expensive (for us) support. So we can either sack the other 40 racing guys or give them work to do.

chig88
22-06-2015, 13:23

How do we do that?

I'd love to be involved. Still steaming I didn't hear early enough to be involved for pCARS 1!

Carinis
22-06-2015, 13:23

how does one do this?

Raven403
22-06-2015, 13:24
how does one do this?

When WMD opens for it

Raven403
22-06-2015, 13:25

Ohhhh don't you worry. I'll be there. I have a list already.

kyroszz
22-06-2015, 13:27
Yes, bummer for me too. I bought the game thinking that this feature would be certainly included. (Not blaming the devs though, my fault)

Maybe we could try to mod this? Like, changing career files and editing it's events?
Looks that some heavy reverse engineering would be necessary but I never modded any game so I don't know.

PJ Dunham
22-06-2015, 13:28
Not true PJ.

All developers start on the sequel at or around ship date of the prequel, they just don't talk about it so they can sell and market the prequel for as long as possible and to not have to face questions like yours. We're a bit more honest than that.

We have 40 people working on pCARS1 fulltime. That's serious support and seriously expensive (for us) support. So we can either sack the other 40 racing guys or give them work to do.

That is Great News Ian, Thanks for quick reply its good to know. I have great love for this title ( although some small bits drive me nuts ) havnt had this much Sim enjoyment since GPL , GTR2 to be honest although my wife wishes it was like all the other and only got a couple of hours a week instead of 4 to 5 hours a night after work :)

Carinis
22-06-2015, 13:30
Its more a case of us wanting to ensure we provide as much in the way of interesting championships as we can. I almost feel like it's a bit of a cop out to our career work.

If it's in high demand we will do it, though it's a lot of work so most likely a pCARS2 feature.

I'm trying to set up a poll as Ian Bell says above if its in high demand they will do it, but I cant work out how to put a poll in a thread can someone make one or tell me how to do it?, I really don't want to wait years for a custom championship in pcars 2

NemethR
22-06-2015, 13:32
I'm trying to set up a poll as Ian Bell says above if its in high demand they will do it, but I cant work out how to put a poll in a thread can someone make one or tell me how to do it?, I really don't want to wait years for a custom championship in pcars 2

I tried that also once, I believe a poll can only be set up by the moderators.

I would say, that I would too support Custom championships, OR better yet, customisable career seasons.
For exmple: Number of rounds, points system, single race or double race, number of opponents (minimum 9), etc...

EHM
22-06-2015, 13:32
I think it's already listed in the Ultimate Feature Suggestion thread.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 13:33
First two things I want

Custom Championship for MP
New Pit Stop system

Sepp666
22-06-2015, 13:34
Not true PJ.

For someone that got no experience in making games, it sounds unbelievable that 40 people are working fulltime on pCARS1. If i imagine what 40 mechanics could built in one day - i think that mostly every day had to be a patch day... But as i said before - i have no idea how much one programmer could do in one day. :-)

Umer Ahmad
22-06-2015, 13:37

From what i see the multilplayer leagues already do much of their "season work" outside of the game like in heir own websites and forums. It would be nice if it was in-game but really they have already seemed to moved on and are doing fine now. See ZiggyUK's TGC league(s) and the AOD Clan (clanaod.net)

Schadows
22-06-2015, 13:45
While the "custom championship" would be a "nice to have" feature, that's not a a priority for me.

It could be useful for short championship of short races (5 races / 5 laps top), but for "real" championship, or even a complete season, you're better organizing that on a site/forum. It's too complex to manage a championship spanning on severals days / with an event once a week, through the game itself.

Bealdor
22-06-2015, 13:47
While the "custom championship" would be a "nice to have" feature, that's not a a priority for me.

It could be useful for short championship of short races (5 races / 5 laps top), but for "real" championship, or even a complete season, you're better organizing that on a site/forum. It's too complex to manage a championship spanning on severals days / with an event once a week, through the game itself.

It'd be a great SP feature though.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 13:47
From what i see the multilplayer leagues already do much of their "season work" outside of the game like in heir own websites and forums. It would be nice if it was in-game but really they have already seemed to moved on and are doing fine now. See ZiggyUK's TGC league(s) and the AOD Clan (clanaod.net)

Your right, my league included. But that can be alot of work as you said. Having the feature in game would allow more people to have it at their fingertips and nor have to establish a whole league, just play it with friends if they so chose. It's not a must have for me I was just offering my opinion

Joeri Blootacker
22-06-2015, 13:48
For someone that got no experience in making games, it sounds unbelievable that 40 people are working fulltime on pCARS1. If i imagine what 40 mechanics could built in one day - i think that mostly every day had to be a patch day... But as i said before - i have no idea how much one programmer could do in one day. :-)

you would be very surprised on how complex game coding is... :)
and it is not only about pure coding, there are many more aspects next to the coding part. (graphics / sounds / assets)
and you have multiple platforms.

WMD is structured very efficiently (probably thanks to Ian and Andy and the rest of the blue team :)) so no reason to doubt that figure ;)

lrapsody
22-06-2015, 13:49

Ooo can we join the WMD funding for pc2 now?

rotorrian
22-06-2015, 13:49
Exactly Umer.

Just create a thread in the name of your Championship.

Set out your own rules, cars, points, championship races etc.

And your away......

Best thing is you have creative freedom to do what you want. If you want 2x compulsory pit stop per race fine just put it in the rules.

There is more than enough creative license to use project cars as a great framework and anyone who enters a league will play by your rules and take it seriously.

Its not like the 'Wild West' of the open lobbies.

Just a bit of advice. Take the time to research your races in your own time to make sure the formula works.

ToOSk3tChY
22-06-2015, 13:50
Leagues - In game

It would be amazing if we could access various league series in the program. Register for them, get news, view leaderboards etc etc.

and a process for the leagues to go through before they get linked in.

Just an idea.

Pr3t3nd3r
22-06-2015, 13:53

How's going progress on new rain effects? :) Any new videos? :P

Carinis
22-06-2015, 14:06
you would be very surprised on how complex game coding is... :)
and it is not only about pure coding, there are many more aspects next to the coding part. (graphics / sounds / assets)
and you have multiple platforms.

WMD is structured very efficiently (probably thanks to Ian and Andy and the rest of the blue team :)) so no reason to doubt that figure ;)

but the basics are already there they have them in the quick race weekend feature all it needs is to allow us to string lots of single races together essentially and a score tracking system, which they have already in the solo career, all the bits are there it just needs to be brought together.

m355y
22-06-2015, 14:09
It's a shame this isn't likely to happen until PC2 but I understand that it's a lot to add to an existing game. I tend to use games like this as more of a driving 'toy' that working my way through the career personally - if there are British GT or GP2 cars then I'll set up a solo race and enjoy driving that race with the car of my choosing rather than working through getting contracts off teams and working up to the summit - I don't really have time these days to get totally immersed in a career structure on any of these games. I suspect I'm not alone there out of the players who are maybe more motorsport fans than gaming fans per se. Back in the day I'd probably have kept a tally of the points myself if there wasn't a championship structure that fitted with what I wanted to do, that's how anal I can get!! For me it's more the multi-class selection (ie LMP1/LMP2/GT3 in endurance) to make it seem a bit more authentic.

Howie
22-06-2015, 14:16
I honestly don't recall it ever being brought up before. Certainly not in time for us to do anything about it.

Customizable races was brought up from the very beginning. I was one of the people who pushed for it. It was always said "it will be added soon." One of your quotes was, "we want pCars to be a sandbox experience". There is at least two threads on customizable races. With emphasis on selecting which cars are allowed in the races. Mine and others interest was in Single Player AI races, with customizable grids. I don't know if entire championships/seasons was discussed. But isn't that just a matter of writing down the results of each race? Which could be done with pen and paper.

Robhd
22-06-2015, 14:22
I asked about this elsewhere and still feel it is a feature that will extend the lifespan of the game consderably ... Especially for those amongst us who aren't really interested in competing online...

DozUK
22-06-2015, 14:24
The big question now is......What is "coming soon"?????

Raven403
22-06-2015, 14:27
The big question now is......What is "coming soon"?????

Single player mode that's not a Custom Championship....
hmmmm

My guess-- Quick Race. Random car/weather/time

Cornflex
22-06-2015, 14:27
Customizable races was brought up from the very beginning. I was one of the people who pushed for it. It was always said "it will be added soon." One of your quotes was, "we want pCars to be a sandbox experience". There is at least two threads on customizable races. With emphasis on selecting which cars are allowed in the races. Mine and others interest was in Single Player AI races, with customizable grids. I don't know if entire championships/seasons was discussed. But isn't that just a matter of writing down the results of each race? Which could be done with pen and paper.

Right now I would like to create my own season racing multiple races in solo mode. Then write down the results and manage the season with pen and paper. But as long as you cannot save between session or during a race in solo mode it is no option.

danowat
22-06-2015, 14:31
Right now I would like to create my own season racing multiple races in solo mode. Then write down the results and manage the season with pen and paper. But as long as you cannot save between session or during a race in solo mode it is no option.

That's assuming the AI drivers names always stay the same?

chig88
22-06-2015, 14:34
Single player mode that's not a Custom Championship....
hmmmm

My guess-- Quick Race. Random car/weather/time

You might be right, but I really, really hope not :)

Ally_bassman
22-06-2015, 14:34
I guess we're just gonna' have to use our imaginations then!

I was hoping this feature would be added, not the end of the world that it isn't.

I'm just going to run one race at a time.....pick the track that I fancy at the time....and always skew the results so I WIN the championship every time!

Every cloud and all that... :cool:

wraithsrike
22-06-2015, 14:35
Its more a case of us wanting to ensure we provide as much in the way of interesting championships as we can.

BTCC championship ;-)

Raven403
22-06-2015, 14:37
You might be right, but I really, really hope not :)

Brace yourself then lol

chig88
22-06-2015, 14:41
BTCC championship ;-)

And DTM!

Oblivian
22-06-2015, 14:48
BTCC championship ;-)

+1 :)

Oblivian
22-06-2015, 14:49
And DTM!

+1 also :)

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 14:50

Customisable races we have and have delivered more than any other game I know.

Ingo_Schwartz
22-06-2015, 15:06
I love how every thread on this forum turns into an "I want"

Can't you just enjoy what the game has to offer and be patient ? there are DLC's on the way :)

I for one am having the most fun I've had in a long time with my clothes on!

If you want to create your own championship and don't mind having different drivers in every race you can download my spreadsheet :p

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31824-Custom-Championship-Spreadsheet

Johnny_91
22-06-2015, 15:07
The onlything i need right now, is the manual pit control and races, where you can choose, wich car and wich classes are competing in the race. So we need multiclass support for the single races. The rest i would write down in an excel map, of wich track the race will be held and when. So this would be the solution for your own career mode.

@Ian Bell: can you tell something of the progress for the manual pit control ? Or will this feature not be inplemented ? This one is the thing, that bothers me the most in the game right now.

sorry, for the bad english.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 15:12
The onlything i need right now, is the manual pit control and races, where you can choose, wich car and wich classes are competing in the race. So we need multiclass support for the single races. The rest i would write down in an excel map, of wich track the race will be held and when. So this would be the solution for your own career mode.

@Ian Bell: can you tell something of the progress for the manual pit control ? Or will this feature not be inplemented ? This one is the thing, that bothers me the most in the game right now.

sorry, for the bad english.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32450-Pitstop-overhaul-for-faster-and-more-efficient-pitting

PsyAviah
22-06-2015, 15:16
Doesn't this mean then that most people outside WMD, who bought the game as well, would like it? Ofcourse, not everything can be added.. But surely, this is something most racing games/sims have.. Either way I was assuming it was possible from the get go as I thought it's quite standard for racing games. No offence though, it's what I, and a lot of others it seems, really like...

PsyAviah
22-06-2015, 15:19
I do know RACE07 did deliver similar options and more. Just to give you one game where that is implemented as you said you didn't know any such game ;).. Minus the weather effects, okay, that's true.. :p

Howie
22-06-2015, 15:24

Surely you jest? Or maybe you just are missing the whole idea? It's about choosing what AI cars (car by car) are on the grid. Like every Sim with AI has available. Otherwise, replicating endurance/multiclass/historic races, with your own choices of cars isn't possible.

Carinis
22-06-2015, 15:31
I love how every thread on this forum turns into an "I want"

Can't you just enjoy what the game has to offer and be patient ? there are DLC's on the way :)

I for one am having the most fun I've had in a long time with my clothes on!

If you want to create your own championship and don't mind having different drivers in every race you can download my spreadsheet :p

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31824-Custom-Championship-Spreadsheet

whats the point in a championship with different drivers in every race that's not a championship

Cornflex
22-06-2015, 15:48
That's assuming the AI drivers names always stay the same?

Mmh, your're right. Right now they get mixed between the races. Of course they have to remain the same.

Psychomatrix
22-06-2015, 15:52
Asking for new features or bring new ideas in the discussion is nothing negative in my opinion. I miss the feature too but at the other side its true that pc give us player a lot more options to create the races. with pen and paper or excel it's possible to create your own championships. so it's not impossible. in forza I write all my fastest laps for each car in a excel program on my tablet. An with the features of excel you can do that very easy if it's so important. It's not ideal but it's a workaround.

Howie
22-06-2015, 16:27
Asking for new features or bring new ideas in the discussion is nothing negative in my opinion. I miss the feature too but at the other side its true that pc give us player a lot more options to create the races. with pen and paper or excel it's possible to create your own championships. so it's not impossible. in forza I write all my fastest laps for each car in a excel program on my tablet. An with the features of excel you can do that very easy if it's so important. It's not ideal but it's a workaround.

It isn't any workaround in my mind. Not without the ability to choose what other cars, or classes you're racing against! What if you want to include only Historic cars. Or Multiclass, with Prototypes and Gt cars? We're up the creek without a paddle. And to those who say this is being brought up to late. It was brought up as early as 06, 2011. And, over and over through the years. Brought up in 2014, the Moderators tried to suggest only 8 uniques car models could be on a single grid. Which after a very lengthy discussion was proven wrong. Hech, a working, more modifiable Quick Race Menu even appeared in game for a couple weeks, about a year ago. But it was quickly removed?:mad:

dodge33cymru
22-06-2015, 16:48
It isn't any workaround in my mind. Not without the ability to choose what other cars, or classes you're racing against! What if you want to include only Historic cars. Or Multiclass, with Prototypes and Gt cars? We're up the creek without a paddle. And to those who say this is being brought up to late. It was brought up as early as 06, 2011. And, over and over through the years. Brought up in 2014, the Moderators tried to suggest only 8 uniques car models could be on a single grid. Which after a very lengthy discussion was proven wrong. Hech, a working, more modifiable Quick Race Menu even appeared in game for a couple weeks, about a year ago. But it was quickly removed?:mad:

It wasn't "proven wrong" per se; the reasons for it were explained, debated and the result was SMS rethinking the approach, which happened numerous times throughout development.

Nonetheless, I won't hide my disappointment at this nail in the coffin of potential custom championships, although I do applaud Ian for addressing the issue directly. Thanks for that. There are three things (outside the driving experience) that could make this game more immersive to me as a platform:

The first is random weather for career championship events, which would dramatically improve the replay-ability of a specific car type, but this seems to be next-to-impossible to implement (unlike most, I am willing to believe it when the devs say it isn't easy!).

The second was a custom championship, which would basically allow the same thing, but I now know won't happen.

The third, which I now hold out hope for, is the ability to select specific AI drivers for a custom event. This would be my preferred path anyway, and would render the first two options moot anyway if it were able to be implemented (even if it's a file in the game's folders or an external application to deselect skins/drivers).

Without one of these options, I'm really struggling to invest myself into this game more, which is a pity (for me!). As others have said, custom races are fantastic, but you can't string them together into a championship of your choosing when the opponents are different each time, as there's no consistency to it.

Not a massive complaint or attack on anyone, but just adding my voice to the discussion.

fireball1967
22-06-2015, 16:52
I also agree that custom championships need to be added. the sim is the best i have ever played, but my only motivation to play a racing sim longer than a week is the possiblity to make my own / realistic championship. for sample i have played indycar racing 2 or GP Legends or GTR2 for many years. like i want to use my own helmet design i want to battle with real driver names (that i could change very simple) and a complete saison. it is really a shame but otherwise i would not continue playing project cars.

wraithsrike
22-06-2015, 17:03
Got to admit I was gutted when I read Ian's reply, respect his direct answer but so gutted.

Career for me is boring, I appreciate all the work gone into the game but the career imho is very shallow, I find now I'm mostly do my Pcars online with my family offline as much as it pains me to say it I've gone back to a different racing title simply because there is more to do.

Sorry guys not a hate post just being honest.

Irishnewblood
22-06-2015, 17:29
I have never been more disappointed to read something about a game that I love...This pretty much means that the game isn't gonna last very long or have that much playability after career, this is such a massive disappointment to me.....I mean Codemasters ,bloody Codemasters ,have this in all of their recent games and they are crap the last eight years, I just cannot believe a studio as good as SMS left this out,especially with everything else in the game....I do wonder if Ian is taking the piss out of us though,he has said he likes to surprise people many times and I just can't see how a studio that's this smart with their game and fans could leave this out.

Kitt
22-06-2015, 17:47
Well gutted,game really needs custom championship,started to do my own with pen and paper,till I got to the second race and realised all the bloody drivers names change every race....that shot that idea down :(

wraithsrike
22-06-2015, 17:54
Well gutted,game really needs custom championship,started to do my own with pen and paper,till I got to the second race and realised all the bloody drivers names change every race....that shot that idea down :(

Lol I did the same.

Machinist90
22-06-2015, 18:10
killed off the length for the game of me....oh well...can someone please tell me we get at least an option to use time next to laps to determine race length?..may get a few more days out of the game then cause I'm not replaying the same career with the same weather time and time again

wraithsrike
22-06-2015, 18:14
killed off the length for the game of me....oh well...can someone please tell me we get at least an option to use time next to laps to determine race length?..may get a few more days out of the game then cause I'm not replaying the same career with the same weather time and time again

What other game offers that?

Maviarab
22-06-2015, 18:49

I love the game, don't get me wrong...but no. Can I run a Le Mans or Nords with LMP1, 2 and 2 GT class cars? The answer is no...pretty basic stuff imo. What is being asked for (unlike many of other 'wants' on the forum) really has been a very simple and basic feature of racing games for 20 years. Even titles you worked on. Really would prolong the life of the game, not everyone is of the modern 'must have muliplayer' generation, nor the time for it.

And while I'm no programer (to your extent anyway), all the code is already in the game in some format....really not seeing what the real issue is. If you can run a championship in career mode, with multi class races, a a points system etc....why can that not be done for a custom 'season championship'?

dodge33cymru
22-06-2015, 18:50
What other game offers that?

R3E? GTR2? Race07? rFactor?

Race4Kix
22-06-2015, 18:55
That's odd they won't do it, considering it's in their PCars 2 Advert "Online Racing Seasons"... Actually, I guess that's why they won't do it.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 18:55
I love the game, don't get me wrong...but no. Can I run a Le Mans or Nords with LMP1, 2 and 2 GT class cars? The answer is no...pretty basic stuff imo. What is being asked for (unlike many of other 'wants' on the forum) really has been a very simple and basic feature of racing games for 20 years. Even titles you worked on. Really would prolong the life of the game, not everyone is of the modern 'must have muliplayer' generation, nor the time for it.

And while I'm no programer (to your extent anyway), all the code is already in the game in some format....really not seeing what the real issue is. If you can run a championship in career mode, with multi class races, a a points system etc....why can that not be done for a custom 'season championship'?

I see what you're saying. This is different of course to custom championships.

I think we can add that.

Mods, give the info to StephenV with my say so.

Max Kelly
22-06-2015, 18:57

I think we can add that.

Mods, give the info to StephenV with my say so.THANK YOU!

wraithsrike
22-06-2015, 19:12

I think we can add that.

Thankyou for listening.

Johnny_91
22-06-2015, 19:16

I think we can add that.

Awesome info, thanks for listening. :D

chig88
22-06-2015, 19:18

I think we can add that.

This rocks. Good on you Ian.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 19:20
We're really trying to live up to that on demand thing, if it's at all possible :)

BuToNz
22-06-2015, 19:23
We're really trying to live up to that on demand thing, if it's at all possible :)

I get it. On demand...well - on demand!

m355y
22-06-2015, 19:33
Sometimes reading this forum I think it must be a right pain in the arse having people going "please add this, please add this!!!"all the time then getting arsey when they don't get the right answer, most developers just release a game, say 'there you go, like it or lump it' and that's it.

This thread proves why it's such a great thing though.

Kitt
22-06-2015, 19:41
Bit confused to what might be added,not custom championship,but some thing like it? sorry if I'm being a bit thick here

Keeno94
22-06-2015, 19:58
Even though we now know that this feature is unlikely to appear in the game, it's not even like we can create a championship running individual races and using Excel to collect results because the AI drivers names change every race and say if you want a grid of 24 (23 AI, 1 human) GT3 cars, guaranteed there is never an equal number of manufacturers so you would never be able to run a manufacturers championship. You always end up with something like 10 Aston Martin, 5 BMW, 5 Audi, 2 RUF, 1 McLaren, 1 Ginetta. Something needs to be done to equalise it a bit more and an option to keep the AI drivers names the same and make sure they drive in the same cars each race!

Kitt
22-06-2015, 20:04
Yeah should be easy to keep all the same names for the drivers,knock that up in a afternoon and bung it in the next patch..you know it makes sense ;)

Mahjik
22-06-2015, 20:21

I think we can add that.

Ian, I've posted something similar on the WMD forums which may be a good balance:

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?22508-pC1-Additional-vehicle-groups&p=903002#post903002

Carinis
22-06-2015, 20:36
Bit confused to what might be added,not custom championship,but some thing like it? sorry if I'm being a bit thick here

I'm confused also, what I meant was being able to pick number of rounds, which tracks, race length etc.. And have the same AI in every round nothing that isn't really already in the game in the form of the quick race weekend, it's just being able to put lots of those together in the form of a season/ championship that can be saved as you do now through the single player seasons, obviously you can't save it part way through for the multiplayer version it would be limited to that room for that day, it doesn't sound like it would be that complicated

So Ian are you saying that this is something that may be possible? As I'm slightly confused by your answer

Thanks for your constructive input so far to all those that have done so and to mr bell for answering directly and honestly as many developers don't

dodge33cymru
22-06-2015, 21:00
I understand that answer as being it might be possible to choose specific single classes, but not to be able to choose the specific opponents for a race within that class? In which case, it still won't allow for anyone to run a custom championship of any sort (even with pen and paper or Excel sheet) because the opponents will still be selected at random?

I appreciate the potential addition, but I fear it still won't be the thing most are asking for. But I also understand that what is being asked for may be difficult at this stage as if it's not designed with this in mind it will be difficult to accomplish.

ImStylinOnYaBro
22-06-2015, 21:07
i thought for sure the "coming soon" under single player was gonna be for custom championships xD

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 21:11
Ian, I've posted something similar on the WMD forums which may be a good balance:

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?22508-pC1-Additional-vehicle-groups&p=903002#post903002

Yes, that looks good.

Carinis
22-06-2015, 21:23
Yes, that looks good.

Can't read it I don't have log in and when I click on register it says closed for new registrations, what does it say

Siberian Tiger
22-06-2015, 21:25
Can't read it I don't have log in and when I click on register it says closed for new registrations, what does it say

Thats a link to the WMD (Closed) Forum that's why you can't read it...

If Big Boss says it's ok, i could copy paste it here or declare wat was spoken in this thread...

Bealdor
22-06-2015, 21:26

That's a link to the WMD forums (PCARS 2). No access for non WMD members.

Edit: Tiger'd

Carinis
22-06-2015, 21:32
So how does one sign up to be a WMD member for pcars2? I can't see an option to do it on the website

Irishnewblood
22-06-2015, 21:38
It's looking a bit like this is being held back for pcars2 because people really want it,if so that's really not cool guys.

BYF
22-06-2015, 21:39

Custom championships were mentioned numerous times over the entire dev phase, not sure how you missed it. Hopefully a pcars2 feature. I'd rather see the AI being the main focus for pcars1 ATM.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 21:48
Custom championships were mentioned numerous times over the entire dev phase, not sure how you missed it. Hopefully a pcars2 feature. I'd rather see the AI being the main focus for pcars1 ATM.

Probably in the same way that two others here said they missed it. And that when mentioned it was weeks before release.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 21:48
It's looking a bit like this is being held back for pcars2 because people really want it,if so that's really not cool guys.

That's exactly what we're doing and it's really not cool.

Irishnewblood
22-06-2015, 21:52
That's exactly what we're doing and it's really not cool.

C'mon man don't be like that,I've defended this game,you and the studio everywhere on this forum and with friends en all.

Irishnewblood
22-06-2015, 21:55
I would be ecstatic even if the names didn't change in solo mode,so we could at least spreadsheet it or something.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 21:57
C'mon man don't be like that,I've defended this game,you and the studio everywhere on this forum and with friends en all.

Then don't invent something and state it's not cool that we're doing it (which we aren't).

I'm honestly at the end of my tether dealing with that sort of thing.

Carinis
22-06-2015, 22:00
Please don't let this thread desend into sarcasm and baiting guys, it was started as request/suggestion to promote sensible constructive debate for a game that is good and could become truly great (a title that in my opinion only 3 games hold)

Irishnewblood
22-06-2015, 22:07
Then don't invent something and state it's not cool that we're doing it (which we aren't).

I'm honestly at the end of my tether dealing with that sort of thing.

I didn't say that ,I said what people are saying man and "IF" you where it's not cool....I'm not trying to start an argument,we've chatted before,you know I love this game but I am gutted it's not in, I also said if the names didn't change every race that would be good enough for me, I realise I'm not the center of the universe like. I'm not being a smart ass or anything so don't take it the wrong way man.

Linus27
22-06-2015, 22:08
Sad to hear we may not get the ability to create custom championships. It's the one feature I miss the most and would like the most. I was always creating custom championships in Race 07, GTR2, Nascar 2003 and GPL. I long to be able to select the GT cars and my choice of ten tracks from the game to create my own championship. Oh well, thank you Ian for your reply.

dodge33cymru
22-06-2015, 22:18
That's a link to the WMD forums (PCARS 2). No access for non WMD members.

Edit: Tiger'd

Worth pointing out (looking at the replies under your post) that it's not a secret PCARS 2 forum, it was the forum for WMD members for the last few years and has lots of threads about the current game. That's what the link is referring to, nothing to do with PC2.

Machinist90
22-06-2015, 22:40

I think we can add that.

superb! What he describes is in my eyes a custom championship,I think we had a little misunderstanding there,great news

dodge33cymru
22-06-2015, 22:46
superb! What he describes is in my eyes a custom championship,I think we had a little misunderstanding there,great news

What he's describing is effectively a fix to the way 'multiclass' option works; it's not going to allow a championship to be run still as there will still be no way to choose a consistent set of opposition drivers from race-to-race.

Ryzza5
23-06-2015, 04:39

Too bad you didn't call it 'On polite and well thought out request' :)

wraithsrike
23-06-2015, 07:23
Wow, seriously guys come on this guy doesn't even have to converse with us.

I think we are all starting to take the mick a little abit personally.

I'd love championships in P1 but it's been explained to us the whys and why nots, the guy has even said it should be in P2 which is great.

You cant have everything in the first installment of the series.

Really need to give this team a break, they are all ways listening to requests on this forum and trying to interact but still we expect more, maybe it's time to let the guys get on with what they do and for us to appreciate what they do.

Machinist90
23-06-2015, 09:33
What he's describing is effectively a fix to the way 'multiclass' option works; it's not going to allow a championship to be run still as there will still be no way to choose a consistent set of opposition drivers from race-to-race.

choosing multiclass and an endurance race is a nice option if we can't have whole seasons

Keeno94
23-06-2015, 20:07
Probably not sorry.

Also again guys with the 'need' word. A custom championship does not 'NEED' to be added by any means. You might 'like' it to be added, but that's an entirely different thing.

If this isn't going to be added to the game, please please allow us to choose the AI drivers names for solo races rather than the game just selecting random driver names because then we'll at least be able to create our own championship with individual races and be able to record the results in an Excel spreadsheet or something.

Also allow us to select the number of different manufacturers racing. An example being a GT3 race with a grid of 24 drivers EQUAL NUMBER OF MANUFACTURERS so we can run a manufacturers championship such as 3 Aston Martin / 3 Audi R8 / 3 BMW M3 / 3 BMW Z4 / 3 Ginetta G55 / 3 McLaren 12c / 3 Mercedes SLS / 3 RUF RGT-8

At the moment, if you select the GT3 class to race, you're guaranteed to get about 10 of one manufacturer, and a varying amount of other manufacturers. Please at least add this to the game so we can still create our own championships in some sense

bc525
23-06-2015, 21:11
That seems very fair to me. If we can at least select the AI drivers and cars for the grid, then we can track the points with a spreadsheet (or even good ol' pen and paper). That would essentially allow us to create our own custom series.

I like this idea.

LordDRIFT
23-06-2015, 21:23
People are using words like how "sad' they are and how "gutted" they are that custom championships are not in. Come walk in my shoes for a day. Sit in my rig and stare at my $500 1 month old racing that lays dead, preventing my from playing the game I've been dealt. You'd probably be hanging from the rafters by your neck already.

Slowsley
24-06-2015, 05:03
Sounds like being able to specify which classes multi class races include is finally coming. I gotta hand it to Ian for seemingly acknowledging the value of this. I would/will be thrilled. Now, if only I could think of a constructive place to mention how timed solo races would just put me over the moon. Hmmm, what sector on these forums would probably agree about timed solo races? I'll figure it out I guess.

Machinist90
24-06-2015, 09:49
Sounds like being able to specify which classes multi class races include is finally coming. I gotta hand it to Ian for seemingly acknowledging the value of this. I would/will be thrilled. Now, if only I could think of a constructive place to mention how timed solo races would just put me over the moon. Hmmm, what sector on these forums would probably agree about timed solo races? I'll figure it out I guess.

would make sense since this is a discipline in careeer and the coding is there

MartinMWWebb
24-06-2015, 10:16
If this isn't going to be added to the game, please please allow us to choose the AI drivers names for solo races rather than the game just selecting random driver names because then we'll at least be able to create our own championship with individual races and be able to record the results in an Excel spreadsheet or something.

If the PC2 development site is anything to go by the names of AI were those of people who paid into development, i would not think the team would change this or even add it as a feature in this case.

People are using words like how "sad' they are and how "gutted" they are that custom championships are not in. Come walk in my shoes for a day. Sit in my rig and stare at my $500 1 month old racing that lays dead, preventing my from playing the game I've been dealt. You'd probably be hanging from the rafters by your neck already.

Whats the issue? game is perfectly playable.

chrisxe
24-06-2015, 11:33

If that was possible, and if the race results are accessible via the api, then a 3rd party app could implement the custom championship....still a hack, but better than a spreadsheet. :)

LordDRIFT
24-06-2015, 11:45
If the PC2 development site is anything to go by the names of AI were those of people who paid into development, i would not think the team would change this or even add it as a feature in this case.

Whats the issue? game is perfectly playable.

My Wheel is dead, stopped working, defective, useless, doesn't work, broken. Don't know how much clearer I can get.

Carinis
24-06-2015, 12:42
I cant see why it would be so much work everything needed is already in game:

Pick a racing discipline - in game
select car - in game
select which tracks are going to be used - in game
keep the same AI - in game (already does it in career mode)
select how many ai - in game
select weather - in game
keep score - in game
allow saves part way through a championship even between sessions at an event - in game (already in career)
select race length - in game
select ai difficulty - in game

race and have fun on a good racing game

dodge33cymru
25-06-2015, 04:18

This was an option for the first one, available to most levels of investment, but I think you misunderstand the request slightly; we're not wanting to change the names of the drivers (well, it would be nice, it's just a text file somewhere!) but select the specific opponents to race against. So, for example, if you want Bentley #8 driven by Dave Smith to be on the grid, you could do that. This would allow a 'championship' to be formed just using the existing custom race feature :)

Schadows
25-06-2015, 13:10
In that case, you should ask to be able to tune each AI setting independantly because, even if you got the same name, you wouldn't be sure this is the same AI settings behind the wheels

Mahjik
25-06-2015, 17:49
I cant see why it would be so much work everything needed is already in game:

It's unfortunately not that simple. I work in IT, specifically in software development. I've been in this space since 1993 so I've been around software development for some time. It seems like it's pretty simple on the outside, but it's not. It also can introduce risk to "all those things you listed that are already in the product" for those who may not even use the enhancement (i.e. they could break something that is already working).

Obviously, given time and resources (i.e. money), any change can happen in software. However, what most people don't understand is that there is always a risk to the rest of the architecture. This risk is always evaluated by the developers and sometimes, the risk is not worth the change. Some larger companies will use formal processes like the following:

http://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=Using_Change_Risk_Assessment#gsc.tab=0

However whether using a formal process or not, all software development companies go through a risk process for changes as there very little "low risk" enhancements.

KimKom
25-06-2015, 18:50
Sorry but this is complete nonsense to me.

SMS confirmed months ago that a custom championship was 'Coming soon'. I believe it was during an interview with Andy Tudor that he said this was going to be added. I believe the words were along the lines of 'Why make it just for single-player, why not include some on-line elements? We want to do this right and knock it out of the park' . I'm sure the interview will still be available somewhere...

It's been discussed many many times during development.

Ian Bell
25-06-2015, 18:51
Sorry but this is complete nonsense to me.

SMS confirmed months ago that a custom championship was 'Coming soon'. I believe it was during an interview with Andy Tudor that he said this was going to be added. I believe the words were along the lines of 'Why make it just for single-player, why not include some on-line elements? We want to do this right and knock it out of the park' . I'm sure the interview will still be available somewhere...

It's been discussed many many times during development.

You're inventing things KimKom. Your quote bears no resemblance to your statement.

KimKom
25-06-2015, 19:14
You're inventing things KimKom. Your quote bears no resemblance to your statement.

Ian, sorry but I absolutely am not. I also find it strange how many things we were promised for pCARS (such as a custom championship) are now being pushed to pCARS2.

I'm losing faith here, I'd much rather more resources were directed into expanding, improving and providing new features in pCARS1, rather than re-directing to pCARS2. This afterall was the business model we were sold.

Ian Bell
25-06-2015, 19:21
Ian, sorry but I absolutely am not. I also find it strange how many things we were promised for pCARS (such as a custom championship) are now being pushed to pCARS2.

I'm losing faith here, I'd much rather more resources were directed into expanding, improving and providing new features in pCARS1, rather than re-directing to pCARS2. This afterall was the business model we were sold.

Again, where was it promised?

PS, I'm happy to offer you a full refund for your game if you feel shortchanged by what we've delivered. You are afterall a WMD member.

Send me your copy and codes and funds will arrive instantly.

KimKom
25-06-2015, 19:34
Again, where was it promised?

PS, I'm happy to offer you a full refund for your game if you feel shortchanged by what we've delivered. You are afterall a WMD member.

Send me your copy and codes and funds will arrive instantly.

Ian, I don't get why you are so quick to go on the defensive and offer me a refund. I've supported the project from it's very early days, so while I'm not saying I know everything, I'm aware of some of the history. Have a look at this:
http://throwingdigitalsheep.com/fan-qa-project-cars-developer-team-senior-funders/

Quote:
Continuing, Speedy_17 writes,
” First of all, thanks for developing the game of my dreams.
My question: will we be able to create custom seasons/championships in offline quick race mode? For example, can I create a 10 race season with tracks of my choice and then select the opponents of my choice (maybe even with their livery)? This has always been my favorite feature in the TOCA series back in the day, so I hope your answer is “yes”. Thank you. “

Andy: ” The ability to create custom seasons/championships is something we’ve talked about internally absolutely but it’s a great example of what I mentioned above where a relatively-small feature request actually presents some cool potential when you expand it out. Why restrict it to offline play for example? How about being able to share your custom season with friends? How about downloading other peoples or voting on the best ones? How about playing a season co-op together? How about leaderboards showing all participant standings via a second screen? As such, it’s something that has enormous possibilities long-term and would be something that should be tackled with this expanded scope in mind from day one so we can knock it out of the park. “

I'd say that's far from me 'inventing things'.

Ian Bell
25-06-2015, 19:35
These are vision statements. None of it states it's in game and happening.

It's a case of 'How about you could', etc.

Regardless, we haven't finished with pCARS1. I've already earlier stated that I've told the team to work on more customisation.

You've missed the embolding for:

The ability to create custom seasons/championships is something we’ve talked about internally absolutely but

KimKom
25-06-2015, 19:46
Regardless, we haven't finished with pCARS1. I've already earlier stated that I've told the team to work on more customisation.

Okay, that's good to hear.

Toxic
25-06-2015, 19:46
Nothing above says custom championships will be in the game, and most certainly not promised. What are you not understanding?

KimKom
25-06-2015, 19:53
Yeah, sorry I get that it wasn't promised but what I'm saying is that this is a feature request that SMS have been aware of for a long time.

Again, I know that doesn't mean it'll be getting delivered.

Ian Bell
25-06-2015, 19:53
Yeah, sorry I get that it wasn't promised but what I'm saying is that this is a feature request that SMS have been aware of for a long time.

Again sorry, it came a few weeks before we shipped.

KimKom
25-06-2015, 19:58
Cool. Can we just agree that it would be a great feature to add :)

KimKom
25-06-2015, 20:23
Man, judging by some of the trash in another thread, I can see why today might not have been a good day to post the above! :D

You guys have got some patience :angel:

Keeno94
25-06-2015, 20:47
Just by looking at the amount of views and replies this discussion has proves how much of an interest this feature is to people. It actually took me a while to realise that the option to create a custom championship wasn't even in the game because of how much promise and hype was built around this game before release. I just assumed it was an option somewhere but to my surprise, it's not an option. So yeah, hopefully either this does get added even though a lot of replies says it won't or the AI and manufacturers stay the same each race so a custom championship can be set up to an extent. I really enjoy racing with the AI in GT3 cars so it's disappointing to only be able to do this in solo race mode

2fast2drive
26-06-2015, 01:25
Hope customizations can be added soon as it is one of the features I have requested during development. =)

Toxic
26-06-2015, 01:36

It would be a great feature - and one i would look forward too if it were anounced

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 11:07
We're looking into what it will take to implement for you guys now.

PsyAviah
26-06-2015, 11:23

Thanks for at least considering/investigating it!

KkDrummer
26-06-2015, 12:08

Thanks! This is awesome news!

Ian Bell
26-06-2015, 12:10
I'm not saying we can do it, or at least do it all as you want but we'll do what's feasible and if something is feasible I'll let you know here first.

cpl
26-06-2015, 12:45
i'm still staggered how such a small team with such a limited budget could deliver such a great product and interacts on such a "on demand" basis with its customers. kudos for that, really apreciated. most other game developers wouldn't even consider patching features in after release, they would maybe add it to the next release.

thank you SMS!

and it really would be awesome if it were possible to add custom championships! :D

Gausor
26-06-2015, 13:07
*narf*

Disappointing to me, but, no offense, i get the point of getting a usp for pcars2 with customizable championships. It's just the best decision for business and after all SMS has to do some business and keep their employees "feeded" as you know what i mean.

I really miss the option to create a custom championship like i can do in Race Room Racing Experience. Racing the AI is my kind of game, as i am too old and too slow to race against other people online. :D

Championships are the kind of thing i want to do in a Racing Game. Hopefully with patch 2.0 i am able to get more into career mode and it gets me addicted.

wraithsrike
26-06-2015, 14:15
No other devolment team would even listen to requests like this let alone try and implement them, that said you can't expect everything in PC1, that's what 2-3-4 are for.

KimKom
26-06-2015, 18:52
Thank you. That's great news :D

Here's hoping it gets the green light, as this would be a major addition!

Don't think the wife would like it though ;)

SpeedLimitUnknown
27-06-2015, 07:35
Custom Championships would be great. When Sector3 added it to Race Room Racing it added so much replayability!

bodyshop
27-06-2015, 09:40
I think the real problem is in this day and age people need to sell something new and shiny ever year / 2 years etc etc. Do they really want people getting so much replayabilty that come the sequel people are still happy playing the first one, especially a game that dosent have the luxury of real driver names and car liveries like F1 games, so you need the next one to stay current.
Whether its a can't do or won't do is up to individuals to decide, but for me this is the reason.
Another good example is Forza 4 really was the pinnacle of the series, I still play on it on XBOX 360 and i don't really touch F5... wish i'd never bothered with it, id image Microsoft look at how many people still play on the XBOX 360 and wish they would all go out and get an Xbone......

I'd imagine they want games to have a shelf life like any product in this world now days. PC1 with custom championships done properly would be a game i'd be happy with for along long time way past 2 year... thats the point...

wraithsrike
27-06-2015, 11:15
I think the real problem is in this day and age people need to sell something new and shiny ever year / 2 years etc etc. Do they really want people getting so much replayabilty that come the sequel people are still happy playing the first one, especially a game that dosent have the luxury of real driver names and car liveries like F1 games, so you need the next one to stay current.
Whether its a can't do or won't do is up to individuals to decide, but for me this is the reason.
Another good example is Forza 4 really was the pinnacle of the series, I still play on it on XBOX 360 and i don't really touch F5... wish i'd never bothered with it, id image Microsoft look at how many people still play on the XBOX 360 and wish they would all go out and get an Xbone......

I'd imagine they want games to have a shelf life like any product in this world now days. PC1 with custom championships done properly would be a game i'd be happy with for along long time way past 2 year... thats the point...

Very true, I still play Codemasters grid one and T10's forza 4, I've re ran the career in grid one so many times why? Because it's so good and F4 has so much to get your teeth into more than any other game I know. Me and my mates and online friends are still swapping cars and tunes ect.
Pcars is good but interms of depth it is lacking, I can understand why they opted away from an ingame credit system but I'm not sure it was such a great idea, other than drive there is nothing else really to get involved in.

Linus27
27-06-2015, 12:42
Very true, I still play Codemasters grid one and T10's forza 4, I've re ran the career in grid one so many times why? Because it's so good and F4 has so much to get your teeth into more than any other game I know. Me and my mates and online friends are still swapping cars and tunes ect.
Pcars is good but interms of depth it is lacking, I can understand why they opted away from an ingame credit system but I'm not sure it was such a great idea, other than drive there is nothing else really to get involved in.

Yep, I agree also. I still play Forza 4 and it's the multiplayer offline setup where I select 16 AI cars of my choice, the track and length of my choice and off I go. I hardly touch multiplayer online and although the career is very good, I don't use it that much. I got an Xbox One for Forza 5 and despite the graphics being nice, it's not a patch on Forza 4. I can't even choose the AI cars.

The other games I play are GPL which is from 1998 and GT Legends which I think is from around 2003.

bodyshop
27-06-2015, 18:16
Indeed, you'll never see Turn 10 make forza as it was in forza 4 ever again. You get it with films where you think hang on i just spent 2 hours watching an intro into the sequel...

I even replay Shift 2 basically as it has the chance to works convert all cars, its insane if people dont know of that game, its great once you dial it in as stock set ups are like so bizzare as to make you wonder if SMS wanted to spoil the game so as to ditch EA.....but under SHift 2 if you look beyond the proverbial "handing in my notice so i will mess up my desk" its a great game and does a lot of what PCars does (and more) but just less pretty.

Kitt
27-06-2015, 20:22

If they were going to add it,they probably wont after reading this lol

bodyshop
28-06-2015, 08:12
lol
Its the same sot of thing like Turn 10 and others holding back content to release as DLC and the whole micro transactions thing. And Codemasters are legends at it, they were the first to have a premium number in game to get cheats or game unlocked though, so before DLC Codemasters were still acting like Double glazing sales agents.

Not adding something that people wanted, then saying 'it'll be in the sequel' is just standard. But it will never ever be you choosing your tracks, your laps, your individual AI to race against etc etc. Funnily enough Codemasters did it in Race driver 3, i do miss that you could re enact pretty much the V8 supercars championship....

bodyshop
28-06-2015, 08:30
To add another thing as again i think codemasters pioneered this in driving game terms anyway, the idea of starting out in a driving career that's centered around unlocking and leveling up to and end goal, almost even making some AI drivers 'boss' levels.
What that did was create this area where in a racing game your just racing to level up, so coming 5th isn't an option, you NEED at least say 3rd to get to next 'level'. KIt created a mind set in which you could 'complete' a racing game...you should not 'complete' a racing game.
I've heared and read on forums people saying "oh i beat GRID in 3 hours" etc... thats just wrong...
Shift 2 did it, Forza does it, one thing i hated about loading up forza was seeing 89% complete, even i wanted to get to 100%, its weird, i invested so much time into forza 4 but still not 'completed' it... i'm at 86% on Shift 2 still. Its the one true foundry and link from the first ever game up to now, but in racing game terms i'm pretty sure codemasters did it first... even in ToCA 1 and 2..

PCars has sort of addressed that, but still it hovers around that mind set of 'completion'. Its not gone far enough but then i don't really think its business sense to go to far against that business model in gaming... sadly...

wraithsrike
28-06-2015, 09:31
To add another thing as again i think codemasters pioneered this in driving game terms anyway, the idea of starting out in a driving career that's centered around unlocking and leveling up to and end goal, almost even making some AI drivers 'boss' levels.
What that did was create this area where in a racing game your just racing to level up, so coming 5th isn't an option, you NEED at least say 3rd to get to next 'level'. KIt created a mind set in which you could 'complete' a racing game...you should not 'complete' a racing game.
I've heared and read on forums people saying "oh i beat GRID in 3 hours" etc... thats just wrong...
Shift 2 did it, Forza does it, one thing i hated about loading up forza was seeing 89% complete, even i wanted to get to 100%, its weird, i invested so much time into forza 4 but still not 'completed' it... i'm at 86% on Shift 2 still. Its the one true foundry and link from the first ever game up to now, but in racing game terms i'm pretty sure codemasters did it first... even in ToCA 1 and 2..

PCars has sort of addressed that, but still it hovers around that mind set of 'completion'. Its not gone far enough but then i don't really think its business sense to go to far against that business model in gaming... sadly...

How is this post even remotely relevant?

bodyshop
28-06-2015, 09:37
Like seriously? Its a racing game forum...... did you read it all?
I'll help you as your hard of thinking:

SMS WILL AVOID COMPLETE CUSTOM CHAMPIONSHIPS AS GAMES THESE DAYS EVEN RACING ONES NEED A COMPLETION ELEMENT TO THEM HENCE WHY THE CAREER STRUCTURE IS SUCH AS IT IS IN PCARS....... AND STUFF LIKE 'ZERO TO HERO' ETC.....

Some, not all, but some gamers jsut like to complete or 'beat' a game then move on, and when 2 comes out or 3 etc they purchase that to 'beat' that game...its all to do with gamers scores et al....

chrisxe
28-06-2015, 10:48
If they were going to add it,they probably wont after reading this lol

But this logic is flawed = if a game is too good and re-playable, the company will make less money. really? no it just makes no sense whatsoever. Especially when talking about a fresh entry in an already competitive genre with other established names and brands. now I don't know about you, but assuming pCARS was the perfect racing game, offering infinite re-playability, then I would a) buy all future content DLC without a second thought b) would be extremely interested and hyped for any sequel.

Any notion that developing a game that was "too fun & re-playable" would cost the dev/publisher money is not just slightly mad, it's totally bonkers. Dev time does cost money on the other hand. You deliver the best product you can given your resources/abilities. This is what I believe we got with pCARS. A good game, certainly not perfect, but still I got my money's worth. And I'll still check out the sequel, whether we get a good custom champ. mode this time around or not. We can only make suggestions and the dev/publisher will make the business decisions.

chrisxe
28-06-2015, 10:58

Don't know if you're arguing for or against the idea of unlocking, rpg-like progression and achievements in racing games, but i can safely say it's one of the things I hate in 99% of racing games. It is a trend, but that doesn't mean it's the right choice for all games. I would argue that it MAY be the right choice for a video game that doesn't take itself seriously, but a questionable choice for a game aiming to simulate a sport to a certain degree. In the latter the sport should be the focus more than any video gamey elements. Can you imagine a Fifa game where your manager career is like an fps story driven campaign mode with pre-scripted fixtures and weather for dramatic effect? Yes, even EA are not that mad. And they release a 'sequel' every freaking year. :)

KimKom
28-06-2015, 20:58
Anyway, getting back on topic I imagine that a simplistic custom championship would go along the lines of:

1. Define number of rounds (1 - 20 perhaps?).
2. Define points allocation.
3. Select tracks and conditions for each round (weather / race length / number of opponents / P/Q/R settings etc).
4. Select car / discipline.
5. Enjoy!

Am I missing anything obvious?

Carinis
28-06-2015, 21:16
Anyway, getting back on topic I imagine that a simplistic custom championship would go along the lines of:

3. Select tracks and conditions for each round (weather / race length / number of opponents / P/Q/R settings etc).
5. Enjoy!

Nope it's all pretty simple and nothing that isn't in game already

wraithsrike
28-06-2015, 21:29
Like seriously? Its a racing game forum...... did you read it all?
I'll help you as your hard of thinking:

SMS WILL AVOID COMPLETE CUSTOM CHAMPIONSHIPS AS GAMES THESE DAYS EVEN RACING ONES NEED A COMPLETION ELEMENT TO THEM HENCE WHY THE CAREER STRUCTURE IS SUCH AS IT IS IN PCARS....... AND STUFF LIKE 'ZERO TO HERO' ETC.....

Some, not all, but some gamers jsut like to complete or 'beat' a game then move on, and when 2 comes out or 3 etc they purchase that to 'beat' that game...its all to do with gamers scores et al....

Your post is not on topic, racing forum or not your post is off topic in relation to this thread.

wraithsrike
28-06-2015, 21:31
The guy has said he's looking into it fellas.

Linus27
29-06-2015, 07:31

5. Enjoy!

Grid Girls :)

bodyshop
29-06-2015, 09:21
Your post is not on topic, racing forum or not your post is off topic in relation to this thread.

Who made you God? Have you read some of the bile and hate and but licking on this forum? I'm discussing the topic!??!!! Pompous little twerp.

bodyshop
29-06-2015, 09:22
Nope it's all pretty simple and nothing that isn't in game already

Thats not in game already though, you cant do what you said was in game....

Bealdor
29-06-2015, 09:32
Leave out the personal attacks please. They add nothing to the discussion.

wraithsrike
29-06-2015, 13:00
Who made you God? Have you read some of the bile and hate and but licking on this forum? I'm discussing the topic!??!!! Pompous little twerp.

Again not on topic, bless you do struggle.

Carinis
29-06-2015, 13:12
Thats not in game already though, you cant do what you said was in game....

Go on then which parts are not in the game already in some form?

bodyshop
29-06-2015, 15:19
delete this one

bodyshop
29-06-2015, 15:20
Again not on topic, bless you do struggle.

Do I? But your not on topic saying i'm off topic? hmmmmmmm. Your talking about me.....?

bodyshop
29-06-2015, 15:23
I'LL SPELL IT OUT AGAIN, YOU WILL NOT SEE FULL CHAMPIONSHIP TOOLS DUE TO GAMES NOW HAVING THIS STRATEGY OF COMPLETION, EVEN PCARS HAS IT, SO YOU CAN COMPLETE A GAME AND THEN MOVE ON.....NOT EVERYONE DOES IT BUT ITS THERE......

wraithsrike
29-06-2015, 16:48
Do I? But your not on topic saying i'm off topic? hmmmmmmm. Your talking about me.....?

The clue to the thread is in the title sweetheart.

Now how about we both let this thread get back on track.

bodyshop
29-06-2015, 19:43
Oh sorry yes, so what part of "I don't think it will ever happen how you want it too and I've provided my reasons behind it" don't you understand? Genuine question as i'm worried about you, or did you just want this to be you and Mr Bell one on one.... remember that Alan Partridge episode with the fan/stalker.....that's you that is..

Kitt
29-06-2015, 19:55
Love that episode...aha!!!

bodyshop
29-06-2015, 20:07
;) Dan...Dan.................dan.........................DAN......................................DAN...........................................................DAN

Kitt
29-06-2015, 21:10
SMELL MY CHEESE YOU MOTHER!!!...way off topic now lol

bodyshop
30-06-2015, 08:46
Don't know if you're arguing for or against the idea of unlocking, rpg-like progression and achievements in racing games, but i can safely say it's one of the things I hate in 99% of racing games. It is a trend, but that doesn't mean it's the right choice for all games. I would argue that it MAY be the right choice for a video game that doesn't take itself seriously, but a questionable choice for a game aiming to simulate a sport to a certain degree. In the latter the sport should be the focus more than any video gamey elements. Can you imagine a Fifa game where your manager career is like an fps story driven campaign mode with pre-scripted fixtures and weather for dramatic effect? Yes, even EA are not that mad. And they release a 'sequel' every freaking year. :)

I'm arguing against that trend, the mentality we have now that even racing games have to be completed, to gain achievements....

Look i'm from an era where gamers had to really use their imagination, games like GC F1 on the Amiga, The Cycles on Amiga. But things those games had were you were racing in a championship, a full one, you could get so much out of it and you had to just imagine so much more due graphics and feel and ok at the given time it looked good i suppose as nothing to compare it against.

Now what we have is playing someone else's imagination, in PCars we play someones idea of a championship via career mode. Yes you can do one off races or hot lap which is fun but not always enough.

Its simple really give me a game with say 5 manufactures (yes only 5 cars), 25 cars on track 20 odd real tracks, full custom championship mode, custom laps etc etc, choice of making events have 2 races or more (like WTCC / BTCC).. PCars graphics and physics and i'd be the happiest person in gaming..... but imagine realsing that game, only 5 cars and no forced career that never actually works like any drivers real career... no, its gone just too far....

chrisxe
01-07-2015, 22:51
I'm arguing against that trend, the mentality we have now that even racing games have to be completed, to gain achievements....
Look i'm from an era where gamers had to really use their imagination, games like GC F1 on the Amiga, The Cycles on Amiga.

We're on the same page then. Let's just wait and see if something like this is possible or not after all.
Or we could start an amiga vs atari war, just for fun, since I'm from the same era. Still remember playing Microprose Grand Prix on the Atari ST.
Cheers

Flaw3dGenius
02-07-2015, 00:20
We're on the same page then. Let's just wait and see if something like this is possible or not after all.
Or we could start an amiga vs atari war, just for fun, since I'm from the same era. Still remember playing Microprose Grand Prix on the Atari ST.
Cheers

One was good for gaming one was good for music production ;)

Avloc123
02-07-2015, 06:10
If you really need custom championships (I would love them actually) go buy Race07. Cheap as chips and the graphics aren't quite as pretty but it drives wonderfully and is as customisable as you can get. Its a really great game.

It's not the ideal solution but it's something.

bodyshop
02-07-2015, 06:42
If you really need custom championships (I would love them actually) go buy Race07. Cheap as chips and the graphics aren't quite as pretty but it drives wonderfully and is as customisable as you can get. Its a really great game.

Funnily enough i dug out Race Pro on slung it in my xbox 360 and started a custom championship, it still does it on rails as you cant choose tracks but as ugly and flawed as that is, it got me hooked again purely because i'd started a championship and you do buy into that feeling.

Dutchmountains
02-07-2015, 10:56
For Assetto Corsa you can download an app to customise championships.

Linus27
02-07-2015, 22:02

Look i'm from an era where gamers had to really use their imagination, games like GC F1 on the Amiga, The Cycles on Amiga. But things those games had were you were racing in a championship, a full one, you could get so much out of it and you had to just imagine so much more due graphics and feel and ok at the given time it looked good i suppose as nothing to compare it against.

Now what we have is playing someone else's imagination, in PCars we play someones idea of a championship via career mode. Yes you can do one off races or hot lap which is fun but not always enough.

Its simple really give me a game with say 5 manufactures (yes only 5 cars), 25 cars on track 20 odd real tracks, full custom championship mode, custom laps etc etc, choice of making events have 2 races or more (like WTCC / BTCC).. PCars graphics and physics and i'd be the happiest person in gaming..... but imagine realsing that game, only 5 cars and no forced career that never actually works like any drivers real career... no, its gone just too far....

Totally agree with 100%. I hate this must complete the game, objectives, trophy's, unlocks stuff. I started the championship in PCars, got as far as the second go kart race and got so bored I've not gone back. I just set up my own race and run that. I come from games like GP2, F1C, GPL, GTR2, NASCAR 2003 where I just run the championship all the time and the race results and final standings are my trophy.

Championships and a few more cars to my liking are all I need to make the game perfect, the rest of the game is simply amazing.

KimKom
03-07-2015, 08:12
Totally agree with 100%. I hate this must complete the game, objectives, trophy's, unlocks stuff. I started the championship in PCars, got as far as the second go kart race and got so bored I've not gone back. I just set up my own race and run that. I come from games like GP2, F1C, GPL, GTR2, NASCAR 2003 where I just run the championship all the time and the race results and final standings are my trophy.

Championships and a few more cars to my liking are all I need to make the game perfect, the rest of the game is simply amazing.

Completely agree. The trouble with the single player at the moment, is that it's quite a shallow experience if you're just not that into the predefined career mode.

Cornflex
03-07-2015, 08:51
The biggest disappointment in career mode is the fixed "dynamic" weather.

dodge33cymru
03-07-2015, 11:53

I'd argue that Race07 is a middle ground between the customisation of GTR2 and the excellent graphics of R3E (with custom championships, but no choice of specific opposition).

Machinist90
04-07-2015, 09:11
would also be nice to get some use out of the DLC cars since they don't appear in career (besides bentley GT3 in lemans invite if I'm not mistaken)

HoiHman
08-07-2015, 20:26
Really gutted by this decision. Seems like the we are already suffering for the effects that most of the dev team has moved to Pcars2.

For almost two years we have seen: Comming soon . I really love the game and invested in new pedals and a 980Ti , with the belief that someday in the future i could finally create my own season. I recall in the early videos that creating your own championships was mentioned.

REALLY disappointed....

Mahjik
08-07-2015, 20:32
Really gutted by this decision. Seems like the we are already suffering for the effects that most of the dev team has moved to Pcars2.

For almost two years we have seen: Comming soon . I really love the game and invested in new pedals and a 980Ti , with the belief that someday in the future i could finally create my own season. I recall in the early videos that creating your own championships was mentioned.

REALLY disappointed....

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32381-Custom-championships-a-question-for-Mr-Bell&p=1017081&viewfull=1#post1017081

HoiHman
08-07-2015, 20:38
Should have read all 20 pages.

Great news

Slowsley
09-07-2015, 05:57
As awesome as it would be, I'm not sure I'd get my hopes up. I have nothing to go on, but "we'll see what it would take," isn't much to go to the bank on. I definitely appreciate the sentiment behind the response. I betcha there's some things coming that will give more control over creating races at least and that would be a great step towards championships.

chig88
13-07-2015, 11:00

Hi devs, is there any update on this or is it still being looked into? I know it might not be possible online but it would still be great to have it in single player. :)

bodyshop
13-07-2015, 13:35
It wont happen, certainly not PCars 1....

Bealdor
13-07-2015, 13:40
It wont happen, certainly not PCars 1....

Could you lend me your crystal ball? Mine seems to be broken somehow...

FAster
13-07-2015, 15:38
Lets say with about Custom Online Championships ;) Any possiblities ?

Crimson_Ghost138
13-07-2015, 16:12
EDIT:
OK i am sorry i found that thread and have already seen that its not going to happen, sadly :(

I´m missing the good ol´ "Create your own Race-Series / Championship" Option from other games, as i am not totally happy with career mode for now...

Just to put some tracks in it, a Race-Class (GT3,GT4,Formula,Road,etc...), how realistic it should be, how long it goes, AI difficulty, weather...

Would be great, because i always liked to play some short saisons with a car for just 3-4 races and then switch to another class etc :)

Single-Race events just dont do the job...

Maybe this feature is already suggested but i hadn´t found the post?!

What do you think about it???

Dirtalot
13-07-2015, 16:55
Hi devs, is there any update on this or is it still being looked into? I know it might not be possible online but it would still be great to have it in single player. :)

Bump....creating your own championships would be a game changer for me....along with real time weather across all platforms and Ai that have the same tire physics as us!

Bealdor
13-07-2015, 16:59
...and Ai that have the same tire physics as us!

Keep dreaming :rolleyes:

Dirtalot
13-07-2015, 17:42
Keep dreaming :rolleyes:
I dream big! LOL

bodyshop
13-07-2015, 17:54
Could you lend me your crystal ball? Mine seems to be broken somehow...

You know full well it wont happen.

Bealdor
13-07-2015, 18:49
You know full well it wont happen.

No I don't. My latest info is the same that you have:

Bealdor
13-07-2015, 20:29
Threads merged.

bodyshop
14-07-2015, 06:38
No I don't. My latest info is the same that you have:

Wont happen in PCars 1, but if it does thank me for reverse psychology on Ian Bell.

HoiHman
18-07-2015, 18:56
New patch today, but still no solo championships.

Any update ???

Schadows
18-07-2015, 19:10
Patch 2.5 would obviously not had any new features like this one, within such a short time since it was asked.
I even doubt the team had time to do anything else than starting to look into it and maybe thinking of how implementing it (UI, naviguation, saves, and all the code needed for it).

Some people may be thinking it's a simple thing, but I would say, from a development point of vview, that is not such an easy/quick thing.

KimKom
23-07-2015, 07:31
Any news on this?

Machinist90
23-07-2015, 09:50
Any news on this?

doesn't look like it,at this point I'd be happy with custom grid and length besides laps as an option

KimKom
29-07-2015, 10:35
So, once again this has been swept under the carpet?

Irishnewblood
29-07-2015, 11:06
I'd love to hear if anything can be done here. After a month or two the devs should have a decent idea if they could implement it,no?.

bodyshop
29-07-2015, 11:10
I'd love to hear if anything can be done here. After a month or two the devs should have a decent idea if they could implement it,no?.

We just need to keep bumping this, custom championships shouldn't just be a buy in for PCars2, like codemasters do, we don't need that....we still have 2 years of play till PCars2. Keep this game alive for those 2 years and people will be more willing to stay loyal to the brand....

Linus27
29-07-2015, 11:18
I think we need to have an official statement from SMS/Ian before we assume this is written off.

Mahjik
29-07-2015, 13:14
So, once again this has been swept under the carpet?

KimKom, you've been part of this project long enough to know it's not something that going to happen overnight. There will be an update when there is something to update.

Storm22
29-07-2015, 15:50
We know the game was released incomplete, but all this waiting for a custom championship is not on.

"Project CARS - Made by Racers, for Racers". Really? If this was the case, one of the first things to be implemented into the game would have been a custom championship. The omission defies logic.

For me, and alot of people, custom championships not only give the game it's true value, but it's longevity. The game is fantastic, probably the best racing game ever created. But how long before the single race days become monotonous? We need something to aspire to and achieve. Personally, I'm not interested in the career mode because it's not to my liking, but I know alot of people love it.

I was prepared to purchase DLC's for extra cars and tracks, not for something which should defintely have been in the game on the day of release.

Very, very poor.

FoxMulder
29-07-2015, 16:06
Congratulation everyone, you bought Project Cars: Minimum Viable Product Edition. Come back in 3 years and buy the 2nd iteration and you'll get what you desire.

Schadows
29-07-2015, 19:46
Guys, this is not a development forum, don't expect to get update on how the devs are progressing like at WMD.

After a month or two the devs should have a decent idea if they could implement it,no?.Don't you think the team had other priorities or was already on other things ?
Seeing what was included in the latest patches, and what is planned for the next, it should be obvious the team didn't had much time to focus on that.

We know the game was released incomplete, but all this waiting for a custom championship is not on.

"Project CARS - Made by Racers, for Racers". Really? If this was the case, one of the first things to be implemented into the game would have been a custom championship. The omission defies logic.You would be surprised to see how many different things were "the first things to be implemented" depending on each person interests.

I agree this feature is quite an important one for the sake of the solo play longevity, but in my opinion, there are some things more important before that, like fixing the lack of AI constancy between each round (makes the career too easy), otherwise, it would have been done for nothing.

Irishnewblood
29-07-2015, 20:36
Guys, this is not a development forum, don't expect to get update on how the devs are progressing like at WMD.

Don't you think the team had other priorities or was already on other things ?
Seeing what was included in the latest patches, and what is planned for the next, it should be obvious the team didn't had much time to focus on that.

You would be surprised to see how many different things were "the first things to be implemented" depending on each person interests.

I agree this feature is quite an important one for the sake of the solo play longevity, but in my opinion, there are some things more important before that, like fixing the lack of AI constancy between each round (makes the career too easy), otherwise, it would have been done for nothing.

Listen man ,don't attack me or call me out because I asked a question and a question without one bit of attitude, I may add.Stop being a dick and talking down to people, people can talk about it if they want....

By the way I asked was it a possibility ,not "i want it now" .So just go away and try and act the big man somewhere else.You're coming across like a monumental dickhead by the way.

wowbaggerBR
29-07-2015, 20:44
If this won't be happening soon, the career should be fixed. It's weird not being asked for rival teams to stay on the same series, for instance.

Schadows
31-07-2015, 10:09
Listen man ,don't attack me or call me out because I asked a question and a question without one bit of attitude, I may add.Stop being a dick and talking down to people, people can talk about it if they want....

By the way I asked was it a possibility ,not "i want it now" .So just go away and try and act the big man somewhere else.You're coming across like a monumental dickhead by the way.You were very convincing with your personal attacks ^^ (and this post of mine IS being a dick)

Irishnewblood
31-07-2015, 12:58
You were very convincing with your personal attacks ^^ (and this post of mine IS being a dick)

Not a personal attack at all, I said you where coming across like a dickhead and I stand by it,run back to Ian there mate.

Mahjik
31-07-2015, 13:18
Not a personal attack at all, I said you where coming across like a dickhead and I stand by it,run back to Ian there mate.

Irishnewblood, you've already been warned by the staff. Stop it now or you will take a vacation from the forum.

Psychomatrix
31-07-2015, 15:22
Is it our fault that the game must be patched? Must we fall on our knees when issues been fixed? Is it not possible to ask questions for adding new features? I keep in mind that press release say that the game will be supported for more than 1 year with new features, tracks and cars. Maybe irishnewblood has a bit overreacting or use the wrong words. But he have asked only if a decision is been made. Nothing more and nothing less. He done have deserve such answer.

Mahjik
31-07-2015, 15:43
Maybe irishnewblood has a bit overreacting or use the wrong words. But he have asked only if a decision is been made. Nothing more and nothing less. He done have deserve such answer.

This had absolutely nothing to do with asking question. This has everything to do with using derogatory terms referencing users and being hostile which is against the forum policies. If you do not understand the policies, please contact me via PM and I will work with you on them.

Psychomatrix
31-07-2015, 15:55
Big thanks if I had some problems with policies I will contact you.

Adam.Freeman
02-08-2015, 12:08
As an offline player the solo options in the game are getting pretty stale now. Career has some good ideas but its way too similar with the same weather and all and it gets rather boring knowing whats going to happen if you stick for another season. I love the FA championship but in my second season its wearing a little thin now.

So custom championships sounds like an awesome concept that will give the game the replay value it needs to keep me onboard. Not too keen on going over to F1 2015 unless I have to so very interested to see what happens with this :)

Carinis
02-08-2015, 15:50
The scripted weather in career mode is very very silly, why not just have it on random, I can't understand that decision at all.

moeder_theresa
02-08-2015, 16:04
In F1 2015 the weather is random. Nice game!

bodyshop
03-08-2015, 07:22
If Ian added a custom championship in just before Forza 6..i think it could give Turn 10 a few worries... i for one would play this game forever with custom championships and would most likey leave Forza 6 till a price drop in 6 months and get it on trade in for cheap cheap..

Dean2
03-08-2015, 08:31
Yeah I think that would be great to have a custom championship ! other option is use what you got and refine it ! I'm thinking of more choice like
Integrate a tier for lmp900 , gt1, gt X1 , Dtm ,NASCAR and indycar of course you have to fill out the classes ! It's a bit boring to race the top tier lmp 1 and have a Audi and 2 fake cars competing in the top class of you career !

Third option my personal favourite Both haha

Schadows
03-08-2015, 09:50
The scripted weather in career mode is very very silly, why not just have it on random, I can't understand that decision at all.it would be a workaround to the problem, but would probably work better than what we already have for the 2nd season and the following in the career mode.

Random is not the perfect choice, in fact using random for quick races usually ive me the same "old" clear weather. And some tracks get some weather conditions only on extremely rare occasions (how many rainy days at Dubai in june lately?).
The "perfect" (nothing is perfect ... even real weather ^^) solution would be to define what are the available weather conditions for each track, with a percentage of happening for each conditions depending on the date/month when the event is raced.

Easier said than coded ^^'

Cornflex
03-08-2015, 11:07
it would be a workaround to the problem, but would probably work better than what we already have for the 2nd season and the following in the career mode.

Random is not the perfect choice, in fact using random for quick races usually ive me the same "old" clear weather. And some tracks get some weather conditions only on extremely rare occasions (how many rainy days at Dubai in june lately?).
The "perfect" (nothing is perfect ... even real weather ^^) solution would be to define what are the available weather conditions for each track, with a percentage of happening for each conditions depending on the date/month when the event is raced.

Easier said than coded ^^'

However they implement random weather, it would be better than the fixed conditions we have right now in career mode.
I personally don't care what weather is realistic in Dubai in june. The more variable the weather, the better the racing experience will be.

jack1984
03-08-2015, 12:19
However they implement random weather, it would be better than the fixed conditions we have right now in career mode.
I personally don't care what weather is realistic in Dubai in june. The more variable the weather, the better the racing experience will be.

Well, before making the weather random in career mode, let SMS first implement a decent weather forecast system. Otherwise it is just a gambling game whether you should pit or not for another set of tires with the lack of information we are getting now.