PDA

View Full Version : Ai performance in the rain

Dirtalot
22-06-2015, 01:19
First off, let me say that I'm loving this game.

I am running into a few issues regarding the Ai when racing in the rain. They don't seem to be affected by wet conditions.I'm slipping and sliding all over the place, having to slow down more in the corners because of the wet conditions, then the Ai fly past me with full grip like it's dry.

Is this a known issue?
Will it be dealt with in patch 1.5?

For now I will just have to race on solo race mode in the dry!

MULTIVITZ
22-06-2015, 01:37
Come on mate its a known issue thats getting sorted. You shouls have done a search before starting this thread. Can't you delete it?

3800racingfool
22-06-2015, 03:11
Yes the AI are abnormally fast in the rain due to being on a simplified tire model. It is being worked on but no ETA currently. The work-around is to just lower the AI skill slider in races where it rains. (Career mode weather is scripted. So if it rains in a race it will rain in that race every time. Solo races, as long as they're not random weather, can be setup beforehand.)

Dirtalot
22-06-2015, 07:26
Come on mate its a known issue thats getting sorted. You shouls have done a search before starting this thread. Can't you delete it?

I did do search. But a million threads came up and I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

3800racingfool, thank you for your constructive answer.

MULTIVITZ
23-06-2015, 10:01
I thought career was hard to play with the bugs as they are, tunes not saving, ai crashing, ai too good, pit faults, season loop repeats. I had to stop playing it on my ps4, but I tune anyway so that keeps me occupied.
Now you know a whole lot more:)

danowat
23-06-2015, 10:07
Wet race with 100% AI, and I'm no super special driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTPIT9pm7fo

QPRLad
23-06-2015, 10:16

I'd say you're pretty good, do you use a wheel and pedals?

danowat
23-06-2015, 10:18
I'd say you're pretty good, do you use a wheel and pedals?

Nope, DS4

Patch 1.4 did level the playing field somewhat, but the AI are better at some circuits than others, but it's not as bad as it was.

CDN_Merlin
23-06-2015, 10:41
Funny how you see the reflection of the red light but not the actual light being on?

bjosim
23-06-2015, 12:38
Do you have a special setup for that track/race? Struggling in qualy for that one. Must. Get. P1.

Doug914
23-06-2015, 12:44

Thats more a drying race than a wet race, exploiting how good the rain tires remain in the dry.. In the new patch your rain tires would probably have gone off by the end of the 7th lap.

danowat
23-06-2015, 12:53
Thats more a drying race than a wet race, exploiting how good the rain tires remain in the dry.. In the new patch your rain tires would probably have gone off by the end of the 7th lap.

Started wet, and dried out, I know that, prior to patch 1.4 you'd have had trouble to even stick with the AI at all on the wet bits, and even on a drying track, which was my point.

Interesting note about the rain tyres, yes, in real life, they would have been mullered, however, I had to "game" it, because I knew the AI wouldn't pit to change to slicks, even if the race was longer.

Paulo Ribeiro
23-06-2015, 12:58

Not all people has enough spare time to read hundreds of threads. :yes:

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 13:01
Not all people has enough spare time to read hundreds of threads. :yes:

But at least the sticky "Known Issues" threads should be read before posting. ;)

bjosim
23-06-2015, 13:35

I assume this will apply for AI as well? Or he would have been last rather than P2 as AI didn't pit.

CRobby22
23-06-2015, 14:26
Do you have a special setup for that track/race? Struggling in qualy for that one. Must. Get. P1.

Not a set-up thing but the key to a fast lap against the AI is the right at the bottom of the little valley. You are going to want to brake very early on that one and set up to almost take the corner completely straight. You will be back in the gas way before when the AI does due to how they take that turn. I was able to even get the Caterham to P1 in qualifying here and I cant drive that car worth a lick.

PeteUplink
23-06-2015, 14:30

It is a question that been asked a lot of times, and yes there is a search option on this forum, but there's no need to be rude about it. What do you do when someone asks you directions in the street? Sigh, and say "There's a shop over there, go and buy a bloody map!"

A friendly reply and a link to the "known issues" thread is all that was needed.

bjosim
23-06-2015, 19:52
Not a set-up thing but the key to a fast lap against the AI is the right at the bottom of the little valley. You are going to want to brake very early on that one and set up to almost take the corner completely straight. You will be back in the gas way before when the AI does due to how they take that turn. I was able to even get the Caterham to P1 in qualifying here and I cant drive that car worth a lick.

Yes, that's where I'm faster than them too, but you take two corners in third, that I take in second, because I feel the acceleration is too slow from third. I think it was the first corner and the last right-hander before the chicane.

Doug914
23-06-2015, 20:18
I assume this will apply for AI as well? Or he would have been last rather than P2 as AI didn't pit.

We changed and tweaked all that for this next patch, so very possible and likely the AI would have pitted, yes. And he probably would be forced to also. Again it's not all perfect but should be considerably more playable and make more sense.