PDA

View Full Version : what sorcery is this?

MrFlibble81
22-06-2015, 02:36
So earlier today I was doing sn online races at monza and I'd managed to qualif3rd (which is really good for me). Anyway get to the start of the race, red lights come on, everyone starts revving their engine, then the green llight comes on and the car behind me just takes off like a rocket! Runs strsijt into the back of me and ruins my race.

I don't even care that itvruined my race I just want to know how he did it and if it was some kind of bug.

Any ideas anyone?

Oh, we were racing gt3 both in McLarens if that makes a difference.

Flihp
22-06-2015, 02:48
They could have jumped the start? I have had too many times someone behind me jumping the start, running into me and giving me a drive thru for jumping the start because they pushed me, rather annoying. Likewise someone taking off as soon as they possibly can, be up the road missing out on first lap carnage, serve their drive through penalty and still come out in front.

Alan Dallas
22-06-2015, 07:09
They could have jumped the start? I have had too many times someone behind me jumping the start, running into me and giving me a drive thru for jumping the start because they pushed me, rather annoying. Likewise someone taking off as soon as they possibly can, be up the road missing out on first lap carnage, serve their drive through penalty and still come out in front.
This is why we've been asking for a Stop and Hold penalty rather than just a drive thru. Like in some race series, jump a start, get held for 30 or 60 seconds(depending on series) in the pits.

Eric Bergeret
22-06-2015, 07:43
So earlier today I was doing sn online races at monza and I'd managed to qualif3rd (which is really good for me). Anyway get to the start of the race, red lights come on, everyone starts revving their engine, then the green llight comes on and the car behind me just takes off like a rocket! Runs strsijt into the back of me and ruins my race.

I don't even care that itvruined my race I just want to know how he did it and if it was some kind of bug.

Any ideas anyone?

Oh, we were racing gt3 both in McLarens if that makes a difference.
hold your brake and throttle, release the brake soon and fast as possible when is green, no is not really a bug more like a good start.

Shepard2603
22-06-2015, 07:53
hold your brake and throttle, release the brake soon and fast as possible when is green, no is not really a bug more like a good start.

Mmh, out of expereince I know that you can jump start without being punished:

Hold the brakes, shift to 1st gear and right BEFORE the lights go green loose the brakes and hit the gas --> Rocket launch, but beware of the cars in front... Many are using this exploit to gain some places right from the start.

Mark Quigley
22-06-2015, 08:59
Mmh, out of expereince I know that you can jump start without being punished:

Hold the brakes, shift to 1st gear and right BEFORE the lights go green loose the brakes and hit the gas --> Rocket launch, but beware of the cars in front... Many are using this exploit to gain some places right from the start.

This is how I try to get good starts but normally 1 or 2 seconds after the green because I'm too busy looking back to watch the carnage. :D

sergiumtz
22-06-2015, 09:11
Happens often and it's not about jumping starts! I'm trying to jump the start and i'm stuck until it's green so no one can actually jump a start in these conditions. But right after the starts, as in 1-2 seconds, most often than not you see cars ramming eachother, literally some of them flying ABOVE other cars, etc.

Again, this is not about jumping a start as i'm trying to do it and i'm actually stuck with no possibility to jump it. So what's going on?

Shepard2603
22-06-2015, 09:40
When I am starting as described above, my car is clearly moving before the lights go green...
I have no clue how the jump start detection is working in the game engine, 2 or 3 times I received a drive through because my car was moving by itself when I was still in the pre-race-zooming scene... it's weired somehow.

MrFlibble81
22-06-2015, 10:48
Well if he jumped the start he never got any penalty for it but honestly, I was watching him in my mirror and I never saw him jump the start. He revved the crap out of his car during the red lights and then just took off on green, rear ended me, and kept going like a rocket toward turn one where he caused more carnage.

I wish I'dhave saved the replay but my kid started fussing toward the end of the race.

Like I said, I've never seenit before so I have no idea but if it was a jump start them that needs to be fixed pretty quick.

Eric Bergeret
22-06-2015, 10:57
When I am starting as described above, my car is clearly moving before the lights go green...
I have no clue how the jump start detection is working in the game engine, 2 or 3 times I received a drive through because my car was moving by itself when I was still in the pre-race-zooming scene... it's weired somehow.
let your foot on the brake when loading, some track your car move alone , like spa for a good exemple.

Neil Bateman
22-06-2015, 11:14
Last night i saw someone who was 5th on the grid reverse right up to the car behind him before light sequece started then lauched off the line before the green avoiding a penalty, was way in front of the polesitter halfway down the straight, i thought he is desperate for a win until he suddenly slammed the brakes on and took out half the field.

He spent 45 mins in practice, 15 mins in qualy just to ruin everyones race.

MrFlibble81
22-06-2015, 12:42
It was just like in this video, only in my race he ran into the back of me and carried on ramming everyone else too! --

https://youtu.be/rnwshadd9oc

Not sure if its a bug or not but it doesn't seem right to me.

LordDRIFT
22-06-2015, 14:36
Haha. Nice thread title.

321Respawn
22-06-2015, 15:33
I had that rocket start once .I qualified 2nd and as usual planted the throttle on last red light and waited for green .Green came up and I was off like a rocket wondering why everyone else was moving so slow off the grid .It was like I had super traction control with no wheel spin at the start .

RobMUFC1987
22-06-2015, 15:49
To get a rocket start, hold the brake, put it in 1st. When the last red light comes on, hold down the throttle then release the brake on green. It's like being launched in a 4WD car without bogging down